KB"s Wrestler Challenge #10- Bigelow vs. Malenko

Pick Your Winner

• Bam Bam Bigelow

• Dean Malenko

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This week in the WC, we have a classic matchup of big man vs. little man.

To begin with, we have the man that is known as one of the better super heavyweights of all time. If you've never seen some of his older stuff, go out of your way to find some of it. The things that he can do at nearly 400lbs is mind blowing. To the best of my knowledge he was never a major singles champion outside of ECW, but he was always given good pushes. Ladies and Gentlemen, from Asbury Park, New Jersey, The Beast From the East, Bam Bam Bigelow!

His opponent this week is considered to be one of the best in ring workers of all time. This year in the WZ Tournament, this man was matched up against Kurt Angle in a submission match and the words Dream Match were used and used properly. This man was the inventor of the Cripple Crossface and could go move for move with anyone you put in front of him. His time in WCW produced some absolute classics with guys like Benoit and Mysterio. Ladies and Gentlemen, from Tampa, Florida, The Man of 1000 Holds, The Iceman, Dean Malenko!

You know what to do. Who wins, and why?

Bam Bam for me. For a big man he could move like a small cat. Best big man of the last 20 years IMO. I loved his matches with Bret Hart in 1993. And it wasnt a case of 'Bret making another big man look good', Bam Bam was a execellent worker, which Bret has said so himself. His matches with Taz in ECW in 1998 were also brillant. He could have been a brillant IC Champion or been a good main eventer. He could have been the Kane of the mid 1990s, always challenging for the world title but neve really getting to win it.

Malenko was good but Bam Bam takes it for me.

The Beast from the East takes this for me easily...and that's saying a lot because I admit it... I think Malenko is outstanding. To see Bam Bam flying around the ring is impressive before you factor in the fact the man was 400lbs. So he never acheived the level he could have, neither did Malenko. Both of these men never really made it to the big levels, but I feel Malenko's lack of personality held him back, while Bigelow was big, strong and athletic.

I would have loved him to make it to the big leagues, but sadly it wasn't to be

When it comes down to it on this one i don't believe Malenko can take Bigelow down long enough to make him tap. Malenko would really struggle and be on the defensive for most of this match, in such a position that he would not be able to lock in a significant submission. And any cloverleaf attempt would be kicked off in a second.

Bam Bam had it all, certainly one of the best never to be a world champ in the big two. HIs legacy was tarnished by the NFL Lawrence Taylor bullsh*t. But he really was an impressive sight to behold in ring, because for his size it was awesome.

Dean-o Machine-o is one of the few who possess the technical prowess to work over a guy Bigelow's size and round him for a while. Malenko is one of the all-time greats at neutralizing an opponents size and strength by using joint-holds and mixing in high impact maneuvers to stun.

But Bigelow is not technical slouch. He is a former State Heavyweight Wrestling Champion in Neptune, NJ - well known in wrestling circles as a tough amateur wrestling district in the US. Bigelow spent a great deal of his time in the technical hot-bed of New Japan pro. And on top of that, he's among the most agile SHW's in wrestling history. He's got too much of an arsenal for Malenko, though I expect this to be a better match than expected.

In personal preference, I'd hand this to Malenko. Can I say I'm extensively aware of their history and their catalogue of matches? No, but that's half the fun. Ever wondering what to do on YouTube? I'll search for a hidden gem from one of these two.

In one corner, a man that I would dispute to be the greatest SHW of all time, Bam Bam Bigelow. A man that drew the envy of countless smaller guys that wished they could be as agile as him. A slouch in no department. One tough hombre by all means.

In the other, Dean Malenko. The Man of 1,000 Holds, the Iceman. To me, a true legend; I think true legends have to be unique and relatively obscure. Like IC25 said, a man that knew how to neutralise any opponent - the ULTIMATE strategist.

I'm going to vote for Malenko for two reasons. One, because someone has to. Two, because I think he could feasibly beat any opponent.

Gotta go with Malenko on this one.

The Beast from the East was phenomenal. Without a doubt, the best combination of size and moveset ever in the business, at least on national television.

That being said, Malenko is possibly the best in ring worker i've ever seen, plus i like him better. And that's saying a lot, cause i think Bigelow rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back