General ROH Spam Thread

I ask this to fans of both teams; Time Splitters or Motor City Machine Guns?

I haven't seen a Time Splitters match yet (YouTube recommendations?), but MCMG were one of the last reasons that I was watching TNA.

I ask this to fans of both teams; Time Splitters or Motor City Machine Guns?

I haven't seen a Time Splitters match yet (YouTube recommendations?), but MCMG were one of the last reasons that I was watching TNA.

I'll be honest, I prefer The Splitters as a team, and I have always been a huge MCMG mark.

Although they were great as a team instantly it did take KUSHIDA and Shelley time to develop the kind of chemistry that Shelley had with Sabin, but it came together at a rapid pace and eventually they displayed the exact type of synchronicity that made the Guns so special.

It really comes down to this- while he is still a great worker with awesome heel instincts, the knee injuries have zapped Sabin of most of his speed and explosion, and nagging injuries have also taken a bit of toll on Shelley as well. The Guns just aren't the dynamic combo that they once were, and honestly the Time Splitters may have surpassed the level as a team that the Guns were even at their height. Essentially the difference is KUSHIDA who is simply a far superior worker to either Machine Gun at this point, couple that with The Splitters proving to have the same type of obvious team chemistry that the Guns had, and The Splitters take the argument.

I would love to see all three work as a team in six man encounters(the Time Machine Guns?), I bet they would be a well oiled thing of beauty from day one.

As for a match recommendation, here's a great one from last year's Dominion, perhaps on the short list of best IWGP Jr. Heavyweight tag title matches ever(seriously):

CIwS8dFUsAEgueI.jpg

Although they have pulled the announcement already, Aries versus Nakamura is apparently rumored to be happening in Vegas next Friday. Doubt its real so close to the G1, but:

If this is real- Holy Fucking Shit. Mind... Blown... WOW

Also Edit:

Killer Elite Squad vs. War Machine has been added to Field of Honor along with the Strong/Okada announced match. Good luck to NXT coming with anything even in the same universe as what ROH is gonna turn out that night.

Although they have pulled the announcement already, Aries versus Nakamura is apparently rumored to be happening in Vegas next Friday. Doubt its real so close to the G1, but:

If this is real- Holy Fucking Shit. Mind... Blown... WOW

I heard about that, the fact that it got pulled makes me wonder if they're going to have one of those two replace Roderick in the ME.

Poster is just a placeholder too. Last years one for SCOH was released with Elgin on it as champion, no Liger, Joe, etc, and then of course when the show happened it had Briscoe as champion, Liger and Joe on it. Just for promotional reasons.

So ROH just announced on Twitter that Willie Mack will debut and face Silas Young!

Hope Willie has a show stealing match. Card is pretty stacked, especially the main event, so hes fighting against that but if he can then surely they'll have to bring him back.

How's Roderick Strong as a face? He's really stepped up his heel game this year in terms of almost causing a fucking riot that one time.

How's Roderick Strong as a face? He's really stepped up his heel game this year in terms of almost causing a fucking riot that one time.

I'm seeing a lot of people say this but I think the general consensus is, this is the best Roddy's ever been in every single department.

He's having incredible match after incredible match, his matches with Tanahashi and Nakamura were both ****+, if anyone deserved to make the G1 off of performances alone it should have been him and ROH are apparently trying their hardest to get NJPW to use him because he has the whole "Mr. ROH" gimmick going now.

As for his persona, again, the Mr. ROH thing is what has him so over right now I think. He'd one of the biggest pops at BITW, he'd the biggest on last weeks show, he's consistently getting big pops nowadays. I think fans really like him right now because hes kind of earned everyones respect because everyone knows hes been in ROH so long. He's like The Briscoes but without the bad press Jay got them a couple of years ago so Roddy's squeaky clean, stalwart of the company.

Sidenote: I think Strong is a great example of how important good entrance music is. His entrance theme even if hes a heel is something you kind of want to lose your shit to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back