• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Going out of the country...advice?

goodlay

Hogan Matters!
So im going to Germany for two weeks on Wednesday, and im pretty pumped because I have never been out of the country before. So I won't be on the forums much if at all, and I'll get really behind on my wrestling which will suck, but I'll get caught up when I get back.

But mainly this thread is for those who are experienced with traveling/going out of the country. Do you guys have any helpful tips when traveling? Or for those that have been to Germany, any tips for what I should definitely do while im there?

Say you're Canadian. My cousin went to Europe and mentioned that he was American and literally was mugged less than a minute later.

GermanGirl.jpg

Have fun.

You're going to Germany. They don't hate us as much as, say France or any other country in the European/Asian landmass.

But still, go with what KB said. Say you're Canadian. And don't be hassled about money. This is a once in the lifetime opportunity. Go balls to the wall or don't go at all.

Set a travel strategy on your credit and debit cards so they don't get blocked when you try to use them. Trust me since I have been working at wells I see it happen all the time.

Do what I try every time I go anywhere. All or nothing, run a muck.

- Keep your wallet in your pocket rather than bag.
- Don't familiarize with the locals, they could be con artists conning a tourist.
- Always know where you are.
- Watch your drinks at all time in pubs/clubs, seriously do you want a roofie?

Germany is great fun for a visit- I have always had a great time when I have visited there and never robbed once ;) It gets quite hot this time of year though- but the big gardens in the centre of Munich are really nice to relax in and go into the beer gardens in the middle too. Watch out for trying to go out in Munich though- the city centre closes about 11- all the late opening places are on the edge of the city.

I'd definitely spend some time in Munich. Nice city and make sure to see the Rathaus-Glockenspiel in Marienplatz. It may not be spectacular to a modern audience but the fact that it is over 100 years old is.

You should also definitely go to Oberammergau near Garmisch-Parkenkirchen to see the Passion Play, something that only takes place every ten years and while you are down there, get on the cog railway and visit the top of the glacier of the Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain, which if right on the Austrian border

Go to any of the beer gardens. German beer is fantastic. Also keep an eye on your passport or hide it. The last time my mother went to Germany she had her work clothes stolen (she's the sales manager for Beyer (that's the aspirin company)).

At least try to speak some German. As has already been mentioned, Bavarian German is a considerably different dialect to northern German or Austrian German, but there is nothing like not even trying to speak the local language that screams "ignorant foreigner."

Go to the becks brewery in bremen, we went there when my football team played there in 2008.You pay 15 euro for the tour and sample as much beer as you like.Although that price may be significantly higher after me and my mates took advantage of that deal.

There's pretty much nothing wrong with Western Europe. You could sleep on the side of the road and you'd be left alone. If you want trouble, then you have to look for it, and aggressively so. Now, don't get me wrong; there probably are some dangerous places in Germany, but I seriously doubt that you'll be visiting those areas as a tourist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back