• Kurt Angle

• Dean Malenko

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Kurt Angle vs. The Man of 1000 Hold's Dean Malenko

The Following matchup takes place in Orlando, FL in the Impact Zone. All matches take place in a six sided ring.

Ultimate Submission Match:
Similar to a 30 Minute Iron Man Match, but the only way a fall is won is by a submission victory. A submission victory counts as a tap out, a verbal submission, or passing out. The person with the most Submissions in 30 minutes wins the match.

Ultimate Submission Match!? Are you sure you chose these gimmicks at random, because this just seems way too good to be true. I think the gimmick gives Malenko a slight edge, but no more than Angle being in the Impact Zone (the proper one, this time). There's no wrong way to vote in this one. When he's on form, which he definitely would be in this environment and with an opponent of this caliber, Angle's just as calculating as Malenko. He is an olympic athlete, after all. He is, however, more likely to be frustrated. Well, you can't be less likely to be frustrated than a man that just doesn't get frustrated, can you?

God, these two are almost impossible to separate. For me, this is so close I'll have to go outside the box to pick a winner, so I'll go to overall success and personal preference: Angle gets my vote. Well, he would, if only I weren't waiting to see other member's opinions first. One thing is for certain, this match would be incredible and I'd sell my house to see it.

To anyone who hasn't properly seen Malenko perform, I recommend that you do. Even if you're still convinced Angle is the better man, which is easily justified, may I remind you, you're in for a real treat. My personal favourite was his match against Rey Misterio Jr. at the Great American Bash. I find his match at Hog Wild (or Road Wild, whatever) with Benoit ever-so-slightly overrated.

Match of the tournament, definitely. Should really be a draw, as I don't see either tapping - this is while they're at their best, after all. Someone's going to have to lose consciousness.

I fully agree. I'd sell Mr.Sam's house to see this match as well. :D

I'll be completely honest with you; I more or less flipped a coin in my head for this one. I think Melenko is a fractionally better submission wrestler, but Angle has the environmental advantage, and also has far more "big match" experience.

At the end of the day, it's hard to cast a vote on this one without sending yourself into a spiral of shame and self loathing for voting against the other man, but I gave this one to Angle. Both men are probably on my list or top ten superstars in living memory, but I think Angle's main event experience causes him to come out on top with this one.

Mr. Sam must have shit himself when he saw this!

I voted Malenko on his experience. The six sided ring in the Impact Zone means nothing in this kind of match, and Malenko is so well rounded he'd adapt fast. Angle is fantastic, but Malenko is cool and calculating, just as intense, doesn't lose his cool easilly, and spent his careers around the likes of Benoit and Jericho, so he understands submissions.

I get Angle being one of the best of all time, but Malenko in his prime is as good as anyone, and didn't get pushed because of his size. I alo realize that Angle is winning this on name recognition, which is fine, it's not a tragedy. I just think Malenko has a damn good shot.

Wow. Just wow. I said earlier that i'd pay to see dibiase and jericho, and that'd be a once in a decade occurance. This would make it happen twice. As mr sam said, there's no wrong way to go here. These two are absolute gods in the ring and if this match had actually happened, it could be the greatest match in the history of wrestling. I may catch some heat for saying this, but malenko and angle are better in the ring than hart and benoit in my opinion. They are pure artists in there and to see those two go at it for submissions would be a once in a lifetime chance. I voted for angle, in a match where if he came in face or heel, he'd end the match with a handshake and hug. Angle wins, but definately not pitching a shutout.

Diehard wrestling fanatics will give an arm or leg to see this match lol. Voting for either man is justified, both are excellent in their own way. I voted for Angle solely for the reason that he has accomplished more than Malenko in his career, and being in TNA also helps him a bit as well. Angle wins with a score of 2-1 in what will be a true classic.

Angle wins with a score of 2-1 in what will be a true classic.

I don't see that happening to be honest. The way I see it, Angle somehow gets a big advantage - I don't know, Malenko has a stroke and heart attack at the same time. Anyway, Angle would have to go to town the way he did on Undertaker's legs at No Way Out 2006 (see my match of the week for further details). Malenko wouldn't tap, but after a stroke/Angle Slam/heart attack/Ankle Lock/ring post Figure Four combination, he may just pass out. Similar circumstances would have to come to pass for Angle to lose, of course. In all honesty, I think it'd end 0-0, and so it'd be a draw. Obviously. I think I either won't vote, or wait near the end of voting to try and even out the numbers.

People, try and vote strategically to put both into the next round. It's what really should happen.

it cant get closer than this. two master technicians at their best in a submission match.
too difficult to decide based on the wrestling skills only so i will give EXTRA thought to their persona to decide who wins this.

i will go with malenko. when angle cant find a way to get malenko to tap after 25 min (and countless efforts) he loses his focus and cool and goes to the top rope (anyone saw the 60 min IRONMAN match on smackdown ANGLE V/S LESNAR see angles reactions in last 5 min to know why i say so). malenko uses this opportunity and because he is a veteran and he sees that coming. moves out just in time . angle hurts a body part malenko uses all his strength, skill and experience to target that injured part to apply a submission hold to make angle tap.........only once (probably once in ages) ........and just barely.
angle tries every effort possible even gets malenko in an ankle lock but time runs out on him barely seconds before malenko is abt to tap

THOUGH A VOTE FOR ANGLE IS JUSTIFIED . I AM SLIGHTLY BIASED TOO TOWARDS MALENKO BECAUSE I THINK ANGLE IS GOING TO WIN THIS ONE. POPULAR VOTES WILL MAKE IT MUCH MORE EASY FOR ANGLE THAN It ACTUALLY IS

sorry abt my earlier post i had to choose one so i chosed MALENKO.
the most likely scenario(actually) would be a TIME LIMIT DRAW.
0-0 is the most likely scenario. can we add this scenario in so that we can both can advance making next round a triple threat.

Agreed. I've said it before and I'll say it again; half an hour simply isn't enough for either man to tap out. The match also doesn't go to extra time like an Iron Man match. You'd need at least an hour, with extra time benefits to get a winner in this one. Quite honestly, I'm surprised that Angle's getting so many votes in a stipulation that gives Malenko the slight edge. Like I said though, when you can't seperate them on anything else, you have to go to personal preference, name recognition, success, etc. I think that's really why Angle is taking this, not that he doesn't deserve to, of course.

In ring they are totaly evenly matched. However I give the edge to Angle based on the fact that a olympic standard wrestler would be able to make Malenko submit more times. Angle also has the obvious size, weight, and home field advantages to counter Malenko's vast knowledge of submission moves. The danger for Malenko is he mat wrestles Angle, allowing Angle to use his knowledge of counter wrestling, and olympic standard mat wrestling techniques to overpower Malenko. If Malenko brawls with Angle he might stand a chance but in a submission match its unlikely, Angles conditioning means the match I feel favours him. This match would be close but Angle shaves it.

Malenko is the man of 1,000 holds. While it's never been said, I imagine he's also the man of 1,000 counter holds. Angle wouldn't be able to get anything on Malenko that he wouldn't be able to worm his way out of. Angle's offence isn't primarily submission based anyway. But Malenko always worked over joints.

Angle has the stronger submission maneuver but a culmination of all of Malenko's moves would beat Angle down.

I'll keep it short. Final score Malenko = 1,000 Angle = 1.... Not really, but Malenko has just that many more options to get the tap out.

Man alive, talk about a dream match for me. Two technical wrestlers in a matchup liek this would be fucking amazing.

I think Malenko would catch Angle by surprise, and surprise early in this matchup. I could see Malenko locking in a submission early on because Angle's cockiness would let his own guard down. I actually could see a quick 2-0 lead for Malenko.

Malenko has been groomed since birth to be a professional wrestler. I tend to agree with the opinion that, what could Kurt do that Malenko couldn't counter? I think there is one move, adn that's the Anklelock, with the grapevine. That's almost as a lock solid move as you could get. But in the end, I'm going with the upset special in this one.

I went with Angle on this one but after a long debate. The only other match I would've like to have seen these two in was an iron man match. I won't argue if either one wins. I do think that Malenko will go up early, but after an attempted roll up by Malenko Angle reverses and locks in the grapevine ankle lock of which there isn't an escape. Angle then continuslouly wears down the ankle. I see Angle advancing.

Honestly, I think Angle is being a tad undersold here. While im as big of a Malenko mark as anyone, Kurt Angle is an OLYMPiC GOLD MEDALiST WRESTLER, In what is now made into an essentially ameateur wrestling match, with the nearly circular ring, and the submission only stip. I think this will be one submission to a finish honestly, and I truly belive that Angle could go hold for hold, counter for counter with Malenko, becuase he is an olympic gold medalist. And Angles ankle lock/grapevine is nearly impossible to escape, especially for someone of small stature such as Malenko. Malenko loses conciousness at 29:55 to the anklelock grapevine. The match, the ring, and the home feild advantage are all angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back