• M

• obamartins

• Rainbow Yaz

• stonecoldhell

• The Boss

• The Dragon Saga

• Zeven_Zion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because history is the only place where Hulk Hogan remains relevant to professional wrestling.
Sure. That's why TNA and WWE have continued to shell out millions of dollars for his services. That's why whenever he appears at an event ticket sales are always higher even though he is not wrestling.
That's been so long ago that people could be forgiven for not remembering the details without a Google search.
That's only true of the youngest generation who are so undereducated they must rely on Google for everything. They can't even determine truth from lies (or just sheer ignorance). They just pick a page that they happen to like and copy and paste it as fact without any research. My generation and all before me were required to learn. Today's young generation are among the dumbest in history.

Sure. That's why TNA and WWE have continued to shell out millions of dollars for his services. That's why whenever he appears at an event ticket sales are always higher even though he is not wrestling.
How'd that end up working out for TNA, anyways? As far as the WWE giving Hulk Hogan millions, that hasn't happened during this century.

Take note that I specifically said professional wrestling. I will take nothing away from his abilities as a pitchman for breast cancer awareness.

How'd that end up working out for TNA, anyways?
Where do I begin?
- In January 2010 they had their highest rating ever (HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN's debut).
- In 2011 they saw their highest yearly average rating (1.17 - rounded to 2.0).
- 2011 also saw them surpass WWE in the ratings and become the number one show in the UK.
- In 2012 they continued their global expansion and recorded Impact in the UK for the first time.
- Also in 2012, as the TNA fan base continued to grow they set a record for their largest domestic attendance at 5,500 (Slammiversary)
- In 2013 they again broke their attendance record as 7,200 fans came to see Lockdown.

That's a lot of growth in such a short time. More interesting is that all of those records still stand as TNA never drew that well before HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and has failed to maintain the fans that he brought in. But hey... they have their funny looking ring back. That's all that matters right?

As far as the WWE giving Hulk Hogan millions, that hasn't happened during this century.
TNA and WWE were in a bidding war for his services late last year and as always you know that he went with the higher bid. If he was already making millions in TNA then you know he HAS to be making millions in WWE.

Take note that I specifically said professional wrestling. I will take nothing away from his abilities as a pitchman for breast cancer awareness.
So in other words, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can do it all!

In hindsight, obamartinis only was a fan of Kevin Nash and stonecoldhell loved Austin. The Boss on the other hand is infatuated with HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. My vote was misplaced here.

Where do I begin?
- In January 2010 they had their highest rating ever (HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN's debut).
- In 2011 they saw their highest yearly average rating (1.17 - rounded to 2.0).
- 2011 also saw them surpass WWE in the ratings and become the number one show in the UK.
- In 2012 they continued their global expansion and recorded Impact in the UK for the first time.
- Also in 2012, as the TNA fan base continued to grow they set a record for their largest domestic attendance at 5,500 (Slammiversary)
- In 2013 they again broke their attendance record as 7,200 fans came to see Lockdown.
Disco sold twice as many records in 1972 then it did in 1971, and twice as many more in 1973! If these trends continue, WHOA!

Props on rounding a 1.1 to a 2.0 for the sake of argument, though. Spike TV was expecting a 2.0 from the Hulk Hogan era in TNA, and that's the only way they could have gotten it.
TNA and WWE were in a bidding war for his services late last year and as always you know that he went with the higher bid. If he was already making millions in TNA then you know he HAS to be making millions in WWE.
Just because I'm able to rent you a hammer for $4 million, doesn't mean the next person in line is required to pay me $5 million to rent it. It means you're an idiot for renting a $4 million dollar hammer, especially when it doesn't work the way you thought it would. What idiot would pay $5 million for a hammer when he just watched it not work for the last guy who paid for it? Especially when the last guy who rented it isn't going to be coming back since he's broke from renting a $4 million hammer?
So in other words, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can do it all!
Except flatback. You might have to encourage someone to do a Google search for the last time that happened, but I'm pretty sure it was Hogan/Sting a few years back.

Disco sold twice as many records in 1972 then it did in 1971, and twice as many more in 1973! If these trends continue, WHOA!
Point being, they saw growth every year that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN was there. They never did that before or since. He obviously had positive influence.

Props on rounding a 1.1 to a 2.0 for the sake of argument, though. Spike TV was expecting a 2.0 from the Hulk Hogan era in TNA, and that's the only way they could have gotten it.
Oops, lol typo on my part. You got me there. I meant to say 1.17 rounded to 1.2. None the less, 2011 was still their highest yearly average.

Just because I'm able to rent you a hammer for $4 million, doesn't mean the next person in line is required to pay me $5 million to rent it. It means you're an idiot for renting a $4 million dollar hammer, especially when it doesn't work the way you thought it would. What idiot would pay $5 million for a hammer when he just watched it not work for the last guy who paid for it? Especially when the last guy who rented it isn't going to be coming back since he's broke from renting a $4 million hammer?
Say WHAT?!?! Is this suddenly about Greg Valentine? Well, to use your example, if someone is paying $4 million to rent my hammer and wants to keep using it, why would I rent it to someone else unless it's for more money?

Except flatback. You might have to encourage someone to do a Google search for the last time that happened, but I'm pretty sure it was Hogan/Sting a few years back.
Yes it was. And that was just a few months after the final and most serious of his nine back surgeries. Even then he showed that he could get back into the ring, take a few bumps and still get the biggest pop of the night. Since then he has had plenty of time to heal and get back into shape.

Point being, they saw growth every year that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN was there. They never did that before or since. He obviously had positive influence.
Obviously. Just not the amount of positive influence he was paid to produce, being one of the largest budget items in the company.
Say WHAT?!?! Is this suddenly about Greg Valentine? Well, to use your example, if someone is paying $4 million to rent my hammer and wants to keep using it, why would I rent it to someone else unless it's for more money?
Because the person who was paying you $4 million doesn't have $4 million to offer anymore.
Yes it was. And that was just a few months after the final and most serious of his nine back surgeries. Even then he showed that he could get back into the ring, take a few bumps and still get the biggest pop of the night. Since then he has had plenty of time to heal and get back into shape.
His rash of physical activity since then has definitely demonstrated that he has fully recovered from his previous injuries, as men in their late 50's are prone to do. He steps through a pair of ring ropes as well as any man out there.

Yeah, the Boss is really working hard to get this award.

I would have voted TWJC had he been nominated. Every single one of his posts ends up about how smarks suck and how awesome he is because smarks suck. It seems as if that's his mission in life: to tell smarks that they suck.

Yeah, the Boss is really working hard to get this award.

I would have voted TWJC had he been nominated. Every single one of his posts ends up about how smarks suck and how awesome he is because smarks suck. It seems as if that's his mission in life: to tell smarks that they suck.

Self-hating smarks are the absolute worst. No, scratch that... self-hating members of the IWC are the worst.

Obviously. Just not the amount of positive influence he was paid to produce, being one of the largest budget items in the company.
Then why were they still trying to retain his services? I'm sure that if it had not been for the approaching WrestleMania xXx which both HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN wanted to be a part of and Vince wanted him to be a part of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN would have stayed with TNA

Because the person who was paying you $4 million doesn't have $4 million to offer anymore.
Please. Panda Energy is a multi billion dollar company that couldn't spend all of their money if they tried. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN (as well as Flair) were paid through them not TNA.

His rash of physical activity since then has definitely demonstrated that he has fully recovered from his previous injuries, as men in their late 50's are prone to do. He steps through a pair of ring ropes as well as any man out there.
WWE is just saving him for the right moment. Just like they have been saving Sting.

Yeah, but are you a good source of info for HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN?

Apparently all caps makes a difference.

Only in Japan.

Yeah, but I doubt this guy even knows what you mean by that one. I see what you did there, though.

Also, how long has it even been since anyone has actually called him 'Hollywood' anyway? Certainly not recently enough to warrant the constant use of the nickname every time he refers to Hogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back