FYI

My original intent was to 100% back whoever was chosen from this party until the very end, but there is no way that I can support Dagger after reading his platform and ideas that he would implement if he was mod.

Going into the next set of votes, I'm voting either voting for Habs or Killjoy.

I posted this for two reasons, first to try and get people to back only one of Killjoy or Habs so we could truly see which type of candidate had the most support and second to gauge the level of anti-dagger sentiment within the party. The almost non-existent response seemed to gel with the results of the primaries. At this point I would say I doubt I am not voting for dagger in the election and I suspect most of our party feels that way.

I'd have been happy with either Killjoy or Habs. I'd originally joined KJ's party and voted for him in the first round of the primary but I think he suffered in round two because him and Habs were running on the same platform (TNA Mod). As Habs was leading in that battle, I was happy (if slightly guilty) to lend him my support.

Dagger won the Party election and I was happy for him and ready to place my support behind him (although I was slightly taken aback at him going for the WWe Section given his obvious love of the VG&T Section). To say that I was shocked at the venom he received shocked me, mainly because I'd never witnessed any ill feeling towards him before. I defended many of the things he was accused off and actually was proud of his initial decision to keep out of the hate threads.

In the last few days though, I regretfully find my position untenable due to the fact that he has addressed his detractors. Not because of the fact that he has defended himself but because he has done this in a (and it hurts me to say this because I do believe him to be a decent guy and one that would have given his all to the position) piss poor fashion.

First off; I don't believe he should have placed the rebuttal in this section as it is spam friendly. Had he posted it in General Discussion, at least he would only have had, relatively, decent posts to reply to.

Secondly; 'Gaygate' Whether people shared his opinion from the thread in question or not (and no-one addressed any issues at the time), his contradictory response and refusal to address a gay member of the forum was a severe knock on the character that many ABC members were attempting to protect.

Finally; It would have to be said that I believe many people might finally have resorted to the same behavior given the amount of unrelenting bile aimed at him but dropping to the level of some of his critics, by definition, removed any credit he was due for taking the higher ground early in the campaign. The worst example of this is him responding to a very highly regarded poster with the same 'You're a crap poster' shtick that was fired at him throughout this.

I've explained why I will not be voting for Dagger, now to his two competitors.

Coco will not be receiving my vote for two reasons; I still maintain that he would be handed his desired role outside of this election and I stand by my belief that this concept was to bring in a Mod like a KJ, Habs or JWG - basically guys without reps in double figures who are well regarded within the Forum without maybe being Sly or KB's first thought for a particular section. Secondly, I can't endorse the DFP Party because their hounding of Dias has been, frankly, disturbing.

Crock is a guy I like but his anonymity outside of the debates has disappointed me. The vast majority of his posts just reiterate the DFP position and many more just echo his opponent Coco. I don't feel voting for someone because they're what's left is a decision I could defend. Had he left the ABC & DFP to fight it out and just fought his own campaign, I may have been swayed over.

Basically, all the best to the eventual winner but as far as this election is concerned...
[YOUTUBE]-Ino2DEvl4w[/YOUTUBE]​

More or less sums up how I feel about things as well.

My main hesitation is that if we abstain then it somewhat vindicates the DFP tactics. Dagger may still be the best of the three questionable options, all of which have significant blemishes on their records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back