• Sting

• Samoa Joe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Icon Sting vs. The Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe

The Following matchup takes place in Madison Square Garden, in New York City.

30 Minute Iron Man Match: The Person to score the most victories via pinfall, submission, disqualification, or count out within 30 minutes will be declared the winner. If there is a tie, the match will continue until there is a winner.

One of the greatest all-time, who was adored by fans all over the country, who participated in arguably the biggest feud of all time, and was one of the most charismatic wrestlers ever vs. an overrated fat indy guy who has pretty much flopped once he was given consistent TV exposure.

Yeah, I'm going with Sting in this one. Sting wins in 15 minutes. I don't care if it is an Iron Man match, Sting wins in 15 minutes.

By the way, what is a 30 minute Iron Man match? That's stupid. Most main-events go near 30 minutes anyways, with one fall. I hate 30 minute Iron Man matches.

Sly basically summed it up quite well. Joe is nothing more than a overrated fat peice of shit that is worshipped by ignorant minded ROH/TNA fans who crave spots and lame entertainment. Sting on the other hand is the complete opposite of that, the guy hands down is a in the top 5 of all time. For all of the reasons that have been said, hell the man went toe to toe with Hulk Hogan. Joe would get laughed at if he was even in the same ring as the Hulkster. Iron man match or not, Sting runs circles on poor Joe. Plus the match is in MSG. The large crowd when Sting has them in the palm of his hand may affect Joe's concentration.

Sting wins by 3 falls to 0.

I say Joe gets a fall in. He's not over rated. I appreciate his body of work - strength, speed, agility, intensity. But he's no Sting. Borden is a legend, and Joe is MAYBE a main eventer in waiting.

Sting wins 3-1.

While Joe is very good in the ring, he hasn't done much really nowhere near enough to take out Sting, plus he lacks charisma and has very sub par skills.

So this goes to Sting

Joe is much better than he is given credit for, but come on. This is the stinger. While he was based on the gimmick, he was a damn fine wrestler. Joe will get the first fall with the musclebuster, but after that the other superstar from venice beach takes over and wins back to back falls with a cross body and a scorpion.

I wouldn't say Joe's much better than people give him credit for. He's better than Wes and Sly give him credit for - he's certainly not a spot monkey. In fact, if it weren't for fear of being unpopular I'd propose that this match may in fact give him the advantage, that he'd manhandle Sting, and use a long list of submissions to wear him down and maybe make him tap multiple times within a single sequence, as well as using his powerful and fast-paced strikes to keep Borden groggy, that the Muscle Buster may pop Sting's muscles apart, and that the chubby Samoan would take it.

But I don't want to be unpopular.

it is pretty much a one sided affair. sting has better moves, more versatility. more charisma , more experience. everything makes sting a better wrestler. as slyfox said joe cant even hang with sting for 15 min even.
final score 3-0. its upto you to decide 2 pins and one submission or 2 submissions and 1 pin .
STING WINS 3-0 AND ADVANCES

wow this would be pretty good but liek every one else has said it will be sting as the winner because sting is more fit, has more experience an dis just plain better than joe. sting wins 5-1

Sting has more versatility? I'll have to disagree, I think Joe is very versatile - from MMA strikes, to power moves, to submissions, to chain wrestling, to high flying even. He's more versatile than Sting, and has a more expansive moveset. Those aren't really the factors that decide these things, I just wanted to throw my opinion in on them as I think Joe is getting bashed just because he's losing.

Joe is ok, but overated is right. Most of his good work has come working with guys like AJ, or Daniels who his style is perfectly suited too. Against Angle and Cage too he has looked great, but those two are guys that can make anyone look good. I think Sting is a clear choice here, as outside the X-division, or a match with TNA's two main event calibre wrestlers he hasn't looked anything other than average. Sting we don't even need to go into how many great matches he has had.

Sting has more versatility? I'll have to disagree, I think Joe is very versatile - from MMA strikes, to power moves, to submissions, to chain wrestling, to high flying even. He's more versatile than Sting, and has a more expansive moveset. Those aren't really the factors that decide these things, I just wanted to throw my opinion in on them as I think Joe is getting bashed just because he's losing.

Joe is not versatile. He works the same match style every match, and doesn't have the first clue how to make someone else look good in the ring. Everything is either high impact offense, or silly chain submissions that one can see coming a mile away. Joe has no concept of how to work differently between face and heel, and I've yet to see a Joe match that is different from another.

Sting has more versatility. It's not really even debatable.

Sting doesn't have the moves set to go 30 minutes. He doesn't have the taunts and poses that Hogan does so he can't even waste 10 minutes of match time. Joe wins easily. He's proven he can go over an hour on many an occasion. With less talented workers than he is. Remember that Joe would probably have been Umaga if he'd gone to WWE.

I went with Sting, simply because he's been in more big match situations then Joe has. Sting has proven he can go an hour before as well in the early 90's, so that advantage for Joe is taken out. I'm certainly not one of Joe's biggest fans, but I think he's better then what some of the haters are makign him out to be as well.

Sting is used to wrestlign guys the size of Joe. Joe is used to beating up guys smaller then him. Sting is a powerhouse that can no sell as well as Joe too.

Sting doesn't have the moves set to go 30 minutes. He doesn't have the taunts and poses that Hogan does so he can't even waste 10 minutes of match time. Joe wins easily. He's proven he can go over an hour on many an occasion. With less talented workers than he is. Remember that Joe would probably have been Umaga if he'd gone to WWE.

Dude have you forgot what made Sting? Flair vs Sting Clash of the Champions? It was a 45 minute draw with pure wrestling. If there was five minutes of posing or any nonwrestling that was it.
Sting takes this one 2-1. I think Joe is much better than given credit for. If he learns to use the mic I could see and long title reign but he's not in Stings league.

Sting was with Flair. So going 45 minutes with him is no big deal. Flair used to get decent matches out of almost anybody back then. Sting is overrated. I expect it of Slyfox. He thinks The Warrior is a good wrestler. But come on. Sting is like Hogan. He's ok. But he's nothing spectacular.

I have always thought that Sting was overrated and really got a great gimmick at the right time and had a couple memorable matches early in his career but then always was over based on his gimmick, similar to the Undertaker, but unlike Taker he hasn't become better with age. I had to go with Joe because Sting is just too overrated IMO.

Sting was with Flair. So going 45 minutes with him is no big deal.
And going 60 minutes with Punk where the majority of the match is laying on the ground is impressive for Joe? Especially since Punk bumped for most of the match?

I expect it of Slyfox.
Thanks.

He thinks The Warrior is a good wrestler.
He was. How can you say he wasn't?
But come on. Sting is like Hogan. He's ok. But he's nothing spectacular.
Sting is not as good as Hogan. But he's darn good and one of the most charismatic wrestlers ever. And far superior to an overrated Samoa Joe who can only work the same match regardless of situation, face/hell disposition or opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back