Rumor: Goldberg To Return to WWE?

I believe that the Big Bill Goldberg will be back. may be help Roman Reigns against Triple H.
Brock vs Goldberg .. naa I would not like to see it again. But Goldberg vs HHH is the real deal. Let hhh fight Roman and there comes out Goldberg. Roman spears someone say sheamus and Goldberg spears Hunter. This sets up HHH vs Goldberg for WM.

I would love to see him back, easily one of the biggest Goldberg fans on the board. A final match destroying HHH would be beautiful.

I always wanted to see Goldberg vs. Ryback since they're so similar.

Of course that would depend on Goldberg still being able to go. It has been 12 years since his last match.

Regardless it would be a pretty big rub for Ryback and make him an upper mid-carder and believable main eventer.

Of course that would depend on Goldberg still being able to go. It has been 12 years since his last match.

Regardless it would be a pretty big rub for Ryback and make him at least important. He seems to be floating around at the moment.

There's no way Goldberg would return to work a match with Ryback. Considering he has been out the ring for x amount of years you'd want him going against someone that will be able to carry the match.

There's no way Goldberg would return to work a match with Ryback. Considering he has been out the ring for x amount of years you'd want him going against someone that will be able to carry the match.

Well yea I doubt it would ever happen. It's just a theory and something I would like to see.

Do you have any ideas on who would be a better opponent? I honestly can't think of anyone. (I'm not implying Ryback is the best option, he's not even on the radar)

But they're really not that similar. Goldberg would DWARF Ryback - he was bigger than Brock back in the day. Goldberg was also far more explosive in the ring. And to top it off, there is no way one of the biggest stars of all time would come back to fight a midcarder under any circumstance, least not because they both have muscles and are bald.

I don't think Goldberg ever mentioned money as far as a reason to return to WWE but that he didn't enjoy his time there. He's not hurting for money with what he made from WCW and his other projects but even if Vince offers him a truckload I don't see him laying down for anyone. The only match I see for Goldberg is against Cena as he would do the job but HHH isn't laying down for a part timer. He wouldn't take the fall in what was suppose to be Stings only match so he's not for Goldberg. Is Bill even in ring shape or carry the size he was known for? Goldberg was always 100% about business, not about the history of the sport or cared about the hierarchy among the wrestlers. Maybe have him beat the shit out of the Rock so he can permanently go back to his movie career.

But they're really not that similar. Goldberg would DWARF Ryback - he was bigger than Brock back in the day. Goldberg was also far more explosive in the ring. And to top it off, there is no way one of the biggest stars of all time would come back to fight a midcarder under any circumstance, least not because they both have muscles and are bald.

Oh it's not going to happen. It shouldn't and won't for obvious reasons. It's just something I'd like to see.

If WWE do Reigns VS HHH at Fastlane, maybe have Goldberg return than and help out Reigns by spearing HHH? But as stated above, its just that will HHH lay down for a part timer? For whats best for buisness and with a load of unavailable superstars, he should.

If creative do a HHH/Goldberg angle, it probably means Reigns/Lesnar II with maybe a clean Lesnar win? Have Rock ringside but not involved in the finish.

Keep The Rock far away from Reigns, that backfired last time they used The Rock as voice of reason.

It's true that Bill is the last possible guy they can bring back who will draw on curiosity, as Austin is clearly out of the running... whether they should is debateable when they have Kurt, Matt and Jeff and the like they can bring in.

If it's a one match scenario, Kurt probably offers more "bang for the buck" if it's coupled with a HOF induction. They can put him against Bryan in a "career ending match", if Bryan is to retire then there is little shame in it being against Kurt or vice versa.. The match can then be less bump based and more technical to cover both guy's problems.

Matt and Jeff, bring Matt back, have him win the title and Jeff returns to challenge him - immediate bigger impact than Bill.

Bill's first run was like Scott Steiner coming back in 02/03... you wanted to see what they do with him, how he stands up to the scrutiny and if he can really do anything of note there...Bill got a lot more favourable decisions than Steiner but the outcome was largely the same, the fans just didn't care enough. If they couldn't get behind Batista then it's highly unlikely they will for Bill.

The only way it makes sense is to bring him in as the heel, have Heyman turn on Brock and have them go at it one more time (and really go for it) Bill probably isn't up for that - it'd be a Warrior run from 96... run through some guys for a lot of money and he'd want "control".

Worrying thing is this is exactly how WCW started to go down the shitter - bringing in someone and giving them that control. Batista would make sense, he's a big movie star now... Jericho makes sense... Rock and Sting make sense and an argument could be made for Kurt and Jeff to have those schedules and they not detract...but neither would need control... Bill won't show up without it... and that to me is the biggest reason they should avoid this like the plauge... take the chance on this new Matt vs Jeff or even bring Punk back first.

It's true that Bill is the last possible guy they can bring back who will draw on curiosity, as Austin is clearly out of the running... whether they should is debateable when they have Kurt, Matt and Jeff and the like they can bring in.

If it's a one match scenario, Kurt probably offers more "bang for the buck" if it's coupled with a HOF induction. They can put him against Bryan in a "career ending match", if Bryan is to retire then there is little shame in it being against Kurt or vice versa.. The match can then be less bump based and more technical to cover both guy's problems.

Matt and Jeff, bring Matt back, have him win the title and Jeff returns to challenge him - immediate bigger impact than Bill.

Bill's first run was like Scott Steiner coming back in 02/03... you wanted to see what they do with him, how he stands up to the scrutiny and if he can really do anything of note there...Bill got a lot more favourable decisions than Steiner but the outcome was largely the same, the fans just didn't care enough. If they couldn't get behind Batista then it's highly unlikely they will for Bill.

The only way it makes sense is to bring him in as the heel, have Heyman turn on Brock and have them go at it one more time (and really go for it) Bill probably isn't up for that - it'd be a Warrior run from 96... run through some guys for a lot of money and he'd want "control".

Worrying thing is this is exactly how WCW started to go down the shitter - bringing in someone and giving them that control. Batista would make sense, he's a big movie star now... Jericho makes sense... Rock and Sting make sense and an argument could be made for Kurt and Jeff to have those schedules and they not detract...but neither would need control... Bill won't show up without it... and that to me is the biggest reason they should avoid this like the plauge... take the chance on this new Matt vs Jeff or even bring Punk back first.

Bring Matt in and win what title? Which world is this going to happen in? I never saw Matt as a draw in his WWE tenure nor do I think he has reached it as he has gotten close to 40. I could see a IC run but no means do I see him in the main event, I don't even see Jeff holding that role.

Given how WWE has treated WCW stars over the years(DDP, Booker T, Sting) I don't blame him for wanting more control of his character. That would avoid situations like last WM where Triple H goes over someone like Sting whose career has been leaps and bounds better.

I have to ask what title would you give Matt Hardy? He wouldn't be fighting for the WHC. You have Reigns, Lesnar, Cena and others who would put people in the seats more than Matt Hardy would. Not even Jeff Hardy could lure the amount of people that would fill this stadium.

Now the Hardy's coming back as a tag team to go against New Day or the Uso's would be a crowd pleaser, but keep them out of singles action. Even if Goldberg did come back, it would only be for this event. I can't see him sticking around. So he would know coming in what is expected of him. He would be fighting his last WWE match on the biggest stage of them all, that's all the control he would need to have.

You know what really grinds my gears?

The fact that as I'm reading the replies to this post, the major argument against a Goldberg return involves Goldberg being:

a) overrated/limited moveset
b) him being money hungry and not caring about the business

Yet the majority of these poster's are Lesnar fan-boys...go figure...

May I remind you that Lesnar (despite being a genuine badass due to his stint in MMA ) exhibits all the same traits but hasn't received the nearly the same amount of blowback as big bill and, dare I say, someone like Roman Reigns

Lesnar's moveset, despite being believable has only consisted of the same 5 moves since getting back into the squared circle. Not to mention his fare share of squash matches as well.

Furthermore Lesnar on several occasions and even in WWE produced promos has gone out of his way to say he is there only for the money. Why didnt he cop the same flack as what a rumoured Golberg return gets?

Hell, he was going to go back to MMA unless WWE payed him an ass-ton of money after wrestlemania last year.

Finally as for the argument that the last GB v BL match being a trainwreck, please remember it takes two to tango. Bitch all you want that Goldberg didn't perform well but neither did Lesnar. Face it, as soon as it became known that they were both going to leave WWE after their WM match, the crowd was going to shit all over them. Why should they put on an awesome show if they are getting boo'd out of the stadium.

Whether there is any merit to this rumour or not, I for one would love to see Goldberg back in a WWE ring. Even if it is just for a massive payday.

People have to remember that wrestling is a business whether or not the IWC want to admit it. If you were once one of the highest drawing stars in professional wrestling despite your perceived shortfalls you have the right to negotiate to terms that suit you if there is a proposed business opportunity. Maybe the stars align and you'll get what your asking or maybe not but hey there's no harm in trying.

In other words...stop hating and see how things pan out before you get on your soapboxes

I'll play devil's advocate... I'm kind of bored anyway.

You know what really grinds my gears?

The fact that as I'm reading the replies to this post, the major argument against a Goldberg return involves Goldberg being:

a) overrated/limited moveset

Well, he did have a very limited moveset. He was good with his feet (although he nearly killed Bret Hart with a kick) and he threw out the odd power move here and there. He also mixed in some basic submissions, but other than that it was really- Spear, Jackhammer.

b) him being money hungry and not caring about the business

He admits this himself. The difference is he wants a fat pay-day for one days work. Lesnar, at the end of his contract, will have been in the WWE for 6 years since his return in 2012.

Yet the majority of these poster's are Lesnar fan-boys...go figure...

Lesnar's moveset, despite being believable has only consisted of the same 5 moves since getting back into the squared circle. Not to mention his fare share of squash matches as well.

Yes, but we know Lesnar can wrestle, and not just wrestle, but out wrestle most everyone on the roster as he has shown in the past. He's also had some fantastic matches this year. The Triple Threat match at the Rumble and his match with Reigns at Mania are two match of the year candidates. Would we like to see him go out there every time and put on great half hour matches? Of course. WWE won't let him do that though. So the difference? Lesnar has proven he's a superior wrestler. Goldberg hasn't.

Furthermore Lesnar on several occasions and even in WWE produced promos has gone out of his way to say he is there only for the money. Why didnt he cop the same flack as what a rumoured Golberg return gets?

He does. There are lots of people that resent that fact that Lesnar makes a butt-load of cash for doing nothing. But he has earned it. When he left WWE, he went out and became a mainstream superstar in the UFC, thus turning himself into a mega-star on the same level as The Rock. What the heck has Goldberg done to warrant a pay-day on the level of Brock Lesnar?

Hell, he was going to go back to MMA unless WWE payed him an ass-ton of money after wrestlemania last year.

As was his right.

Finally as for the argument that the last GB v BL match being a trainwreck, please remember it takes two to tango. Bitch all you want that Goldberg didn't perform well but neither did Lesnar. Face it, as soon as it became known that they were both going to leave WWE after their WM match, the crowd was going to shit all over them. Why should they put on an awesome show if they are getting boo'd out of the stadium.

I don't think anyone blamed Goldberg for how shit that match was. Just pointed out that it was indeed, shit.

Whether there is any merit to this rumour or not, I for one would love to see Goldberg back in a WWE ring. Even if it is just for a massive payday.

As would I. I think it would be sweet to see Goldberg in the ring one more time.

People have to remember that wrestling is a business whether or not the IWC want to admit it. If you were once one of the highest drawing stars in professional wrestling despite your perceived shortfalls you have the right to negotiate to terms that suit you if there is a proposed business opportunity. Maybe the stars align and you'll get what your asking or maybe not but hey there's no harm in trying.

Yes he does have that right. However there is the small issue of Goldberg thinking he's worth much more than he actually is. If you listen to him, he still thinks it's 1998.

I agree with Leb_Hustla. I think a lot of what comes into question with Goldberg is his drawing ability and if he's relevant today. Goldberg's impact and dominance won't be forgot. He's going to be remembered from the time his music hits. YouTube, WWE Network has kept him relevant with his footage being available to view. Goldberg - if money hungry as he's being portrayed has managed to stay away from the business and protect his character from WWE embarrassment.

Goldberg is one of my all time favs (amongst Rock, Hogan, Bret, DDP..). People don't understand the business or even the entertainment side of wrestling. Not everyone needs to be a great mat wrestler. Sometimes we just like to see larger than life characters...like the Ultimate Warrior who was cut from the same cloth.

With that said, I wouldn't want to see Goldberg return unless he did a serious bulking cycle. The dude has lost so much muscle mass and his character is really contingent on his power. I couldn't believe the Goldberg character in a Cody Rhodes type body (or worse)... for those who think guys still don't juice...well at least part timers...go look at Brock when he returned in 2012 fresh off UFC testing, and look at him now lol. Dude is juicing his ass off...Goldberg needs the same..like without it, he'd be a joke.

If he's willing to stick some needles in his butt then great lets do it, if not, please don't ruin our childhood image of you...please god don't Bill, just stay away and let us watch you on the Network. Wish he would've done this 5 years ago when I first heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back