Food For Thought

hatehabsforever

Staff member
First of all, thanks to everyone associated with the ABC Party for taking the time to vote in the first phase of the primaries. At 48 out of a possible 60 voters, or 80%, our party had the best turnout of the three parties involved. Despite the suggestions of others that we would not turn out in high numbers, we maintained our solidarity and unity. Hopefully we can continue to do so in the second phase of the primaries, and more importantly, in the general election itself. In fact, I hope we can even increase our numbers of voters. If we can get everyone who voted to do so again, and get the other 12 guys involved, I still maintain that this election is ours for the taking.

Thanks in particular to the guys who voted for me specifically, I appreciate it. Now I just need to figure out a way to get more of you to do so, which I will attempt to do in this thread. It won't be easy, because as I have continued to say throughout this whole process, Dagger Dias and The Killjoy are both excellent candidates to become our newest moderator. I won't throw either of them under the bus or trash talk them because frankly, I think they are both deserving candidates and I have little negative to say about either of them. I continue to maintain that I am the better option for this election, though, as I will discuss now.

My position has been clear from the outset. I want to moderate in the non-spam wrestling section. Specifically, I want to co-moderate the TNA section along side of It's Damn Real. I have already stated on several occasions why I have chosen this area. The focus of these forums should continue to be non-spam wrestling; there is a far greater degree of traffic and therefore a much larger demand for moderating in these sections. The WWE section is already totally under control. IDR has TNA under control as well but as this section experiences increasing traffic for an improving product, and as the demands upon IDR's time increases in his personal life, I think the time is now to add a second TNA moderator. IDR himself has stated that he is receptive to the idea. And I think that I have the longevity, the experience, and the ability to do the job effectively, and I can do so by moderating from a different perspective than IDR, thereby encouraging more debate and keeping things interesting but respectful. The dynamic that IDR and I can bring collectively could be interesting, and I hope to be given the opportunity to prove it.

With regards to Dagger, I think he would be an excellent choice to be a moderator on these forums. He can boast both quantity and quality with respect to his posting abilities. He is intelligent, polite, respectful, passionate, and would be an asset to the staff, IF he were to be chosen by the administrators by conventional means. But the simple fact of the matter is, this is not the typical approach to selecting a new mod. This is a general election open to everyone, it is a popularity contest and as such, it has to be looked at differently.

In my opinion, Dagger receives a lot of unfair and unnecessary grief from other posters on these forums. While I do not share the sentiments of those who bash him on here, there is no denying that among some people on these forums, there is a distinct anti-Dagger opinion amongst the uncommitted voting population from whom we will need votes to win this election. As I said, I feel guilty about even bringing it up because the bullshit that I read about Dagger on here is typically inaccurate and unfair and does not represent my views on him at all, yet there is no denying that these thoughts are on here. And this is a popularity based election and such sentiments will not help our chances of winning this election.

The whole load of crap that continues to be dredged up regarding that video game is one example of this. Dagger chose to share his video game with the members of these forums, and received a lot of unnecessary and unfair criticism of his efforts. He reacted in a manner that many of us, myself included, would have reacted. He was insulted and got defensive. While I think the continued references by others to this game is stupid, the fact of the matter remains that a lot of people still make reference to it, and I think votes will be lost because of it. Similarly, there are the nonsensical comments that people post on here about Dagger. Quantity over quality, post padding, "Daggerizing" posts, etc., all a bunch of bullshit if you ask me, but nonetheless, this sentiment is unfairly out there and as such, when someone who may be considering an option to Coco (or someone else) is contemplating voting, I think a lot of guys will not choose him for these reasons.

Look at the comments posted by guys like JGlass, Doc, Nick, Justin, Coco, Milenko, Slyfox, Mozz, and others. Even guys within our own party, such as Muffin Top Merkley and shattered dreams, have spoken negatively of Dagger and have suggested that in all likelihood, they will not support him in the general election.They all make clear anti-Dagger comments, indicating they won't vote for him, and are encouraging others to not vote for him either. This is the last thing we need for the representative of our party who, in addition to carrying our own entire vote, will need the support of the non-ABC guys, to win the election. Simply put, I don't think he'll get it. Make no mistake about it, if he is our representative, he will unquestionably receive my support, 100%, but I think my views are not shared by several people beyond the confines of our own party, or for that matter, even within our own party.

There has also been a little waffling regarding the section to be moderated. First, Dagger indicated he wanted to do VG &T. Once the necessity of this section was questioned, he shifted gears into the WWE section. Then he suggested he'd do several sections. It seems to be a little all over the place, trying to appeal to everyone by promising everything. When pressed, he tends to revert back to the VG & T section which I continue to maintain, does not receive enough traffic and interest to warrant a full time moderator. All due respect to Dagger, but I think my thoughts regarding co-moderation of TNA are far more relevant and necessary than any of his fluctuating positions.

Regarding Killjoy, I really cannot criticize him either. I think his knowledge of and passion for TNA is terrific, and he'd be a good moderator there as well. All due respect, though, the suggestion is out there that he tends to be a little trigger happy with regards to reporting posts, many of which are borderline violations, or not violations at all. And I think he displays a strong pro TNA bias which is not necessarily a bad thing, but just seems to be a little redundant with IDR. I think I provide an alternative to, and some balance with, IDR, whereas Killjoy will just echo everything IDR is already saying and as such, won't be as effective a moderator as I would be. I do truly believe that Killjoy will be an excellent moderator on these forums- someday. But I don't think that day is today, and not by way of this election.

When choosing our candidate for the ABC Party, look first and foremost at who can do the job effectively. I think that will apply to all three of us. But then, look beyond this, to the whole idea of electability, ie, who can go face to face, head to head, with DFP or La Resistance, and give them all they can handle? Who can maintain current support within our party? Who can lure guys away from other parties? Who can draw in undecided voters from the general forum population? I would suggest that it isn't Dagger Dias. It isn't The Killjoy. It is hatehabsforever. I encourage you to think about all of this, and choose wisely when voting. After all, we want to ultimately choose someone who will win the election. Otherwise, it will have all been an exercise in futility.

I will once again be throwing my support behind you, sir. And I suggest that the ABC side with hatehabs if we want our collective voice heard when all is said and done. I truly believe he has the best chance of surviving CoCo and Crock, and that is no easy task.

For the Daggar voters out there, don't take my allegiance with hatehabs to mean I am anti-Daggar. He is a great poster, and I consider him among the best currently populating the forums. We've had a polite, friendly relationship and we've never had any issues to my knowledge. The guy is good, but one thing I think may hinder his performance past these primaries is lack of support outside of the ABC party.

I can't say anything about Killjoy, because I honestly haven't studied him. He's a good poster, and from what I've seen he's a good guy. I'm sure if he's made it this far he could do a really solid job as moderator. Regardless of which of these three guys moves on, I have faith that we can all rally behind our candidate and win the overall election. So as Hatehabs said, vote for who you think can truly do the best job.

As for me and my house, we follow the hatehabs!

Dagger Dias and The Killjoy are both excellent candidates to become our newest moderator. I won't throw either of them under the bus or trash talk them because frankly, I think they are both deserving candidates and I have little negative to say about either of them.

Apart from:

Dagger Dias
there is no denying that among some people on these forums, there is a distinct anti-Dagger opinion amongst the uncommitted voting population from whom we will need votes to win this election.

Summary:
People on the forums dislike Dagger.

He reacted in a manner that many of us, myself included, would have reacted. He was insulted and got defensive. While I think the continued references by others to this game is stupid, the fact of the matter remains that a lot of people still make reference to it, and I think votes will be lost because of it.

Summary:
Not only was Daggers game shit but he is easily upset and turns defensive, Dagger is temperamental.

Similarly, there are the nonsensical comments that people post on here about Dagger. Quantity over quality, post padding, "Daggerizing" posts, etc., I think a lot of guys will not choose him for these reasons.

Summary:
Dagger is all about quantity, he writes a lot of fluff and overall he is NOT quality.

Look at the comments posted by guys like JGlass, Doc, Nick, Justin, Coco, Milenko, Slyfox, Mozz, and others. Even guys within our own party, such as Muffin Top Merkley and shattered dreams, have spoken negatively of Dagger and have suggested that in all likelihood, they will not support him in the general election.They all make clear anti-Dagger comments, indicating they won't vote for him, and are encouraging others to not vote for him either.

Summary:
Even some of the best and well respected posters think he is shit, infact people in his own party think he is shit.

All due respect to Dagger, but I think my thoughts regarding co-moderation of TNA are far more relevant and necessary than any of his fluctuating positions.

Summary:
Dagger cannot even figure out which section to moderate and one of the sections he wants does not even need a moderater.

Killjoy
All due respect, though, the suggestion is out there that he tends to be a little trigger happy with regards to reporting posts, many of which are borderline violations, or not violations at all. And I think he displays a strong pro TNA bias which is not necessarily a bad thing, but just seems to be a little redundant with IDR. I think I provide an alternative to, and some balance with, IDR, whereas Killjoy will just echo everything IDR is already saying and as such, won't be as effective a moderator as I would be.

Summary:
Why do we need Killjoy when we have IDR, both are TNA fanboys and Killjoy will not instigate dedate rather than be blinded by his fanboyism. On top of this all he does is copy and paste news stories from other sites or the main page.

So apart from 90% of your post congratulations on not throwing your competitors under a bus. A true politician :rolleyes:

Apart from:

Dagger Dias

Summary:
People on the forums dislike Dagger.

Summary:
Not only was Daggers game shit but he is easily upset and turns defensive, Dagger is temperamental.

Summary:
Dagger is all about quantity, he writes a lot of fluff and overall he is NOT quality.

Summary:
Even some of the best and well respected posters think he is shit, infact people in his own party think he is shit.

Summary:
Dagger cannot even figure out which section to moderate and one of the sections he wants does not even need a moderater.

Killjoy

Summary:
Why do we need Killjoy when we have IDR, both are TNA fanboys and Killjoy will not instigate dedate rather than be blinded by his fanboyism. On top of this all he does is copy and paste news stories from other sites or the main page.

So apart from 90% of your post congratulations on not throwing your competitors under a bus. A true politician :rolleyes:

Wow. Just wow. I have posting on these forums for nearly five years and never before have I seen someone so completely miss the point of what I was trying to say. I have never seen anyone multi quote one of my posts, while apparently missing the entire point of the post. It's laughable actually. I can only assume this was intentional; I can only assume that this guy (who should really re-think his username if he wants to start talking about truth) is a Dagger supporter who is trying to purposefully attack my campaign with inaccurate and borderline silly nonsense.

No references whatsoever to all of the positive things I had to say about Dagger, and if you re-read the post, there's plenty of it, all of which I believe and Dagger himself knows that. Worse still, there's an onslaught of multi quotes and in every single one of them, no exception, he twists my words into saying something totally different than what I am actually saying. Every single one of them. I won't even bother to break it down quote by quote because frankly, it's not worth the time it would take to do so. I have never seen anyone take my comments so far out of context, and be so completely wrong about everything.

I would advise next time, you take the time to read my comments and consider what it is I am actually saying, rather than your misguided misinterpretations of what you think I am saying. Dagger, Killjoy, and myself have stayed totally above board this entire time. Whoever wins will have the complete support of the others from where I am standing. Not only are your comments incorrect, but they are divisive to the entire party, and will hurt the chances of whoever is fortunate enough to advance. Next time,try thinking before you speak.

Although your own opinions of Dagger and Killjoy may be that they are great and swell guys your post spent an awful lot of the time advertising the faults that others on the WZ forums have with these two. It may have not been your intention to talk negatively about your competitors however by trudging through the archives and informing the members of the ABC Party (Your Party) about others opinions or misgivings about them it is an indirect against them. There may have been many members of ABC that did not know these things and wanted to base their vote on the campaign of the three of you rather than the smear of negativity that we now all know.

I get that you really want the position of Mod and I really appreciate all the time and effort that you have put in to this process, however I would have rather you talked solely about yourself and what you will do, rather than informing us of what others think of your competitors.

I agree that all 3 of you guys would make excellent candidates for the next Mod and I will also be backing whoever the winner of the ABC election is.

I wonder if Dagger or Killjoy (who are more informed than myself) decided to inform us (ABC) of all the negative things that people think of you, how would you react?

Maybe everybody loves you and no-one has a bad word to say about you, although I doubt this is true, but I have no idea. The reason for this is beacuse none of your competitors have informed us of their or others opinions and feelings about you, perhaps to make it an even playing field, they should.

It's like me saying "Habs is a great poster and would make a great mod but IC25, Sly and Klunderbunker do not like him, infact they think he is a tool".
Many people will know these names and may now decide to change their vote based solely on the opinions of others (power posters) rather than using their own mind and deciding based on the campaigns.

Anyway, I will not be changing my name as what I have said is the truth in my opinion, you may disagree (and yes I did remove some of your positive remarks) but that is your right.

Good Luck with the election!

P.s. Try not to underestimate the popularity of your competition as the primaries was a bit of a landslide

I don't think unspoken truth missed the point at all. I think he nailed it.

Now I know you of all people know better than this. I did not have too much to say to Tha Unspoken Truth because frankly, I am not all that familiar with him. You and I have interacted together many times over the last couple of years, and I know you know better than this. I guess you are just trying to stir the pot a little, which is just fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But I know you didn't read my first post in this thread and think I was saying what he was suggesting I was saying. That's not been my thing and you know it.

Although your own opinions of Dagger and Killjoy may be that they are great and swell guys your post spent an awful lot of the time advertising the faults that others on the WZ forums have with these two. It may have not been your intention to talk negatively about your competitors however by trudging through the archives and informing the members of the ABC Party (Your Party) about others opinions or misgivings about them it is an indirect against them. There may have been many members of ABC that did not know these things and wanted to base their vote on the campaign of the three of you rather than the smear of negativity that we now all know.

So, wait, hatehabs suggests reasons why, in the general election, the other two would lose votes, and that means he's talking trash? He spoke very kind words about both Killjoy and Dagger, but also pointed out their weaknesses (in his and other peoples eyes), and that the reasons he has stated may cause people outside of these parties to choose either DFP or La Resistance come the general election. Hatehabs has stated time and again that the party winning is what is important, so we can all have an imput. To say he doesn't care who wins is ridiculous, but he's merely stating that, in his opinion, there are negatives to others winning comapred to him, and that he feels that he is the best bet out of the three remaining, and actually, he's done it in a pretty decent way in my opinion. That's not trash talking, and that's exactly what you accused him of. Besides, like I said, he wants to win. If he thinks he has an advantage, just like the other two, he has every right to state it, and let people make their own minds up.

All three candidates have great upsides, but they'll all admit they have drawbacks in some areas too, if asked. This party is lucky to have three top quality posters in the running under the ABC banner, and everyone in the party should back whoever they want in this stage, but should then stick with the eventual winner in the final General Election.

Oh, and another thing:

Summary:

Try working on something for a period of time that you enjoy doing to have people insult it and offer very little in constructive feedback. Dagger had every right to react how he did, simple as. Not a dig at you, but that comment isn't fair in the slightest.

Look at the comments posted by guys like JGlass, Doc, Nick, Justin, Coco, Milenko, Slyfox, Mozz, and others. Even guys within our own party, such as Muffin Top Merkley and shattered dreams, have spoken negatively of Dagger and have suggested that in all likelihood, they will not support him in the general election.They all make clear anti-Dagger comments, indicating they won't vote for him, and are encouraging others to not vote for him either. This is the last thing we need for the representative of our party who, in addition to carrying our own entire vote, will need the support of the non-ABC guys, to win the election. Simply put, I don't think he'll get it. Make no mistake about it, if he is our representative, he will unquestionably receive my support, 100%, but I think my views are not shared by several people beyond the confines of our own party, or for that matter, even within our own party.

I haven't made a single "Anti-Dagger" post or comment during my entire time on this forum. I have, however, made a number of "Anti-Dagger 4 Mod" comments during this election, and I stand by every single one. There is a big difference. I have no issue with Dagger, but I strongly believe that his platform is extremely flawed.

There has also been a little waffling regarding the section to be moderated. First, Dagger indicated he wanted to do VG &T. Once the necessity of this section was questioned, he shifted gears into the WWE section. Then he suggested he'd do several sections. It seems to be a little all over the place, trying to appeal to everyone by promising everything. When pressed, he tends to revert back to the VG & T section which I continue to maintain, does not receive enough traffic and interest to warrant a full time moderator. All due respect to Dagger, but I think my thoughts regarding co-moderation of TNA are far more relevant and necessary than any of his fluctuating positions.

Surely this is no different than anything I was saying. In fact, I've made this very point on a number of occasions. So if I'm being accused of "Anti-Dagger" comments, then it looks like we're in the same boat. Welcome aboard, Gilligan.

Regarding Killjoy, I really cannot criticize him either. I think his knowledge of and passion for TNA is terrific, and he'd be a good moderator there as well. All due respect, though, the suggestion is out there that he tends to be a little trigger happy with regards to reporting posts, many of which are borderline violations, or not violations at all. And I think he displays a strong pro TNA bias which is not necessarily a bad thing, but just seems to be a little redundant with IDR. I think I provide an alternative to, and some balance with, IDR, whereas Killjoy will just echo everything IDR is already saying and as such, won't be as effective a moderator as I would be. I do truly believe that Killjoy will be an excellent moderator on these forums- someday. But I don't think that day is today, and not by way of this election.

Either Habs or Killjoy would be the better candidate for a moderator. Seeing that Habs was closer to Dagger in the polls, was the reason why I voted the way that I did. I wanted to narrow the gap, in hopes that votes for Habs would still come in.

If Killjoy was the one behind Dagger, he would have had my vote.

Despite this in fighting, I hope that regardless of who wins, whether you have biases or not against certain people, that this party will back whomever emerges from the primary. I can say with certainty that regardless of their ideas, our 3 guys won't abuse their power as a mod. I'm positive that candidates from other parties will do so, resulting in Lord Sidious part 2. That's the last thing we need as it was truly a wonderful day when he left for good.

We NEED our candidate to win. Argue now and get it out of your system, but please do not let it get to you. We can't afford to lose anyone in the general election. We have the advantage and we need to keep it. There's a reason our party is the biggest and that is because our party believes in something bigger than simply stroking certain poster's egos. Let's stick to our ideals and get our guy elected, regardless of who that guy ends up being.

Now that the primaries are over, and the decision has been made as to our representative for The ABC Party, I once again ask all members of the party to vote together to ensure that Dagger Dias has the best possibility of winning the election and becoming our newest moderator.

It would appear that the choices in the election will be Dagger Dias, Coco The Monkey, and The Crock (unless Harthan was able to pull off the upset). Dagger represents the best choice of the three in my opinion, and I say this with all due respect to Crock who I really like as well. He would be an asset to the staff in the section he wishes to moderate. He is a consistently strong and diverse poster who maintains respect for all other posters, even when he is occasionally being attacked by them. He's passionate about the forums, spends a lot of time on here, and I think has earned the right to become our newest mod.

Even though he defeated me in the primaries :( , I will fully support Dagger moving forward into the election. When I assembled the ABC Party, the whole point was to produce a very strong candidate and to have a large party with strong numbers behind him to increase the likelihood of success in the election. If we do not rally behind him, we run the risk of falling victim to the numbers game, and the whole point of the ABC Party will be lost. Let's face it, winning the election will not be easy. Like them or not, Coco and Crock will be difficult opponents who will have a lot of support from within their parties as well as beyond. If we can produce numbers in the election in the high 40's like we did in both rounds of the primaries, and keep them all in Dagger's camp, he will have a good likelihood of success. If we fragment from within, or "implode" as others have suggested we will, Dagger's chances will drop dramatically. But if we support him as we all should, I think Dagger Dias has a great chance of becoming our newest moderator, which will benefit all of us in the end.

I ask people to put aside any petty differences of opinion and rally hard behind our ABC nominee. When the time comes, be sure to vote for Dagger Dias as our newest moderator.

Food for thought, you all are losing your cool over this? Jesus, we had what 6-7 posts in our voting thread. This thread alone has what, two full pages of bullshit? Just chill the fuck out and have fun, god damn. You don't need to be a mod to post on this forum. Sure being a mod looks fun, but fuck... all you really want to do is lay down the ban hammer. Just chill the fuck down and vote. No need for 17 pages of discussion over this and that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back