Five Wrestlers Everybody Knows

The Brain

King Of The Ring
Who do you think are five guys in wrestling history that everybody knows? When I say everybody I mean even people who have never watched a wrestling show. Imagine asking someone who has never watched wrestling to name five wrestlers. Who would they say? Here’s who I think they would say in order

1. Hulk Hogan
2. The Rock
3. Andre The Giant
4. Macho Man Randy Savage
5. Gorgeous George

Number five could have gone a few different ways but I’m pretty sure of the other four. Give me your list in order. I expect to see Hulk Hogan as number one on every list.

Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock.
As the above poster said, and imo is correct

1. Jesse Ventura - More people know him and don't realize he's a wrestler, than there are wrestling fans of his, but he's by far the most mainstream. I even have on my bookshelf in my living room "Don't Start The Revolution Without Me!" This guy would be my pick for Vice-President of the United States in 2012.

2. Hulk Hogan IS pro-wrestling

3. The Rock The only guy that's really met success in hollywood, despite Hogan's Hollywood title.

4. Andre The Giant Is there anyone that hasn't seen The Princess Bride and fallen in love with Fezick? "Anybody want a peanut?"

5. Stacy Keibler Multiple TV acting gigs, she was one of the most notable contestants in Dancing with the Stars history (due to the controversy of one of the judges saying she was as good as the pro's)

1. John Cena - He is the modern day Hulk Hogan. He is one of the biggest stars today. He's a professional wrestler, an actor, a rapper, and he is constantly being referenced in one way or another. Weather is from kids who tell there parents about him or if it a pro athlete doing his signature You Cant See Me gesture.

2. Hulk Hogan - Do I really need to explain this one. He is the biggest wrestler in history. He main streamed wrestling. Back in the day he was a wrestler, he was in movies, on television shows, and on late night TV. He traveled the world and its because oh him that not just the WWE but all of wrestling is so big today.

3. Vince McMahon - I mean come on. He owns a multimillion dollar business and everyone has had to heard of the WWE and his name is attached to it. He perfected the PPV.

4. The Rock - He is one of the best wrestlers in history. Not only that but he's an accomplished actor. If you haven't heard of The Rock you had to of heard of Dwayne Johnson.

5. Stone Cold Steve Austin - He is basically in the same boat as The Rock. Austin is just still more incorporated with wrestling. It's because of him that there was an Attitude Era.

I'll talk about Indian audience. I have a general consensus of feeling from all discussions i have ever had with my friends, family and colleagues, in no particular order
John Cena: My roomies, my cousins and most of my PG mates wants to have a body like him.
Rock: Needless to say, he is by far the biggest superstar ever, as per my old classmates
Steve Austin: From the movies, No Mercy 99 Promo (when he made a come-back promo)
Taker: Needs no explanation at all.
Hulk hogan: This names resonates WWF.
Khali: Most Hindi news channels used to cover his segments in WWE.

I figured Austin would be on just about everyone's list. I'm just not sure he's as famous outside of wrestling as the guys I listed. Is Stone Cold Steve Austin a big name outside of wrestling? By the way, Jesse Ventura is an excellent answer.

ill go with hulk hogan,the rock,john cena,stone cold steve austin and ric flair it seems like everybody has heard of these guys granted 3 out of the 5 have the fact they starred in mulitple movies to their benfit but still it counts

I figured Austin would be on just about everyone's list. I'm just not sure he's as famous outside of wrestling as the guys I listed. Is Stone Cold Steve Austin a big name outside of wrestling? By the way, Jesse Ventura is an excellent answer.

Ventura belongs on that list. I didn't list Lesnar either.

I'm tired :suspic:

Hogan
Andre
Savage
Ventura
Rock

An awful lot of people know who Rowdy Roddy Piper is, but not everybody. Hot Rod does have a way of showing up on TV a lot.

Hulk Hogan (Obvious answer)

The Rock (His movies mostly, but he's also pretty well known)

John Cena (I'm suprised he's not mentioned more often, A LOT of kids know John Cena, that's actually what got me into wrestling, everyone loving Cena, I didn't know who he was, and eventually I started watching WWE. Although about three and a half of the people who loved Cena didn't watch WWE)

Jesse Ventura (His conspiracy show and his politics get him up there for sure)

Brock Lesnar (His UFC/MMA mostly, other than that, I wouldn't say everyone knows him)

I don't see Stone Cold so much, I know he was in that one movie, I'm not sure if any others. He's somewhat known, but outside the general wrestling population and beyond...not so much.

Does Drew Carey count? If he counts, Freddie Prinze Jr. As well.

Hogan
Andre the Giant
The Rock
Heath Slater
Stone Cold

I know every time I go to Wendy's, the employees are always wearing Heath Slater merchandise.

Randy Savage...I think is just recently. I really didn't know much about him before he died, I still don't. Here this though...Last month (July) I walk out to the living room, and my Great Grandmother who's about 77 told me "Randy Savage died...do you know that wrestler? He died today..." and I said "Yeah...but...that was about two months ago." Her "Oh...".

Really Shadow? I think Cena should be high up on that list this day and age, wake up and smell the coffee, he's the face of the company!

Not to mention he's always in movies, guest appearing in TV Shows. I think he hosted the Kids Choice Awards a few years back.

The guy is out there. You know how many girls who don't watch WWE, have posters of Cena on their walls. Just because he's "Hot". Why do you think WWE's fan base has such a huge children's audience? I think it's because of Cena.

People know Cena because Cena is currently active, also nobody watched his movies. I think he'll fall into a Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels category when he'd finished. The star of an era that fans don't remember too fondly despite some quality matches and angles.

I'd also guess that there aren't wrestlers that everybody knows.

I'm from Europe, so I have a different impression and am not sure who has a lot of mainstream influence.

1. Hogan
2. Rock
3. Undertaker
4. Hart
5. Jericho

Hulk Hogan - The guy is the epitome of a professional wrestler.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - The hottest thing in wrestling when wrestling itself was huge.

The Rock - He's becoming one of the biggest action stars in Hollywood.

Andre The Giant - I once saw them talk about him on an episode of QI. When you're a wrestler and Stephen Fry knows who you are, that speaks volumes.

The Undertaker - Because I needed a fifth guy.

Hogan, Andre, The Rock, Bret Hart (Courtesy of The Simpsons), Stone Cold.

Andre The Giant is mentioned in quite a few songs, but I don't remember which. Jesse Venture is probably a good answer but I was defining it as people knowing them as wrestlers. Hogan is the most recognized I'd say, even over The Rock. Jericho's a good one too because many people that know him from Fozzy will know he's a wrestler also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back