• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hell In A Cell 2015: HIAC Match - The Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar

Honestly, I was going to debate Aquaman6686 here, but it's pretty clear from he cares more about ridiculous outlandish remarks than actually building a credible argument.

To address the OP, Brock has no ego. Brock Lesnar wants to get paid. That's it. He doesn't care if he wins, loses, has a draw, or whatever. If the check clears, Brock will follow the script.

A loss won't hurt Undertaker. He's the freaking Undertaker. No matter what happens Sunday, he will always be the Deadman. He will always be the guy who went 21-0 at WrestleMania, and he will always be a bonafide first ballot Hall of Famer.

Honestly, a loss won't "hurt" either man. They'r both mega established main eventers. However, I feel there is more to gain with Brock going over. Sure, Brock was over when he came back in 2012. But he's been on a different level since ending the Streak. I think WWE will be better off making Lesnar continue his monstrous streak of badassery. Sure, Taker may not be retiring anytime soon, but I think Brock will stick around a little longer, so he's better off winning. In the end, no matter what, Undertaker will always be Undertaker. He can never win another match ever again, and he will still be the Undertaker. Brock, while he is still Brock, would be much better served as the guy who beat Undertaker in Hell in a Cell (for a second time!) than the guy who lost to the Undertaker after getting screwed at SummerSlam.

A loss won't hurt Undertaker. He's the freaking Undertaker. No matter what happens Sunday, he will always be the Deadman. He will always be the guy who went 21-0 at WrestleMania, and he will always be a bonafide first ballot Hall of Famer.

I don't understand how people fail to see the devastating damage Brock Lesnar has done to Undertaker's career. He will always be "the guy who went undefeated at WrestleMania...until he fought Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania", "the guy who dominated Hell in a Cell...until he fought Brock Lesnar in Hell in a Cell", and "the guy who dominated WWE for 25 years...except for every time he fought Brock Lesnar. Then he just got the crap kicked out of him". How do people not see this? Undertaker has been booked to be INFERIOR to Brock Lesnar in every possible way, and WWE has stated outright through their booking that the Undertaker is INCAPABLE of defeating Brock Lesnar without cheating. That casts a shadow that overwrites everything else he ever did in his career. Everything he did and everyone he ever beat, it's all pointless if he can't beat Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar has been booked as invincible and unbeatable. A clean loss to Undertaker will not hurt Lesnar AT ALL. Yet another loss to Lesnar takes away the last shred of Undertaker's legacy. That would be WWE officially stating, "The Undertaker is not as good as Brock Lesnar. Undertaker doesn't matter. Glory glory Brock Lesnar." There's every reason for Undertaker to win and no reason for Undertaker to lose. But WWE will do the wrong thing anyway, because it's pretty much all they do these days. Brock Lesnar will win, probably by submission, to dump that last steaming load of crap on whatever is left of Undertaker's career. And Undertaker will always be remembered as the guy who couldn't beat Brock Lesnar.

R.I.P. to The Undertaker's career. A 25 year career that should have gone down in history as one of the top 5 of all time was completely flushed down the toilet to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego.

Undertaker's entire career was meaningless. WWE has emphatically stated that Undertaker dominated the company for 25 years, won 6 World Championships, won 21 straight times at WrestleMania, but he is INFERIOR TO BROCK LESNAR IN EVERY WAY. His entire career was nothing but a tool to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego. Fifty or a hundred years from now, when Stephanie's grandson is in charge of the company, and Undertaker is shown in a promotional video for WrestleMania 88, what will he be remembered for? He'll be remembered as the man who couldn't defeat Brock Lesnar. His inability to defeat Lesnar overshadows and erases everything else he ever did.

R.I.P. to The Undertaker's career. A 25 year career that should have gone down in history as one of the top 5 of all time was completely flushed down the toilet to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego.

Undertaker's entire career was meaningless. WWE has emphatically stated that Undertaker dominated the company for 25 years, won 6 World Championships, won 21 straight times at WrestleMania, but he is INFERIOR TO BROCK LESNAR IN EVERY WAY. His entire career was nothing but a tool to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego. Fifty or a hundred years from now, when Stephanie's grandson is in charge of the company, and Undertaker is shown in a promotional video for WrestleMania 88, what will he be remembered for? He'll be remembered as the man who couldn't defeat Brock Lesnar. His inability to defeat Lesnar overshadows and erases everything else he ever did.

You're majorly overreacting. We get you love the Undertaker but his losses to Lesnar do nothing to bring down his career accomplishments.

There was only 2 ways this was ever going to go. Either Undertaker retires and is never heard from again after WrestleMania or Lesnar wins the feud.

Simply put, you cannot have a 50-year-old man working a very limited schedule win the war with the biggest beast in the business who will one day hold the title again. For the many of us who care about storylines and somewhat realistic stuff, it just can't go to the Undertaker.

In the meantime, in all 3 matches including the 2 losses Undertaker looked good. He gave Brock a good "beating" and showed there's nothing to be ashamed of.

I mean the way you are acting is like the guy has never lossed before Wrestlemania and HIAC. Did all the losses along the way over the last 25 years bring him down and make his career meaningless, too?

BAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!

The post above is pure gold. Taker's legacy has been erased comletely in much the same way that, for instance, Zinedine Zidane's legacy was completely overshadowed in footballing circles by his heatbutt to an italian defender in the 2006 Football World Cup football... :rolleyes: :shrug:

Simply put, you cannot have a 50-year-old man working a very limited schedule win the war with the biggest beast in the business who will one day hold the title again?

Well put, and that's how I think people will come to regard the later career of the Undertaker.......the guy got old. Everyone does, right?

'Taker made quite a show of stumbling around the ring during the match, looking winded and tired. As far as I could see, that was meant to show us that time and age catch up to all of us, and even while 'Taker proved himself still bad-ass and capable of delivering punishment, even he realized he was in against an exceptional physical specimen (save for Brock's rather untidy, overhanging gut, which I didn't like) and the ultimate result was inevitable.

If WWE wants to take a legendary performer.....and present him as human..... I have no problem with it and firmly believe people in the future will respect the man's career in the manner it should be respected.

You don’t tug on Superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, you don’t pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don’t defeat the Undertaker and WrestleMania!! Looking back at everything now, I would have reversed the outcomes at WrestleMania XXX and SummerSlam 2015. If the end result was always going to be Brock Lesnar winning this feud with the Undertaker, I would have at the very least, kept the undefeated streak alive, which would have currently sat at 23-0. It would have been the exact same effect, but would have still kept everyone happy.

Just like Andre The Giant is known as the guy that got dominated by The Ultimate Warrior. That's all anyone ever thinks about. That's Andre's entire legacy and reputation in the wrestling world. I don't know why WWE ever brings up the name Andre The Giant anymore. He's just a guy that couldn't beat Warrior.

Over the years I have disagreed with you on just about everything. So many times I've read a post that just seemed so wrong to me then I noticed it was Aquaman again. A lot of the time it was just things that were a matter of preference. I just chalked it up to different strokes for different folks, but you have truly proven your idiocy in this thread.

You're majorly overreacting. We get you love the Undertaker but his losses to Lesnar do nothing to bring down his career accomplishments.

There was only 2 ways this was ever going to go. Either Undertaker retires and is never heard from again after WrestleMania or Lesnar wins the feud.

Simply put, you cannot have a 50-year-old man working a very limited schedule win the war with the biggest beast in the business who will one day hold the title again. For the many of us who care about storylines and somewhat realistic stuff, it just can't go to the Undertaker.

In the meantime, in all 3 matches including the 2 losses Undertaker looked good. He gave Brock a good "beating" and showed there's nothing to be ashamed of.

I mean the way you are acting is like the guy has never lossed before Wrestlemania and HIAC. Did all the losses along the way over the last 25 years bring him down and make his career meaningless, too?

"In all 3 matches"? Shows how much you know. There were six, and that's only counting one-on-one PPV matches. Their first match ended in a draw, and the other five were Brock Lesnar DESTROYING Undertaker. He was made to look completely outclassed in every way. Even the one match he "won" was by bullshit heel tactics, which made Undertaker look even more pathetic and weak.

This victory HAD to go to Undertaker. Absolutely HAD to. It would have not hurt Lesnar in any way, shape, or form to take the loss. But Lesnar's ego is too huge and Undertaker clearly has no respect for himself, so Taker was once again squashed and annihilated. His career means absolutely nothing now, because it's completely overshadowed by his inability to defeat Brock Lesnar. Fifty years from now, that's all Undertaker will be remembered as - the guy who couldn't beat Brock Lesnar.

You don’t tug on Superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, you don’t pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don’t defeat the Undertaker and WrestleMania!! Looking back at everything now, I would have reversed the outcomes at WrestleMania XXX and SummerSlam 2015. If the end result was always going to be Brock Lesnar winning this feud with the Undertaker, I would have at the very least, kept the undefeated streak alive, which would have currently sat at 23-0. It would have been the exact same effect, but would have still kept everyone happy.

Nope, there was no way Undertaker would do that. He has no respect for himself or the legacy he used to have. He cares about nothing but making Brock Lesnar look invincible.

"In all 3 matches"? Shows how much you know. There were six, and that's only counting one-on-one PPV matches. Their first match ended in a draw, and the other five were Brock Lesnar DESTROYING Undertaker. He was made to look completely outclassed in every way. Even the one match he "won" was by bullshit heel tactics, which made Undertaker look even more pathetic and weak.

This victory HAD to go to Undertaker. Absolutely HAD to. It would have not hurt Lesnar in any way, shape, or form to take the loss. But Lesnar's ego is too huge and Undertaker clearly has no respect for himself, so Taker was once again squashed and annihilated. His career means absolutely nothing now, because it's completely overshadowed by his inability to defeat Brock Lesnar. Fifty years from now, that's all Undertaker will be remembered as - the guy who couldn't beat Brock Lesnar.

Even though that's completely ludicrous and entirely not the case, even if he was, Lesnar is legitimately one of the toughest wrestlers in the history of the business, if Taker would be perceived as the guy who couldn't beat him, that's no insult to the Undertaker.

I am referring to the latest 3. If you think Lesnar "DESTROYED" the Undertaker in these last 2 I don't know exactly what you're watching.

Oh and to your last sentence "50 years from now" that's entirely untrue and ridiculous... if you're going to remember him that way, that's sad for you and you have selective memory but the vast majority of fans that have been alive to watch his whole career won't remember only that.

Ya know, when you began rambling about this last night I thought that you were a HUGE Undertaker fan, but as your comments have continued I am seriously doubting it. You're the only one here trying to take down his career.

I am referring to the latest 3. If you think Lesnar "DESTROYED" the Undertaker in these last 2 I don't know exactly what you're watching.

Oh and to your last sentence "50 years from now" that's entirely untrue and ridiculous... if you're going to remember him that way, that's sad for you and you have selective memory but the vast majority of fans that have been alive to watch his whole career won't remember only that.

Ya know, when you began rambling about this last night I thought that you were a HUGE Undertaker fan, but as your comments have continued I am seriously doubting it. You're the only one here trying to take down his career.

I've been watching wrestling since before Undertaker even debuted. Everything I'm saying is FACT. Undertaker's inability to defeat Brock Lesnar overshadows everything else he ever did in his career. I'm not trying to take down his career - WWE already did that last night. Undertaker's career is dead. Everything he ever did was for absolutely NOTHING, because he can't beat Brock Lesnar.

Even though that's completely ludicrous and entirely not the case, even if he was, Lesnar is legitimately one of the toughest wrestlers in the history of the business, if Taker would be perceived as the guy who couldn't beat him, that's no insult to the Undertaker.

How blind are you, that you can't see it? ANYONE can beat Brock Lesnar. EXCEPT THE UNDERTAKER. When Roman Reigns eventually beats Lesnar, that immediately proves that in the world of WWE, Roman Reigns is INFINITELY superior to The Undertaker in every way. Because Roman did what Undertaker is incapable of doing. Everything Undertaker did in his entire career is pointless, because he's the guy who CAN'T BEAT BROCK LESNAR.

I've been watching wrestling since before Undertaker even debuted. Everything I'm saying is FACT. Undertaker's inability to defeat Brock Lesnar overshadows everything else he ever did in his career. I'm not trying to take down his career - WWE already did that last night. Undertaker's career is dead. Everything he ever did was for absolutely NOTHING, because he can't beat Brock Lesnar.

I've been watching just as long as you man.

"Everything I'm saying is FACT."

No, it's an opinion. But congrats on having the most inflated ego of anyone on these boards.

How blind are you, that you can't see it? ANYONE can beat Brock Lesnar. EXCEPT THE UNDERTAKER. When Roman Reigns eventually beats Lesnar, that immediately proves that in the world of WWE, Roman Reigns is INFINITELY superior to The Undertaker in every way. Because Roman did what Undertaker is incapable of doing. Everything Undertaker did in his entire career is pointless, because he's the guy who CAN'T BEAT BROCK LESNAR.

Man, I don't know what's sadder. Undertaker winning wouldn't have done anything for him or Brock. But then you don't seem like someone who'd listen. I am sad for you if you remember Taker this way. Instead of celebrating a career like this, you'd harp on his defeat to Lesnar.

I just hope you don't live the rest of your life with your heads up your...you know what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back