Rank the NFL QB's - Let's Settle It

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
All this talk in the 'Cutler is a Pussy" thread. F that. Just rank them in here. I usually prefer these in the Sports section, but you're ranking a lot of people, so do it here so you can spam. This is the "as of today" list.

1. Tom Brady
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Philip Rivers
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Mike Vick
10. Matt Schaub
11. Matt Cassell
12. Mark Sanchez
13. Eli Manning
14. Tony Romo
15. Jay Cutler
16. Sam Bradford
17. Kyle Orton
18. Josh Freeman
19. Matthew Stafford
20. Kevin Kolb
21. Carson Palmer
22. David Garrard
23. Ryan Fitzpatrick

I miss anyone? Agree / disagree? Why?

All this talk in the 'Cutler is a Pussy" thread. F that. Just rank them in here. I usually prefer these in the Sports section, but you're ranking a lot of people, so do it here so you can spam. This is the "as of today" list.

1. Tom Brady
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Philip Rivers
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Mike Vick
10. Matt Schaub
11. Matt Cassell
12. Mark Sanchez
13. Eli Manning
14. Tony Romo
15. Jay Cutler
16. Sam Bradford
17. Kyle Orton
18. Josh Freeman
19. Matthew Stafford
20. Kevin Kolb
21. Carson Palmer
22. David Garrard
23. Ryan Fitzpatrick

I miss anyone? Agree / disagree? Why?

It might be my bias, but I'd put Sanchez above both Cassell and Schuab. In two years Sanchez has lead the Jets to two AFC Championship games, and say what you will about the rest of the team, but Sanchez displayed some shades of greatness this season.

I would also even bump Fitzpatrick up a little. I think he's very underrated and stuck with a shitty line in a team that is in a shitty period of time. He's got all the tools to be a much better QB than he is.

I do like you putting Ryan over Flacco, though many people will probably disagree with that. I MIGHT put Cutler over Romo because I think Romo is the worst kind of choke artist where Cutler seems to be able to keep his cool for the most part.

1. Drew Brees
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Philip Rivers
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Michael Vick
8. Jay Cutler
9. Eli Manning
10. David Garrard
11. Matt Schaub
12. Mark Sanchez
13. Matt Cassell
14. Matt Ryan
15. Joe Flacco
16. Matthew Stafford (I would put him somewhere between 9 and 12 if he was able to remain healthy)
17. Kyle Orton
18. Tony Homo
19. Carson Palmer
20. Josh Freeman
21. Sam Bradford
22. Ryan Fitzpatrick
23. Donovan McNabb
24. Kevin Kolb

And it varies from there. Hopefully in the next year or two I'll be able to legitimately put down my boy Tim Tebow as an at least top 15 QB. I also expect Colt McCoy to be around that area in the next couple of years as well.

It might be my bias, but I'd put Sanchez above both Cassell and Schuab. In two years Sanchez has lead the Jets to two AFC Championship games, and say what you will about the rest of the team, but Sanchez displayed some shades of greatness this season.

The Jets defense led the Jets to two straight AFC Championship games. Last year it was Darell Revis. Sanchez has done a nice job not giving a ton of games away. Look what Schaub and Cassell have done with comparatively weaker teams in Kansas City and Houston.

I would also even bump Fitzpatrick up a little.

Thank you!

I think he's very underrated and stuck with a shitty line in a team that is in a shitty period of time. He's got all the tools to be a much better QB than he is.

Eh, I file him where I file Chad Pennington. Amazing football IQ, lacks the physical tools and instincts of many others. Yes, he plays on a bad team, but so did the guy from Tampa Bay. Or so we thought...

I do like you putting Ryan over Flacco, though many people will probably disagree with that.

It's close. I just think Ryan does a little bit more himself and Flacco plays in a better system with better leaders around him. I see Ryan as being a tad more developed. But not by much.

I MIGHT put Cutler over Romo because I think Romo is the worst kind of choke artist where Cutler seems to be able to keep his cool for the most part.

Romo gives fewer games away than Cutler, no? I may concede this point, but you have to hand it to Romo - he did a nice job developing some guys we didn't see coming, like their TE.

1. Drew Brees
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Philip Rivers
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Michael Vick
8. Jay Cutler
9. Eli Manning
10. David Garrard
11. Matt Schaub
12. Mark Sanchez
13. Matt Cassell
14. Matt Ryan
15. Joe Flacco
16. Matthew Stafford (I would put him somewhere between 9 and 12 if he was able to remain healthy)
17. Kyle Orton
18. Tony Homo
19. Carson Palmer
20. Josh Freeman
21. Sam Bradford
22. Ryan Fitzpatrick

And it varies from there. Hopefully in the next year or two I'll be able to be legitimately put down my boy Tim Tebow as an at least top 15 QB. I also expect Colt McCoy to be around that area in the next couple of years as well.

I absolutely think Colt McCoy will make the top 15-20 next year and just continue to get better, but I see Bradford around the #8 spot if he stays healthy.

I want to say you're undervaluing Aaron Rodgers at #6, but you can make the case for the guys above him.

I like your list IC and agree with most of it. I'd rearrange your 4,5,6 and and move Sheli ahead of Sanchez, and I absolutely HATE Sheli, with a passion; though I guess I really can't blame him for not wanting to play for such a poorly run organization in the Chargers. Either way the Chargers ended up with the better QB and Sheli brought an unprobable championship to the Giants.

1. Brees
  2. Brady
  3. Big Ben
  4. Rivers
  5. Rodgers
  6. Manning
  7. Vick
  8. Ryan
  9. Cassell
  10. other manning
  11. Freeman
  12. Flacco
  13. Schaub

Ryan Fitzpatrick is on a shit team, I'll grant you. And in all fairness, I didn't rank him 'last.' He just appeared last on the list of the QB's I gave a damn to rank. You don't see Alex Smith, Troy Smith, Jimmy Clausen, anyone from Arizona, or even Colt McCoy on here. Jury's out or they suck. So think of me as having ranked RF 8 or 9 spots FROM the bottom, since there are 32 teams and I have two Eagles on this list alone.

1) Brady
2) Peyton
3) Brees
4) Rothelisberger
5) Rodgers
6) Rivers
7) Vick
8) Cutler
9) Eli
10) Ryan
11) Sanchez
12) Flacco
13) Cassel
14) Romo
15) Schaub
16) Orton
17) Garrad
18) Freeman
19) Fitzpatrick
20) Bradford

I want to say you're undervaluing Aaron Rodgers at #6, but you can make the case for the guys above him.

What you criticized Sanchez for, you could make the same criticisms for Rodgers when you think about it. The NFC Championship game, the 2nd half of the Philly game, week 17 against the Bears, and the Jets game... those were all won because of Green Bay's defense. They're as much as the reason why the Pack are in the Super Bowl as Aaron Rodgers is, if not more.

Of course, you could make the same case against Big Ben as well, but Roethlisberger has so many winning game winning drives that it's unfair to do that. Aaron Rodgers game winning drives? Zero.

Brees over Brady? Nonsense.

Combining their 2010 seasons with their past I'd say I'd rank them as follows currently going into the next season.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Michael Vick
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Phillip Rivers
7. Ben Roethlsberger
8. Matt Ryan
9. Matt Cassel
10. Joe Flacco

Just my top ten.

What you criticized Sanchez for, you could make the same criticisms for Rodgers when you think about it. The NFC Championship game, the 2nd half of the Philly game, week 17 against the Bears, and the Jets game... those were all won because of Green Bay's defense. They're as much as the reason why the Pack are in the Super Bowl as Aaron Rodgers is, if not more.

Of course, you could make the same case against Big Ben as well, but Roethlisberger has so many winning game winning drives that it's unfair to do that. Aaron Rodgers game winning drives? Zero.

True. I can also argue that Mark Sanchez currently has the highest career passer rating of any QB in NFL history with at least 1,500 attempts with a 98.4.

Wait, no I can't. That's Aaron Rodgers.

Well I can argue that Mark Sanchez has the lowest career interception % in NFL history!

Wait, I was wrong. Also Aaron Rodgers. 1.99%.

At least Mark Sanchez led his team in the Division Round of the 2010 playoffs with a prolific 31-for-36 / 366 yard / 3 TD performance against the conference's #1 seed on the road.

Whoops. Rodgers again.

Well that's just one game. Mark Sanchez did post the 3rd best QB rating in the 2010 regular season with a 101.2, throwing 28 TD's and 11 INT's, and a 65.7% completion rate.

Sorry man, also Rodgers. Sanchez's numbers, let's see...75.3 passer rating...27th in the NFL...17 TD's and 13 INT's...54.8% completion percentage...OOOOOKKKKKKAAAAYYYYYYY...

But you're right. Same criticisms for Rodgers that I make for Sanchez. :rolleyes:

Yes, the Packers defense is a HUGE reason they are in the Super Bowl. But you cannot feasibly compare Rodgers and Sanchez. It's filet mignon next to a well done 80% fat cheeseburger...with Velveeta!

My list:
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Drew Brees
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Philip Rivers
7. Mike Vick
8. Matt Ryan
9. Eli Manning
10. Mark Sanchez
11. Joe Flacco
12. Matt Cassell
13. Matt Schaub
14. Tony Romo
15. Jay Cutler
16. Sam Bradford
17. Josh Freeman
18. Kyle Orton
19. Kevin Kolb
20. Ryan Fitzpatrick
21. Carson Palmer
22. Matt Hasselbeck
23. Tim Tebow
24. David Garrard
25. Jason Campbell
26. Donovan McNabb
27. Tarvaris Jackson
28. Chad Pennington
29. Matthew Stafford
30. Chad Henne
31. Charlie Whitehurst
32. the Arizona guys
987654357987. Vince Young

I miss anyone?
You missed a few. Chad Henne, Pennington, VY/Kerry Collins, the Arizona piles of crap (Anderson/Hall/Skelton), Matt Hasselbeck, Charlie Whitehurst, Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb, Tarvaris Jackson to name some. Granted all but Hasselbeck belong towards the bottom of the list (I put Hasselbeck higher then your lowest ranking). And I assume we can leave guys like Brett Favre (and likely Kerry Collins) off the list.

1. Tom Brady
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Philip Rivers
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Mike Vick
10. Matt Schaub
11. Matt Cassell
12. Mark Sanchez
13. Eli Manning
14. Tony Romo
15. Jay Cutler
16. Sam Bradford
17. Kyle Orton
18. Josh Freeman
19. Matthew Stafford
20. Kevin Kolb
21. Carson Palmer
22. David Garrard
23. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Agree / disagree? Why?

I will only comment on guys that we are not close on, as negligible differences can really only be attributed to preference.

Lower:
Joe Flacco: he and Mark Sanchez have been extremely similar so far, and to me they should be right next to each other in the rankings.
Matt Shaub: Every year the Texans are expected to break through to the next (playoff) level. Every year they don't. Yes, he has some good numbers a bunch, but numbers don't equate to wins. He's been pretty good, but no way has he been top-10 good.

Higher:
Ben Rapes-chicks-berger: 3 Super Bowl appearances in 6 years, no way he's lower then Rodgers (yet, in a few years hopefully that changes).
Eli Manning: Super Bowl XLII. Magically escaping 3 Pats defenders. 2 minute drill to win the game against an undefeated team with a very good D.
Ryan Fitzpatrick: He had a damn good year. In BUFFALO for Christ sake. BUFFALO, throwing to Stevie Johnson. STEVIE JOHNSON. Nuff said.
Peyton Manning: He might have had one of his better years this year. He was throwing to (at best) Reggie Wayne and a UFL team. Peyton Manning was the only reason they were not a top-5 pick this year, yet alone in the playoffs winning their division.

Roethlsberger is good but he's never really been the focal point to the Steelers winning championships. He can play badly and his team will still win many times, like against the Jets on Sunday.

Also lol @ talking about career stats when comparing Rodgers and Sanchez when both have only been starters for barely a few seasons. Career stats don't mean much until you actually, you know, have a career.

Roethlsberger is good but he's never really been the focal point to the Steelers winning championships. He can play badly and his team will still win many times, like against the Jets on Sunday.
Agreed. However, there's no way you can keep him out of the top-5, in my eyes, and I put him right behind the old guys, cause of the whole, you know, 3 Super Bowl Appearances thing.

I'm not trying to start anything, but the Pats did win 11 games without Tom Brady in 2008, and really were a team that won Super Bowls because of the Defense. Clearly I'm not discounting Brady (I have him 1 for God sake), but what you say about Ben similar could be said about Brady.

Also lol @ talking about career stats when comparing Rodgers and Sanchez when both have only been starters for barely a few seasons. Career stats don't mean much until you actually, you know, have a career.
agreed, and I have a dog in that fight. I also know that to try and say they are on equal footing right now is asinine.

500. Tarvaris Jackson (can I go any lower?)

Joe Webb has potential if they keep him at QB.

Brees over Brady? Nonsense.

Combining their 2010 seasons with their past I'd say I'd rank them as follows currently going into the next season.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Michael Vick
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Phillip Rivers
7. Ben Roethlsberger
8. Matt Ryan
9. Matt Cassel
10. Joe Flacco

Just my top ten.

I agree that nobody is ahead of Brady. The dude only lost his #1 WR this year (Moss) and threw 30+ TD's and only 6 INT's. Quick, name his top 3 receivers. I can't either.

I think you're overvaluing Vick. He came from out of nowhere, but you saw as the season went on that teams were able to better adjust to him. He's a good pocket passer - far better than he used to be - and he can still scramble. I see him in the top 10, but not the top 5. And damn sure not ahead of Rodgers.

I agree that nobody is ahead of Brady. The dude only lost his #1 WR this year (Moss) and threw 30+ TD's and only 6 INT's. Quick, name his top 3 receivers. I can't either.

I think you're overvaluing Vick. He came from out of nowhere, but you saw as the season went on that teams were able to better adjust to him. He's a good pocket passer - far better than he used to be - and he can still scramble. I see him in the top 10, but not the top 5. And damn sure not ahead of Rodgers.

I'm probably overvaluing Vick but like I said I'm basing this in large part off of 2010, and Vick was excellent this past season and probably would be the MVP if it wasn't for Brady. You can't undervalue how dangerous a guy like Vick can be, and that's hard for me to say because I think Vick is a piece of shit scumbag and hate seeing him succeed. But I just can't deny how dangerous he is when his game is on.

I've seen alot more of Vick in 2010 than I did of Rodgers though, so I won't claim to be an expert.

My actual Top Ten:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Phillip Rivers
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Tony Romo
8. Michael Vick
9. Joe Flacco
10. Eli Manning

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Phillip Rivers
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Michael Vick
8. Matt Ryan
9. Tony Romo (Shoot me, I think he is a good QB)
10. Eli Manning
11. Matt Schaub
12. Josh Freeman
13. Matt Cassel
14. Joe Flacco
15. Mark Sanchez
16. Jay Cutler
17. Matthew Stafford
18. Kyle Orton
19. Sam Bradford
20. David Garrard
21. Ryan Fitzpatrick
22. Carson Palmer
23. Donovan McNabb
24. Matt Hasselbeck
25. Jason Campbell

Rivers > Rodgers

I notice almost everyone has Rodgers ranked higher than Rivers. I can only assume your all living in the moment with his current SB appearance.

There stats are pretty similar, but Rivers has the edge in pretty much every important statistical category over the last three years.

I'm probably overvaluing Vick but like I said I'm basing this in large part off of 2010, and Vick was excellent this past season and probably would be the MVP if it wasn't for Brady. You can't undervalue how dangerous a guy like Vick can be, and that's hard for me to say because I think Vick is a piece of shit scumbag and hate seeing him succeed. But I just can't deny how dangerous he is when his game is on.

I've seen alot more of Vick in 2010 than I did of Rodgers though, so I won't claim to be an expert.

In all fairness, I may be undervaluing him. He was mentioned in the MVP race before Brady just turned it up to another level and passed by everybody, lapping many.

When Vick's game is on - seeing receivers, making the right choices, running for first downs and not diving head first - he's probably the most dangerous player in the NFL.

Rivers is very good stats-wise, he's just not clutch at all and has never made an impact in the playoffs though.

I'm shocked by all the Romo love. If this was 2007 he'd be in my Top Ten, but not now, no way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back