• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hell In A Cell 2015: HIAC Match - The Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar

Because it was never the plan in the first place? :shrug:

Yeah, what I'm saying is I don't know. I'm just guessing that the WM rumors were bullshit like so much else we read on these sites.

My thoughts exactly. I don't take any rumored WrestleMania matches seriously until January. Sites like this are reporting mania matches as early as June the past few years. Then when these reports don't come to fruition people wonder what went wrong. Nothing went wrong. It's probably just the creative team bouncing ideas off each other before deciding on which way to go. I'm as big a WrestleMania geek as anybody but I've grown really tired of people predicting or reporting on a card so far away from the show. Remember when everyone thought Wade Barrett was getting a match with Taker at mania a few years ago? What really happened? Barrett was on the losing end of an eight man tag that lasted less than two minutes. You used to be able to see some mania matches coming several months ahead of time. Those days are gone. Don't bother trying until after the Rumble now. You'll probably enjoy things a lot more that way and save yourself some disappointment.

Who said it was moved?

It was never announced as a Wrestlemania match. That was just rumors. Vince wants to break the attendance record at Mania this year. What sounds like it'll sell more seats....... Taker vs Lesnar 3....

OR....

Taker vs Sting AND Lesnar vs Austin?

I know what you're thinking.....Sting may never wrestle again after his recent injury and Austin was injured so bad that he should never wrestle.

Well Sting hasn't officially said its over. He hasn't said the extent of his injury, so there's still a chance. And Austin and Heyman did a one hour promo for a Lesnar match and called it a podcast. Now the next Austin podcast on the network will have Lesnar as the guest. Do you REALLY think that's a coincidence!?

They might have backup plans but I think that's the original plan if everyone is healthy enough to do so. Lesnar/Taker 3 was never the Mania plans, which means that right now they're still sticking to their plan in hopes that Sting Taker Austin and Lesnar will all be ready for Mania.

There really are a few reasons that are possible. Among them:

- Taker doesn't want to lose at Mania again. Lesnar should go over in this match, and Taker should dictate when and where he puts him over.
- Taker is healthy and wants to work the match this soon so he can work someone else at Mania.
- Most likely, they want the match in the Cell and they can't pull off hanging it above the ring Cowboys Stadium.

Hopefully so we can get Taker vs. Sting and Lesnar vs. Owens at WM32.

Though probably because of low ratings, and Vince thinks you have to be really old to draw.

Hopefully so we can get Taker vs. Sting and Lesnar vs. Owens at WM32.

Though probably because of low ratings, and Vince thinks you have to be really old to draw.

No, today the Powers That Be in WWE think only young newcomers draw money, and regularly book them to decimate the veterans who ACTUALLY draw.

Third match has to have a stipulation or it would be a copy/paste from last encounter. I honestly dont want to see any of these two beat the other. I would rather have Kane appear help taker for the win and leave at that.

Lesnar vs. Owens at WM32.

I like as Owens a lot but this a complete waste of Brock Lesnar at WM32. I understand giving the rub to younger talents but on a stage such as this and where Owens currently stands in his career there is no way he lines up against Lesnar. With all the potential main stream and public relations attention Lesnar needs something much more higher profile. Owens needs a spot on the lower where he can shine and hopefully catch the eyes of casual and very casual viewers.

I think everyone has said the main reason - trying to get interest in the network right now. Despite the numbers they promoted around Mania, the numbers are not where they want them to be and it is the start of the tv seasons so fans are not tuning in as much so this is an attempt to draw them in. Will it work? Depends on if you care about a part timer and someone who has only wrestled one match a year for the last 5 years. Taker vs Lesnar a couple years ago was a special attraction but match 3, does it still have that drawing power?

The other thing is that having it at Mania creates problems. Even though there us no streak on the line, Taker losing at Mania is still a strange idea to most people. As well, they are trying to push Lesnar as this beast still. Who loses? Do it here where the match can be violent and you can easily explain either guys losing which you can't do at Mania.

As you should know, plans change on a dime all the time in WWE, doesn't matter how big the plans are.. If they changed it to HIAC they clearly have other plans for Lesnar and Taker at WrestleMania. Undertaker has been around so much this year, more than he has in year's. Taker and Lesnar must have agreed to it so why not do it now.

Third match has to have a stipulation or it would be a copy/paste from last encounter. I honestly dont want to see any of these two beat the other. I would rather have Kane appear help taker for the win and leave at that.

Only if he appears in his 1997 attire and rips the door off the cell.

I do not want to see this match happen and I have said this before many times. In regards to Undertaker I do not think he needs to win this match but I would love to see him beat the snot out of Brock. I hope Kane or Big Show come out to help Undertaker, I can see Kane come up through the ring. I still do not see what is so special about Brock I don't see it if I was Vince I would say do it my way or see ya. WWE has been there before he came around and will be there after he finally leaves for good. He is only a part timer and should not get what he wants he has not earned anything, Brock really does not care about the business. Undertaker is going into the HOF no matter what but what is the reason for trying to push Brock he does not deserve it, Undertaker should go out with a couple of wins to end his career.

Has anyone bothered to ask themselves if 'Taker wants it this way? 'Taker is "Old School". Old school when one is retiring is to lose to someone to give a rub. Has anyone thought that maybe 'Taker himself wants to retire, and then go into the HoF at Wrestlemania? That was probably his intention when he first lost to Lesnar. Vince probably dragged him back for Bray and now Lesnar again. If he wants to go by jobbing to Lesnar, let him. 'Taker's legacy is etched in granite, and then summarily bronzed, and finally encased in Lucite. So, I do not understand all the hubbub.

After Taker's promo on raw does anyone think Taker may get the win at HIAC in similar fashion to Summerslam?

Taker appeared to be not bothered with Lesnar and emphasised he had nothing to lose, maybe playing that retiring card to Vince? Can't really see Lesnar losing twice and with his ego he must have a clause in his contract. I just dont think a Lesnar annihilation is possible with Taker atm and they will definitely need to make the final decision a bigger moment than SS.

The Undertaker has to win clean. A loss doesn't hurt Lesnar at all. A loss destroys the tiny shred of his legacy The Undertaker has left. Undertaker MUST win and he MUST WIN CLEAN.

Plus Hell in a Cell is The Undertaker's domain, it is "his match" so for Taker it is a must win when you think about it but given how Lesnar lost at SummerSlam given that screwy finish I am more inclined to think that Lesnar walks out of the Cell victorious

The Undertaker has to win clean. A loss doesn't hurt Lesnar at all. A loss destroys the tiny shred of his legacy The Undertaker has left. Undertaker MUST win and he MUST WIN CLEAN.

Can't really say back to back losses wont hurt Lesnar, espicially with his ego and with how long discussions went to get him to sign his last contract.

It aint a must 'CLEAN' win imo, if Taker gets 2/3 of there last 3 fights it wont matter it just over the beast and with Taker near the end of his carrer, it just seems unlikely.

Or maybe Taker did a deal that whoever beat the streak would eventually lose the overall battle... just took 2 years to finish the last 2 fights lol

But a loss for Lesnar will hurt Lesnar more considering how he lost at SummerSlam and in such a controversial fashion if he were to lose again back to back PPVs it would really kill Lesnar's momentum whereas a loss for Taker especially in HIAC doesn't really hurt Taker especially at this point in his career

Can't really say back to back losses wont hurt Lesnar, espicially with his ego and with how long discussions went to get him to sign his last contract.

It aint a must 'CLEAN' win imo, if Taker gets 2/3 of there last 3 fights it wont matter it just over the beast and with Taker near the end of his carrer, it just seems unlikely.

Or maybe Taker did a deal that whoever beat the streak would eventually lose the overall battle... just took 2 years to finish the last 2 fights lol

With the exception of SummerSlam (where it was made 100% clear that Undertaker cannot defeat Brock Lesnar without cheating), Lesnar has not only beaten Undertaker every time they've fought, he's beaten him decisively. A loss DOES NOT HURT LESNAR. Undertaker absolutely, 100% needs to win, and it needs to be a clean, submission victory. If Undertaker doesn't get a clean victory, it just proves that Vince has no respect for Undertaker and everything he's done for WWE in 25 years. The only acceptable way for this match to end is for Lesnar to tap out to the Hell's Gate. Undertaker is more important than Brock Lesnar, and his legacy should be more important than stroking Lesnar's ego.

But a loss for Lesnar will hurt Lesnar more considering how he lost at SummerSlam and in such a controversial fashion if he were to lose again back to back PPVs it would really kill Lesnar's momentum whereas a loss for Taker especially in HIAC doesn't really hurt Taker especially at this point in his career

But he DIDN'T lose at SummerSlam. The finish of that match just put over Lesnar as unstoppable and invincible, and that Undertaker's "victory" was nothing but a technicality. That's why Hell in a Cell MUST end with Lesnar tapping out to Hell's Gate.

I can't wait for Brock to beat Taker, so Aquaman can go cry to his mommy!

Grow up, punk. If you actually understood the wrestling business, you'd know why Lesnar winning is bad for business. Perhaps when you're a big boy you'll know how things work.

After Taker's promo on raw does anyone think Taker may get the win at HIAC in similar fashion to Summerslam?

Taker appeared to be not bothered with Lesnar and emphasised he had nothing to lose, maybe playing that retiring card to Vince? Can't really see Lesnar losing twice and with his ego he must have a clause in his contract. I just dont think a Lesnar annihilation is possible with Taker atm and they will definitely need to make the final decision a bigger moment than SS.

I doubt it. As big as WM XXXII will be next year and the fact Taker has been wrestling more matches, I believe Vince believes he got Taker for the long haul.

I think Brock wins clean. Worst case we may get Taker passing out to the Kimura Lock, leading to another bout between the two at WM XXXII where this would be Taker's retirement match.

I can't believe there are so many fans who hate the wrestling business enough to actually WANT Brock Lesnar to go over clean. Why even watch? You're clearly not a wrestling fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back