ABC Party Second Primary Election

Who Should Advance To The General Election?

• The Killjoy

• hatehabsforever

• Dagger Dias

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is the second and final primary election for the party. It will only go on four days instead of the week that it went before due to people being whiny and impatient. This is winner take all.

I really don't get all these Dagger votes. Dude isn't that great from what I've seen. Mind you I don't venture into the Video Game section so I can only go off his wrestling posts.

My vote went to Dagger. Not because I wanted to side with the majority (although I did say I would support anybody from this party who happens to be the poster the people are mostly in favour of). I voted for Dagger because out of the remaining candiates I am far more familiar with his posts and really enjoy his video game threads/posts. I also can tell he has a lot of passion for the subject and although I am sure both Killjoy and hatehabsforever also have lots of passion and are great candidates but I know Dagger Dias much more and he posts a lot in forums I enjoy so for that reason I am sticking with Dagger.

I think that all three candidates could be a decent mod though I would say that among the three Dagger is my last preference. That is because I have a feeling that the existing mods and admins do not think much of him. In one post Sly literally said that he was a terrible poster. I do not agree with that sentiment but it does tell you something. So even if he wins the elections via vote, I would not really bet on him becoming a mod.

Killjoy is someone who I see as very passionate about making the TNA section a better place. But popularity for some reason does not seem to be his strong suit as the polls even in our party would indicate. He is a good poster but somehow I feel that against Coco, Crock and Harthan he may fall somewhat short in a debate. But because of his posting quality and dedication towards the TNA section he deserves some support here. Hell, I even voted for him in the primaries.

My vote here goes to HHF however. Among the three I feel that he is the best poster and someone whom the staff does not really dislike. He has the best chance of the three of taking Coco down. If you see some of the threads in the bar room, he can deal with Coco's trolling as well, better than most mind you, which is something to be kept in mind.

You left out an important detail, Rattlesnake.... Sly thinks I wouldn't be a bad choice for a mod. That is something that needs to be considered. It negates any possibility of me not being modded if I win this election.

As for dealing with Coco's trolling.... I prefer the "Do not feed the trolls!" approach. If we leave them alone and just keep posting, eventually they will either go away or stop. They keep pestering people because people feed them by giving in to their insults. While they might spend all their time mudslinging, I'll be out posting and improving the sections I'll be seeking to mod. Unlike them I have priorities beyond making the world think that someone sucks. I love to post and guide discussion. That is what the top priority of a mod should be and it is what you will get with me. I am fully capable of taking the gloves off and dealing with Coco or Crock when the time comes.

You left out an important detail, Rattlesnake.... Sly thinks I wouldn't be a bad choice for a mod. That is something that needs to be considered. It negates any possibility of me not being modded if I win this election.

Ah sure....but he also said that you would not be his first choice. I expect Sly to be totally impartial but still it is something that puts you at a bit of a disadvantage as compared to Coco and Crock who have not recieved any such comment. From what I see Sly does not hate Coco that much and while he fools around with Crock, his opinion of him is still in the dark.

As for dealing with Coco's trolling.... I prefer the "Do not feed the trolls!" approach. If we leave them alone and just keep posting, eventually they will either go away or stop. They keep pestering people because people feed them by giving in to their insults. While they might spend all their time mudslinging, I'll be out posting and improving the sections I'll be seeking to mod. Unlike them I have priorities beyond making the world think that someone sucks. I love to post and guide discussion. That is what the top priority of a mod should be and it is what you will get with me. I am fully capable of taking the gloves off and dealing with Coco or Crock when the time comes.

That is a good approach but in this election you will have no choice but to feed the trolls. The debate is probably going to be of a more personal nature in which each candidate will try to prove how the other is not deserving of a mod spot. Coco being Coco will resort to trolling and you will have to answer his questions as in a debate you cannot ignore the arguements of other posters. In such a situation, as a guy who gets a bit annoyed at personal insults( like in the Mozz situation), I believe Habs will handle the situation better than you.

I must add though that in case you win this you can expect my full support all the way. Any criticism I am making even now is only to help you and make you aware of the situation.

My current rankings:

Coco
Dagger
Habs
Crock

When Dagger wins this primary I suggests he runs on just wanting to mod a non-spam section and the willingness to help out there wherever the "powers" that be think is best.

Ah sure....but he also said that you would not be his first choice. I expect Sly to be totally impartial but still it is something that puts you at a bit of a disadvantage as compared to Coco and Crock who have not recieved any such comment. From what I see Sly does not hate Coco that much and while he fools around with Crock, his opinion of him is still in the dark.

He did say that, but this election is about giving the posters what they want. If they want a troll king, then Crock or Coco can provide that for them. If they want a friendly poster to become mod and always be willing to lend a hand, while also being prepared to dive headfirst into the process during the busiest time of the year, then I am the man for the job. I am confident that with my support within this party as well as among other regulars, that I can win this thing. There is no question about it that Sly and KB have both seen my dedication more than ever during this election.

That is a good approach but in this election you will have no choice but to feed the trolls. The debate is probably going to be of a more personal nature in which each candidate will try to prove how the other is not deserving of a mod spot. Coco being Coco will resort to trolling and you will have to answer his questions as in a debate you cannot ignore the arguements of other posters. In such a situation, as a guy who gets a bit annoyed at personal insults( like in the Mozz situation), I believe Habs will handle the situation better than you.

I have never been known to back down from a debate or a fight. Yes, I have thrown a Verbal RKO or two at guys like Mozz or Monkey. That was in the The Bar though. I will be conducting the debates maturely, putting over my own platform, and responding strongly to any mudslinging. We here in the ABC Party are a team. A number of our guys have stated that they will assist in fighting the troll horde once they make their inevitable invasion into our HQ and the final debates. I will appreciate all the help and support that I can get if I win. I do have confidence in my abilities and that I can take those two down, but every bit of help is beneficial and I highly encourage every supporter to be ready for whatever they might throw our way.

I must add though that in case you win this you can expect my full support all the way. Any criticism I am making even now is only to help you and make you aware of the situation.

Good. I'm glad I can count on you. You're a good poster and the more of us within this party that we can successfully unite under me (or habs if he wins) then the better the winner's odds of grabbing the brass ring in the end of the deadly triple threat match looming in the horizon.

When Dagger wins this primary I suggests he runs on just wanting to mod a non-spam section and the willingness to help out there wherever the "powers" that be think is best.

Honestly, that sums up my platform and intentions pretty well. There is a litle more to it and I prefer the longer version, but if someone wishes to not read a word fort then that's more or less what I offer in the future.

I think we as a party are damn lucky to have three top-quality posters in the running for this thing. That said, the three who came through are the three I was torn between in the initial vote, and I've now had to pick between them again.

As Rattlesnake has said to Dagger, regardless of who wins this round, I will be backing the winner all the way. Any of you three guys would make damn fine mods, and I will be a proud supporter of whoever advances.

ABC FTW.

First off, I'm very sorry to see the lack of love for KJ but I feel he has fell victim of the fact him and Habs are chasing the same position. Having said that, I do respect the fact that members have decided to back one guy instead of splitting the vote with the similar aspirations.

I really like Dagger and enjoy his posts, but I have voted for Habs because, as well as equally enjoyable posts, I believe he plans to assist in the TNA section. With the exception of a slight TW obsession a couple years ago and some MarioKart at college, I haven't followed video games since the Commodore 64 was state of the art :)blush:).

Having said that, should DD win out here, my full support will be in his corner and I will look forward to waging war with him once more next year when my Marvel guys and gals go up against his pixelated characters in the Super Heroes Tourney!

My vote went to Dagger. Not because I wanted to side with the majority (although I did say I would support anybody from this party who happens to be the poster the people are mostly in favour of). I voted for Dagger because out of the remaining candiates I am far more familiar with his posts and really enjoy his video game threads/posts. I also can tell he has a lot of passion for the subject and although I am sure both Killjoy and hatehabsforever also have lots of passion and are great candidates but I know Dagger Dias much more and he posts a lot in forums I enjoy so for that reason I am sticking with Dagger.

Something that needs to be considered for this election is separating the poster from the potential moderator. What I mean by that is people might enjoy Dagger's post and contributions that he brings to the forum as a poster, but this election isn't to decided who is or is not a member in good standing of this forum. This election is to decide what poster will make the best moderator and after reading all of Dagger's intention of running, plus the ideas of what he would do if elected as a moderator, there is no way that I can support him.

Support Dagger as a poster if you choose, but before voting Dagger as a moderator, reread all of the post that he has made, not only in his platform, but throughout this entire election. I cannot be convinced that anyone will be voting for Dagger based off of why he wants to be a moderator, and THAT is what we should be voting for.

This is to decide on a future moderator of this forum. Dagger has clearly laid out his "vision" of what his role as a moderator would consist of, and it is not one that will benefit the forums.

Let me be amongst the first to congratulate Dagger Dias on winning the primaries and earning the opportunity to represent The ABC Party in the Wrestlezone General Election.

While I would be lying if I were to say that I wasn't disappointed about not winning, at least I can draw comfort in the fact that I lost to a very deserving candidate, a guy who is ultimately going to win the election. The whole point of the ABC Party for me was to produce a top notch candidate for our party for the election, and to have a large party behind him to support him moving forward. Success on both counts if you ask me.

Dagger has conducted himself quite well throughout the primaries. He fought a totally clean campaign, was polite and respectful throughout, and will serve us well as our newest moderator. To state the obvious, Dagger Dias will have my full 100% support heading into the election. He definitely has my vote, and if you need any assistance throughout the process, Dagger, shoot me a PM and I'll help you out in any way I can.

We have made our selection. Now we just need to rally behind him in high and strong numbers. 48/60 voters in round one, 49/60 in round two. We need to at least maintain these numbers, and hopefully expand them even further. Please let's ensure that our entire party rallies behind Dagger Dias heading into the election. With the full support of the entire party, plus Dagger's ability to appeal people beyond the confines of our party, it should make for a very interesting and competitive election. An election that Dagger can, and hopefully will, win.

Once again, congratulations to our ABC representative and our newest Wrestlezone moderator, Dagger Dias.

Dagger has clearly laid out his "vision" of what his role as a moderator would consist of, and it is not one that will benefit the forums.

How exactly is my vision not going to benefit the forum? I plan to look after my section as my top priority over posting or repping. Starting threads. Debating to be actvely involved with the posters. Guiding threads to remain on topic. Cleaning spam. Being available to answer questions whenever someone needs help or advice. Helping keep the Video Games section active alongside my duties as a Wrestling mod. How is any of that not beneficial? It is what this forum needs from a mod right now and it is what I intend to do, just as I said in my platform.

You do not have to support me. I like you and do want your support. However if Crock/Harthan or Coco offer something you prefer then I will not force you or anyone else to support me. That choice is up to each poster individually. My supporters know exactly what they will get with me as the next mod of this forum, my platform goes into detail on all of my intentions and visions. We as a group do not want to see Coco or Crock win this thing so I do ask for everyone's support within our party. United as a team we CAN and WILL win this thing.

How exactly is my vision not going to benefit the forum? I plan to look after my section as my top priority over posting or repping. Starting threads. Debating to be actvely involved with the posters. Guiding threads to remain on topic. Cleaning spam. Being available to answer questions whenever someone needs help or advice. Helping keep the Video Games section active alongside my duties as a Wrestling mod. How is any of that not beneficial? It is what this forum needs from a mod right now and it is what I intend to do, just as I said in my platform.

Some of the ideas that you brought forward were:

1) Create (a total of) EIGHT sticky threads.
2) Every big release of a video game would get its own thread.

I've brought forward many times how silly your ideas were, but barely got anything in the form of a rebuttal back from you.

Throughout this entire election, you threw a bunch of random ideas against a wall, in hopes that someone will like one of them enough to support you.

You do not have to support me. I like you and do want your support. However if Crock/Harthan or Coco offer something you prefer then I will not force you or anyone else to support me. That choice is up to each poster individually. My supporters know exactly what they will get with me as the next mod of this forum, my platform goes into detail on all of my intentions and visions. We as a group do not want to see Coco or Crock win this thing so I do ask for everyone's support within our party. United as a team we CAN and WILL win this thing.

All the best in your campaign against the other two parties but you do not have my support as a moderator.

Dissappointed that hatehabs hasn't got the win here, but congrats Dagger; very deserving to be the party winner. You've got my backing all the way, man.

Thank fuck some of y'all had enough common sense to not give habs the nomination. That being said, his long-winded, meaningless, and bullshit-riddled posting bodes well for him seeking some sort of office in real life.

I'm not one to multiquote but, you know, new year, new Rohan and all that shtick:

Hatehabs talking about Dagger:

a guy who is ultimately going to win the election

newest Wrestlezone moderator, Dagger Dias.

Now, isn't that nice, huh? The ABC candidates supporting each other through thick and thin, confident that no matter what the ABC party is going to get to WZ office. What a beautiful example of politics working well, with the greater good's concerns at hand.

But, wait:

Simply put, I don't think he'll get it.

Never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back