Grade The Feud: CM Punk VS The Rock

The coward heel has been done to death now. For once it would have been nice to have a dominant heel champion who is not a monster (Mark Henry). Have punk dominate due to his wrestling skill, and live up to the 'best in the world' moniker.
Grade: C

Yes i agree , Punk should be a dominant heel. The only moment Punk had last year as a dominant heel was at Night of Champions were he made Cena look like a rookie. After that he was presented as coward all the way, when Shield wasn't involved he was running from Ryback. The shield is a good thing for him,but he needs to stop the coward fleeing.

I don't get all you marks for CM Punk. He was a disgrace as a champion. To be the best in the world, you have to win your matches without help from Brad Maddox, Paul-E or the Shield.

Are you serious!? Punk went over clean in all his matches until he joined with Paul Heyman, and that was in july, so that means for almost a year he won his matches WITHOUT help. Its morons like you that can't seem to look past the fact that Punk was going over clean until he turned heel.

I say its a B, but not so sure if we should grade so soon. I think a triple threat is still possible between Punk/Cena/Rock because Punk will have a match against Cena for his shot against the Rock and a double countout or some sort of unclear finish can easily send them both to WM. Anyways, the build to their match was good. Alot of good promos from Punk and a few brawls with the Rock. The RR match disappointed though, it was very slow paced and I really didn't enjoy the ending. The second match was better, although I didn't like how they were playing too much into stipulation and I found a gimmick match unnecessary. Overall it was good but I think not as good as it could've been. Also I find it funny that they botched the Rock Bottom on the table two PPVs in a row.

I give this feud a solid B ... maybe even a B+. Primarily on the strength of the Royal Rumble match where it appeared for a short time that Punk was going to go over The Rock at least once.

As some have mentioned ... the major problem with the feud is that it was 100 percent clear how it was going to end. That hurts any feud significantly. It is also hurt by the fact that The Rock never performs in the ring except at PPVs, so you can't have fun tag events or anything that have him involved.

In the end though ... they provided two good matches and great mic work. It has helped elevate Punk even with his lengthy reign coming to an end. And it is two people that when they are onscreen you simply can't turn away from. Can't complain too much.

If Rocks promos were upto par then it could have been better, but apart from that promo after the royal rumble, he really hasn't been the pie eatin, trailblazin, eyebrow rasin, peoples champ, theeeeeee rock.

Hes been Dwayne.

Also, not coming every single week doesn't help his cause either. He comes after 2 weeks, atleast for this time period he should have taken some time off from movies, but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back