• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has Sting Actually Signed With WWE??

All you non believers and mood killers that like to ruin someone's rush go to YouTube and type in 2-22-11 promo and tell me who you think it is in the background. Pause it at like :49 and :51 seconds. First you can see sting with his bad and then you can see the painted face. Why do you old mArks always ruin the mood of us "youth movement" an be such downers? Wrestling is changing and it is actually in a good way. Finally getting rid of all u dinosaurs so u can't bitch and moan about "I wish it was the 90s" it's over live wit it. WWE will be become better and bigger than it ever was and I'm praying you guys won't be here to see it because you'll probably complain about it anyway. Stupid marks...

Highly disapointed if he has Signed.. Sting doesnt need WWE and will never need WWE. Whats the point of him fueding with the Undertaker when we all know hes going to end up losing. Why would he pride himself on never working with the E then go and lose to the Es biggest star on the biggest stage in Pro wrestling? Its stupid. All for what? To say he did it once? For a little ring thats not even that credible to begin with? If its true Sting is a sellout in my mind and will always be a Sell out.

Vince wouldn't break the bank to bring in Sting just to bury him. Also I am sure that Sting wouldn't take a check just to lay down either. sure he would probably not win against Taker at Mania. BUT they do have ties to eachother early in their careers. Since both are coming to an end they would probably want to be involved with eachother in some capacity. I think that Kane would be a better opponent if it's something to go past Mania setting up a Sting / Taker match say at Summerslam.

And if I remember correctly he stayed away from the E years ago when they were in the Attitude era. The PG WWE is probably more palatable than the trash TNA is putting on the tube.

And if I remember correctly he stayed away from the E years ago when they were in the Attitude era. The PG WWE is probably more palatable than the trash TNA is putting on the tube.

If I remember correctly, a major part of why he didn't join with the E was less the Attitude Era and more because he didn't like how the WCW wrestlers were being handled. With a change in management coming he's probably warmed up more to the idea.

I have to literally go on my knees and suck McMahon's dick as a fan. Seriously, this is probably the BEST way to get tickets to Wrestlemania. Regardless of who it is. The speculation has reached boiling point, and it's all going to Mania.

I lick your shoes Vince.

My first though when i saw the video was the undertaker but it seemed a little off for the undertakers usual return promos cause hes so-pose to be buried alive an this guy was walking they usually do some kind of paranormal video then when he debuts show a hand coming up or some such thing then i got to remembering stings crow promo it was him walking in the rain in his trench-coat then he picks up a baseball bat, i do hope this is sting though because all the hype an the news of sting possibly sighning a contract people might boo more then cheer if its the undertaker

Just imagine. Undertaker comes out on Raw to all the pomp and circumstance, the long, drawn out entrance. The whole thing.

The crowd yells and screams for minutes. He grabs a mic and just as he begins to speak, the lights go out. The scorpion montage hits the screens and the strobe lights go crazy. The lights go up and on the ramp is Sting. In the trenchcoat and the Crow facepaint.

He doesn't say anything. He just points to Taker with his baseball bat.

Epic.
If that's how Raw ended it would be amazing.

As for the topic at hand, it is very possible it is Sting. I am not one of those who see "Sting" in the smoke or any other cryptic stuff, but Sting's own website has sounds of lightning and thunder. It has become his trademark. As far as him never working for WWE, how many people have "retired" in wrestling and vowed never to be seen again. Vince is the still a genius and the Raw after EC is going to be a must watch. Even if you don't favor WWE, curiosity will make you tune in.

See, the Undertaker just doesn't make sense. He was buried alive, they can't just have him return without acknowledging that. So he'd either go after Kane (unlikely) or Wade Barrett who orchestrated the attack that caused his burial. And guess what, both of those options are on Friday nights. If the WWE brought him back to Raw to "find" someone to fight, it just would not make any sense or connect the Buried Alive story line. And fans arn't stupid, they'll notice. I'm being optimistic about Sting, but with the WWE it could be anything. Let's home for Sting Vs. Taker though.

It's all too soon to tell really. Like everyone else, I'm intrigued by the possibility of what this 2/21/11 situation is. Could it be Sting, maybe The Undertaker, maybe even Awesome Kong? Sure, though I think Sting could be the front runner at this particular point in time. Or, maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Sting being in a WWE ring would be huge in and of itself. Sting is the single biggest name in wrestling over the past probably 40 years to have never wrestled in the WWE. Him having something to do with WrestleMania will, I'd say, help ensure a big buyrate for the event. People have been talking about Sting vs. The Undertaker, potentially, at WM since all this started going around and it'd be a huge draw quite frankly. Even though neither of these men are in their prime, it's still one of the only true dream matches left out there that's still possibly viable.

I haven't been all that fond of Sting's use in TNA because he's been the center of attention on too many occassions. That won't be the case in the WWE. If Sting does sign with the company, if he does wrestle, then I won't be at all surprised if the WWE uses him to help but over younger talent. Sting has long been at a point in his career where he doesn't need to be a champion, doesn't need to be a headliner. Nothing that Sting can do right now I think can ultimately do any damage to his legacy.

Why would it be Taker? When have we ever known him to say the date he's coming back....especially when he's supposedly been "buried." It should be Sting....but can anyone tell me if Sting has been known to wear those pointy boots? I can't remember those...so my biggest fear is that it's Kong. This is great to speculate about because unlike the Millenium countdown or SaveUs we actually don't have an exact answer on who this is. Please be Sting....Please be Sting

no matter who it is, wwe has finally managed to cause intrigue to raw (at least for me) rumble...rumors got m to order. raw...wanted to see if diesel or booker were on. 2/21....lots of intrigue there. I wonder though....

I remember reading an interview with sting like 5 years ago where he said that the one thing he hasent done in wrestling and wants to do is have a match at wrestlemania.

so this is his chance

I guess I'm not one of those people who get their hopes up and swear its one thing or the other. I have seen the video a couple times, and the logical choice is the undertaker being that he is under contract and he is about to return. But that's where my thoughts on him end because nothing in this video seems like a undertaker video or about him coming back from being buried alive. I also don't see the sting in the smoke but the video is more of a sting feel just from his older videos. But that's where my thoughts on him ends. Let's all be honest with our selves its a real long shot that sting has signed and I don't want myself to get my hopes up over a long shot. With all that being said I'd get hard if it went down (not really hard but you get the point). I don't know if I'd do a long final run but to have him have that one show down with the dead man would be amazing. I agree with a poster from earlier you don't wanna break the bank to have him lay down for the dead man but something at mania to set up a match at a big ppv down the road. Or hell have them in a match at mania and have the nexus get involved forcing a Darw neither men lose and you get a rematch down the road plus punk makes an even bigger name for himself. But in closing it sounds amazing but I don't wanna get my hopes up for nothing although a returning deadman sounds good in its own.

OK....it is not HHH. This would be a stupid way to bring him back. He has never had this feel to any of his characters so for him to show up in the rain and a trenchcoat would be the most moronic thing the E has done in years. HHH will show up at EC and cost Sheamus to be eliminated, bank on it.

As for the video, I pray it is Sting. I have been a Sting fan for years and any match he has at Mania would be fine with me. If he did sign a 1 year contract, my guess is it is more like 13 months. so he has 2 WM matches.

I could see Taker returning on 2-21 and being in the ring and have The Core come down and surround the ring about to attack Taker, only to have the lights go out and Sting come down from the rafters and stand side by side with Taker to fight off The Core.

This would set up a Sting/Taker vs The Core match at WM giving both Taker and Sting a lighter workload and giving them both a win. Taker goes to 19-0 and Sting gets a win in his first match in the E.

Then at next years WM they can build the match properly Taker vs Sting and it could be the last match in Stings career.

This is awesome, good job wwe and Vince. This video alone makes everyone watch the weeks leading up to the 21-02-11 because they want to see if there are more videos. It's great to be fan when this happens I'm enjoying everything the wwe is doing ATM and if this is sting it's the icing on the cake. Sting is in my top three all favorite wrestlers along with DDP and Goldberg.

I hope this is him, everything in the video screams sting, if it is I don't care who he faces at mania I just want him at mania. This is awesome!!!!!

I was watching Raw on a 20 minute delay (so I could FF through commercials and the Divas Match), and I buzzed right by that promo, I thought it was a commercial for a movie. I didn't realize it was a promo for something wrestling related until i read about it on the boards, so I watched it a few times.

I really hope it is Sting, and that that video did have the typical "Sting" feel to it. I really think there are enough people who still know who Sting is where if he did debut in the WWE after all these years, the ovation he'd get would be 10X as loud as what Diesel and Booker T got at the Rumble combined!

I have to admit, every time I think of Sting going to the "E" I mark the fuck out. I can't help it. I know, he's said he would never go to the WWE, but come on. How many people thought Bret would ever return? There have been changes in WWE since Sting has said that, and I'm sure he wouldn't sign on for anything without having creative control of how he's used. He's a smart man, and I'm sure he knows he's the one w/the negotiating advantage.

I think this has been a marketing milestone for Vince. Let's say he's in negotiations with Sting, but it hasn't quite materialized fully. Say he wants to show Sting how many people would die to see him in a WWE ring. How would somebody do that w/out breaking some trust issues or boundaries? This very vignette. It could go either way. It's vague enough so that if Sting decided not to sign, you simply go with the obvious choice of the Undertaker and the vignette is still legit. If Sting does sign, it's already in place. Fucking genius.

And if that vignette is any indication of how they will utilize Sting, I am beyond convinced it will be a great run. That vignette is simply amazing, yet astoundingly simple. If they repackage Sting a bit to give him more of an edge, that eerie, supernatural feel, and he plays the role well, then... well, just... MY. GOD. You could have a movie quality storyline on WWE programming. And you would have to make it larger than life, totally beyond a "realistic" approach. You'd just have to. It would be... Epic.

And could you believe the buyrates for Mania if this happened? I think it would probably easily shatter some records. It would create mainstream buzz, kids that might not even know Sting's name would see the permanent Kool-Aid grin and adrenaline shakes from their parent(s) and just know something huge was coming. They would find out all they could about Sting. He would get such an iconic boost in popularity over his already iconic popularity. After thinking about it, how could Sting and Vince NOT do it? It's a win-win all around. Hell, it's not even official and it's already turning into the story of the decade.

Don't forget merchandising profit either. Fuck, both WWE and Sting could live 5 lifetimes on the merchandise they'd sell bringing Sting in. And you know WWE would make the best Sting t-shirt ever.

I hope it's Sting, I really do. And I hope they give this all the attention in the world and do it right. I mean, think about it. They wouldn't have to do much of anything to build this to the point of boiling over. You have them do what they do best. Taker in the ring, Sting popping out in the rafters or wherever, and do the stare downs. Utilize the lighting and have a little battle of "powers" with Taker making the lights come up and Sting fucking w/them. They wouldn't have to have any matches or even do any run-ins. It's perfect for them both. They could take all that time to prepare and condition themselves for a monumental match at Mania. It would be pure insanity not to do this at this point in time. Anything else would be a let down, and if it happened a year from now it would have the "boy that cried wolf" stigmata and would lose the initial feel of excitement this buzz is creating. I know that if it happened later I wouldn't be as excited as I am now. And to all the haters that want to call Sting a sell-out? Go sit in a closet somewhere while the other 99.9% of the world witness an epic, once in a lifetime event.

If it's for an entire year than it's not just for the hall of fame...

I could see him having a match at Mania... most likely against The Undertaker. While also getting inducted to the HoF. Personally? I'm excited for it.

With Sting being my all time favorite wrestler and has been since the early 90s, I really hope he has signed with WWE. Personally, if Sting did sign and is debuting on 2/21/11, I will be purchasing Mania this year. If not, I wont be purchasing it. There isn't a big time match such as Flair/HBK, Rock/Hogan, HBK/Undertaker in the talks/works yet for Mania. Obviously a Sting vs Taker match is a dream match. I'd be more than glad to give WWE my money for Mania this year if Sting has signed with WWE and debuts on 2/21/11.

Ok get this, everyone is saying if Sting is signed he would fight Taker at mania. This would be an amazing match but like people have said before me why would he fight the top dog in the top dog's yard if he is going to lose? What if we relive Wrestlemania 18 and do a past vs. present match with Sting(past) vs. John Cena(present). It be just like Rock/Hogan but personally I think it would be better.

there is also the issues that the Undertaker has when he returns, usually when he comes back he settles whatever feud he had with whomever that in storyline put him out of the shows.... So Undertaker got both Kane, and perhaps the New Nexus or Core members to deal with first.

Now to introduce Sting right, Maybe make his association with Undertaker be Ambigious, like you don't really know if he is with him or against him. I could think of some cheesy storyline that it was Sting that brought the Undertaker back to settle his business, but its Sting alone that can Lay the Undertaker to Rest. and Tries to at Wrestlemania.

Its quite simple really.

Sting was the one behind the nexus attack. They never revealed the secret Otunga alluded too, they never referred to a "higher purpose" what higher purpose could there be then Sting.

I haven't seen the promo yet, I'll watch RAW tonight because I'm Australian.

But if they need an option, its Sting was behind the nexus attack.

Sting vs Undertaker is a match worthy of buying wrestlemania.

If Sting has signed, its a WWE masterstroke.

Man, the mere sight of it should send chills down everyone's spine......!!

Brotha you have NOOOO idea! I'm gettin shivers/chills just about thinking of it! This would be IMO and Im sure opinions of others as one of the BIGGEST signings in recent WWE history. It'd be like Hogan jumping from WWF to WCW. Sting, the ICON, the LEGEND, the man who STILL has what it takes to perform in the ring to come to the WWE to take on WWE's greatest active Legend/WWE's WrestleMania main Attraction (i don't care WHO is maineventing WrestleMania, we tune in to see the Undertaker pure and simple. The REAL fans tune in to see the dead man, the kiddies tune in to see Cena).

The scene is playing in my head as we speak. Stings long/slow pointing at the Undertaker. I would only BEG the WWE to bring back JR for this one night..please WWE bring back JR.. Can you imagine JR screaming "OMG ITS STING STING STING!!!!". Michael Cole doing it wouldn't give the debut any sort of justice. And the timing is PERFECT. King could scare away Cole and Jr takes his place for 1 night only...

I just hope WWE owns the Sting Crow Theme because omg that would be sooo perfect...
Sting comes out and eventually tells the Undertaker that he's the real Phenom and the true man from the dark side. This can actually turn into something greatly done by the WWE. I just hope if it is Sting coming, the WWE doesn't destroy his legacy. WWE has been known to do that before...

Its quite simple really.

Sting was the one behind the nexus attack. They never revealed the secret Otunga alluded too, they never referred to a "higher purpose" what higher purpose could there be then Sting.

I haven't seen the promo yet, I'll watch RAW tonight because I'm Australian.

But if they need an option, its Sting was behind the nexus attack.

Sting vs Undertaker is a match worthy of buying wrestlemania.

If Sting has signed, its a WWE masterstroke.

Are you currently in Australia? Because if you are be safe my friend! That Cyclone looks to raise all kinds of hell!

But I do agree that Sting being behind the Nexus attacks could be brilliantly done.

i really don't think that the promo is for Undertaker. I feel like they usually reserve those promos for someone that making a debut or has been gone for a really long time. I feel like they wouldn't tease Undertaker returning from a few month break, they would just do what they always do and have the lights suddenly go out during a main event (possibly at Elimination Chamber) and have Taker appearing in the ring once the lights come back on and start kicking ass.

If i was a betting man, i'd bet on it being Sting that shows up on 2/21/11. I especially think that more so since Sting apparently didn't show up at the TNA TV taping to be apart of the MEM like everyone thought he might.

The possibility of Sting in the WWE also has become alot more likely since WWE switched to PG. Supposedly Sting never wanted to be in WWE because they conflicted with his Christian values. Now that they've toned down all the sex and violence, there's no reason Sting shouldn't be in WWE.

Now that i think about it, Sting doesn't really belong in TNA anymore. Where WWE went to PG and toned down the Sex and Violence, TNA has done the opposite. If the company Sting chooses to be in is influenced by his Christian values, he belongs in WWE more so than TNA these day.

I honestly won't hold my breath for it but I really really hope that if Sting is in WWE they have Sting vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania. After the amazing Undertaker vs. HBK matches the past couple years anything else besides that would seem underwhelming.

Granted, there's no way that Taker could put on the kind of match with Sting that he did with HBK. But from a hype standpoint it would be amazing. What wrestling fan wouldn't want to order Wrestlemania for that match? I can imagine there being the same kind of electricity in the air that there was when The Rock wrestled Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania.

If there is a wrestling god please let Undertaker/Sting happen instead of Barrett/Undertaker.

I'm not in the cyclone area fortunately. Though being defence force I could get moved there!!

WM27 main event Undertaker vs Sting = $$$ and thats what Vince cares about.

As for the big bad company in the north... well is the money is good enough, and your the most famous wrestler not to wrestle in the most famous company, why not?

Maybe Sting sees the light and that TNA is becoming the WCW that lost to WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back