• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

That One Guy You Just Can't Stand

Mark Henry by far.

Having been an epic fail for 14 years, I don't see Vince's need to push him at 2006. During The Attitude Era, he was involved in Mae Young Giving Birth To A Hand and was a lower mid-carder. Just so u know, three months before Wrestlemania 22, the opponents to face The Undertaker came down to Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, and the returning Mark Henry. Vince believed, the returning Mark Henry, billed as The World's Strongest Man, would be able to pull out a classic with The Undertaker and creating another big man main eventer after Batista, especially after such main event push. Because as we knew it, Vince has always been keen on pushing big man wrestlers mainly because of his obsession to eclipse his father's success of Andre The Giant. I have even heard that in backstage, before the match, Vince was so sure Undertaker could carry Mark Henry to a legendary match.

But it turned out that, after all the hype the fans didn't buy Henry as a threat at all. To make the matter even worse, Taker vs Henry at WM 22 flopped because Taker was unable to carry Henry throughout the match, mainly because of Henry's deadweight with no charisma and slow-paced work, thus creating another horrible match for The Streak, which is easily one of Taker's worst ever. The match is widely labeled as the worst casket match ever held. The only good thing from this disaster is Vince finally stopped giving The Undertaker mid-carder giants for him to face at Wrestlemania after 14 long years and five failures in 5 different Wrestlemanias (Giant Gonzales at WM 9, King Kong Bundy at WM 11, Big Boss Man at WM 15, A-Train at WM 19, and Mark Henry himself at WM 22), because after 14 long a** years he finally realized Taker couldn't pull out a classic with talentless giants.

That's why I said this is stupid. Because Vince had all the power in this world to book Taker vs Angle or Taker vs Benoit but preferred Taker vs Henry instead. What makes it worse is, the whole push was an epic fail. The crowd didn't give a damn about Mark Henry and later that year in an interview with Henry, he admitted that he didn't care about his Wrestlemania 22 push being successful or not because he was doing it only for money! Heck, even Undertaker vs JBL or Undertaker vs Booker T would have made a better match!

And the feud was reignited back at 2007, leading to one of the worst pay per view main events of all time at Unforgiven 2007.

Let's take a look back at The Undertaker's last ten Wrestlemania victims and compare Henry to them:

Triple H = A legend, still main eventing.
Ric Flair = A legend regardless the whole flotilla.
Big Show = Still main eventing.
Batista = Main eventer during his stay in WWE.
Randy Orton = Still main eventing.
A-Train = An epic fail for life just like Henry.
Edge = Still main eventer.
Shawn Michaels = A legend.
Mark Henry = The most glorified jobber in WWE.

Mark Henry = Epic Fail for life.

There are so many wrestlers that I have gone through stages of utter contempt for. But only two I have always, ALWAYS hated, and their appearance on my screen meant changing the channel.

The first is Jeff Jarrett. Everything about him just ground my gears. The look, the voice, the push, the catch phrase (Slap Nuts?) and of course, the finisher. I know The Miz is bringing it back, but the reverse/front Russian Legsweep is the finishing move equivalent of ECWs Zombie - just a poor, poor decision.

The second, a little from left field, is Glacier. When you are given the gimmick of being a bad ass like Sub Zero, then the least you can do is do more than Sweet Chin Music. Even a punch would be good. Then they tried to reinvent him, by giving him the Honky's Samoan Spike. Poor form.

Vickie Guerrero:
She's annoying. She plays he character damn good. I'll give her that, but she's SOOOOOOO annoying. "EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!". I scream back at the T.V "YOU'RE EXCUSED!!!!!!" all the time. I sound like an idiot, but I strongly dislike her.

Michael Cole:
The guy can't commentate. He ruins everything. During a DX vs Legacy....(I think) match, he completely gave away the Legacy (again, I'm not sure) was going to win. It used to be "vintage" now it's "and I quote".

Other than that, I don't strongly dislike anyone else.

Ive thought of another one: Rey Mysterio. I cant stand anything about him.

One of the worst problems I have with him is his refusal to put people over. Sure he just lost to Kane, but thats because Kan has worked much longer in the WWE and the fans wanted a run with Kane a hell of a lot more than Rey, plus he furthered a storyline, unlike Rey whom injured the Undertaker and just won the belt as a replacement. This man has flat out refused to lose to certain people in the past that needed to win against him to get ahead and for a while I thought he had made the "Shawn Michaels Pledge" of "I will never job", because he always won his matches.

You are forgetting That Mysterio lost CLEANLY to alberto del rio 2 weeks ago, he may not put people over all the time.....but he has his moments...

whenever this guy comes on I know right away either he will job or he will win against an oppenent who he shouldnt win against.

So I think you just described pretty much every wrestler ever.. Should Rey Mysterio beat anyone then by your theory? Or Big Show ever lose?

My pick goes to Mysterio. The "Ultimate Underdog" thing got old back in WCW. Yet here we are many many years later, and he's still winning matches, and HEAVYWEIGHT Titles. Every time he comes out, and is facing a huge guy (Show, Kane, JBL) I know he's most likely going to win, and they'll be saying "Oh my god! What a courageous young man he is! What an upset!" I hate it, hope he stays off TV for a while.

I only skimmed through these, so I'm not sure if I'm the first to bring up his name or not, but I'm sure I'll get killed for this one. I CAN NOT STAND Chris Jericho. Now, let me point out that I agree he is GREAT in the ring, but I fucking hate that Jagoff. Every time he picks up a Mic, I want to punch him in the fuckin' face. He is so arrogant, and uses his extensive vocabulary just to sound like a prick. I know it's his character to do so and to annoy some of the fans, and I must say, Bravo Chris, Bravo. You've managed to annoy me so bad that I'd rather stick screwdrivers in my fuckin ears than listen to you babble on with Webster's fucking Theasaraus. Fuckin' wrestling is the one shows/aspect of my life that I don't want to have to use my brain to enjoy. It's like that fuck Dennis Miller on MNF (Monday Night Football - for our nonsports fans). Every time that ******** was on tv you had to layout your damn encyclopedia set to understand his lame attempts at jokes. Dude, fucking Touchdown, Fumble, Interception, Field goal...how bout just sticking to the basics?

I still cant stand the miz.I dont understand why people are so exited about him and saying that he's the future of the WWE I know he's good on the mic. but he at best above average in the ring. And that Im awesome thing he does is a total rip off from the rock.

I can't stand Christopher Daniels, and, strangely, it has almost nothing to do with him. Most people in the IWC have this idea in the back of their head that he has to be a world champion asap and he is the greatest underrated man alive. Are these people friggin serious? The guy has tremendous wrestling ability, I'll give him that, but he has no look at all, zero charisma. He can't cut a promo to save his life and all I hear about him is hype, hype, hype. Another thing that bugs me is that he is 38, but somehow they keep pushing him as an underrated youngster and everyone was freaking out when he wrestled Val Venis, without giving any consideration to the fact that both guys are the same age. Every time he came on, I couldn't stand him, because I knew that there would be a ton of bitching and moaning and undeserved hype the next day on the internet. The whole vibe around him put a bad taste in my mouth and, to me, his ship has sailed a long time ago. I don't want to see him on tv, I don't want to hear about him and the injustices that surround him. Makes me sick.

P.S. World champion?!? The guy looks like a skinny, bald daterapist...

Savio Vega. Man I hate that fucking twat. Always wanted to punch him in his stupid face. No charisma either. So wish Mable had broken his face instead of The Undertakers. He, to me, is the Ben Affleck and Tim Westwood of the wrestling world!

I think it summed him up best when he replaced HBK at the original No Way Out and the fans responded, quite rightly, by giving him less reaction then they do to a divas match now...cunt

I gotta say there are some weird names I read, espeically Jericho and 2nd far Pope. Jericho enough said and Pope isn't original !! Every wrestler has something to faked and to bring the best you need to take something old and renew it into your own style cause there is nothing left to create!

The winner for my pick is the one and only and who holds a record off 450-25 but still the ultimate underdog Rey Mysterio. He got his WHC because of clicking with fans on Eddie (who was great). He sucks his moves are so repetetive and are never belivable cause He hits someone triple his size by jumping on his body and winning, and every time the other wrestler slips or gets dropkicked from rey, he's on the second rope, Lol rey vs Kane, kane went to rope nearly 5 or 6 times. I just can't stand this guy.
I admire Alberto Del Rio, you know why, Cause he beat Rey badly (even if scripted)

I gotta say there are some weird names I read, espeically Jericho and 2nd far Pope. Jericho enough said and Pope isn't original !! Every wrestler has something to faked and to bring the best you need to take something old and renew it into your own style cause there is nothing left to create!

The winner for my pick is the one and only and who holds a record off 450-25 but still the ultimate underdog Rey Mysterio. He got his WHC because of clicking with fans on Eddie (who was great). He sucks his moves are so repetetive and are never belivable cause He hits someone triple his size by jumping on his body and winning, and every time the other wrestler slips or gets dropkicked from rey, he's on the second rope, Lol rey vs Kane, kane went to rope nearly 5 or 6 times. I just can't stand this guy.
I admire Alberto Del Rio, you know why, Cause he beat Rey badly (even if scripted)

Im goint to add another one to the list. Randy Orton.

I have disliked Orton ever since he stepped foot into WWE. I have never liked his characters and no matter whom they put him against I have never been able to get behind him in a face run. I hated HHH durring his big heel run with Evolution,(He was a GREAT heel) but when they put him against Orton, I cheered for HHH.

Today its at its worst. WWE feels hell bent to push him exactly the same way they did Austin and hes nothing more than a poor mans Austin as best. I honestly can not see the appeal with this guy. Hes not good in the least.

For me its definitely has to be the Miz. I just flat out hate this guy. I cant stand him. The only thing I think he really has going for him is his promo cutting skills , Which i'll admit he has skill in that area. But theres just something about him I just cant stand. Every time I hear his Music I usually flip the channel. I realize i'll get mass heat by my post but god shakes im sticking by it. He fucking sucks. Worst catchphrase EVER!

I know wwe has marked him as the next breakout guy and im dreading the day when he captures the world title. I just might actually stop watching for awhile when that happens..Thats how much I just dont like him. Im sorry but im not jumping on the miz is awesome bandwagon because I really dont think he is. Suck it!

I couldn't have said it any better myself... There is absolutely NO appeal in this guy!!! Could you imagine if this jackass was around in Piper's day??? The Miz is such a "pretty boy" that I believe he would have gotten his ass kicked day in and day out when prowrestling was territory based... And what really gets me is that the Miz deserves a push when guys like Matt Hardy and Christian have been busting their ass for years??? What a joke!!!

What is with all the hate for Mr. Anderson??? This guy was easily one of my favorite stars in the WWE when he was Mr. Kennedy... He is still every bit as entertaining as he was when he was in the WWE... The funny thing is that I NEVER heard anybody talk bad about Mr. Kennedy on these blogging websites during his WWE run... If you remember correctly, he was suppose to be Mr. McMahon's illegitimate son, but because he got injured (or something) they went with Hornswoggle... Kennedy was going to get the biggest push of any superstar in the WWE at that time, but he got injured and we all know what happend after that with him and Orton...Maybe the people who don't like him now just don't like him because he is in TNA or because he is not in the WWE anymore... Because when you leave the WWE, then you are not a legitimate pro wrestler anymore... According to some of the morons on here anyway...

I couldn't have said it any better myself... There is absolutely NO appeal in this guy!!! Could you imagine if this jackass was around in Piper's day??? The Miz is such a "pretty boy" that I believe he would have gotten his ass kicked day in and day out when prowrestling was territory based... And what really gets me is that the Miz deserves a push when guys like Matt Hardy and Christian have been busting their ass for years??? What a joke!!!

Wow, another Matt Hardy mark.. Well, this is due to how sick I am of hearing shit about how "Hardy deserves it". FUCK MATT HARDY. Goldust deserves a world title more. Mark Henry deserves it more. Yeah, I said it, so what. Miz is where he is due to his work in, and out of the ring. Yes he may not be a great technical wrestler, but look how BOTH the hardy boys were at that point in their career. Can you say where they were? because I'm pretty sure it was NO WHERE.

Wow, another Matt Hardy mark.. Well, this is due to how sick I am of hearing shit about how "Hardy deserves it". FUCK MATT HARDY. Goldust deserves a world title more. Mark Henry deserves it more. Yeah, I said it, so what. Miz is where he is due to his work in, and out of the ring. Yes he may not be a great technical wrestler, but look how BOTH the hardy boys were at that point in their career. Can you say where they were? because I'm pretty sure it was NO WHERE.

Are you ******ed??? I was using Matt Hardy and Christian as EXAMPLES of guys who deserve it more than the Miz... I am not even really that big of a Matt Hardy fan... You MUST be a Miz mark, however... Yeah, guys like Goldust, and Mark Henry DO deserve it more than the Miz... At least they have paid their dues... The Miz should NOT be getting a push if he isn't ready for it ( as you seem to suggest)... Plus neither one of the Hardys won a word title that early on in their careers, and Miz seems to be on the verge of doing that... YEAH I AGREE WITH YOU, FUCK MATT HARDY!!! Hardy is FAR from being my favorite, but he is better than the Miz... GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS, BUDDY!!! You shouldn't stick your foot in your mouth like that...

Actually I'm not a Miz mark, but I give credit where credit is due. Miz has worked to be where he is. He's put in the time, and that caught the eye of Vince. Are you saying McMahon is an idiot and has poor taste? When Cena was going for the US title, if I said "Oh he's going to be the face of the company" I would have been called an idiot for it, and told how his in-ring ability is not good enough for it. Yet now look where we are! Miz has the mic skills to pull it off. Also gets a reaction from the crowd, and that's really all that matters. No I do not think Goldy or Henry SHOULD be world champ, they are the Vet's who help the younger talent. I was merely saying they are the same as Hardy is. Sheamus got where he is in one year, but you're not bitching about him. Just like miz, he worked to be better, and IS better.

Actually I'm not a Miz mark, but I give credit where credit is due. Miz has worked to be where he is. He's put in the time, and that caught the eye of Vince. Are you saying McMahon is an idiot and has poor taste? When Cena was going for the US title, if I said "Oh he's going to be the face of the company" I would have been called an idiot for it, and told how his in-ring ability is not good enough for it. Yet now look where we are! Miz has the mic skills to pull it off. Also gets a reaction from the crowd, and that's really all that matters. No I do not think Goldy or Henry SHOULD be world champ, they are the Vet's who help the younger talent. I was merely saying they are the same as Hardy is. Sheamus got where he is in one year, but you're not bitching about him. Just like miz, he worked to be better, and IS better.

There you go assuming things again... I actually DO have a problem with Sheamus being a world champion within one year... Part of me feels like Vince is pushing all of these new guys on us because he is sooooo desperate to find the next SCSA of the Rock... John Cena IS the face of the company... However, Cena is the face of the WWE during a period where business has not been very good... Does Cena really stack up to a Hogan, Austin, or Rock then??? There are actually a LOT of people who do not like Cena either, myself included... There are a lot of people who do not like the Miz, either... The difference is that Cena actually draws in the little kid fanbase... Who does the Miz draw in??? Outside of the WWE universe, does anyone care about the Miz??? The problem is that he hasn't put in his time!!! Just a few years on the job does not qualify for "putting in his time"... Putting in your time is someone like Chris Benoit... THAT, my friend, is putting in your time...

There you go assuming things again... I actually DO have a problem with Sheamus being a world champion within one year... Part of me feels like Vince is pushing all of these new guys on us because he is sooooo desperate to find the next SCSA of the Rock... John Cena IS the face of the company... However, Cena is the face of the WWE during a period where business has not been very good... Does Cena really stack up to a Hogan, Austin, or Rock then??? There are actually a LOT of people who do not like Cena either, myself included... There are a lot of people who do not like the Miz, either... The difference is that Cena actually draws in the little kid fanbase... Who does the Miz draw in??? Outside of the WWE universe, does anyone care about the Miz??? The problem is that he hasn't put in his time!!! Just a few years on the job does not qualify for "putting in his time"... Putting in your time is someone like Chris Benoit... THAT, my friend, is putting in your time...

Oh yes, because HHH, Steph, and Vince are just IDIOTS for making Sheamus a mainevent player. How DARE they. They've just ruined the company now. Serious, why am I not surprised that you don't like Cena either.. You seem like an "Attitude Mark" either that or TNA. While I have no beef with TNA, well, for the most part, I DO have an issue with the Attitude people bitching about the state of the WWE. Saying it isn't good enough. Guess what, NO ONE CARES. The ones who are watching, do so for the enjoyment of it. Keep throwing the Cena hate out, and you'll see that a LOT of these forums are Pro-Cena actually. As well as pro-Miz. I think the talent push is good, and been done very well. They are not trying to find the next Rock or Austin, instead they are making the first Miz and Cena, yes there may be some similarities between them and past characters, but I could find that in almost ANY character of the past 20 years. If you don't like it so much, there is TNA, or ROH for you.

Oh yes, because HHH, Steph, and Vince are just IDIOTS for making Sheamus a mainevent player. How DARE they. They've just ruined the company now. Serious, why am I not surprised that you don't like Cena either.. You seem like an "Attitude Mark" either that or TNA. While I have no beef with TNA, well, for the most part, I DO have an issue with the Attitude people bitching about the state of the WWE. Saying it isn't good enough. Guess what, NO ONE CARES. The ones who are watching, do so for the enjoyment of it. Keep throwing the Cena hate out, and you'll see that a LOT of these forums are Pro-Cena actually. As well as pro-Miz. I think the talent push is good, and been done very well. They are not trying to find the next Rock or Austin, instead they are making the first Miz and Cena, yes there may be some similarities between them and past characters, but I could find that in almost ANY character of the past 20 years. If you don't like it so much, there is TNA, or ROH for you.

When are you going to learn to not make assumptions??? Let me give you some random facts on the way that I think... First of all, the Attitude Era was extremely overrated!!! I was aware of what was going on in the WWF back then, but I also realized that the Attitude Era lacked storytelling and real substance... I was a WCW fan... I was one of those people that liked both the NWA and the WWF... When Hogan left for WCW in 1994 I followed him there... I am a huge fan of guys like Roddy Piper, Sting, Hogan, CM Punk, Taker, Foley, Flair, AJ Styles, MCMG, nWo, Triple H, HBK, Orton, and Edge... Before you go saying I am a TNA mark again, notice how only a couple of my favorites reside in TNA...

Another thing that you need to understand is that YES, Vince McMahon IS trying to find the next SCSA and Rock... He is trying to find the talent that can sell pay per views like those two guys could... Vince is trying to find guys who can sell merchandise like those two could... Guys who can bring up the ratings like those two guys did... I was never even a really big fan of either of them... SCSA & Rock were mildly entertaining to me, but I didn't mind them either... They were okay... I didn't change the channel when they were on, and they were able to keep my attention... I didn't cream my pants when I saw them like a lot of people do...

You know what the problem with Cena is??? First of all, he hasn't lost a match cleanly in like 4 years!!! WTF!!! Hogan put the Warrior over at Wrestlemania 6 cleanly... Hogan put Sting, Flair, Luger, Big Show, Rock, etc... All of these guys were put over cleanly by Hogan... Hogan even put over Goldberg cleanly... My second problem with Cena ( and I just did it myself) is that people mention him in the same breath as guys like Hogan, SCSA, and the Rock while Cena hasn't even come close to selling as much merchandise, pay per views, or just ratings in general as the afore mentioned guys did... Whether you, or anyone else likes it or not, Cena is not on the same level as those guys...

As far as the beginning of your post goes... Yes I do think that Vince, HHH, & Steph are not very bright for throwing someone as green as Sheamus in the main event picture... Sheamus is not seasoned enough for this role... YES, Sheamus is better than he was a year ago... YES, Sheamus has the size and a unique character... However, Sheamus still needs more time to develop into what he is fully capable of... That is just my opinion... If you think that Sheamus is good for his main event status after just one year, then GREAT!!! I just always have felt like someone should really have to EARN their spot by working very hard, and having a proven track record for a fairly lengthy time frame...

What is truly funny (and sad) is that when a WWE "mark" comes on here and can't win an argument... So in turn, they proceed to tell you that if "you don't like the WWE so much then go watch TNA or ROH"... What an idiot??? If I am not TOTALLY PRO WWE, then I am not allowed to have a voice in the matter??? What is this??? Are you from the Soviet Union??? Is this a Communist thread??? Are you the dictator, telling everyone what to think and say??? The fact is that MANY people have done what you suggest I do and not watch the WWE... That is evident by the piss poor 3.0 rating they did this past Monday... I remember a couple of years ago when the WWE said that the ratings were not going to fall below a 4.0!!! Now they are in danger of FALLING BELOW 3.0!!! At some point, don't you start to think to yourself that maybe, just maybe, everything is not rainbows and lollipops in WWE land... Maybe telling people to NOT watch the WWE is not a very well thought out idea... I have grown up with the WWE for 25 years, and I can assure you that guys like the Miz, R-Truth, Swagger, Nexus, Bret Hart, etc... are not going to help this declining trend at all... NONE of the new talent strikes anyone as being a badass, or someone that the average person can relate to... Can the average person relate to SCSA??? The average person can't relate to Miz, R-Truth, Morrison, Swagger, etc... That is why we are in this down cycle...

Hopefully we are clear here now, and you won't go making assumptions based on your predispensed hopothesis... Thank you...

And following the little tiff above me....

Just a few nominations of my own:

As the Thread states, I don't have any particular reason for hating them, just somethign rubs me up the wrong way:

Booker T - eeeugh... throw Sharmelle in there too. Glad I never have to see 'em again!

Mysterio - covered adequately in previous posts

Cody Rhodes - smarmy, irritating, looks like a frog. whats not to hate?

Daniel Bryan - naah, only joking! =)

oh, and...

Balls! (Mahoney)

Oh, this is easy. The Miz, by a mile.

He's a total channel changer for me, or in my case, a fast-forward button presser opportunity. Awesome? Hardly. Awesomely annoying and juvenile, maybe.

Miz to me is everything what is wrong with wrestling today. He's championed for his mediocrity because there's nothing better (really) to replace him with, so the crowds see him as "the best", when in reality, he's "the best of what's available", which when you look at it in the total perspective isn't very good at all. He's a glorified frat-boy.

Oh, this is easy. The Miz, by a mile.

He's a total channel changer for me, or in my case, a fast-forward button presser opportunity. Awesome? Hardly. Awesomely annoying and juvenile, maybe.

Miz to me is everything what is wrong with wrestling today. He's championed for his mediocrity because there's nothing better (really) to replace him with, so the crowds see him as "the best", when in reality, he's "the best of what's available", which when you look at it in the total perspective isn't very good at all. He's a glorified frat-boy.

Who is the one guy you just can't stand? Well, that is a question that is completely a matter of personal preference, of course, and to each his own in terms of who any fan likes or dislikes. And if the Miz is a guy that you really don't like, it's certainly not my place to suggest you're right or you're wrong.

I cannot imagine, though, selecting the Miz for your answer to this question, when there are so many other more annoying guys out there who are accomplishing nothing in their respective wrestling organizations. While the Miz is hardly a ring technician, the progress he has made in the ring since his earliest days, especially since being drafted to RAW, is remarkable. I grant you, he's only average or maybe slightly above average in terms of actual wrestling ablity, but in the world of professional wrestling today, whether it be WWE or TNA, that hardly matters. As long as you have any ability in the ring at all, you can become a big deal in either company, based upon mic skills, attitude, charisma, and other such intangibles. And while the Miz is average in the ring, he has been excelling n these other areas and is getting better. His promo from RAW this week was clearly the promo of the year. Passionate, well delivered (despite one slip-up), and a terrific combination of kayfabe and reality because every word he said was the gospel truth. Like him or hate him, he's doing something that many guys before him have been unable to do, something I never dreamed he'd be able to do, and that's get over on the crowded upper tier of Monday Night Raw.

I really cannot see what was juvenile about his promo on Monday. If you didn't like it, fine, that's obviously your perogative, but it was hardly juvenile. Some of his earlier rants in the ring were certainly juvenile, but not any more. He's far more than the frat-boy that he used to be before coming to RAW.

Back on topic, the one guy I cannot stand is Jeff Jarrett. I hated him as the singing cowboy in WWE. I hated him in WCW, back to WWE, and I continue to hate him in TNA. While I really respect what he has achieved in TNA and the dedication it has taken to achieve it, I just never will be a fan of his at any time in any of his various personas. Average in the ring on his best day. Below average on the stick. He spent way too long as a glory-hog throughout his early days in TNA, monopolizing the title for too long and by default holding other guys back. I don't like the shots he takes at WWE from time to time, they're petty and actually hurt his cause more than they help it.

Give me the Miz over Jeff Jarrett, any day of the week.

Who is the one guy you just can't stand? Well, that is a question that is completely a matter of personal preference, of course, and to each his own in terms of who any fan likes or dislikes. And if the Miz is a guy that you really don't like, it's certainly not my place to suggest you're right or you're wrong.

I cannot imagine, though, selecting the Miz for your answer to this question, when there are so many other more annoying guys out there who are accomplishing nothing in their respective wrestling organizations. While the Miz is hardly a ring technician, the progress he has made in the ring since his earliest days, especially since being drafted to RAW, is remarkable. I grant you, he's only average or maybe slightly above average in terms of actual wrestling ablity, but in the world of professional wrestling today, whether it be WWE or TNA, that hardly matters. As long as you have any ability in the ring at all, you can become a big deal in either company, based upon mic skills, attitude, charisma, and other such intangibles. And while the Miz is average in the ring, he has been excelling n these other areas and is getting better. His promo from RAW this week was clearly the promo of the year. Passionate, well delivered (despite one slip-up), and a terrific combination of kayfabe and reality because every word he said was the gospel truth. Like him or hate him, he's doing something that many guys before him have been unable to do, something I never dreamed he'd be able to do, and that's get over on the crowded upper tier of Monday Night Raw.

I really cannot see what was juvenile about his promo on Monday. If you didn't like it, fine, that's obviously your perogative, but it was hardly juvenile. Some of his earlier rants in the ring were certainly juvenile, but not any more. He's far more than the frat-boy that he used to be before coming to RAW.

Back on topic, the one guy I cannot stand is Jeff Jarrett. I hated him as the singing cowboy in WWE. I hated him in WCW, back to WWE, and I continue to hate him in TNA. While I really respect what he has achieved in TNA and the dedication it has taken to achieve it, I just never will be a fan of his at any time in any of his various personas. Average in the ring on his best day. Below average on the stick. He spent way too long as a glory-hog throughout his early days in TNA, monopolizing the title for too long and by default holding other guys back. I don't like the shots he takes at WWE from time to time, they're petty and actually hurt his cause more than they help it.

Give me the Miz over Jeff Jarrett, any day of the week.

I'm not talking about one single instance, habs, I'm talking about The Miz as an overall character. I just don't care about him. There's nothing about him that makes me care. I didn't even see RAW this past week, so I can't speak to whatever promo he cut there.

To me, he's a one-trick pony – and that one trick is proclaiming himself awesome as loudly as possible so as to be perceived as having the type of personality people can care about, but what most don't see is that he's booed by default, not because he's actually that good. Ted DiBiase (Sr.) was that good. Miz is mediocrity championed.

He may be competent as a public speaker, but that doesn't make him a great wrestling character by any means, and certainly doesn't make him a superstar heel, either – at least no more than any other adequate public speaker who can manage not to bumble over their own words when facing an audience. That's something that's often confused here on this forum, from what I tend to notice. Being able to not stumble over your words does not make you a great wrestling character, hell it doesn't even make you a great promo guy, all it does is make you a competent speaker. Being able to find that connection with the crowd the way Punk does, now that is a great promo guy, right there.

I'm not talking about one single instance, habs, I'm talking about The Miz as an overall character. I just don't care about him. There's nothing about him that makes me care. I didn't even see RAW this past week, so I can't speak to whatever promo he cut there.

To me, he's a one-trick pony – and that one trick is proclaiming himself awesome as loudly as possible so as to be perceived as having the type of personality people can care about, but what most don't see is that he's booed by default, not because he's actually that good. Ted DiBiase (Sr.) was that good. Miz is mediocrity championed.

He may be competent as a public speaker, but that doesn't make him a great wrestling character by any means, and certainly doesn't make him a superstar heel, either – at least no more than any other adequate public speaker who can manage not to bumble over their own words when facing an audience. That's something that's often confused here on this forum, from what I tend to notice. Being able to not stumble over your words does not make you a great wrestling character, hell it doesn't even make you a great promo guy, all it does is make you a competent speaker. Being able to find that connection with the crowd the way Punk does, now that is a great promo guy, right there.

You really should take the 5-10 minutes it would take to watch the Miz's promo from this week's episode of RAW. I think it really displays a character that is continuing to evolve and develop, albeit with basically the same methodology. I really think you are referencing the version of the Miz that was a tag team partner of Morrison, and the one who just got drafted to RAW, as opposed to the version of the Miz that was evident on RAW this week. The promo itself, and the subsequent interaction with Danielson, was absolute gold in my opinion. It was not just his loud declaration of being awesome, it was much more. It had passion. It had emotion. And it had large elements of reality blended amongst the kayfabe. It's not a question of being booed by default, but rather, a case of eliciting the boos by great heel psychology. And as I said earlier, how "good" he is, in ring wise, has unfortunately become secondary and you know it. If that weren't the case, Styles would be TNA champion and no one there would ever take the belt off him. But there's much more to pro wrestling than execution of moves, and the Miz is bringing the total package these days.

Oh, and back on topic, another guy who I absolutely hate is Sean Waltman. Ever since he ended his run as the 1-2-3 kid, I've hated that guy. Now there's a guy who is average in the ring at best and attempted to get himself over with volume rather than content. Terrible on the mic, zero personality (unless being a jerk counts as personality). Again, compare the Miz to Sean Waltman, and it's a pretty easy choice.

I have to say the Great Khali. Seriously this guy cant even get out of his own way. he always looks like he trying to remember what he was going to do. he cant sell a move nor can he deliver a move that doesnt make me want to slap him. Vince u are just wasteing your time and money on him. I know you are a fan of the "big Men" but why not get someone that can make you money and that people don't see on tv and go to the kitchen to get a snack or go to the bathroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back