General Draft Discussion

I would make the following changes in regards to an upcoming draft:

From Raw to Smackdown:
Shawn Michaels
I think this guy has done everything he can on Raw and there is nobody left to have a good feud with. I don't really want to see him tangle with HHH, Orton or Cena again anytime soon. Long term I see him mixing it up with Edge, Batista, Jericho (see later) and renewing a classic feud with Undertaker (HBK v Taker at WM25 anyone?)

Chris Jericho
I also think Y2J should make the move as well. He is lost in the shuffle on Raw and I just don't see it happening there for him. I would like HBK v Jericho feud on Smackdown, I'd also like Jericho to be in title programme with Taker. Give him a higher profile on Smackdown.

Umaga
Also a change of scenery and new opponents. Umaga v Taker would also be good I think, as would Umaga v Edge. I'm torn whether to have him as a face or heel though.

Big Show
I think he's currently a Raw guy. In which case, move him to Smackdown. I'd like to see him mix it up with Batista, who I'd turn heel to give his character a change. Keep Big Show as a bad-ass face, I think.

Kendrick & London
I'd give these guys a change of scene and move them back to Smackdown where they'd be more suited.

Hardcore Holly
Have Holly turn heel on Cody Rhodes and move him to Smackdown, or even ECW. He'd make a great nasty bad-ass stiff bastard, really living up to his 'hardcore' name sake, rather than a dull, generic face charcater on raw.

From Smackdown to Raw
CM Punk
He'd be good making a permanent move to Raw, though I'd keep him as a face. I envisage feuds with Mr Kennedy (upon his return) and later with Randy Orton, William Regal, maybe even HHH.

MVP
I'd have MVP to eventually lose the US belt to Matt Hardy which would facilitate a move to Raw. (I'm thinking a ladder match as a stipulation - a Hardy speciality - and the stakes are raised whereby he says 'if I lose I quit'. he loses, but only quits Smackdown... turning up at Raw the following Monday. I think he's a great characater and would shine on Raw. Love the cocky heel character, though possibly a face turn in the more distant future?

Kane
Once again a change around for Kane, though after he drops the ECW title down the line.
Again, I'm torn about whether to keep him face or go back to a sadistic heel character. He's not doing anything of note on Smackdown/ECW, I think he should be used better.

Mark Henry
Here's another guy who has nothing left to do on Smackdown. How about a run on Raw some time in the future against Cena or HHH. I don't like the guy much but I think these two examples might work. I wouldn't have him in the main event on a long term basis though!!

Shelton Benajmin & Elijah Burke
To Raw, as a tag team. Though make them solid and the tag belts are theirs.

Deuce & Domino
Again I don't like these guys, though I think a change could be good with their character-based gimmicks suiting Raw quite well.

this is what i would do and it would be PIMP. i'll first start off with the big name changes. my goal is to make smackdown similar to the attitude era, ECW more extreme and give it a bigger push, while RAw still maintaining the A brand status.

From Raw to Smackdown:

Jeff Hardy - Always has been on raw since the first draft like 5 years ago. Going to Smackdown would open up exciting new feuds and give him a bigger push he needs and deserves.

Randy Orton - trade batista for orton since orton no longer holds the title. batista is boring as the top dawg on SD and could make a bigger impact on raw. meanwhile orton is better for storylines which would be great for SD. would like to see undertaker/ orton fued for title again.

Super Crazy- high flyer doing nothing on raw. his talent would be needed and apprciated on SD. i'd like to see him form a tag team with mysterio.

Chris Jericho - Another guy whose only been on raw. one the best wrestlers wwe has and he hasnt been doing shit on raw cuz he's dryed up there.

Shawn Michaels - he's been feuding with every mutha fuck on raw and he needs new fights. bringing him to the SD mix would bring back some of the attitude era to the show.

Hardcore Holly - split on that little loser cody rhodes and go to smackdown to return to hardcore/badass ways. also adding a little more attitude added to smackdown. i see him having sweet hardcore battles with finlay or something?

From Smackdown/ECW to RAW

Batista - traded for orton. boring on smackdown. needs big push. would be better on raw.

CM Punk - works the best on raw since winning MITB.

MVP - ready for a bigger push.

Bobby Lashley - would tough main event competition lost with HBK and Y2J going to SD!

Chuck Palumbo- no point on SD! Form a tag team on Raw

Big Daddy V - Replacing Umaga on Raw

ECW gets...

Mr. Kennedy - needs a little push and would have ECW at his mercy.

Khali - failure on SD! and Raw. Ecw is the only fit cuz the freaks work good over there.

Umaga - Needs to get off raw. big push on ECW for him while helping the young talent develop.

Jamie Noble - Light up cruiserweight division

Shannon Moore - Cruiserweight Division

Funaki - Crusierweight divison

* These are the big name changes i would make. I would also switch up the tag team divisons, move the cruiserweight division to ecw to make it more extreme, and the women's champion should appear on all shows to ignite the diva competion. most importantly, get some of the big names the fuck out of raw so there are new feuds that we havent seen. jeff hardy, hbk, and y2j are like the only superstars to never switch shows!

Here are the ways i would shake up the tag team divison i would move....

To Smackdown:

Cryme Tyme
Shelton Benjamin and Haas (reform tag team)

also i'd....

Reform hardy boyz
Have Super Crazy and Rey Mysterio tag together
Have Chavo and Edge tag
Give Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins a push when the time comes

To ECW:

Brian Kendrick and Paul London
Jesse and Festus
Colin Delhany and Cody Rhodes

To Raw:

Deuce and Domino
John Morrison and Miz
Matt Striker and Mike Knox (give them a better push on raw)

So after my extreme wwe draft shake-up for 2008, here are the new rosters:

Main Raw Superstars Goal to maintain A brand status)

Batista
Big Daddy V
Bobby Lashley
Carlito
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
DH Smith
Deuce
Domino
Jim Duggan
JBL
Jerry the King
John Cena
John Morrison
J.R.
Matt Striker
Mike KNox
The Miz
MVP
Paul Burchill
Robby Mcallister
Ron Simmons
Rory mCallister
Santino Marella
Snitsky
Triple H
Val Venis
Vince
WIlliam Regal

Main Smackdown! superstars (goal to achieve attitude era feel again)

Big Show
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Jericho
Curt Hawkins
Edge
Finlay
Hardcore Holly
Jeff Hardy
JTG
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Mick Foley
Michael Cole
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Super Crazy
Theodore Long
Undertaker
Zack Ryder

main ECW superstars (goal to get push and get a little extreme again)

Armando Estrada
Bam Neely
Boogeyman
Brian Kendrik
Chody Rodes
Colin Delhaney
Elijah Burke
Festus
Funaki
Jamie Noble
Jesse
Kane
Khali
Kofi Kingston
Mr. kennedy
Nunzio
Paul London
Shannon Moore
Steven Richards
Taz
Tommy Dreamer
Umaga

here are just a few storyline ideas off the top of my head with the new and improved rosters...

Smackdown:

get rid of ecw title. unite it with world heavyweight title in a champion vs champion match kane vs undertaker. make kane a badass heel again and some dark storylines. i think the unified title should be the newer wwe titlebelt since john cena's belt is the new wwe championship raw. it's a cool belt that isn't around anymore so it should be the smackdown belt rather then the lame wcw belt.

Randy Orton looks for title shot after losing to triple h on raw. starts up epic feud with undertaker again.

bring back the hardy boyz! tag team division heats up with hardyz, cryme tyme, edgeheads, haas and benjamin, and the new team of mysterio and super crazy.

shawn michaels heel turn.

edge and randy orton come together in feud against undertaker. they form the "Rated R" stable with other smackdown heels

long hardcore feuds between superstars such as finaly, hardcore holly, mark henry, big show, hbk, jericho

what cha all think?

I would like to see a combination of last year's model with the "GM prospect" method.

For example, say there's a limited amount of draft choices...roughly...15? Idk, let's just use that as a number. All three General Managers...or maybe other people, depending on how they want to do it, as I can't see Regal being fair in this storyline he's in...they are told that there will be 15 matches (triple threat if you use ECW as its own brand, one-on-one if you go with the talent exchange, which would be better in my opinion).

Now, those in charge have to choose the representatives of their brand in who they feel will defeat the other people...similar to the "brand supremacy" angle at WrestleMania this year. Miz is chosen as one of the representatives for Smackdown/ECW, Kennedy is a representative of Raw. The two of them face off, Kennedy wins, Raw gets a draft choice. Then, the GM or whoever chose Kennedy and the rest of the lineup, chooses who they want to come over to Raw.

That gives you a combination of action (the matches to determine the people who get the choices) as well as a feel of a legitimate lust for some certain wrestlers. It also gives you the opportunity to have a lot of your top stars on the 3 hour show, pleasing lots of fans as they get to see rare match-ups like HBK versus MVP, Orton versus Kane, blah blah blah.

Well, McMahon made it official tonight. June 23rd = 2008 WWE Draft.

As some things have changed recently as far as the structure of the WWE goes (such as Orton losing the title), some updated predictions:

TO RAW:
1. Edge, Hawkins, Ryder - Banished from Smackdown by/due to Vickie.
2. Elijah Burke - To tag team with Ron Killings and fill in the midcard, as Smackdown and ECW already have Shelton and MVP.
3. CM Punk - Supposedly they want this. Hopefully, if that's the case, he turns heel and replaces Kennedy's heel spot (since he's going to stay face).

TO SMACKDOWN or ECW
1. Umaga - No elaboration needed.
2. D.H. Smith - Unless Natalya moves over to Raw, which she might, as Melina just turned face, effectively.
3. Jeff Hardy - With Punk possibly going over to Raw, Jericho as IC champ, HBK/HHH/Cena going nowhere, Hardy could move to Smackdown easily and be in the main event. This is the perfect spot for him to have some change of pace and a test-run with a world title. Unfortunately, if Edge moves over, he misses out on a feud.
4. Lance Cade - Can't see him staying on Raw, but he might.
5. Randy Orton - Possibility, but maybe not. Idk, it all depends. He's run out of feuds on Raw, though.

Unless they're going to do away with the Smackdown/ECW talent exchange with this Heat/ECW switch, I don't see many people moving from Smackdown to ECW or ECW to Smackdown, as its unnecessary. For instance, why bother moving Morrison or Miz to Smackdown if they're already the tag champs, when that would just waste a draft pick and they can just move them over anyway?

Heres how the 2008 draft is gonna go down...

Shawn Michaels (raw) for Edge (smackdown) - Edge has had too many shots at the World Heavyweight Championship, give Shawn Michaels a go!

Randy Orton (raw) for MVP and Finlay (smackdown) - BEcause Orton's done enough on Raw.

Kane (ECW) for Umaga (raw) - Cause Umaga will go ape @#$! on ECW!

Kofi Kingston and Shelton Benjamin (ECW) for Jesse and Festus (smackdown) - Maybe...

The Great Khali (smackdown) for Elijah Burke (ecw) - Khali needs some new rivals like the Miz and Morrison or Colin Delaney.

CM punk will cash in his Money in the Bank on smackdown and become champ

Here is what I'd like to see....

From Raw to SmackDown!/ECW
Haas - Supposedly, SmackDown! is the "wrestling" show, whereas Raw is the "entertainment" show.....so, why not put the wrestler on the wrestling show? He could be a great contender for the US Title....so long as he drops the mask gimmick
DH Smith - See above. We haven't even seen what this kid can do yet
Cade - There's really nothing for him on Raw. I doubt he'll ever enter the IC title picture, so give him a shot at the US title
Cena - He really needs to get his face off of Raw. Futhermore, he should turn heel and feud with Batista and the like.
HBK - Nothing for him to do on Raw anymore. He's gone through basically everyone. This will freshen things up for him.
Umaga - Apparently he's supposed to feud with 'Taker.
Maria - Divas belong on SmackDown!
Jillian - See above
Candice - Ditto
Ashley - Ditto

From SmackDown!/ECW to Raw
MVP - The hottest property since Kennedy deserves to get his chance to shine on Raw
Natalya - Why a talented female wrestler like this is stuck on SmackDown!, I'll never know.
Victoria - Ditto
Mark Henry - He's got squat on SmackDown!/ECW.....put him in an enforcer-type role on Raw
Morrison - His talent is being wasted with Miz
Duece (so long as he changes his gimmick) - The son of Snuka deserves to be on Raw.

I have posted on this thread before but I have put some more thought into it as it was announced last night.

I think this Draft should really shake things up to get some fresh feuds building up for W/M 25.

RAW

GM- Vince McMahon

Male Wrestlers

Hardened Main Event- Undertaker (F), Triple H (H), Edge (H), Shawn Michaels (F)

Higher Mid- Card- Jeff Hardy (F), Big Show (F), Chris Jericho (H), JBL (H)

Mid Card/Tag Teams- CM Punk (F), The Great Khali (H), MVP (H), Cryme Tyme (F), Elijah Burke & Ron Killings (F), Carlito (H), Santino (H), Snitsky & Vladimir Kozlov (H), Ted DiBaise Jr.& Burchill (F), The Edgeheads (H)

Comedy Spot Role- Trevor Murdoch

Certified Jobbers- Funaki, Val Venis, Super Crazy

Female Wrestlers-

Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Victoria, Katie- Lea Burchill, Natalie Neidhart, Melina, Kelly Kelly, Ashley, Candice Michelle, Michelle McCool

im so exited about this after last night
Vince Mcmahon said he needed to shake things up and he always delivered on
his word when he says something like that and the way wwe has been going
im expecting some big moves heres what i think will happen
SMACKDOWN GETS
Randy Orton theres nothing left for him on RAW
Chris Jericho i realy want this to happen the possibilities are endless
Umaga this is obvious
John Morrison he's good and he need outta ECW
DH Smith they could push this guy into the us title picture

RAW gets
Batista this has to happen
MVP this would be a nice fresh start for him
Cm punk he'll contend for the i - c title
mark henry just another big guy for cena to feud with
michellle mcool because it would freshen up the womens division

ECW gets
Jeff Hardy he'd be perfect as ECW champion
William Regal it would just fit
Carlito he has nothing better to do
Chuck Palumbo just another ok guy to have
Finlay he could get a run with the ecw title

Call me the naysayer, but I fail to see the excitement in this thing anymore. The draft used to be great because it used to happen every other year. There used to be enough time that people were away from a brand that the build for a feud could grow and grow. Now, we get this every summer and oh, well you've been away from that brand for a year, so you're going back and having the same feud again.

Anyways what to expect.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels stay on Raw and the Undertaker and Kane stay on Smackdown/ECW. These guys are the aging veterans but locker room leaders.

As far as major changes go.

1. Edge to Raw. Really, no shocker here. Taker is going to get the title and Edge will go back to Raw and more then likely feud with Triple H right away, or that will be the main event of WM 25.

2. Youmanga to Smackdown. It was talked about last year, and I personally see it happening. Youmanga vs. Undertaker will probably be Smackdowns main event going into Summerslam this year.

Overall, unless something very drastic happens, I can't see much happening as far as main event players moving around. i think you will see someone like Carlito head back to Smackdown, but for the most part, Raw is going to come out strong. However, Smackdown is making a big network change this fall, so don't be surprised to see a few extra mid card guys head on over to the B Show.

LOL all these people with these huge laborious lists, and all this mayhem that will supposedly ensue. False. I agree with Big Shock, Itll probably boild down to Edge to RAW, and Umaga to SD!. If we are to belive the reports on WZ, Vince has already said Umaga is going to SD!, so that much is fairly plain. Umaga Vs Taker, and EDGE vs TRIPLE H both have money written all over them. Triple H has often spoke well of Edge, and talks about not getting to work with him as much as he would like. So I could see Edge possibly heading over there. Becuase I cant see either Edge or Taker both being on SD! after this rivalry after its over without things being awkward.I think Jericho heading to SD! would be big for them, as it would further solidify the upper mid card, and get rid of the two man shows they seem to like to run over there. I also wouldnt be suprised to see MVP get moved to RAW, as to keep with the tradition of plucking SD! top up and comers, and giving them fucking Candice Michelle or something stupid in return.

dude its time for a major wwe shake up
no one thought it was gonna happen in 2005 but they shook the roster
to its core and nows a perfect time for a major shake up and influx of new talent
Vince Mcmahon said its time for a shake up and he's right and i think its
coming both brands have got stale and Vince Mcmahon knows this
you can tell somethin has vince mcmahon shook up because the overall
product is getting better and i think he's gonna use the draft to shake it
up even more

I would like to see Jeff Hardy, Umaga and Chris Jericho jump to SD! And Matt Hardy, MVP and Rey Mysterio come to RAW. Along with the package, both the IC and US championship titles would switch brands as well. It wouldn't really be that huge of a difference, but it'll change things up a bit.

I typically try to stay away from thread like this, because its so difficult to find any positive or negative in anything. People have a general idea on who's going where, but we won't know until 4 weeks from now in San Antonio. So this is my general feeling on people going places.

John Cena: John Cena was the biggest move from Smackdown to Raw in 2005. That was 3 years ago, and he made the most of it by reigning atop that brand for practically the entire time he was there. I think its time for Cena to go back to his "roots" so to speak, and retrace his steps. With that said, I predict John Cena returning to Smackdown.

I think Smackdown would be the best place for Cena, and it makes perfect sense with the rumor of E.C.W. & Raw travelling together. If Smackdown is going to become a sole brand, then they are going to need a solid reason for people to come see them. The Undertaker is great, but by himself isn't enough. John Cena, alone, is enough for people to want to see the show. For better or worse, he still has his cult following.

Edge: Obviously if the above mentioned name takes a spot on the Blue Brand, then the top rated heel likely needs to get away from him or suffer never finding his way back to the top again. The funny thing about Edge is, he never officially should've been a Smackdown Superstar. He cashed in his MITB to defeat the Undertaker. Thats fine, but when he got injured he should've ended up back on Raw, because he was originally a Raw Superstar.

I think Edge needs a new change in where he hangs his hat. (so to speak) I see Edge making a return to Raw. The reason I think this would work best is because a Triple H. v. Edge feud is boiling, and seeing Edge against Shawn Michaels (again) isn't that bad of an option either.

Randy Orton: They could keep Orton on Raw, and move Edge over to reform Rated R.K.O.. or, they could move Randy Orton to Smackdown and allow him to rekindle his feud with the Undertaker.

I think Orton going to Smackdown, along with Cena and the remaining Undertaker would make for some tremendous old school feuds. (Not Cena/Orton, but instead Orton/Taker)

Rey Mysterio: He could be the big favorite who's currently on the Injured list to change brands. Hes also the first big name to take a "what the f*ck" type of move. A lot of people seen him going to Raw, but I think the W.W.E. can do a 180 and send him to E.C.W.

Honestly, this would be a great thing for two reasons. The first is, Raw & E.C.W. will begin travelling together soon enough (through what a rumor claims) and if thats the case, he'd still be on the Raw(ish) side of things. The other reason is because Mysterio deserves his Championship push, but he doesn't have what it truly takes to maintain the top spot on either of the main two brands. E.C.W. would be a perfect fit for him, as most of the Superstars on E.C.W. are cruiserweight size.

Umaga: There isn't a lot I can say, that hasn't already been said. Umaga going to Smackdown is what everyone is assuming, and likely what will end up happening just to give Umaga some small type of rebirth from being any type of monster, from the jobber he currently is.

Other Possibilities: While I'm not going to give proper reason for the following, I could see any of the following happening.

1. Super Crazy to E.C.W.
2. Trevor Murdoch to Smackdown
3. Kofi Kingston to Smackdown
4. John Morrison to Smackdown or Raw
5. Snitsky to E.C.W.
6. Mike Knox to Raw

I typically try to stay away from thread like this, because its so difficult to find any positive or negative in anything. People have a general idea on who's going where, but we won't know until 4 weeks from now in San Antonio. So this is my general feeling on people going places.

John Cena: John Cena was the biggest move from Smackdown to Raw in 2005. That was 3 years ago, and he made the most of it by reigning atop that brand for practically the entire time he was there. I think its time for Cena to go back to his "roots" so to speak, and retrace his steps. With that said, I predict John Cena returning to Smackdown.

I think Smackdown would be the best place for Cena, and it makes perfect sense with the rumor of E.C.W. & Raw travelling together. If Smackdown is going to become a sole brand, then they are going to need a solid reason for people to come see them. The Undertaker is great, but by himself isn't enough. John Cena, alone, is enough for people to want to see the show. For better or worse, he still has his cult following.

Edge: Obviously if the above mentioned name takes a spot on the Blue Brand, then the top rated heel likely needs to get away from him or suffer never finding his way back to the top again. The funny thing about Edge is, he never officially should've been a Smackdown Superstar. He cashed in his MITB to defeat the Undertaker. Thats fine, but when he got injured he should've ended up back on Raw, because he was originally a Raw Superstar.

I think Edge needs a new change in where he hangs his hat. (so to speak) I see Edge making a return to Raw. The reason I think this would work best is because a Triple H. v. Edge feud is boiling, and seeing Edge against Shawn Michaels (again) isn't that bad of an option either.

Randy Orton: They could keep Orton on Raw, and move Edge over to reform Rated R.K.O.. or, they could move Randy Orton to Smackdown and allow him to rekindle his feud with the Undertaker.

I think Orton going to Smackdown, along with Cena and the remaining Undertaker would make for some tremendous old school feuds. (Not Cena/Orton, but instead Orton/Taker)

Rey Mysterio: He could be the big favorite who's currently on the Injured list to change brands. Hes also the first big name to take a "what the f*ck" type of move. A lot of people seen him going to Raw, but I think the W.W.E. can do a 180 and send him to E.C.W.

Honestly, this would be a great thing for two reasons. The first is, Raw & E.C.W. will begin travelling together soon enough (through what a rumor claims) and if thats the case, he'd still be on the Raw(ish) side of things. The other reason is because Mysterio deserves his Championship push, but he doesn't have what it truly takes to maintain the top spot on either of the main two brands. E.C.W. would be a perfect fit for him, as most of the Superstars on E.C.W. are cruiserweight size.

Umaga: There isn't a lot I can say, that hasn't already been said. Umaga going to Smackdown is what everyone is assuming, and likely what will end up happening just to give Umaga some small type of rebirth from being any type of monster, from the jobber he currently is.

Other Possibilities: While I'm not going to give proper reason for the following, I could see any of the following happening.

1. Super Crazy to E.C.W.
2. Trevor Murdoch to Smackdown
3. Kofi Kingston to Smackdown
4. John Morrison to Smackdown or Raw
5. Snitsky to E.C.W.
6. Mike Knox to Raw

Cena and Mysterio bring up good points. Cena is arguably the guy with the widest range in terms of bringing in outsiders to watch the product, and if they put him on the non-cable show, he might have another surge in popularity. I keep expecting Hardy to move over to Smackdown so he can have a test-run at the main event, but they may very well move Cena instead. I can't see both going over, though.

Mysterio...I totally forgot about him lol. But that makes perfect sense for him to move to ECW. He's exhausted all of the feuds on Smackdown, for the most part, and he'll never have a run with the WHC anymore. The only weird thing is that Kane is limited in the number of feuds that he can have without looking like he's jobbing for no reason, but the opposite goes for Mysterio. He's so small that he looks out of place for many challenges as well.

I'm really glad we are going to have a draft this year. Its exactly what the WWE needed. Anyways on with my predictions...

To Raw

Batista - because he has become very stale on Smackdown and desperately needs to go to Raw for fresh feuds.

Mark Henry - simply because he could be another "monster" on Raw and could also have fresh feuds if he was booked properly.

Finlay - to elevate the up and comers on Raw e.g Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase Jr etc.

Elijah Burke - the guy needs a push and needs to get away from ECW.

Kelly Kelly - I think shes ready to switch brands and it seems the obvious choice.

To Smackdown

I fully expect Smackdown to get some big names from this draft as they desperately need main eventers especially.

Umaga - The obvious choice and I will disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Shawn Michaels - I really want this move to happen more than any other. HBK on Smackdown would be great as he's just about faced everybody on Raw and a change would be great.

CM Punk - Mr Money in the Bank needs a new home and I am strongly against him going to Raw where he will easily be forgotten about. Smackdown is a perfect place for Punk in my opinion.

John Morrison - His time is now to shine bright and I really feel that if he goes to Smackdown, he can become a main event player.

Snitsky - A Heat regular, but on Smackdown he could easily become a mid carder and in the U.S title picture.

Maria - She has ran her course on Raw so they might as well move her to Smackdown!

To ECW

Paul Birchill - The best place is ECW for Birchill. I can easily see him as a future ECW champ if he moves.

Ashley - To replace the loss of Kelly Kelly if that were to happen.

Jimmy Wang Yang - He hasn't done anything on SD and could be useful to ECW if used right.

Rey Mysterio or the Big Show - I'm not so sure about this move but I am going to predict it anyway. I'd prefer if it was Mysterio but really what would he do on ECW?? The ECW title would sorta be a step back for him in my opinion. As with the Big Show.. well he could be useful to ECW but hes in a similar place to Rey, the ECW title would be a step down for him as I fully expect him to be World Heavyweight Champion sometime this year.

These are only some draft moves that I expect/want to happen. I am sure many others will be drafted.

Great thread idea here is what i would do

From Raw To ECW/SmackDown!

Shawn Michaels
I would put HBK over on SmackDown because on RAW he just keeps getting lost in the shuffle and realistically there is nothing for the man do on the show. By bringing him to S/D you can get fresh feuds and he maybe even could get one last title run before the end of his career which is unlikely to get on RAW wiliest you've got Cena and HHH on the block.

Chris Jericho
Like HBK Y2J has nothing left to do on RAW there is no one to feud with which is why i would like to see him to go to S/D and get put back into new feuds. The only thing with Chris Jericho is it would be tempting to give him the U.S title to keep his credibility but that idea is ok only if he has legitimate title defenses.

John Cena
Like people have said his trade from S/D to raw in 2005 was the biggest trade i would put him on ECW. Yeah I know it might sound crazy but i would have him on ECW and make that the show that little kids watch. The good thing is that with the talent exchange between S/D and ECW you could still have him on S/D to feud with their superstars

Mr. Kennedy
Send him to S/D give him a good run with the U.S title and some proper title defenses and before you know it he will be right back to the way he was before Wrestlemania 23 with a lot of steam for Main Event quality.

From S/D to ECW

Dave Batista
Like Cena you have got him on the kid show to be able to show off as much as he wants. Without really wrestling s good match this way you will probably get the main event for ECW at Summerslam Cena vs Batista. This for little kids will be a big attraction.

Deuce
I would send him to ECW give him his own gimmick away from the Greece reject and maybe have take on the likes of Dreamer and Miz to try get him to be able to be in the ECW title picture

Big Show
Give ECW another big Main Eventer to be in the main title picture

Mark Henry
Make Mark Henry be an big enforcer for someone on ECW to maybe feud with Chavo and Bam Nearly.

ECW to S/D

Cm Punk
Instead of making him waste his MITB on the ECW title bring him to s/d and let fight against the likes of the Undertaker, Michaels and Y2J. I’m pretty sure one of these guys will be prepared to put Cm Punk over.

John Morrision
Like Deuce give him his own personality and get him to upper mid card level on S/D

S/D to Raw

Edge
give him a chance to have a fresh feud on raw and maybe even a wwe title reign which would be a feud a gainst HHH or even Hardy

Matt Hardy
Spice up tag division on Raw by bringing back the hardy boys and maybe evn a I.C reign.

MVP
Nothing for the lad to do on SmackDown no fresh feuds whatsoever bring him to RAW and let him have good long feuds with people like Umaga which would be great for the I.C title

With ECW being tapped before Raw the feuds will get better because talent can jump between the 2 brands. Guys like punk/dreamer/kane can jump to Raw and Kennedy/Carlito/Y2J can jump to ecw. Draft will defiantly help out raw and more then anything else help ecw the show is going down hill. Please someone teach that guy how to announce. He stinks he cannot even hold a candle to Joey.

I think it's interesting that so many people have these lists of their predictions, and most of the folks on these lists are all the folks that get a lot of TV time. Let's face it, the drafts have a history of moving one or two big names for new feuds, and that's it. At least of the moves that matter.

I've also noticed that on these lists (at least those who explain their reasoning), it's assumed that a brand switch also seems to imply a push for whoever is being traded. However, also looking at history, unless you're a big name that is being traded, usually whoever moves to another show gets either buried or overall the trade doesn't really matter. supercrazy to raw? snitsky to ecw? london and kendrick to raw? these are just a few examples and there are plenty more, but nothing changed for any of them. they didn't get more TV time (in fact, i'd argue they got less), and their trade was not accompanied by a push.

However, this is all based on history and things could change this time. And I mean no disrespect to anyone with their list...there are some good ideas in there. But you also have to keep in mind that if you move a ton of top names all at once, you don't really change much, as those they could have had a new feud on the show also got traded.

So I might be wrong, but historically, I just don't see anything important coming from the draft outside of a trade of one or two top names (probably each show will get/give up one decent high carder and one midcarder) just to shake things up a little bit, accompanied by a few other trades that will in the end be irrelevant.

My Main Predictions.....

Drafted to RAW
MVP
CM Punk

Both these guys are made for RAW. Spicing up the "A" Brand with the two best upcomers from ECW and Smackdown.

Drafted to Smackdown
John Cena
Umaga

To me Cena is getting played out on RAW. His current feud with JBL sucks and I think its time to reignite his character. Only way to do this is to ship him off to Smackdown and compete with the likes of The Undertaker/Batista/Edge/Big Show. I feel the same way about Umaga as well.

Drafted to ECW
Jeff Hardy
Carlito

Jeff Hardy, ECW Champ? Sounds good to me! If I was the WWE I wouldn't trust him enough to hold the WWE Heavyweight or World Championship with his past problems. But making the most money I can get outta him, I'll give him the ECW World Title. I think Jeff would be a great asset to ECW and really strive in his own element wrestling younger guys who can compete at a fast paced level like him. As for Carlito. Well again it looks like Carlito is under the radar and needs to make a serious push for a main event spot and fast. I see him wrestling with ECW's younger guys, looking a whole much better than he currently does on RAW.

I'm also hoping that the developmental territory gets involved in this somehow. I'd like to see a guy like Colt Cabana get "drafted". With people questioning who this guy is, we can go to the draft experts and tell us some info about him.

"Draft Analyst" Joey Styles: Colt Cabana is a ___ year veteran. Who made his mark in the indepent wrestling scene. There he became close friends with The Straightedge Superstar" CM Punk. Blah blah blah

You get my drift.

Ok i've heard that vince won't end the brand extension because it makes too much money, but i wonder if they made more money back in 98-01 when everyone was together. Secondly the line about the brand extension being a good idea because "it gives people who normally wouldn't be seen a chance to get seen" has gotten old because i'm still seeing the same people i would have seen if everyone was on the same show. In my opinon the draft should have ended a long time ago because common sense would tell you that if you split the roster up you dillute the overall product but vince will never end it because it was his idea and he doesn't want to admit he made a mistake.:flair:

It is about time. However what they should do is allow 'trades' because then you can spice up the WWE during the year without the Draft. What angers me is that they killed up the tag team division (also the World's Greatest Tag Team (or whatever they called themselves). what they should do is trade tag teams. and keep champions where they are.

As for predictions: Jericho to Smackdown and Dare I say (yes dare!) HHH goes to Smackdown with Edge to Raw. Yeah I know I am dreaming but hey a man can dream.

its bothering me that people want the hardyz to reunite. it is time from them to be strictly singles wrestlers. theyre both being pushed pretty big as such so why make them regress and have another hardy reunion. i dont think matt or jeff want to reunite anyways judging by their recent dvd. we had the hardyz reunite last year and its time to try and make new tag team stars and let the hardyz go out on there own

I've read a few of these posts where people are saying Jeff Hardy and Umaga should be traded to smackdown. but i cant see both of them going to smackdown, then they would probably just continue their feud thats going now. so here is what i think would be best:

To smackdown:

Jeff Hardy- more feuds are available for him over there. can feud with Edge and MVP to start with. Might be a bigger draw for the new network this fall.

CM Punk- not going to stay on ECW if he is going to be taken seriously as the mitb holder

Carlito-probably still not happy over the way he is being used. could be sent to smackdown to have a shot at the US title, or possibly bring his brother up from developmental and form a tag-team.

Kelly Kelly-could be used as a manager for someone, or possibly wrestle the smackdown diva's since she has some skill and can improve.

To ECW:

Umaga- would be reunited with armando, could feud with Kane, Big Show and destroy the rest of the roster to re-establish him as the monster he was before moving him to smackdown when the undertaker comes back.

Super Crazy-ECW needs another jobber for Umaga lol

Kenny Dykstra- not being used on smackdown, talented, could be used for mid card feud on ECW

Charlier Haas-with heat coming to an end, what else is there for him, besides the inevitable, "We wish Charlie Hass the best in all his future endeavors" line on wwe.com?

Lance Cade-could be sent there as a test to how well he would do as a singles competitor before being moved to raw/smackdown.

To Raw:

Batista-could start a new feud with Jericho, Orton, JBL, Cena or continue the current one with HBK, start another one with Trips

Rey Mysterio-been on smackdown since he debuted, could have some good matches with Jericho, HBK, Kennedy and Orton

John Morrison-since Kennedy is a face now, i would like to see him and Morrison in a feud for a little bit. Could be some good matches if done right.

Michelle McCool-would be someone different in the women's title division, and could possibly have a good match with Beth Phoenix(not sure about, but just a guess)

Probably wrong on 90% of these, but they are just some guesses.

To RAW:
CM Punk- come on lets face it, we all knew when he won the ladder match he wasnt gonna use it on the ECW Championship
Rey Mysterio- Been on SD! since around 2001, time for a change
The Great Khali- Lets face it, he cant stay on a brand for more then a year

To SD!
Snitsky- Never been on SD!, needs new compotion
DH Smith- Needs to be on the B show to make a name for himself
Big Daddy V- Useless on ECW
Umaga- Already announced he's moving there, so

To ECW:
Charlie Haas- Since Heat is gone needs a place where he can have a match
Deuce- Try out singles compotition(new look or old one) send Domino to FCW
Big Show- It would be stupid to have the ECW Champion on SD!
Super Crazy-Has no use on RAW

Tag Teams
Shelton Benjamin & K-Kwik(To RAW)
Crime Time(To SD!)
Shannon Moore & Jimmy Yang(To ECW)
London & Kendrick(To ECW)

:sabu2: :robvandam: Bring ECW Originals Back!!!!

Here is what I think should be done.
To SD:
Triple H-Come on we all know it needs to happen.WWE championship back on SD sounds good for me.And Triple H on SD sounds even better!
Kane-Turn Kane heel,have him feud with Triple H for the WWE Title.Or bring the Undertaker back and have the Brothers of Destruction reunite.But has to drop ECW title though.
Ted DiBiase Jr.-Send him to the B show and let us see what he has.
Jeff Hardy-He is not yet World Title material,but I can just see Jeff Hardy vs. Zack Ryder or Curt Hawkins.
To ECW:
Mr. Kennedy-Kennedy face,Morrison heel.It can work.Two great microphone personalities and talented wrestlers going at it every Tuesday Night.
Chris Jericho-Jericho vs. Punk or Dreamer or Stevie as a heel.Jericho vs. Knox,Chavo,or Striker as a face.It would work.
Val Venis-Give him a good environment to put on good matches.
To Raw:
Elijah Burke-Lets put this talented young man in the World Title spotlight.
MVP-Same as Elijah Burke
Matt Hardy-Same as the above.
Edge-WWE title to SD and World Title to Raw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back