• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First to be WWE Champ...Kennedy or MVP?

Kennedy. Definetely. MVP has become a comedy character, and though he probably will become world champion someday, he will take longer to recover. It's been a long time since a wrestler had a real, losing storyline, especially a man who is a former U.S. champ and had a great fued against Matt Hardy. Kennedy is really funny, and has great wrestling skills. He has great charisma, and will make it huge. Maybe not as fast as some people seem to think, but sometime in the near future. He will get a slow, Jeff Hardy like build and finally get the big prize. Maybe not quite as spectacular as the rise of Hardy, but pretty great.

MVP
He is in a line for a HUGE face push. Into the WWE Title scene. While Kennedy is never around for more than three months at a time and everytime he leaves his momentum is shot.

And no one has more momentum going than MVP rigvht now

I think both are going to get pretty good pushes this year. MVP is finally getting past that losing streak storyline which actually got the fans behind him, and I see him climbing the ranks this year. MVP was pushed pretty fast and was able to establish himself in feuds with Kane/Taker/and Benoit and is the "iwc" favorite, and while his in-ring, mic skills, and charisma are all top notch I just don't know if he is going to get that big push first.

Mr. Kennedy on the other hand is coming off another injury. He has been given several pushes but for has been sideline due to injuries and suspensions. He recently made a WWE produced DVD and seems to be high on the WWE's grace list. In the end I think it's going to be Kennedy who gets the title first. He seems like a favorite of the WWE, and his bland persona is perfect for the WWE(Cena anyone). I'm not sure if either will get the title this year but I think Kennedy will win it first.

MVP. Fucking easily.

MVP is the guy you can trust. He's not going to go out there and get injured being careless nor is he going to lie to the media and get caught.

Everytime Kennedy is in the midst of a good push, he gets injured or he's caught somehow. It's safe to say WWE would not put much trust in him for the fear he'll get injured again.

The only good thing about Kennedy? Mic skills and even then, people overrate that all to bloody hell. His wrestling skills? Punches, kicks and the Plunge. Oh that's impressive all right! The guy has all the tools to be a great manager, but a future world champion? Absolutely not.

But MVP? Good on the mic - either as face or heel. His in-ring skills? He made Kane look... decent. Went toe for toe with a wrestler that shall not be named and MVP now is getting such good reaction now - this is someone fans can easily get behind because of how well he's done this losing streak. He has all the tools - mic skills, charisma, in-ring ability, ability to get crowd to care. Mister Kennedy wishes he could be like MVP.

MVP. Fucking easily.

MVP is the guy you can trust. He's not going to go out there and get injured being careless nor is he going to lie to the media and get caught.

Everytime Kennedy is in the midst of a good push, he gets injured or he's caught somehow. It's safe to say WWE would not put much trust in him for the fear he'll get injured again.

The only good thing about Kennedy? Mic skills and even then, people overrate that all to bloody hell. His wrestling skills? Punches, kicks and the Plunge. Oh that's impressive all right! The guy has all the tools to be a great manager, but a future world champion? Absolutely not.

But MVP? Good on the mic - either as face or heel. His in-ring skills? He made Kane look... decent. Went toe for toe with a wrestler that shall not be named and MVP now is getting such good reaction now - this is someone fans can easily get behind because of how well he's done this losing streak. He has all the tools - mic skills, charisma, in-ring ability, ability to get crowd to care. Mister Kennedy wishes he could be like MVP.

I'm gonna go for MVP on this. Before I say why, I just want to make it clear, that at this point neither of them are getting a main event push anytime soon. MVP is finally winning again matches again and is gonna need a solid mid-card push before we could ever image him with a world title, and Kennedy, he's still out with an injury, and can't seem to stay healthy.

Anyway, I say MVP for this reason, he just comes off as more legit for me. In 2007 Kennedy won Money in the bank, so it WWE obviously had faith in Kennedy's main event potential, but then he got injured and came back for a little while before being caught with steroids so he lost all momentum from his MITB win. Kennedy has the mic ability which takes you far in the WWE, he's also way over with the crowd even when he was heel. I don't know why people diss his in-ring ability as it is where it needs to be. His matches with Jeff Hardy (both on RAW and on PPV) were good, and his match with Matt Hardy a year or two ago on SD was enjoyable. But because of his being injury prone the WWE can't trust putting a big title on him.

MVP has only been in the WWE for what like 2 years or so now, and he's already the longest reigning US champion in the company's history. He had numerous good matches with Chris Benoit (not afraid to say his name), his feud with Matt Hardy was good, and is great on the mic. When need be he can really get heel heat from the crowd, and so far seems not to be as injury prone as Kennedy.

This one is a toss up. But it all comes down to weither or not Kennedy can stay healthy. If he stay healthy i can see him getting the belt over MVP. Keep in mind that Kennedy is a form MIB winner but had to "give it up" due to being hurt. But my pick is Kennedy

The MVP losing streak was a bad angle. One i'm glad is over. I've Always been high on Mr. Kennedy and while I'm sure both of them will reach the ranks of world champion one day I see Mr. Kennedy reaching that level well before MVP unless he gets injured again then I can see WWE wishing him well in his future endevors. MVP seems like he's destined to be on the mid-card for another year or so while Kennedy seemed like main event material after his 1st match. If he can stay healthy long enough for creative to come up with an angel like Kennedy vs. Y2J. I can see him as champion by the end of the year.

I can't really see either as champion, but I'd say Kennedy if forced to pick. MVP is older than most people realize and that won't do him any favors. Kennedy is still in his early 30s and if he can put together a run of being healthy, he could do well on either brand. He was so close to getting in the big storyline before but he messed up. The fans react to him and he has a good style. MVP is good but at the same time the main event scene on Smackdown is very crowded already. Throw either of them on Raw and their chances automatically go up

MVP no dought, well look at now, they may have had MVP be on a 20 week losing streak and a jobber for a while BUT AT LEAST HE IS WRESTLING, unlike Kennedy where we know he's done with the movie now, so why isnt he back wrestling?

Personally i think all Mr.Kennedy will ever get if he keeps on this track is a 2-3 time ECW champion if even that, all im saying is Kennedy needs to come back and start working his ass off for the time he's missed because he sure as hell missed alot off it,

but it will be a while before MVP will get a WWE title either, but who knows he may be on the Money in the Bank road come Wrestlemania 25:twocents:

While both are talented Kennedy has all the tools to make a great WWE Champion one day. If he can stay healthy then he will be fine. It will take him a long time to be built back up. But I think he can do it. One more major injury though and he's done. I don't mean done from getting world title shots. I mean done from any type of major push period. He's too much of a liability. MVP would have to recover hard from this losing streak angle. But even then I don't think he could become WWE Champion. I do think he will win the ECW title a couple of times though and maybe the World heavyweight title for a little while.But not the WWE title unless it suddenly becomes less relevant than the World Heavyweight title.

I think MVP's chances are better than Kennedy's as the latter's biggest chance came when he won MITB two years ago only to lose it via injury. Because Kennedy is out right now and after that failure of his drafting to Raw, it's hard for the fans to get behind him in terms of his ring work. MVP can now start building up to things, especially as he could go on to win MITB this year, yes he had the losing streak, but he's stuck around and playing ball with creative, 2009 could be a good year for him.

MVP and Kennedy, clearly the future "Austin and Rocky" of WWE! As to who becomes world champ first, Im leaning a little towards more Kennedy, since I find he has a better persona overall (well to me anyway). I do hope these 2 can do better in the years to come and headline WM30 or something, I really think this could work if creative and these two individuals get it right!

I dont know about either one of these guys. I couldnt really see either in the main events scene. MVP seems more like an upper mid card type guy and i cant see him getting any higher than that to be honest. Maybe Kennedy but really, he has had too many injuries and hasnt wrestled enough, it'll be easier to make the decision once Kennedy shows what he's got after returning...

I'll have to say MVP here.

Kennedy has screwed himself over time and time and time again. Injuries and suspensions and all that crap has severly cost him. Yes, he should be a multi time champion by now looking at how he was pushed. But 'should be' and 'is' are 2 completely different things.

Looking at MVP, he looks like he'll be champion within a year. He had his heat backstage, but he took his punishment and is now hugely over. And he's also most people's pick to win Money in the Bank.
So unless Kennedy returns and somehow wins the title before MVP cashes in MitB, I gotta go with MVP on this one.

I see MVP telling Kennedy that above all his losses, there will be a HUGE win. Kenendy doesnt believe him, and BOP waddya know, MVP wins the Rumble. He hopefully defeats Hardy at Wrestlemania and we see a MVP/Kennedy feud for the WWE title.

THANK GOD u rnt in charge of creative seriously? mvp winning the rumble? jeff as champ id like to see yes, but jeff mvp at wrestlemania? no. maybe at a B-rate ppv like judgement day or ons and as far as mvp and kennedy kennedy, i think it'll be mr. kennedy first, kennedy had a push, he lost it because he got hurt nd the dr misdiagnosed him nd besides kennedys been in more high profile matches i e last ride first blood and the money in the bank match not once, mvp got the long title run, as long a title run, bc he got hurt if he didnt get hurt it wouldve ended sooner

MVP is Not a jobber he is Not a jobber its a punishment and MVP even if he does become a jobber He will never be in the ranks of 19 time world champ Jimmy wang yang
or The 37 time IC champ Jamie Noble LOL
MVP will rest assured recova

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back