• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Draft Discussion

This would be Irrelevant considering the Smackdown/ECW roster barrier, where smackdown superstars can show up on ecw and vice versa... but, anythign can happen at a draft... either way, it'll be nice to see how they shake things up.

It is a little irrelevant, yeah, but the only reason I could see it happening is for them to get CM Punk into the WHC or United States title picture instead of the ECW championship. Situations like that I think would create those trades - or if they get rid of the exchange (which I really hope they don't). If they don't get rid of it, then it doesn't matter who is on what, as long as they're on Smackdown OR ECW.

I agree that the draft needs to focus on ECW. But we all know that ECW needs to focus more on the "E" Extreme part of the title. We need more extreme rules/hardcore/TLC matches on the broadcast. Also take the cruiserweight title and make it the ECW TV Title to give the wrestlers on the ECW roster a better chance at making a good show.

I would like to see a good amount of mid-carders go over to ECW.
For Example
-Hardcore Holly
-Cody Rodes
-Finlay
-Both of the Hardys
-Umaga
-Bobby Lashley
-Kane

Put the ECW title on someone else besides CM Punk, he is a great talent, but not fo ECW his technical style isnt too Extreme, but neither is the show.

Also if they arent going to give him a push send Elijah Burke to Smackdown again give him a run at the US Title or possibly the Heavyweight title. Also swap some main eventers from raw to smackdown. Batista and Mysterio to Raw for HBK and Cena or something along those lines.

Raw needs help on the Tag Team Division, either make some new teams or swap some with SD to get a fresh start for both brands. Hopefully Team 3D does come back and WWE can land a talent like Senshi to get a new spark to the company.

Raw needs help on the Tag Team Division, either make some new teams or swap some with SD to get a fresh start for both brands. Hopefully Team 3D does come back and WWE can land a talent like Senshi to get a new spark to the company.

London and Kenderick....Look where they are now. RAW doesn't benefit from a darft seeing as they have nothing to benefit from. They are already at the top of the hill. Chances are if Mr.Kennedy was still on Smackdown he would've been in th WHC scene right now. Although RAW does need help in the Tag Team divison I don't think it helps to take good Smackdown teams and throw them on RAW. Smackdown is known for it's Tag Teams and it's crusierweights. I'd like to keep them on that show unless you're gonna make a singles star out of one like John Morrison.

The draft should largely in part (like I said before) benefit Smackdown/ECW this time around. They both don't have that many big names so they'll most likely gain a few mid-carders with names and a couple (meaning 2) big names. While RAW will probably take MVP out of Smackdown. For some reason I feel MVP will be moving. IMO he's the most probable to move.

The draft should be for ECW!
Lashley to ECW/Smackdown! to feud with batista
J. Morrison stays on ECW or going to SD! to go for the US title
Kane to ECW, ECW title
Kennedy to ECW/SD for the WHC,ECW or US title
Cm punk to RAW, IC title to feud with Carlito and HBK(?)

On RAW i think there are to much superstars for the wwe title.
HHH,HBK,Orton,cena,Kennedy,JBL,Y2J,Lasley and Hard) so a few will have to go or getting in tag team or IC title scene.Cm punk is better on RAW i think.

SD! could use 1 or 2 superstars in the WHC scene like Lashley or Kennedy.
-Edge,Taker,Batista,kennedy and Lashley.
Same for the US title, or Morrison
-Morrison,MVP,(kennedy) and M. Hardy.

ECW
Needs 1 or 2 Major stars a think, this could go together with smackdown.
Kane is Perfect for ECW, he's extreme and has an evil mind.He should go for the ECW title to continue his feud with BDV.
Bring in a new title(tv title) where talents like C.Rhodes,Burke,Benjamin,Miz,Wang yang,moore noble,...could compete for.

Send Umaga to smackdown, he has done wreslted with every face on Raw. For some reason im a mark for Kenny Dykstra and i would like to see him back on Raw possibly traded for Cody Rhodes. Also send Carlito back to smackdown along with Santino and bring Burke and Taker or Kane to Raw. Maybe even send lashley to smackdown. Really no point in anybody going to ECW because its pretty much the smackdown brand anyway. While there at it Unify the ECW and World title becasue that ECW belt really means nothing anymore like it used to,reminds me of the hardcore title or the TV title.

Yeah I honestly think that a roster "shakeup" is just what WWE needs to get some extra excitement. First of all I think that ecw desperatly needs another title, it would help build up more stars and give them more than just one match on a ppv. I think that some young heels need to be distributed due to the extreme lack on smackdown and raw, Carlito needs to move to smackdown and get in the world title picture. Also I think that Jeff Hardy should be moved to ecw, jeff is an established superstar, a fan favorite, and could carry ecw. Especially due to CM Punk being the only face ecw has.

The draft is pointless. It makes for an entertaining show. But that's pretty much it. Other than that. Half the people who move make no impact. A quarter move back to the show they were drafted from initially. 10 % get fired. 10% make an impact. And 5% kill a few people. It's pointless. The sole purpose is to make Raw ''appear'' better. When in fact all they do is put the dead weight on Raw along with the superstars. In reality Smackdown always comes off better.

throw cena over to ecw lmao

but after WM when they do the draft, since edge is gunna lose the title to taker probly, bring him to raw, send hbk over to smackdown n have taker vs hbk for the world heavyweight title

and have edge in a fued with like jericho or something

i dunno bout other ppl but id like to see those 2 fueds

throw cena over to ecw lmao

but after WM when they do the draft, since edge is gunna lose the title to taker probly, bring him to raw, send hbk over to smackdown n have taker vs hbk for the world heavyweight title

and have edge in a fued with like jericho or something

i dunno bout other ppl but id like to see those 2 fueds

I vote that any poster who doesn't at least attempt to use proper grammar on the forums get banned immediately who's with me?

Anyways,

I think they should throw Kennedy back on Smackdown. He's just not getting over on Raw. I think you could have him semi face turn to feud with Edge towards the WHC.

Other than that I don't see much that needs to be moved around as far as roster trading goes.

Possibly have MVP come to Raw and have him start a feud with a few of the mid carders and bring some credibility back to the IC title.

For me i'd like to see these go to Raw:
Dykstra- Good future star, can build up against raw stars
Kane- Has faced everyone on Smackdown/ECW, i'd like to see him return to his crazy character on Raw
Mysterio- Same as Kane, he's faced everyone, and Raw has plenty of fresh people for him to wrestle
Batista- He'll probs be over for the title match at wrestlemania, if not he should come over in the draft
Raw needs some decent heels though, yet im not really sure who could go there, who hasnt recently gone to smackdown, maybe Kane or Batista could turn heel

For me i'd like to see these go to Smackdown/ECW:
Super Crazy- Never appears on Raw, sometimes has Heat matches, would like to see him in the cruiserweight and/ or on ECW
Michaels- Has faced everyone on Raw, smackdown has lots of good heelsfor him to feud with, and even Undertaker, perhaps the wrestlemania 25 main event
Umaga- Same with Michaels, but he can face the faces
Haas- Not a big star yet is rarely used on Raw, would be a good U.S Title runner for Smackdown
Kennedy- He's kind of gone down hill a bit recently, and Smackdown will help him regain what he once had, plus he could face Undertaker, and others, or maybe turn face and face Edge, etc

raw seriously needs to share the huge amount of midcard/main eventers they have:

have batista go to raw, orton come to smackdown, finley to raw, and jericho to smackdown, and jeff hardy and umaga to smackdown.

i think finleys done all he can on smackdown and jericho would bring some personality to the show.

In the past years it has not seemed like the draft would make as big of a difference as it could this year. In the draft i think you should send some of the Raw talent to other shows. This is what they should do:

Umaga to Smackdown-he has done everything he can do on Raw
Kennedy to Smackdown-he just has not been as good on Raw
John Morrison to Smackdown-eventually he needs to go back to another show.
Santino to ECW-he could be good there
Jaime Noble to ECW-he would also be good there
Super Crazy to ECW-add some excitement to the show
Kane to Raw-he seemed to be better on Raw, maybe he could go to ECW
Big Daddy V to Raw-he could fued with Kane and Big Show(will be on Raw)

I think that Batista will move over to Raw after the rumble so he is not mentioned here. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff Hardy go to Smackdown in this either, with HHH, Cena, ect. i dont think there is room for him to be champ on Raw, but he could have a great fued with Edge.

Whatever the draft produces i just hope they don't make it as dull as it was last year... span it over a few different weeks like wwe did the year before.... hearing the superstars music and them making an impact straight away was much more exciting then a picture on a lame screen..... Obvious moves will be, Big Daddy V to whatever show John Cena is on to be the next 'monster victim' and maybe sending taker to raw.. theres money just there in thinking of ppv's... taker v hhh, taker v hbk, taker v cena, taker v lashley even

Carlito to Smackdown- good to go for that US title again
Kane to Raw- go and face Jeff Hardy/Randy Orton for WWE title seriously the guys going be around form maybe two more years give it to him
London & Kendrick to Smackdown- I enjoyed watching Smackdown them alot more with them on the show
Shelton Benjamin to Raw- honestly unless they are going to give him a title match instantly and win it on the spot put him back with The Worlds Greatest Tag Team
Matt Hardy to Raw- either let him win the United States Championship or go let him win the Intercontinental Championship, they really need to get him in more instead of someone kicking his ass each week
Every WWE Diva to Raw- yeah sure Smackdown is and entertaining but give the divas to Raw and have bigger battle royals for the Womens Championship
Every Cruiserweight to Smackdown-London & Kendrick and Super Crazy just go to Smackdown

I don't know about anyone else but i felt the best draft they did was the one that went on for a month. It made people watch in more to see who was gonna show up. Although almost every one that smackdown got left within a couple of months such as Christian, and Muhammad. But they did trade some pretty big names that year. I think if Big Show comes back just send him to SD, he would be best off there, and i like the idea of HBK to SD he has faced EVERYONE on the raw upper card. Kennedy needs to stay on raw though, i think they are finally starting to push him again, he had a really good promo on raw last night. I would like to see Morrison on Raw again, but he probably is better off in ecw. And one last thing, they need to have the hardy's on the same show, they can still do they're singles thing, but picture them the tag champs, and one is US champ while the other is WHC. I like that vision personally.

2008 possible draft trades

Umaga to Smackdown- versed everyone on raw and to create new fueds
Matt Hardy to Raw- loads of talent and could be I/c champ or team with his brother
All Cruiserweights to Ecw- Includes Super crazy london, kendrick noble etc and bring back the title and allow these people to use moves such as shooting star press and 450 splash
Rey mysterio to raw- to create new fueds with top stars and is a huge draw card
Jericho to smackdown- possible WHC and top main event face
Santino and carlito to Ecw- to stars bring talent to ecw

Not my personal choices, but this is what I think the WWE will do:

1. Umaga over to Smackdown - He's feuded with everyone, plus, look below.

2. Big Show over to Raw - Without Umaga, they need a monster

3. Jericho over to Smackdown - Unless Triple H turns heel. Then he'll stay and be a step above Lashley, who will be on top of the Intercontinental scene.

4. Carlito over to ECW - He wants a push, an IC title won't do anything, but he could be the champ on ECW as we all know that's the brand of building people up. They use it to build up new guys to the midcard and midcarders to the next level, just below the main event.

5. Elijah Burke over to Raw - Losing Carlito means they'd lose their main IC heel. Burke is going nowhere on ECW, and he'd fit in well as the midcard talker.

6. Kenny Dykstra - Either he goes over to Raw's midcard, ECW, or he becomes part of a tag team on Raw or Smackdown.

7. Kane to ECW - He does nothing on Smackdown. This is more likely if Jericho moves over. He'd be the top dog on ECW and they could use him as a "big draw, main event superstar" without diminishing the guys they want to push more...ie, the guys on Raw and Smackdown's main event.

The Raw roster is way overloaded. IMO, it needs the most work. But, since it is the "flagship" show, they may not shake up the rosters too much. Here's what I think could happen (or I'm completely wrong, I don't know):

1. Jericho to SmackDown-don't think he will remain on the Raw show. Don't see too many feuds popping up for him after 'Mania...and don't forget everyone's good friend HHH doesn't like him too much...
2. Batista to Raw-Face it, you can only see so many matches with Batista and Taker in them. Plus, he is probably seen as the top guy now that Cena's gone.
3. CM Punk leaves ECW-Don't know who they'll replace him with, but I believe they wanna push him on one of the "big two" shows, most likely Raw.
4. Kane to ECW-He's exhausted his run on SmackDown, which has been lackluster at best. Don't expect him to make waves in ECW. They'll just put him there to put the young guys over.
5. Everyone who's not doing anything-to ECW. Just kidding...or am I?????????

1. Umaga to SD! - nothing left for him on raw, needs fresh matches ...

2. Elijah Burke to RAW - going no where on ECW and he would fit in nicely in the I.C title scene ...

3. Finlay to ECW - been on SD! 2 years now, needs new opponents and could fill the posistion of chris benoit who was drafted to ECW just before the killings ...

4. John Morrison to SD! - he's clearly not getting back in to the ECW title picture, move im to SD! and make u.s champ ...

5. M.V.P to RAW - i would have said Batista but i think he'l win the rumble and move to RAW before the draft. M.V.P has faced just about everyone on SD! & he is is to established now for ECW ...

6. Carlito to ECW - give him the ECW title for a few months then move him to SD! i don't think RAW is the brand for Carlito at the moment ...

7. Jeff Hardy to SD! - fresh faces for him to have matches with, plus SD! offers a different style of match ...

8. Rey Mysterio to RAW - has been on SD! for 5 1/2 years, a move to RAW for him is long overdue, i really expected this sooner, along with HBK he's the only guy who hasn't switched brands since the brand extension he would also be swapping places with a RAW main-eventer who has had his tenure there ...

9. Gregory Helms to ECW - should go there upon his return to the wwe he's still young and could be ECW champ ...

10. HBK to SD! - same reason as Rey Mysterio ...

11. CM Punk to RAW - hes way over with the crowd, has had a nice run with the title and now its time to move him up to the big leagues - Monday Night RAW ...

12. Super Crazy to ECW - going nowhere on RAW, can't remember the last time i seen him in a match, he could put on amazing matches in ECW ...

Then of course you have the supplimental draft, which is a mixed bag of lower-mid card talent .

Will be intresting to see how it turns out .

;)

hopefully khali goes ro smackdown so he can fued with the undertaker again because i liked that fued and rey to raw so he will be fueding with hardy for the ic

hopefully khali goes ro smackdown so he can fued with the undertaker again because i liked that fued and rey to raw so he will be fueding with hardy for the ic

Khali is already on Smackdown.

Plus, Rey vs Hardy would be face/face, and they virtually never have those feuds. On top of that, Hardy's moving onto the main event, so he won't be gunning for the IC title anymore once he loses it most likely.

RAW to SD!:
Shawn Michaels - Fans have been waiting for this move for years. Shawn Michaels would look very good holding that World Heavyweight Championship and could have some pretty good feuds with the current roster.

DH Smith - This move would give Smith way more exposure and solidify him as a contender for the United States Championship.

Umaga - He would really shine on SmackDown!, due to lack of big names. Could maybe feud with the Undertaker for the WHC after 'Mania, or in a triple threat with Taker, Edge, and him as a tweener. To get over, he could dominate the lower card in sadistic ways, not unlike Big Show and Brock Lesnar when Paul Heyman was their manager, (stretcher attacks would be a nice touch also). He would also fill-out the thin roster SmackDown! currently has.

RAW to ECW:
Chris Jericho - This would REALLY bring ECW up to the level of SmackDown and RAW. Jericho could have AMAZING feuds with CM Punk, John Morrison, and Shelton Benjamin. Him moving to ECW would make the ratings sky-rocket and maybe move ahead of TNA iMPACT!.

Brian Kendrick & Paul London - These two are a great team, and they had a good push going for them at the beginning of 2007 on SmackDown!. Now on RAW, they aren't even used, let alone used properly. On ECW, they could really be utilized for their quick style against John Morrison and The Miz and bring meaning to the WWE Tag Team Championships again (maybe enough to debut new ECW Tag Team Championships.)

SD! to RAW:
MVP - Finally, MVP may be able to jump to the main event picture with this move. He could really build on his character and have some good feuds with Jeff Hardy, John Cena, and Mr. Kennedy.

Batista - While they already seem to be moving in this direction, Batista is home on RAW. He doesn't have enough competition on SD!. His only feud in the past year was with Edge/Undertaker, and he didn't seem to belong with those guys. On RAW, he can have good feuds with Triple H, Bobby Lashley, Umaga and Randy Orton.

SD! to ECW:
Matt Hardy - After he recovers from his injury, Matt won't have many feuds available to him on SmackDown. On ECW, he can go with CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke, and John Morrison.

ECW to RAW:
Elijah Burke - On RAW, Burke, like MVP, can move into upper mid-card to main event spot. While he has one or two feuds left on ECW, none of them can move him forward in his career.

ECW to SD!:
Big Daddy V - Although it doesn't matter if BDV is on SD! or ECW, (he is already on both shows every week), he can go into a main event feud after WrestleMania with Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship if he officially on the SmackDown! roster.

Released within the next two years: The Miz, Balls Mahoney, The Boogeyman, Shannon Moore, Charlie Haas, Robbie & Rory McAllister, Super Crazy, Val Venis

I would send Jericho, HBK, Umaga, Harry Smith, Carlito and L&K to Smackdown because I think there would be way better fueds for them. Jericho vs Edge we already know that these 2 blonde canadians would make an awesome fued, Harry Smith could be a solid mid carder and he wouldnt be stuck on heat, Carlito was way better when he was on smackdown and they could start carlitos cobanna again, HBK vs MVP would be a good fued just like HBK and Kennedy, Umaga VS Undertaker, plus Umaga could join Henry and Big Daddy V and form a monster stable with khali as well. L & K really shined when they were on smackdown .. now they are just on heat running around jobbing.

I would send Super Crazy and Holly to ECW because we all know crazy deserves more then tagging around with Duggan on heat and I actually enjoyed watching holly when he was in ecw because he got a pretty good push.

I would send Burke, Mysterio, Finlay and the boogeyman to RAW. Mystertio has nothing left to do on smackdown unless they want Rey vs ChavoX1000 and he could continue his fued with JBL or Kennedy. Burke needs a better push and i think him being in the IC division would be a good fit for him. Finlay as a heel would be very good for raw to setup the future stars, Boogeyman has nothing left to do on smackdown and ecw so why not just give him one run on raw before releasing him.

i'd like 2 really see some pple who arent being used at all go 2 ECW like super crazy and all the other mid/lowcarders.......also jericho 2 smackdown.....umaga to ecw.....trade punk for jeff hardy.....kane to ecw.....batista to raw......maybe if hes still w/ wwe, lashley to ecw/SD.....

o ya and move sum big man 2 raw cuz if they dont then SD-ECW alliance will be super fat or big......like Mark Henry, BDV, The Big Show, Umaga, Kane, The Great Khali, Undertaker....all at the same taping = changing the title to Super Heavyweights

I think they should have one big draft like 2002 brand extension i mean, its old watching the same people i think that mainly they should shake up rostes for smackdown and raw then put people like carlito and finlay on ecw put cm punk on smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back