• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Give Them Time?....

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
I just want to get this off my chest. Guys in wwe who in my opinion deserved better that just lost almost every match and was later released for drugs or anything else and wasn’t given TIME. I can name a few who wasn’t given time to try to get over but they repetitively gave others who bored us time to try but failed to get over. I’m serious about this everyone. I don’t see why they give someone time who isn’t getting over AT ALL a third chance to get over either as a face or heel. I’m going to explain the ones who don’t deserve a chance any longer to get over but wwe fails to realize they WONT get over. Then I want you explain to me who I got right and who I got wrong.

1. Alberto Del Rio- I know they’ve tried and tried again and again to try to get him over face or heel but really its time they stop. He got over just a little in his face turn. But his heel turn number one was horrible. The only time he meant anything around that time was his match against edge. His heel turn number two at Payback got him over as a complete boring. I know its going to take time, But the only thing so far that made him mean anything once again is that match against Chris Jericho.

2. The Miz- I’m a fan but he isn’t the same as a face as when he was heel. It sucks because I see he could do better but he seems like he’s boring to himself. Like ever since he turned face its like he doesn’t care because he knows he’s not over. I might be wrong in some eyes but I feel like he tried as a heel. As a face he isn’t over. He isn't happy.

3. Brodus Clay and Sweet T- You know why. I don’t have to explain.

The guy that I see as the worst out of these three is Del Rio. He has tried both and yes Miz got over as a heel. Not as a face, but Del Rio simply isn’t getting over either way and wwe needs to know that week end and week out fans are going to boo him not because of his actions or what he says. Its because they could careless if he’s on TV, he’s not over and that what he’s doing now is the same thing he did the first time around. Now I’m going to name three guys who deserves better and you have to explain which one I’m wrong and right about.

1. Cody Rhodes- Every gimmick he’s used was good. He isn’t getting over if wwe is going to let him get pinned by Sheamus every match he’s against him. There dropping the ball because they don’t know how to use Rhodes other then tag team matches or intercontinental matches.

2. Kofi Kingston- Again I’m a fan but its getting boring to see the same Kofi come down the aisle and smile. He isn’t over as a face. I want to see the feud against Randy Orton come out of him. The anger, the frustration, the I’m done being your mid card guy and I want the main event picture. The guy who is done being tag team champions and intercontinental or united states champion.

3. Dolph Ziggler- To soon to drop the World Heavyweight Champion. I don’t get why they are going to give Del Rio the belt. Dumb decision. Its sad because Ziggler is one of the best wrestlers in the business just like Cmpunk and Bryan. Antonio Cesaro is given a chance to fix everything being with Colter so hopefully it works because of wwe drops the ball and loses a guy who can wrestle like Ziggler, Cmpunk, and Bryan then we know Vince needs to leave and give it to Triple H before wwe goes down. Time and time again there losing good talent. Its becoming very sad.

First of all, you can't necessarily just tell everyone they're fired if they aren't doing well as a face or a heel, that's why we have contracts. A lot of the guys you listed are still very young and have plenty of room to grow as WWE competitors.

Having said that, I certainly agree with you on Kofi Kingston, and I love Kofi. I love to watch Kofi. He's one of the most athletically-gifted superstars the WWE has to offer, but not everyone can be the WWE champion. I do agree with you that he needs something to update his character, and him being off TV with an injury right now can't hurt him. Maybe they can help him spruce up his character upon his return.

I think you might be confused about what makes someone over. If you are a heel and you get booed, that would classify you as being over. If no one cared they wouldn't react at all. Turning Del Rio heel last week was the best decision they could've made because, you're right, Del Rio wasn't getting over as a babyface. Ziggler slowly but surely is getting more and more cheers so it makes sense to slowly turn him babyface. Having Del Rio attack someone the crowd likes is a surefire way to gain him some heat, and it's working. Having said that, I don't think it was too soon for them to take the title from Ziggler, because it'll be much more entertaining for us to watch him chase and eventually beat Del Rio for it, if for no other reason than we think Del Rio sucks.

Brodus and Tensai are another good choice, but I don't think that the WWE doesn't care about either of these guys. Tensai's paycheck alone would tell us that. The fact is that little kids love this gimmick. I preferred Brodus when he was Alberto Del Rio's protoge and was a monster but these two will sell lots of t-shirts and toys for a little while longer, and that's what WWE wants.

Cody still has tons and tons of time (barring injuries) to get over with the crowd. I would even say that he is over with the crowd. He's only 27. Some would argue that they made the mistake of pulling the trigger too early on Randy Orton all those years ago, and now he has plateaued. They shouldn't do the same with Cody. All it will take for Cody is a few wins in the right places, and he'll be as over as he wants to be. I'd much rather wait and him be more successful over the long run.

I don't particularly care for The Miz myself, but I wouldn't say he isn't over. I think younger fans are starting to enjoy him as a face. The problem with The Miz is that one day he just showed up on RAW and was like, "hey everybody, I'm a good guy now," and yes that was WWE creative's problem. It was almost confusing. So it's taken longer for people to come around to The Miz. It doesn't help that he's come and gone to film movies and TV shows or whatever. Creative was smart by throwing Ric Flair with him, much to my dismay, but then Reid Flair passed away and Ric was having health issues, so he's been off of TV since, unable to help Miz get over quicker.

I disagree with you that they're not using Miz the way they should be, he should be in the upper-mid card right where he is. The only reason he got a WWE title run was because at the time, there really weren't many better options except C.M. Punk and WWE quickly rectified that situation (with Punk's help). Let's also not forget we're talking about a guy who came from reality TV to become a pro. wrestler. He's come leaps and bounds from where he started, but I still don't think he's that great of a wrestler to be on top.

From all the ppl in OP post I just see Ziggler, Miz and Rhodes as potentials. Ziggler has potential but needs more time and investments if they want him that over. Miz was over as heel but his in ring work is limited. His mic work is one of the best in WWE but doesnt change the fact that he is not very believable in ring. For midcard yes, for anything bigger no. Needs very long time to do it especially because he jobbed on weekly basis after his reign. Rhodes as well, I thought he was going somewhere with that IC reign but now hes nowhere. Like they lost faith in him for some reason...

Others have limitiation. Del Rio couldn't get over with one of most easiest heel gimicks(rich guy), Brodus is just another big guy, and Kofi is in-ring good but feel that he doesnt have that IT factor. Good for midcard but thats it...

When it comes to Alberto Del Rio, in my opinion, his current run as WHC should be his last as a main event champion. When he initially came to WWE, the guy was great, in my opinion. However, after a while, it became pretty evident that mic work wasn't his strongest suit, especially since so many of his promos sound damn near identical whether he's a face or a heel. The guy's great inside the ring and often delivers very entertaining matches. However, when it's all said and done, Del Rio is someone who simply hasn't gotten over to nearly the degree that I believe WWE would want for someone in his current spot, at least when it comes to non-Hispanic fans. So, as I said, I think this should be Del Rio's last run as a main event champion. This makes his 4th World Championship run in WWE and he's just not a top tier level guy.

As far as The Miz goes, I think Miz's days of being a main eventer are, for the most part, behind him. With Triple H gaining more and more power in WWE, and eventually running the whole thing altogether, I think Miz will mostly be someone who makes an occasional leap into the main event picture but probably won't be World or WWE Champion again anytime soon. I'm not all that wild about Miz as a babyface because, frankly, he's still an unlikeable guy. As a heel, he was a smarmy, sarcastic, cocky little prick and he's still very much that way as a babyface. That being said, Miz is someone that I believe has gotten a very unfair shake when it comes to internet fans. To hear the haters, you'd think Miz has no business at all being a pro wrestler and that's simply just not how it is. He's much better in the ring or on the mic than a lot of the IWC gives him credit for.

When it comes to Tons of Funk, I generally see them as being how they've been portrayed thus far: primarily comedic babyfaces that are out there to give people a chuckle while usually putting over more serious tag teams. With teams like Team Hell No & The Shield as champs, a new level has been set for the titles that we haven't seen in a VERY long time and guys like Tons of Funk as champs would have to be looked at as a major step backward for the titles and the tag team division as a whole. Both Clay & Tensai have gone as far as they're going with their current characters, though I do think they have some real potential if they were turned into a monster tag team at some point. Otherwise, they'll continue to be used as they currently are that's probably for the best.

When it comes to Cody Rhodes, I think that WWE is ultimately wanting to hold off on consistently pushing him hard for the time being. In three days time, Rhodes will only be 28 years old and July 2 will mark, if I'm not mistaken, the 7th anniversary of Rhodes' debut in WWE. A lot of people have been wanting to see Rhodes pushed hard for the past several years, which is understandable in my opinion. However, if WWE had done that, then I think they would have ultimately wound up having the same issue with Rhodes as they have with Randy Orton. Orton had done everything in WWE that there was to do, for all intents & purposes, multiple times by the time he was 30. As a result, there are no real mountains left for him to climb and I think WWE has tried to avoid that happening with Rhodes. He's a 4 time tag team & 2 time IC champ, he's got the in-ring ability and he's demonstrated the ability to give really good promos. Barring serious injury, I think that Rhodes will eventually be catapulted into the main event scene.

Kofi Kingston, in my opinion, is someone who does need a character change. Being written off television to undergo surgery, though having Ryback as the one who put him out, is a perfect opportunity to bring Kofi Kingston back with a new character and attitude. In my opinion, there's tons of untapped potential in Kofi and we see glimpses of it every so often. His matches are almost always top notch and if he has a somewhat deeper character, as a heel or a face, that he can get fans behind, then he could be a major player. I think Kofi could do just that because he's a mid-card guy who has managed to be consistently over with fans for years.

When it comes to Dolph Ziggler, I can see why WWE ended his 2nd WHC run. The concussion he suffered definitely affected whatever plans they had in place for Ziggler. However, the concussion also presented an opportunity that WWE took advantage of. A babyface turn was planned for Ziggler at some point, so having Del Rio viciously assault him in the manner of a heel during their match while Ziggler bravely carried on like a valiant babyface was something that fans didn't expect. They set Ziggler up perfectly to be a sympathetic babyface and I ultimately expect them to spend the next few months building him up as a babyface before putting the title back on him. I think they'll give the title to Ziggler at SummerSlam and he'll finally get that long, strong run with the title that a lot of fans were hoping he'd get before his concussion put him on the shelf.

I think youre right about the Miz. He's limited in the ring, got stale as a heel, and has never been close to over as a face. You're also somewhat right about Del Rio. As a face he just can't get over. Its tough to make a rich guy anything but a heel in wrestling. As for Sweet T, he couldn't get over then and he cant get over now. I do think your wrong about Brodus Clay. I had high hopes for him as a monster heel until the debuted him as the Funkasaurus.

You're spot on about Rhodes. He's got IT in my opinion and puts on good matches. He should be in the main event by now, either that or Rhode Scholars should have been pushed big time, they were entertaining. Unfortunately im starting to think you're wrong about Kofi. I think he is just to one dimensional. And I can't agree more on Ziggler. He needs to win and win some more. He's the Show off! Turning him babyface was a good move because hopefully he'll win more and get a bigger push.

hey, btw, what the fuck happened to cody rhodes? he had an amazing IC reign, a feud with randy orton, and then he lost it to big show and he started going downhill from there.. wwe seriously dropped the ball on cody rhodes. now they are burying him.. yes he is definitely getting buried and i am not just throwing this term around. he went from beating rey mysterio to random IC comedy shitty stuff. now he loses every single fucking match he is in. he looks like a clown, seriously.

your right about Del Rio! He's character is boring i hate him face and hell.
When he was face he would win all his matches which he didnt deserve and even made Big Show a joke! As a hell right now he is a jack ass hes boring i cant take him seriously he changed so fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back