• Steve Austin

• Big Van Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Big Van Vader

The Following matchup takes place in Orlando, FL in the Impact Zone. All matches take place in a six sided ring.

Monster's Ball:
Both men have been locked in a room for 24 hours without food, without light, without water. This match is a no disqualification match. The first person to score a pinfall or submission will be the winner.

Tough, tough choice. Who's the better brawler? I'd have to say austin. I really would. I hate to vote against Vader. But I just can't see Steve losing a match like this. Without food Vader would be lethargic. Look at his belly, the guy loves food. Austin has more of an athletic physique. So you would imagine his body could cope better without food for a day, unlike Vader.

Its going to be tough for IC to convince the "casual voters" to vote against Stone Cold Steve Austin. There are a large number of voters here who saw Austin in his prime, but haven't seen Vader outside WWF. If thats what they're basing it off, they'll vote for Austin in a squash.

I myself, have seen Vader in his prime WCW run, and know he is fully capable of beating Stone Cold. This is close, but I'll go Vader because he will probably lose this by a considerable margin.

Let me tell you about Vader. If you don't feed him, give him no drink and no light, do you know what happens?

HE GETS PISSED AND PEOPLE DIE!

AUstin has no business even considering going over Austin in a brawl. Austin ain't even that good a brawler. He's a "tough guy" but he's never done shit in the way of extreme matches. Vader has a win over Mick Foley in a Texas Death Match. VADER'S EYE POPPED OUT OF HIS HEAD IN A MATCH AGAINST STAN HANSEN, AND HE POPPED IT BACK IN HIMSELF AND FINISHED THE MATCH! He's not ok in the head.

Austin in his "prime" was already injured. Vader in his prime snapped a jobber's back like a twig.

Vader is a monster. Austin is a fucking catch phrase.

Vader can take the punishment. Maybe Austin can hang in, but there is no way he puts down Vader. Big Van Vader is the greatest Superheavyweight in the history of professional wrestling, and Austin is regarded highly because he was the first guy to use the word "ass" on TV on a regular basis. NO CONTEST!

Vader wins in 20 minutes, and anyone who wants to disagree with me, I will come after you 10 times worse than SLyfox goes after someone who say Cena and Hogan suck. Vader deserves this win, and if you don't believe me, as the jobber with the broken back, ask Mick Foley's ear, ask Stan Hansen, ask Sting's cracked ribs, ask Bam Bam Bigelow from their days in Japan.

Vader in 20 minutes AT MOST! And he eats Austin's dead, beer bloated carcass after the match is over.

For me this very wierd.
If it was a real fight, im not sure who would win.
But this is a wrestling match, which means its fake, now what im trying to say is, the outcome would have already been decided before the match started, and if it wasnt the usual fake WWE match, we simply wouldn't know.
I hate to bring it to this point, but its too unusual.

I guess the best way to say this is,
Vader was never meant to beat someone like Austin.

the stipulations are such that there is no way in hell austin can win.
after having no food and being locked in a dark room for 24 hrs , VADER will be a FUROIUS ANGRY MONSTER.
there is no way that AUSTIN can survive vaders wrath.
its a no disqualification match so i visualize that AUSTIN bleeds and bleeds heavily (as in the match against bret hart). there is NO WAY IN HELL a bloody, weakened and OUTPOWERED austin can survivie this one

VADER WINS IN 20 MINUTES

Let me tell you about Vader. If you don't feed him, give him no drink and no light, do you know what happens?

HE GETS PISSED AND PEOPLE DIE!

:lmao:

I voting Vader.Austin was a brawler but I haven,t seen him with weapons.Also Vader has had no food or drink for 24 hours?He,ll kill people.Simple.

In seriousness Austin may be a brawler but were talking about Vader,the man whos a brute,can flaten you in 0.2 seconds and has one of the meanest german suplexs ever.Vader wins after a huge splash tourgh a table.

Austin was every bit as brutal as Vader when he wanted to be. Austin's style is perfectly suited to this match, Austin would do the same thing he did to Rikishi, the size advantage of Vader is negated by Stone Cold sheer ruthlessness and his ability to use weapons. Vader size makes it harder for Austin to knock him down, but if he hits and runs he can minimize Vader's offense. Sure Vader is underated but to go over Austin prehaps the greatest brawler of all time, not a chance.

Austin was every bit as brutal as Vader when he wanted to be. Austin's style is perfectly suited to this match, Austin would do the same thing he did to Rikishi, the size advantage of Vader is negated by Stone Cold sheer ruthlessness and his ability to use weapons. Vader size makes it harder for Austin to knock him down, but if he hits and runs he can minimize Vader's offense. Sure Vader is underated but to go over Austin prehaps the greatest brawler of all time, not a chance.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Please tell me about some of Austin's great brawling moments. He hit The Rock with a chair a few times. He buried the Undertaker. He took out Booker T in a Supermarket by hittinh him with bags of flour. Excuse me if I don't sport an erection.

Vader is among the most brutal and dangerous men in wrestling history.

1. Vader gets his eye popped out, pops it back, continues match:

[youtube]AmK8mt4QWBg[/youtube]

In February of 1990, Vader faced another notoriously stiff wrestler in Stan Hansen at an All-Japan vs. New Japan supercard show. The two exchanged very hard punches, and one of them caused Vader's right eye to actually pop out of its socket, although it was contained by the swelling in his eyelid. Vader took the time to remove his mask (a sure sign to the Japanese crowd that the injury was legitimate) and push the eye back in before finishing the match as planned.

2. Vader breaks Joe Thurman's back:

[youtube]1LjzgoSKryc[/youtube]

Upon his return, Vader sent Nikita Koloff into (kayfabe) retirement and legitimately broke the back of jobber Joe Thurman, causing him to become paralyzed for a few hours, in the following weeks.

3. Vader annihilates Cactus Jack at Halloween Havoc:

[youtube]lroeFjXK4co[/youtube]
[youtube]bm7N2MmYC5w[/youtube]

4. Vader takes Sting apart for the World Championship:

[youtube]Gib2fomToGc[/youtube]

I am still looking for Vader's "White Castle of Fear" Strap match win over Sting as well.

Vader will annihilate Austin and that's that. People, PLEASE don't allow a catch phrase to upend a legend. I like Austin, I swear I do. But this is Big Van Vader. He doesn't lose this match to Austin. And the thought that "Vader wasn't meant to go over someone like Austin" is total bullshit. Vader wen over the Stings, the Flairs, the Simmons, the Bulldogs of the world many times over. He kicked out of Hogan's leg drop at a one-count. Just watch these matches - the man personified brutality!

Wrong wrong wrong.

Please tell me about some of Austin's great brawling moments. He hit The Rock with a chair a few times. He buried the Undertaker. He took out Booker T in a Supermarket by hittinh him with bags of flour. Excuse me if I don't sport an erection.

Austin vs Angle-Summerslam '01
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlpbx_wwe-kurt-angle-vs-steve-austin-sc_sport
Austin vs HHH- No way out '01
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4k5j6_3-stages-of-hell-austin-vs-triple-h_sport (part 1, the other 2 are by the same user)

They are the 2 that really stand out in my mind, of the perfect examples of Austins brutality and all of them showed that he was more than just a gimmick seriously the guy was a great brawler, one of the best. Espcially if you consider how much mobility and agility Austin lost after his injury. Watch these and tell me he isn't a good brawler, his whole run during '01 both as a face and a heel is soo underated because of the shadow of the alliance storyline. Austin played the psychotic, paranoid, sadistic mentalist perfectly. Almost as good as Austin/Mcmahon seriously.

I always give this match credit whenever I list Austins best matches, as it shows truely what Austin was capable of had he not been injured. I know its not as relevent as the others given the match type, but its one of my favourite matches.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmdvn_steve-austin-vs-dustin-rhodes-1091_street

^^Austin played his brawler character greatly, I'll give you that. He took an amazing amount of punishment from Bret Hart at Wrestlemania and still wouldn't tap out, he dished out punishment to the Rock in two awesome no dq matches, and he went through that brutal 3 stages of hell match with Triple H. With that said Vader, in his prime, was down right scary.

Big Van Vader destroyed some of wrestlings all time greats. Sting, Foley, Flair, and even became the first (and I think only) man to kick out of Hogan's leg drop at a one count. Austin was a great brawler, amoungst many, but Vader was an unstoppable monster. Bottom line, he's bigger, stronger, faster, and more deadly. Austin has hit a major roadblock on the way to the finals and I do not think he should pass.

I had to go with vader here. Austin can hit vader with everythign he has, and more than likely probably will, but he jsut doesn't have enough here. IC is right, vader is a freak. Ive seen him before, and he scared the lliving hell out of me. He's a monster, and this is a monster's match. Austin keeps it going for a long time, but eventually gets flattened for the loss.

Ok, let's start with the Austin vs Angle SummerSlam match. I am not sure why you'd post this trying to prove Austin as a brawler. I mean, it was an AWESOME match. One of the better title matches of the last 10 years. But if you are hanging Austin's hopes of outbrawling Big Van Vader on this match, you're insane.

Austin's brawling in this match consisted of lots of punches, a low blow to a referee, running Angle into a post, and knocking two other referees out. Otherwise, it was a lot of suplexes and finishers, making it a great match, but hardly a brawl. The fact tha Angle was busted open doesn't make Austin a brawler.

3 stages of hell I can see as a fair brawl. A much better way for you to take the pro-austin crew. But I would BARELY put the 3 stages of hell match on the level as the White Castle of Fear Strap Match.

Austin vs Rhodes from 1991? Nice old school match, but again, half of it was rest and submission holds and it ended in a draw. Just because Rhodes bled a little didn't make Austin a great brawler.

It's ok that Austin is not NEAR Vader's level in this match. Austin is a great wrestler. Vader is a legend both in the US and Japan.

Here is Vader decimating "El Gigante" known better to US Wrestlers as "The Giant Gonzales:

[youtube]IjMDZIcRn9k&feature=related[/youtube]

Ok, so now enjoy watching Vader fold Antonio Inoki in half - he could have gotten into an overhead suitcase - with a brutal German Suplex:

[youtube]oJEjuWuBguE&feature=related[/youtube]

Have fun with this one. Vader vs Cactus Jack, featuring the infamous Power Bomb on the concrete which forced Cactus into hiatus. The concussion was totally legit, just read Mick's book. BRUTAL.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/cactus-jack-vs-big-van-vader-the-rematch/3119827613

Vader in 20 minutes. Do the right thing.

IC you are SERIOUSLY underrating Stone Cold. First off, Austin's real prime was before he got injured and turned into a brawler in the late 90s, Austin's prime was when he and Ricky Steamboat were stealing the show every time they went out and fought in WCW in the early to mid 90s.

Also, you really can't make a logical argument that Austin can't beat someone. Because he's beaten everyone. The only person Austin hasn't beaten is Hogan, and they've never had a match. If Andre the Giant were still wrestling, guaranteed Austin would've beat him. Seriously, there is no argument that can be made to try and say that Austin "couldn't" beat someone. Because he could. One way or another, Austin almost always won.

Besides, I've seen this match already. Austin won it.

(I can already see how angry IC will become from this post)

IC you are SERIOUSLY underrating Stone Cold. First off, Austin's real prime was before he got injured and turned into a brawler in the late 90s, Austin's prime was when he and Ricky Steamboat were stealing the show every time they went out and fought in WCW in the early to mid 90s.

Also, you really can't make a logical argument that Austin can't beat someone. Because he's beaten everyone. The only person Austin hasn't beaten is Hogan, and they've never had a match. If Andre the Giant were still wrestling, guaranteed Austin would've beat him. Seriously, there is no argument that can be made to try and say that Austin "couldn't" beat someone. Because he could. One way or another, Austin almost always won.

Besides, I've seen this match already. Austin won it.

(I can already see how angry IC will become from this post)

xfear, my blood was boiling at you the moment I saw your blasphemous vote for Austin. An I am not "under rating" Austin. I just don't think he's near the brawler or the monster Vader is, and has no business beating him when primes are taken into account.

You mention Austin's prime was when he and Steamboat "stole the show" in the early 90's? Ok, I agree. I LOVED those matches. They were for the US Title, while Vader, Sting, and Flair were battling for the World Title, because Austin and Steamboat weren't in that main event league. Austin was awesome in WCW in the early and mid-90's. But he sure was no brawler. And he wouldn't be able to go over Vader in a brutal match like this.

Austin can beat anyone. But not Vader in this type of match. I love Austin, I really do, but in a hardcore style Monster's Ball, Vader would take out anybody. Austin or otherwise. The proof is in the history - Vader has made a legendary career over destroying men in hardcore atmospheres. He's unbelievable.

Here's a point I neglected to make: Vader has worked TNA before, Austin has not. Vader understands the 6-sided ring, Austin does not. Most of Vader's most devistating moves involve ropes and turnbuckles. Now, Vader has 6 of them instead of 4. I see this match ending at 23 minutes with Vader hitting his springing splash on Austin through a table. I will give Austin a kick out from the powerbomb, but he won't go over the Mastadon.

Catch phrases won't save Austin from this man in this match. Sorry, Austin fans.

I don't think I can really add much to this - IC has made the best pro-Vader points and with Angle heading out he's got my full backing to rip RVD's little bastard head off. The man is a fucking monster. We're not even talking Abyss level monster, Abyss needs weapons, Vader himself is a weapon. If Abyss is, say, an 8 out of 10,on the monster scale, Vader is a 16. He's a man of mass destruction and should be outlawed, especially after what he's about to do to Austin. This match was made for Vader. And it pains me to say it, because I really prefer Austin.

I voted for Austin, Vader will probably lose stamina much more quickly than Austin in this because of the 24 hour lockdown. After Vader loses stamina, Austin then got a golden chance to nail him with every weapon in sight to weaken the beast. Austin also got a quick and deadly finisher which can even be used on giants, the Stunner, to help get the hard fought victory. Austin wins with the Stunner in 22 minutes, but he may never be the same again.

Man, what a freaking match. I think these two have only met twice, once in a Fatal Four way, and the other a double DQ finish on Raw (shocking finish huh).

I'm a big Austin fan, not as big as most, but I appreciate the entire body of work as opposed to the catch phrase swinging, vehicle destroying Austin. I enjoyed the in ring portion of Austin's career. I certainly think he is capable of beating Vader, but don't think he will beat Vader.

This match is custom groomed to piss you off, and that's the last thing you want Vader to be. Sure, he hasn't ate, slept or drank in 24 hours, so how would that exatly benefit Austin? Vader would see Austin as nothing more then a giant obstacle on his way to the buffet table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back