Gimmick Matches for Round 4:

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
I need Gimmick matches, and good ones too. I need to come up with 16 gimmick matches to be used for the spin the wheel round which will begin in a few weeks. They can't be any of the 8 super gimmick matches used in Round 5, and I want matches that aren't similar to one another. So I don't want an Ultimate Submission Match and a Submission Match.

Matches that will be included.

1. Steel Cage: Obvious Reasons, it's probably the staple of big time feuds and their culminations, well until the WWE ****ed it out and made it irrelevant.

2. Ladder Match: Probably the most over used gimmick match in the world of wrestling today.

3. 30 Minute Iron Man Match: Most pinfall, submission, count out, or disqualifications wins in the time of 30 minutes.

4. Ultimate Submission Match: Same as an Iron Man Match, but the only way you can win is with a tap out or submission. Most Submissions in 30 minutes wins.

5. Regular Wrestling Match: Someone lucks out with a match with basic wrestling rules. If it takes place in ECW, then ECW rules are null and void.

6. Tables Match: The first person to drive his opponent through a table with an offensive move is the winner.

7. Last Man Standing: The person to beat their opponent so bad that they can't get up after ten seconds will be declared the winner.

8. Falls Count Anywhere: Basically the name says it all. Pinfalls can take place anywhere.

Those are 8, I can come up with 8 more, but I figured I'll let everyone discuss what they want to see.

How about a Sadistic madness match added to this as I don't think that is one of the super gimmick matches in the next round. Combine in the fact that it is a First Blood Match and you have to score the pinfall as well to get the win.

9. Sadistic Madness is now in. I forgot all about this match. Very Similar to the First Blood match, but the match doesn't end when the wrestler bleeds. The wrestler that bleeds is now eligible to be pinned. You can't score a pinfall until you're opponent is busted open.

I'd say Hell in a Cell, but would you include that with the steel cage category? Cause if not then throw in some War Games as well.

What about the TNA gimmick matches? Ultimate X?

Lets not have any gimmick matches though that give like 2 people an unfair advantage, like what happened last time when Ricky Steamboat got matched up with the Big Show in a damn "Chokeslam Challenge". That was just unfair. And only like 15 wrestlers in the tourny can do a damn chokeslam.

what about an "I Quit" match. That can be brutal as anything goes as it like a street fight with out pins or submission. It is similar to a Last man standing match but your opponent actually has to give.

Just a couple Ideas

Parking Lot Brawl

Lumberjack Match... Who the Lumberjacks are could be the highest ranked wrestlers knocked out of the tournament

Bullrope Match (or any other match that somehow has the competitors latched together)

4 corners match.... Not sure if that is the correct name, but the match where the competitors are tied together and must touch each of the 4 corners (or 6 in TNA) to win the match

Those are just some of my thoughts. Glad if I can help in anyway with this tournament! I love this thing!

How about stretcher match/ambulance match/dumpster match/casket match. They're original gimmick matches. They can also can't as specialty matches for wrestlers like: Undertaker.

Scaffolding matches are pretty bad ass.

The Inferno Match was cool.

Blindfold matches suck, but in a pinch it'd work.

Coal Miner's Glove match a la Sting vs Roberts.

Taped Fist match, which Jim Duggan brought back.

"Catch as Catch Can Match" bans moves that cause injury, end in a pin or submission, and says if any wrestler leaves the ring they forfeit.

Sumo match - take the ropes down and have a sumo encounter.

Empty Arena Match. A la Halftime Heat ROck vs Foley.

Lumberjack match, obvious.

Brawl for All Match.

C'mon IC25, a scaffold match? Scaffold matches are some of the most boring matches on earth. The only time they're exciting is when they're not on the scaffold. Atleast ECW did them right by having guys wrestle for a good 10 minutes before going up on top of the scaffold, where your arsenal of moves consists of punch, kick, body slam, and grunting while pretending to be trying your hardest to push the other guy off.

I'm about to make a thread based soley on my dislike for scaffold matches...

One that I saw wasn't on there yet is a _____ on a Pole match, but these do kinda suck so maybe not.

I especially like the ideas of a Lumberjack match featuring the 6 guys who were defeated by the two in the match as well as a Bullrope match or Dog Collar or Chain or whatever and perhaps a Stretcher match which I have seen done well a few times (Finlay/Rey at Cyber Sunday and RVD/Sabu I believe).

my personel favorite the i quit match 2 wrestlers go at it till one person
other good picks are buried alive ultimate x hell in a cell item on a pole punjabi prison strecher match and finally the inferno match

C'mon IC25, a scaffold match? Scaffold matches are some of the most boring matches on earth.

Hey brutha, I am glad I could inspire you, but I wasn't listing matches I liked...just throwing ideas out there. I'll admit I was really in to the Elevation X, though.

Oh well...I guess a lingerie pillow fight wouldn't go over too well in this tournament...besides, the thought of the big show in a bra and panties is enough to scare me near to death.

Hardcore rules (anywhere other than ECW)
Amateur rules match/takedown challenge
Hearkening back to the olden days....brass knuckles match

And for one more amusing thought...didn't WCW once do a match with "vicious guard dogs" that ended up with tame dogs that took dumps in the ring???

MP

hrrrm id like to see for either tna or ecw regions the barbed wire massicre match comming into play and about any singular wepon match ( ie singapore cane match and what not). but the match i wanna see come into play if they had it would be the 10 thousand tack match. ive loved all thoes matches. seing tackks stick outta a man is fucking awsome cause you no its gotta hurt.

How about a two out of three falls match. One round a submission round, the second something else and the third a pure wrestling match.
Iron man match. This might would help some lesser know names against some powerhouse.
I would like to echo I Quit matches.

Bullrope Match should definitely be considered. Potentially one of the bloodiest matches out there and i have only ever seen Dusty Rhodes do it well as it should be done. As long as its not the gimmicked version that started off JBL's world title reign.

Also TNA's Clockwork Orange House of Fun match as well? A Raven speciality!

1. Steel Cage: Obvious Reasons, it's probably the staple of big time feuds and their culminations, well until the WWE ****ed it out and made it irrelevant.

2. Ladder Match: Probably the most over used gimmick match in the world of wrestling today.

3. 30 Minute Iron Man Match: Most pinfall, submission, count out, or disqualifications wins in the time of 30 minutes.

4. Ultimate Submission Match: Same as an Iron Man Match, but the only way you can win is with a tap out or submission. Most Submissions in 30 minutes wins.

5. Regular Wrestling Match: Someone lucks out with a match with basic wrestling rules. If it takes place in ECW, then ECW rules are null and void.

6. Tables Match: The first person to drive his opponent through a table with an offensive move is the winner.

7. Last Man Standing: The person to beat their opponent so bad that they can't get up after ten seconds will be declared the winner.

8. Falls Count Anywhere: Basically the name says it all. Pinfalls can take place anywhere.

9. Sadistic Madness Match: You must bloody your opponent before they are eligible for pinfall.

10. I Quit Match: it's different enough from the Ultiamte Submission match to make it, and it seems to have universal appeal.

11. Bullrope/Four Corners match: Think of the JBL/Guerrero match. Two guys, Bullrope tied to them, get to four corners in order to secure a victory.

12. Dog Collar Match: One of my personal favorites, but minus the four corners stipulation. Two guys attached by the neck with a 6 foot dog collar.

13. Clockwork Orange House of Fun: Pretty much a half a cage, and weapons dangling from the ceiling of the arena. A glorified hardcore weapons match with easier access to the goodies.

14. 2 out of 3 Falls: The name of the match says it all, the person to secure 2 pinfalls first is the winner of the match. (Tarp, you're thinking three stages of hell, and that will be in round 5).

15. Lumberjack match: If you're thrown out of the ring, the lumberjacks are there to make sure you get back in the ring. The catch, the Lumberjacks are men that have been eliminated by the contestants thus far.

16. Stretcher Match: Simple rules of the match. You have to place your opponent on a stretcher and wheel him pass a marked white line near the entrance ramp. I personally like this new version of the match.

So these are the sixteen I will go with unless there are any objections. As far as the Inferno Match, I like it, but it gets to be unrealistic if you have Ric Flair vs. Steve Austin in it. It works when a guy like Kane and MVP have full body armor on. Plus it was Benoit vs. Austin last year, and Benoit lost, now he's burning in hell, it's a direct correlation and I don't want to be responsible for that happening again this year.

Good choices. Should make for a lot of interesting face-offs in the next round.

Regarding three stages of hell, is that going to be used for all Round 5 matches? And if so, are the stips for all 3 stages going to be the same? What a potentially great test of many aspects/skills...brawling, weapon use, wrestling, submission, etc. I would submit that its a great way to further separate the men from the boys...not that there are many boys left at this point in the tournament.

MP

Round 5 will have two of the marquee gimmick matches of each region, and those matches determined by coinflip.

So in the WWE Region, in Round 5, you have one of two matches you can compete in, Hell in the Cell or T.L.C.

WCW: Three Tiered Cage, or 60 Minute Iron Man Match

TNA: Ultimate X Match or Monster's Ball

ECW: Barbed Wire or 3 Stages of Hell (I Chose 3 Stages of Hell knowing it is a WWE match, but three gimmick matches in one would fit this tourney better then a Scaffold Match).

More details on each of the rules for those matches when we get to round 5.

Shit, I think I missed it.. but what about Casket Matches? I always liked Casket and Buried Alive matches. Not sure if they could fit every wrestler in the tournament, but its a unique concept match that could provide interesting match-ups with two people unaware of how to compete in them.

will i think thoes are good ideas but really who were thoes made up for? the undertaker you cant really call it anyone elses speciality match when undertaker has been in the most of both of thoes matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back