• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Funniest Wrestler in History?

Funniest Wrestler/Personality of All Time?

• The Rock

• Ric Flair

• Booker T

• Scott Steiner

• Ultimate Warrior

• Bobby Heenan

• Stone Cold Steve Austin

• Chris Jericho

• John Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tino571

Dark Match Jobber
There's nothing like having a big laugh during our favorite wrestling shows, and there are a few individuals who almost never fail to make us laugh at our TV sets. So the question is simple: Who do you think is the funniest wrestler/personality of all time? Here's the choices:

1. The Rock- From calling Stephanie McMahon a 2 Dollar **** to putting on his own concert in the ring to all of the memorable catchphrases, The Rock never fails to entertain on the mic.

2. Ric Flair- The Nature Boy's classic rants in the middle of the ring, stripping down to his underwear just to drop a knee on his own jacket, and his classic reactions at ringside have cracked up the fans for decades.

3. Booker T- Whether talking ghetto or saying his classic "Kiiiing Bookahhhh", Booker T has to be considered one hilarious entertainer.

4. Bobby Heenan- In my opinion, the funniest commentator of all time. His spats with Gorilla Monsoon are just classic, and his commentary during Ric Flair's Royal Rumble victory was probably the greatest I have ever heard.

5. Scott Steiner- He probably wasn't trying to be funny all those times he grabbed a microphone, but the majority of his incoherent rants have certainly made us chuckle.

6. John Cena- Wisecracking jokes and freestyling on his opponents (wish he would bring that gimmick back), Cena, love him or hate him, has made us laugh before.

7. Chris Jericho- Circa 2000, Y2J was gold on the stick, calling Stephanie a trashbag ho and giving us moments we will never, eeeeeever forget again

8. Stone Cold Steve Austin- The inventor of the "WHAT?" chant, throwing up middle fingers to Vinnie Mac constantly, giving the McMahons a beer bath, and even playing the guitar for Vince Mcmahon backstage, Austin has provided us with some classic crack up moments.

9. Ultimate Warrior- Again like Steiner, wasn't trying to be funny during his crazed promos, but made us all laugh nonetheless as we got older and watched his craziness.

So who takes the title of most humorous superstar? Feel free to mention others that I forgot to put in this poll.

I'm gonna go with Doink the Clown, only because I was very young at the time, and found his antics funny. But the evil Doink use to scare me :L

The Rock was funny at the expense of others. Booker T was good as King Booker, but really goofy. Steiner's comedy was not intentional. Austin and Jericho most definitely had their moments. I've can't recall ever laughing at Warrior or Cena, or Flair. I'm going with the ever entertaining Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

Rock for sure, he cam up with new and funny lines everytime he came out and would keep you entertained.It seemed to just come to him so easy and thats why he si the funniest ever.

The Rock made me laugh all the time becuase I just couldn't stop laughing at him. Like the time where his sun glasses fell off his face and mankind picked them up forhim and he said the rock thanks you. Sounds stupid right but that was hilarious to me. But why is john cena up there he ,ade me laugh with his rapper gimmick but now he tries to make people laugh saying what his email address was which wasn't even a funny name. but other than the ultimate warrior everybody on your poll is are people who really made me laugh but the rock stands out the most. But like BuckshotBrian13 said DX could've been another choice.

See now this is hard..
80's? then Jesse the Body. With out a doubt.
90's? HBK as part of DX. yes they were not around much (him anyway) of the 90's, but the original stuff was great.
2000-2009, The Rock. No one could compare, or compete, maybe Y2J.
And for this decade? well, it's just started, but im still going with Santino. Love him or hate him, he really has his moments.

But for the sake of the Poll, I picked The Rock.

I would normally say Rock or Y2J but......I'm going announcer and WCW verison Macho Man Randy Savage. I'm sorry but the dude was genius at promo's but also completly incoherent sometime as well lmao.

I GOT TO SAY GOLDUST, ESPECIALLY THE STUFF HE DID WITH BOOKER T. BUT I COULD WATCH WHERE HE DRESSED UP AS THE CROCIDLE HUNTER AND PISS MYSELF EVERY TIME.

the rock hands downhis trashing of the nwo and spoiling this is your life rock were great. but what takes the cake for me was his back and forth brief verbal rivalry with the hurricane accumulating with the hurricane beating the scorpian king due to interference from stone cold

Got to say Rock.
Jericho, Austin, even Cena all had their moments, but Rock delivered on the mic every time. Most wrestlers have a catchphrase the audience go along with, some even have 2, occasionally a wrestler could even get 3. Rock had about 10. People just couldn't get enough when he picked up a mic. Even as a heel the crowd were still joining in with his sayings and piss takes. Oh how we wish he would come back, put his "new, electrifying t-shirt" over Michael Cole and make him keep quiet and his head still. Nice shirt, 25 cents, it doesn't matter, who in the blue hell are you, they all got the crowd salivating over what he would say or do next. There was never anyone in his league, before, during, or after. It will take someone special to even get realistically compared to him.

Why the fuck hasn't Santino been even mentioned? You have John Cena but NOT SANTINO MARELLLA?

Dude, Santino is ridiculous, si.
Santino sacrificed his in ring career, si.
Santino will never accomplish anything other than comedy jobber, si.
SANTINO IS THE FUNNIEST MAN IN WRESTLING TODAY... si.

From the cheesy accent, to the look, to the finisher, Santino is honestly even funnier than The Rock, while he isn't as good as the rock at all, hes still funnier. Has anyone seen Santinos Casa? Pure comedy my friend, Santino atleast deserves a little recognition.

So yea, my pick my friends, is Santino Marella!

I'm not saying santino isn't funny (admittedly I didn't even think of him when I put my reply), but in my opinion, he isn't even close to the Rock. He is (and probably will remain) the funniest of this decade, but I really think that as good as he is IF he were to ever enter a comedy skit against Rock, there would only be one winner, and he wouldn't be Italian.
Comedy wise -
Austin = Good
Jericho , Santino = Great
Rock = Greatest. ;)

I was kind of suprised that Eddie Guerrero wasn't in the list, He was one of the funniest wrestlers of the decade. Out of that list though it would be obviously the rock. He is just so natural on this mic and cracked me up everytime. Chris jericho is a close second.

I have to say DX, what they did to Vince was just amazing and loads of other people. Their parody of the McMahons was really funny, and to finish it they just drop loads of shit on the Mcmahons and the Spirit Squad. This has to be the funniest thing I've seen in WWE, so I'm going to say DX.

Why no Santino, E&C or DX those three are all top five for me.

I have to go with The Rock though, I just finished watching the extras on The Rocks DVD and I could not stop laughing throughout , my favourite had to be his promo on Billy Gunn especially the bit where he is pretending to be god and cally Billy 'Bob' he tries to correct him but "God" says "it dosent matter what your name is" that part had me cracking up so much. I also loved his promo where he was mocking his opponents for the six man HIAC.

DX come a close second for me as I said earlier. From their parodys of The Nation, The Corporation and The Mcmahons (Shawn O Mac was hilarious) to their public service announcement with the words they werent meant to say to the invasion of WCW they left us with many hilarious moments.

actually, one you left off that upsets me..

The Road Dogg Jesse James. That guy was pure Promo gold. Everyone credits King for the use of "Puppies!" but it was first coined by Road Doggy Dog

well i think norman smiley was pretty funny the way he screamed like a little girl to the smiley shuffel lol

on the wwe side i would have to say santino

Although not a wrestler (then again you mentioned Heenan). The funniest 'wrestler' today is Michael Cole (again explain by Heenan as to why wrestler was mentioned). This is going to cause about 99% of people here going WTF or mentally insane. However it is that funny every time he says the word 'Vintage' knowing how mad people go over it! Despite the word being used by Cole since his early days on Smackdown, people have only took offensive to it now.

In terms of actually being funny, nobody comes close to The Rock. Sure DX had their promos, Jericho too but The Rock had everything from crowd interaction (see his promo against Road Dogg), quick on his feet. Could deliver humour in his matches, he had it all. Like old school Jericho and DX, it was his own material and not the forced stuff we get now.

I would like to see Kurt Angle on the list actually. He's more known for his intense persona but he had the capasity to be hilarious! Remember the time, when Austin was heel, the two of them were competing for Vince's affection? They sang to him and tried to play guitar! It was great. Austin sang Kumbiya and Kurt did Jimmy Crack Corn! Great stuff. Austin and Angle really are naturals on the mic, whether they're doing comedy or serious promos.

I voted for the Naitch. Stone Cold and The Rock were also very funny. Naitch got my vote just because he'd been around for so long and his promos have always been hilarious.

I would probably have to say Shawn Michaels. There's a lot of wrestlers that has made me laugh, or chuckle at a lot of the things they have done in the ring, as well as outside of the ring. Shawn Michaels however holds the ability to make me laugh with pretty much any promo he makes. He always has some kind of way to get a reaction out of me, and a lot of times it is indeed laugther.

Shawn has entertained for pretty much his entire career, he's always been a show man. While he has also been a great in-ring performer. So Shawn Michaels to me is indeed the funniest wrestler in the history of the business.

Kurt Angle for me. His geeky promos in 2000-2001 were comedy gold. My fav was when he met Austin the hallway of some PPV. Innocent, naive and patronising all in one. Genius.

He won an Olympic Gold Medal with a broken freakin neck ya know.

Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana, for my money! Heenan was great as a manager/commentator, but this was after his wrestling days were behind him. Cabana has made me laugh more than any wrestler on your list. It's too bad WWE had no idea what to do with 'Scotty Goldman', he could have put Santino to shame.

I was the vote for Booker T

Have you heard him on commentary? hes hilarious imo. for example, the "Batista is down" commentary he did on Smackdown a few years ago... I can't help but laugh when I think of that. Hell he made me actually enjoy a few segments with The freakin Boogeyman just because Booker was so funny.

the only other option I was considering was Scott Steiner. And this is all just my opinion but out of the list I really have never found Jericho or Cena funny.

Has to be the Great One, The Rock.
Just so funny, so much charisma. Even his simple stuff like cutting a guy off when he was saying his name "It doesn't matter what your name is!" to his deeper stuff like having his own concert on RAW. Special mentions to Y2J and Austin but damn The Rock was THE man. Oh and Ric Flair. But I don't know whether he was trying to be funny or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back