• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goldberg close to signing with WWE?

TheKingofKings20222

WWE Attitude Era Champion
The following is from Wrestlezone:

Former WCW and WWE Superstar is close to signing a legends deal with the WWE. In addition to signing a contract with the company, a Goldberg DVD is expected to be released in the summer of 2013. ItIt's unknown at this time if Goldberg will have any further involvement with the company beyond the DVD project.

So if Goldberg does come back to the WWE, do you think he'll wrestle a match? If so, who should be his opponent?

My Answer: Brock Lesnar

It makes perfect sense. Brock has left and said that he has done all there is for him to do. If you remember back, Brock Lesnar NEVER beat Goldberg. In fact, Goldberg is the last man who beat Lesnar to "send" him out of the WWE.

Goldberg signing a legends deal will mean that he'll be used sparingly. I can see him being used to put Ryback over. I'd like to see this match seeings how Goldberg is still in pretty decent shape. It'd be a hell of a match.

If in fact Goldberg signs a Legends contract with the WWE, I would like to see his DVD. Like the Undertaker’s 20-0 DVD, I would love to see “Goldberg 173-0” featuring all 173 matches with his first lose as a DVD extra. I mean, his matches were about 12 seconds each, so I’m sure they could fit all 173 on Blu-Ray, right?? HAHA!!

If he returns to compete, I’d like to see him face the following:
WWE Champion, CM Punk
World Champion, Sheamus
The Face of the WWE, John Cena
The Rematch with Brock Lesnar
Goldberg V.2, Ryback

If Ryback beats Goldberg, then that means he is technically better than Lesnar so he should face Undertaker at WM. If Ryback loses, that means Undertaker is better than Lesnar and Goldberg so we don't need to watch a Lesnar or Goldberg Vs Undertaker match.

Do people really want to see Ryback vs Goldberg? I know there very similar but that doesnt seem like a match that would really draw. I understand people want to put over the young guys but chances are if Goldberg came back it would be the same as The Rock and Brock Lesnar in that it would be to get a couple big money fights.

Having Goldberg come back to immediatley lose to Ryback would be a waste of a return and then thats all you get out of him because he doesnt look like a credible threat.

So if Goldberg does come back to the WWE, do you think he'll wrestle a match? If so, who should be his opponent?

It makes perfect sense. Brock has left and said that he has done all there is for him to do. If you remember back, Brock Lesnar NEVER beat Goldberg. In fact, Goldberg is the last man who beat Lesnar to "send" him out of the WWE.

You didnt watch WM XX did you?

In a time where two guys weren't (or were) in their primes, that contest was probably one of the worst dream matches in all of professional wrestling.

No offence, but Brock Lesnar is just a former RETIRED UFC fighter to me. I remember Brock being the next big thing 10 years ago. He's still a big dude, but he's not fit for the WWE.

He has less moves than Cena, and I still can't believe I'm saying that. If anything, guys like Brock and Goldberg need to work with guys that can sell REALLY WELL, or it just wont work.

Agreed, I don't want to see Ryback/Goldberg and Goldberg's wrestlemania match sucked. We don't want to pay to sit through that again.
Let Goldberg squash some jobbers to sell a few DVD's and T shirts, then use him to put over Del Rio or Ziggler on ppv.

I have Ryback and Goldberg as a tag team champs in WWE 12. It might be cool to see in real life. They would be credible enough to face Kane and Daniel Bryan. then eventually split up and feud leading into Wrestlemania.

Legends contract doesn't really mean any form of in ring action, it'll free him up for DVDs and games etc much like we have seen from countless others who have signed them.

Ryback v Goldberg won't work, the style is too similar and it would become a bore fest because of it. Goldberg is suited to the style of someone like Cena but thats the predictable route.

Was Goldberg under contract with the WWE when he was on their "The Rise and Fall of WCW" DVD? I don't think he was, but I don't know for sure.

A Goldberg DVD would be great, even though I think there was one made by WCW in the late 1990s (at least a VHS, or whatever). I never saw the WCW Goldberg tape, but I imagine it was entertaining. If WWE is making a new Goldberg DVD, I'd give it a watch. I was a fan of his, at least during the time of his streak on Nitro.

As far as a return to the ring, I dunno about that. I doubt it would be anything phenomenal at this point in Bill Goldberg's career, but who knows? Goldberg probably wouldn't want to job to anyone (just like he used to, when he was in his prime), so we'd see something similar to what Ryback is currently doing now (short squash matches).

What would be the ultimate payoff for Goldberg if he returned to the ring? Would he go through a bunch of jobbers (like he did in WCW), then have one big PPV match before leaving the company? ...or would he immediately be thrown into big marquis matches (à la Brock Lesnar's most recent run)? If the latter is the case, who's on the WWE's current roster for him to feud with? The ones that come to mind are John Cena (the route that almost EVERY returning superstar feuds with upon their redebut), CM Punk, Randy Orton and The Undertaker. If I left a big name out, I apologize. I dunno, none of those feuds really excite me personally, I'd prefer it if Goldberg just inks a Legends Contract for the sole purpose of appearing on a DVD. That's just me, though.

If Goldberg comes back and if he wrestles I reckon it will be the same kind of thing like Lesnar - so who will he wrestle has to be Undertaker, Cena And Lesnar ...... but what we would really like to see is Austin

Legends contract doesn't really mean any form of in ring action, it'll free him up for DVDs and games etc much like we have seen from countless others who have signed them.
This...

Probably just some DVD and sporadic apperances on RAW somethimes without any ring action and thats it. If its gona be some ring action I vote for any big name superstar(Orton, Punk, Cena etc.) than any squash match or Ryback.

I really don't see why people are saying Ryback VS Goldberg? Goldberg would destroy Ryback. Ryback is not even close to Goldberg. Period. He will never be another Goldberg, just a wannabe. Next you'll be saying Goldberg should fight TNA's Crimson? If Goldberg were to return for a match Lesnar is an obvious choice.

Other candidates could be:

John Cena (Superman Cena VS Goldberg? Sounds pretty good)

The Rock (Good history between these two, love to see another match)

The Undertaker (Could Goldberg be the one to end the streak? No. But would be a good high-drawing match)

Stone Cold (Doubt this, because Austin even said if he wrestles again, he wants to face CM Punk)

CM Punk (Unlikely, just can't see Punk even coming close to beating Goldberg)

The match would end up happening at WM 29 if it ever did. So your idea is to put these two back in the ring together, in the same event, and in the same exact area, where they were booed out of the building and put on one of the worst matches of all time?

Interesting. I disagree with that one. He should not get in the ring at all with anyone anymore. Keep the youth movement up.

As I have mentioned many times on these forums, I never cared for Goldberg or the streak. Needless to say, should he sign a Legends deal with the E, I wouldn't want him to face anybody, especially if it's a Ryback... er, Goldberg squash and/or is against Brock Lesnar. That match was horrible enough the first time- don't do it again.

A legends deal does not mean he's wrestling. All it means is that they'll have him under contract to do a Goldberg DVD. He might very well do a cameo here and there, and maybe a WWE movie. The ONLY reason I would like to see Goldberg in a match in the E would be in hopes that as he comes out the crowd starts a Ryback chant.

At least it would be easy to build Goldberg vs Taker at WM. They can play up that Goldberg knows better than anyone about streaks. I personally was never a fan of his and never was very entertained by his matches but he was the biggest name in wrestling for a decent span of time and beat a ton of the biggest names of our generation. I doubt that would be a match Taker would want though because of Goldbergs style and the threat that he may actually be injured during the match (a la Bret Hart). I really don't want to see him have anything to do with Ryback. I feel like Ryback is and always will be small time. No sense wasting one of the 5 biggest comebacks available right now on a low to mid card talent.

It is not really hard to pick opponents for Goldberg if he wants to wrestle again.

First choice will be obviously John Cena, I can already imagine the crowd reaction for this match, fans will mostly be with Goldberg to win. As a match it won't be good, but it will have a huge drawing power and the storylines leading to it will be awesome. Fans will be curious to see who comes out as the winner.

Second opponent choice will be The Undertaker, if it's at WM, then Taker will win obviously, but it will still be an interesting battle.

Even if Goldberg returns for just huge money matches like Rock and Lesnar, he probably won't do many matches, but if he wants to do more then Goldberg vs CM Punk and Goldberg vs The Miz will be fun and will be my 3rd and 4th picks.

WWE makes so much money, they should really try to get guys like Goldberg, Sting, Kurt Angle and Hogan for a few more matches.

Really out of the dark, but if someday Batista returns, maybe we can get to see Batista vs Goldberg (on a bigger level) and Brock Lesnar vs Batista.

People still care what Goldberg is doing?

If you really need to bring Goldberg back then just do it for the DVD. He doesn't need to wrestle another match because he's way past any point of relevance to the current audience. I doubt any of the targeted viewers would have any clue who the hell Goldberg is and why they should care about him. The guy hasn't been mentioned on WWE for years, he's matches suck and they already have legends that can actually add something to the product.

Make him a DVD so his fans from WCW will be happy but don't have him wrestle.

Finally! A Goldberg Thread!

Let's get right to it then.

I'm glad that Goldberg is close to re-signing with the WWE, despite the possibility for the new superstars stepping down. I've been a Goldberg Fan since hearing of his legendary 173-0 Streak in WCW to seeing his debut in the WWE to watching him win the World Heavyweight Championship in 2003. It's about time Goldberg returned to the WWE, especially given his measly 1-year stay in the company. Screw Ryback, I'd rather see The Original Goldberg reintroduce his own undefeated streak. And no Goldberg vs. Ryback please. Should they have a match however, Goldberg needs to end Ryback's streak as the latter is just not hacking it.

For potential opponents, I'm one of the minority here when I say that I'd like to see Goldberg take on Brock Lesnar again. Goldberg said it himself, he wants to face Lesnar again because their WrestleMania XX Dream Match was a bust. In all fairness to both men, the main reason why people hated their match was because they simultaneously intended to leave the company.

For other opponents, I'd like to see Goldberg take on WWE Champion CM Punk (even though Punk can't lift him :p), World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus (a Who's-a-Better-WHC Scenario would be nice to see), John Cena (The Face of WWE vs. The Face of WCW, 'nuff said) and Stone Cold Steve Austin (but we all know that The Texas Rattlesnake wants Punk, should he wrestle one more match).

Let Goldberg squash some jobbers to sell a few DVDs and T-shirts, then use him to put over Del Rio or Ziggler on PPV.

What makes you think Goldberg will be defeated by Del Rio or Ziggler? Have you not seen Goldberg's build? Be realistic. Goldberg WILL destroy either of them, especially Ziggler and his skinny-fat a**.

:twocents:

Goldberg's NOT coming back to wrestle, marks. He has nothing left to prove. He has tons of old WCW money, and Goldberg doesn't put anyone over. Period.

Goldberg is signing this deal to make royalties off of his name and the DVD that will be soon to follow. NO feud makes sense at all, and any dream match that we would want to see would end up being really bad.

And for those who think he'd come out and feud with Ryback are delusional. It won't happen, unless they want to bury Ryback by having the real Goldberg come out and squash him like a bug. Which would be more possible than him wrestling even part time.

It'll be a Legends deal and that's that. Maybe an occasional appearance to keep things unsettled, but Goldberg doesn't want to wrestle anymore.

I'll be happy to see Goldberg sign a legends deal, and see him every now and again. As far as a in-ring return, WWE or He, doesn't need it. But a short suprise appearance in the Rumble wouldn't go astray....spear a couple of jobbers, then get knocked over the top rope by one of the top heels....I really enhoyed the returns of Nash, Booker, and Road Dog, the the Rumbles, the last few years

If they used Goldberg right it could be very interesting, that's IF they had him wrestle anybody. I'm pretty sure that it's all pretty much about the DVD, which is a shame because I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg come in and Wrestle every so often. Maybe a feud with Orton, or Punk even? Personally, if he ever did wrestle again, I would love to see him challenge the streak. Goldberg vs Cena doesn't sound like it would be good honestly...

I'm just dreaming though. I don't see Goldberg Wrestling again. If he did, okay cool, but if not that's alright too. He gave us a run to go out on at least.

I think a rumble spot would be good for him, give him a 15-20 entry right as its starting to get boring, and let everyone mark out for 10 min. Let someone who needs over put him out then they can have a short fued for 3 weeks and squash at elim. chamber then let him go off to whereever till the dvd and HoF

For potential opponents, I'm one of the minority here when I say that I'd like to see Goldberg take on Brock Lesnar again. Goldberg said it himself, he wants to face Lesnar again because their WrestleMania XX Dream Match was a bust. In all fairness to both men, the main reason why people hated their match was because they simultaneously intended to leave the company.

That's sort of roundabout the reason people hated their match.

It wasn't because both men intended to leave the company, it's because the match sucked. Now, the match sucked because there was no passion from either men, just two guys who wanted to not exert any effort or take any chances on their way out the door.

So people hated the match because it was bad, but it was bad because, since they intended to leave the company, both men phoned it in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back