• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General WrestleMania XXIV Discussion

S

SiciliazMan85

Which championship do you think should headline WM 23?

i think it should be Cena/Michaels. even tho Michaels is my favorite wrestler of all time for some reason this match strikes me as more entertaining...i kno that Batista/Undertaker has more meaning to it, i just have a feeling that Cena/HBK will be more edge of the seat/eye-popping/i cant believe that just happend kinda match. kinda like the Angle/Michaels match of WM 21 now that was a fukin match...i have a feeling Cena/HBK will be kinda like that, but only cuz HBK is gonna carry Cena all the way thru and he'll make it sooooo much better.

opinions/comments everyone welcome!

Man you're out of your gourd if you think that Cena could be involved in any kind of eye popping classic match like Michaels v. Angle at WM21, no offense. I mean, I'm sure HBK will deliver because he always delivers at Wrestlemania no matter what, year after year. Don't expect even HBK to be able to carry Cena though. I don't think anyone could carry Cena.

I think personally they should have it be Taker vs. Batista in the main event, after all, isn't the point of winning the Royal Rumble that it guarantees you in the main event of Wrestlemania?

Either way this years main event is going to be worse than Bam Bam vs. LT at WM11.

Man you're out of your gourd if you think that Cena could be involved in any kind of eye popping classic match like Michaels v. Angle at WM21, no offense. I mean, I'm sure HBK will deliver because he always delivers at Wrestlemania no matter what, year after year. Don't expect even HBK to be able to carry Cena though. I don't think anyone could carry Cena.

I think personally they should have it be Taker vs. Batista in the main event, after all, isn't the point of winning the Royal Rumble that it guarantees you in the main event of Wrestlemania?

Either way this years main event is going to be worse than Bam Bam vs. LT at WM11.

lol, im sorry man, when you said Cena couldnt be involved in an eye-popping match and no-one can carry Cena that was just too funny, although very tru but hilarious and i couldnt contain myself...but yea ur rite no-one can carry Cena but the only reason im even slightly interested in WM 23 is cuz im hoping Cena FINALLY losing the damn title.

now that i realized wat i did...which is put the words Cena and eye-popping/entertaining/edge of the seat in the same sentence im gonna get lots of heat from the WZ fans, so lets not focus on the part i wrote and lets just get back to the original question.

The last match will obviously be Taker/Batista, because its the only world title match whose outcome has been decided.At this point,there's no evidence that HBK will be put over at WM23.It would screwup the whole night if the end it with Cena winning.

Most likely cena/hbk look at last year rey won the rumble but his match was like 4 matches before the last match between hhh and cena and because of cenas "controversial" match last year expect him to take main event slot again hopefully it wont be a repeat off last year although i have to say 2 minutes into the match i was rootin for cena but this its hbk all the way they'v bn shruggin him off from gettin the title for too long.

Also xfearsbefore and siciliazman in case you didnt notice at last years wrestlemania most off the people were off their seats anxiously waiting for the outcome off the match and as for no one can carry cena i think hhh done a pretty good job and hbk/angle at taboo tuesday i think it was 2 years back in triple threat and not to mention the only reason cena is hated is bcoz hes held the title for so long but i dont think hes a bad wrestler in fact it was coz of the fans that cena got the title off jbl in the first place

i hate cena

but if people think cena is hated because of title reign its wrong
he held it for half a year and their were other people who held it way longer than that like

hogan - 4yrs
bob blackblung - 8yr
hart in wcw - 2yr
goldberg - wcw 4yr undefeated streak

and many more i didnt say

so as u can see most of them werent rebeled against
so its another reason i beleive its because he got a big push so fast and while people who were here like kane for 11 years worked there ass off and he won the title at the p.p.v and lost it one day later on monday night raw....

shame

i hope Cena wins. I dont wants Michaels to win, only to lose it less than a month later. I see Michaels as DX, not as a WWE Champion. i dont care how the Undertaker Batista match goes. I am always entertained with Cena, so I hope he is the main event, and that he wins.

Let HBK win and BURN THE HELL out of that damn spinner belt once and for all!!!!! Send that damn thing back to hell where it came from. That stupid belt has been nothing but poison to pro wrestling. The second that the WWE title became that cursed thing, that's what lead to the WWE crumbling before our eyes.

While HBK losing to Cena will be bad, Taker losing to Batista will be even worse. Cena is just bad in the ring period. Nobody could possibly put him over. You even put him against Triple H and Kurt Angle, the best, and even they couldn't put Cena over.

Taker's streak coming to an end at mania would be a disaster. Batista hasn't been good since his matches against Triple H. He did have a fairly decent match with the late Eddie Guerrero but that was about it. Taker and HBK both need to come out on top if the WWE wants to save face. I mean wasn't it bad enough when Cena and Triple H finished mania and that match was complete crap.

We can't risk back to back crappy wrestlemanias. Thats why I'm not taking the chance and skipping it.

I agree Takers win streak is the only real thing about wrestling. I already know hbk wont beat cena i mean who really will beat cena? and if hbk wins then DX is dead cause you know triple h will be pissed. if they let a fake muscle head like batista end takers tradition then wwe can stick it. they been screwing taker over for years. how you gonna be in the wwe 17 years and only have 4 wwe titles i mean come on.

I agree Takers win streak is the only real thing about wrestling. I already know hbk wont beat cena i mean who really will beat cena? and if hbk wins then DX is dead cause you know triple h will be pissed. if they let a fake muscle head like batista end takers tradition then wwe can stick it. they been screwing taker over for years. how you gonna be in the wwe 17 years and only have 4 wwe titles i mean come on.

TBH: You may have failed to realize that HBK has been there just as long..and he ONLY has 4 titles...just like 'Taker. HBK is going over. I'm not 100% sure, but it will most likely happen. HHH is not as bad as you make him out to be..He wants HBK to win and chances are, He IS winning..Wouldn't it look good if both legends won? Or would you rather see John Cena and The Undertaker win?

your so right big ace i knew hbk had been there just as long but forgot about the 4 titles to. well see wwe dont know how to treat its talent at all. they been screwing taker and hbk over for years. they jock cena,hhh,hogan,austin,and the rock. but guys like kane only get a 23 hour title reign and not one other wwe title holding since. and taker nor shawn really held the belt for longer than six months.

I want Taker to win no doubt and HBK winning would be awesome but when was the last time 2 world titles changed hands in one ppv

Wrestlemania 21 Cena and Batista won the WWE and World Titles.

I think taker goes over batista, cena goes over hbk at mania, but then wins the wwe title at backlash, that way taker keeps his streak, cena proves he can beat hbk, but hbk still gets the deserved run with the title.

Difference is that taker still has it. Mark i should say. Shawn Hickenbottom is over the hill and was overrated his whole career in my opinion to begin with. I always thought marty janetty was the talent and true wrostler in the rockers after all... That being said, what is good ol hbgay's wrestlemania record? This punk has the nerve to call himself mr. wrestlmeania and his record is something like 1-6 all-time including a host of embarrassing losses. Mark (Taker) on the other hand is unmdefeated and will remain undefeated after he turns batista heel and takes that belt that never belonged around the fake warrior's waste to begin with. I wish cena and hbgay would both lose and get fired, the title belt belongs in the trash it has been disgraced as long as it has by johnny-no-talent.... ... One guy is over the hill and was never that great to begin with (HBGay) the other is quite possibly the worst "wrestler" posing as a "champion" known to wrestling in the last few decades... Lemme see here, I hate them both, so I don't care who wins... I would rather see Kenny Dykstra,Shelton Benjamin,Carlito,Johnny Nitro, or Melina, Victoria, or Mickey James as the champ over cena or hbgay...

Difference is that taker still has it. Mark i should say. Shawn Hickenbottom is over the hill and was overrated his whole career in my opinion to begin with. I always thought marty janetty was the talent and true wrostler in the rockers after all... That being said, what is good ol hbgay's wrestlemania record? This punk has the nerve to call himself mr. wrestlmeania and his record is something like 1-6 all-time including a host of embarrassing losses. Mark (Taker) on the other hand is unmdefeated and will remain undefeated after he turns batista heel and takes that belt that never belonged around the fake warrior's waste to begin with. I wish cena and hbgay would both lose and get fired, the title belt belongs in the trash it has been disgraced as long as it has by johnny-no-talent.... ... One guy is over the hill and was never that great to begin with (HBGay) the other is quite possibly the worst "wrestler" posing as a "champion" known to wrestling in the last few decades... Lemme see here, I hate them both, so I don't care who wins... I would rather see Kenny Dykstra,Shelton Benjamin,Carlito,Johnny Nitro, or Melina, Victoria, or Mickey James as the champ over cena or hbgay...

Whoa, buddy, I didn't realize that you and the Undertaker were on a first name basis with eachother. Either that or you fancy yourself a bit of a smarkass. Either way, you're entitled to your own opinion, even if it's wrong. See Shawn Micheals is 5 and 8 at wrestlemania, he calls himself Mr. WrestleMania not because he has the best win/loss record, but because he seems to almost always have the match of the night. Case in point - see Manias 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, and 21. All match of the night and 4 of them were match of the year worthy. Like him or not, over the hill or not, Shawn Michaels IS Mr. WreslteMania, as far as pure match quality goes. Now I have nothing against the Undertaker, he is awesome and honestly I think he's at his best in the ring right now at 45 years old (3 years older than the Over the hill Shawn Micheals I might add). I really do hope Undertaker .vs. Batista goes on last as he did win the Royal Rumble and it certainly means more sentamentaly then Cena .vs. Micheals.
As far as Cena goes, everyone seems to be anti-Cena, which I get, but the dude works his ass off night in a night out. No he's not the most technically gifted wrestler, but neither is Batista, and I don't see many people ragging on Batista in this thread. Bottem line is, Micheals always has amzing matches at Mania, and Cena works as hard out there as anybody to have entertaining matches. They wont have a 5 star classic, this wont be Savage/Steamboat, but it wont be Taker/Gonzolaz either. It will be Cenas best Mania match, and with the exception of the ladder match, it will probably be match of the night. I do see Cena winning this match, with HBK going over in a rematch at Backlash. Undertaker/Batista will not be as good bell to bell, but it means more and should be the Main Event. Closing the show with The Undertaker winning his 5th Championship and reamaining undefeated would be a wrestlemania moment worthy of ending the show on. Where in my opinion the last 2 WrestleManias did not close with that feeling.

But thats just my opinion....hence the right one!

Cena-Batista-Lashley couldn't put on more than a 1 star snooze match if their lives depended on it. AndHBGay will never be Mr. Wrestlemania because he ha slost most of his matches, embarrassing ones at that. He is over the hill, overrrated, and his ego is still as big as texas as it was when he started out in the business years ago. He is not deserving of a championship at this stage, but john cena is not even deserving of working in the wwe or any credible wrestling company let alone being a champion of any kind. Neither is batista for that matter. I will give Lashley some time, he may have some potential, but right now he isn't showing much... The only thing remotely great about Shawn Hickenbottom is his big mouth and larger than life charisma and personna, which was of mcmahonnican's creation anyway back in the day... As far as wrestling is concerned he needs to stick to managing or commentary, or promoting, not main eventing pay per views. Think about it, 2 out of the 4 participants in the 2 main events (Cena-Batista) do not eve nbelong in the same ring as their opponents and honestly couldn't even shine Takers' or HBGay's shoes on their worst night... Yet they hype this crap like it's something special. The only smarks out there are the ones wasting their money and faith on this upcoming ppv. You will be let down, as usual...

I get the sickening feeling that Cena will retain again.....for whatever reason Vince loves him too much. Plus it doesnt help that the other legitimate contenders on the RAW roster (Edge, Orton) consistently look bad against Cena, so the main reason Im rooting for HBK is that he will be a good transitional champ should they decide to give the title to whoever prevails in the upcoming Edge/Orton feud.

Batista is a little more interesting. Hes been getting a lot of heat backstage at the tapings, and we all know that Taker is a respected veteran. Im sure that Taker has a LOT of say in whether or not his streak ends, but would he risk looking bad to a lot of the boys backstage doing Vince a favor and putting Batista over? Taker should keep his streak alive, but part of me worries that he will be too much of a 'company man' and strongly consider doing the J.O.B.

I'll be there on Sunday, I just hope that Vince does the right thing and let both title change hands. Cause I doubt that the fans will like it too much if either Shawn or Taker lose.

TheJRod2006, you're going to WrestleMania? Can you please do me a favor? Get a huge sign sayin': "IF BATISTA WINS WE RIOT" please!!!!!!

TheJRod2006, you're going to WrestleMania? Can you please do me a favor? Get a huge sign sayin': "IF BATISTA WINS WE RIOT" please!!!!!!

I am way ahead of you there my friend, I'll be there and the sign is already made. As far as this goes, I hope to see both titles change hands, but more importantly the one around Batista's waist. If he wins I will throw anything and everything near me at him, I really would care less if I get tossed out, unless that match is before the Money in the Bank, but it won't be so no worries!

My guess is that cena will win. I hope not, i'd much rather see HBK win. But I can't imagine them having a lot of titles change hands in one night, and we know that benoit is going to lose to mvp so he can go over to raw.

If it wasn't wrestlemania, i would say that batista would probably retain the championship, which could open the door for HBK to win. But since it is wrestlemania, I can't imagine them deciding to have undertaker's streak broken by batista. So because of that streak i'm assuming that undertaker will win, which likely means cena will retain his championship.

Ive been a die hard WWF/WWE fan for 15 years ! and I can honestley say if Taker loses his streak to Goldberg oops I mean The Ultimate Warrior oops I mean Fagtista I will never watch WWE again . You can then consider me a TNA fan !!

I think Cena will likely beat HBK, Lahley is obviously going to beat UMaga as far as i can see, I hope taker will beat Batista but your guess is as good as mine- it seems to be going Batisita's way from the rumours on the internet, Khali will beat Kane because Kane is taking time off, MITB will be won by eithe Edge or Kennedy- id love finly to win but hes not over enough.., Melina will retain over Ashley, MVP Benoit is the only match with realll potential but it depends how MVP wrestles i think they might be considering giving him the title but i think Benoit will retain unless they are going to push him in the heavyweight title picture which seems unlikely. I would also like to say where the hell is Helms?! the guy has become awsome in the ring but isnt even on the card! :(

i hate cena

but if people think cena is hated because of title reign its wrong
he held it for half a year and their were other people who held it way longer than that like

hogan - 4yrs
bob blackblung - 8yr
hart in wcw - 2yr
goldberg - wcw 4yr undefeated streak

and many more i didnt say

so as u can see most of them werent rebeled against
so its another reason i beleive its because he got a big push so fast and while people who were here like kane for 11 years worked there ass off and he won the title at the p.p.v and lost it one day later on monday night raw....

shame

Damn Straight! Kane deserves the title for a good 5 months. I think he can headline WrestleMania. He deserves so much more.

I know this is very early, but it is always good to have a WM Thread in advance.

So, will there be any Gimmick matches? Who will go into it as brand champions? Discuss and keep it all in here.

Happy posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back