G.O.A.T.

The best I ever saw was John Elway and I've always thought if he had some more talent around him he would have won at least two more Super Bowls if not three more. I didn't think I'd see someone who topped him.

Now I'm not so sure. There might be people more talented than Brady but o one who fits into and makes a system work better.

Easy to win it all when you have no playoff competition until the Super Bowl. They earned tonight's win without a doubt but they had the easiest schedule in the NFL both in the regular season and playoffs.

Also let's not forget at least 2 of those rings are tainted because of cheating. Bottom line is Brady isn't the greatest.

Easy to win it all when you have no playoff competition until the Super Bowl. They earned tonight's win without a doubt but they had the easiest schedule in the NFL both in the regular season and playoffs.

Also let's not forget at least 2 of those rings are tainted because of cheating. Bottom line is Brady isn't the greatest.

And when they put up his statue in Foxborough I'm sure they'll mention that two don't count but the fucker got at least three more afterwards anyway.

It's as Roy Jones Jr. once said "And they got the nerve to say I ain't fight nobody. I just make 'em look like nobody."

xVQ2SS.gif

Fuck out of here.

And when they put up his statue in Foxborough I'm sure they'll mention that two don't count but the fucker got at least three more afterwards anyway.

It's as Roy Jones Jr. once said "And they got the nerve to say I ain't fight nobody. I just make 'em look like nobody."

Just looked it up and the Patriots had 10 games against teams that finished at or below .500, 7 of which did finish under .500

For teams they played who had a record above .500 4 of them did look good or at least okay on paper but they caught Pittsburgh when Ben was out, granted Brady was suspended but Jimmy G is much better than Landry Jones and Houston, who only made the playoffs because they were the best of the worst division in football this year. Then in the playoffs they catch Houston first, again not even a legit playoff contender, and Pittsburgh who had a less than 100% Ben playing.

For a fan base that likes to claim they get screwed they sure had it easy this year. And cheating taints a championship win that's just a fact.

I'd wager that Matthew Stafford is the greatest ever. He made it to the playoffs with the Lions. The LIONS. He did this pretty much by himself. No blockers, no running game, no Megatron. It could have been the Lions blowing a lead to the Patriots if it weren't for his damn finger.

For a fan base that likes to claim they get screwed they sure had it easy this year. And cheating taints a championship win that's just a fact.

I'm sure it does.

Tell that to his supermodel wife, his FIVE rings, his massive house, his future Hall of Fame induction (jacket and weird head thing) and his statue when it goes up Foxborough. And tell that to him basically being God on earth around that area now. I'm not American so I don't know exactly how far his God status reaches geographically but I think it's pretty wide.

Also, tell me how Brady is tainted when anybody who doesn't call him the best ever is seen as being salty or plain ignorant at this point? All the post game coverage I've seen has every HOFer calling him the best of all time. If Deion Sanders believes Brady is the GOAT, I'll go with that. He has won. He is the best. You could've made an argument before he beat the Seahawks and the Falcons but that shit is done after this miracle comeback and beating the LOB.

Gotta take the salt outta your diet, mate.

I'm sure it does.

Tell that to his supermodel wife, his FIVE rings, his massive house, his future Hall of Fame induction (jacket and weird head thing) and his statue when it goes up Foxborough. And tell that to him basically being God on earth around that area now. I'm not American so I don't know exactly how far his God status reaches geographically but I think it's pretty wide.

Also, tell me how Brady is tainted when anybody who doesn't call him the best ever is seen as being salty or plain ignorant at this point? All the post game coverage I've seen has every HOFer calling him the best of all time. If Deion Sanders believes Brady is the GOAT, I'll go with that. He has won. He is the best. You could've made an argument before he beat the Seahawks and the Falcons but that shit is done after this miracle comeback and beating the LOB.

Gotta take the salt outta your diet, mate.

I may not think he's the best but he's easily one of, no doubt. For starters I find the whole argument hard to have because a lot of the guys involved in it are from a different era where the game was very different. It's hard to say how they'd do in the modern era or how guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Brees would do in other eras. But I think Brady and Belichick never end up having this much success without each other and Brady always has a good team around him unlike some other greats. There's more to the argument than rings. After all Marino has none and is widely considered a top 10 great.

As someone from the new england area, Brady and David Ortiz have the biggest God statuses possible around here.

I give Tom Brady all the credit in the world for what he did last night, but I don't consider him the GOAT. As far as Super Bowls go, he's not even close to Bradshaw or Montana being that they're both undefeated. There's no denying that he's a first ballot Hall of Famer. But think of it like this, the AFC East wasn't exactly he cream of the crop in the NFL this season. Atlanta was probably the best test the New England defense faced all year. And while we're on the subject of the Falcons, their defense reverted back to who they were earlier in the season. Again, it was a great comeback to win the game, but his not the GOAT.

The "Not Perfect" argument is fucking bonkers. In what world is not making to the Super Bowl 5 times better than making it to the Super Bowl 7 times?

5 rings are better than 4 and the fact that he had more opportunities to get them by playing in more Super Bowls is absolutely not a logical counterpoint.

This Super Bowl will always be known as the year Lady Gaga did nothing after not saying she would do anything.

It was like the world finally knew how it felt to be an internet wrestling fan after a Royal Rumble.

Really impressive performance though.

Just looked it up and the Patriots had 10 games against teams that finished at or below .500, 7 of which did finish under .500

For teams they played who had a record above .500 4 of them did look good or at least okay on paper but they caught Pittsburgh when Ben was out, granted Brady was suspended but Jimmy G is much better than Landry Jones and Houston, who only made the playoffs because they were the best of the worst division in football this year. Then in the playoffs they catch Houston first, again not even a legit playoff contender, and Pittsburgh who had a less than 100% Ben playing.

This isn't college. They play whoever they're scheduled to play. That's not New England's fault.

There is no quarterback I'd rather have at the helm when it counts than Tom Brady. So I guess, in my opinion, that'd make him the best ever.

I'll be honest.

I'm salty for the simple fact I don't like Brady, not much more to it than that really.

Greatest of All Time... Trick question. Always favored Ric Flair above Shawn Michaels, but lately I've also been considering John Cena. He's had more great matches with a variety of opponents than anybody else.

Also, fuck Tom Brady and his amazing talent.

Go to sleep, woke up with Trump as president.

Go to sleep thinking how epic Joe/Rollins will be on the next RAW, woke up & Rollins is fucked up.

Go to sleep thinking ATL had it in the bag, woke up with Brady winning again.

Clearly I have to stop sleeping. Or I never really woke up & the past few months have been part of a coma because I drank too much.

Someone tell me what is real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back