• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First to be WWE Champ...Kennedy or MVP?

Paul Revere

Step In The Arena
I'm smelling a Kennedy Vs. MVP match for Wrestlemania and it got me thinking. They both showed up at approximately the same time. They started as heels, feuded with The Undertaker, had U.S. title runs, and showed us just enough to believe that they have potential. But which one will be a World Champion first?

Right about now, these two superstars are doing absolutely nothing. MVP is a glorified jobber and Mr. Kennedy is interviewing people. But I think we all know that the two of them won't be stuck in these peculiar positions for much longer. I think it's safe to say that most of us believe that at least one of them has what it takes to be a world champion.

Though I think they will both be champs one day, I think Mr. Kennedy is gonna do it first. Not because he's better, but because he is a face and is a little more over with the fans than MVP is. MVP is a great heel, though his catchphrases and elbow are too much like The Rocks'. They are both great on the mic, but I think Mr. Kennedy (barring badly timed injury number 34) will be WWE Champion before MVP.

So, what do you think?

MVP will beat kennedy to the world title reign because kennedy is injury prone. like he lost his world title shot at mania this year because he got injured. came back for a little while and got injured again. There is no way WWE would let some one this injury prone get the title beofre some one who is jsut as good and less injury prone as him. Kennedy may be better but the fact is you cant just make a future for him because he will probably stuff up again with injury. he reminds me of taker actually.

I think Kennedy is better prepared for a World Title run right now, mostly because of MVP's recent losing streak. It'll take him a while to get enough momentum going to even feud for the US Title, where all Kennedy would have to do, is put up a decent showing at the Rumble, win a PPV match or two in the coming months, and make a push around Summerslam or Survivor Series.

MVP can win the Rumble, and earn his title shot, but I don't think he'd beat Hardy, or whoever the champ is, at Wrestlemania.

Well, i don't ever see MVP winning the title at this stage. Guys who have 'losing streak' angles don't usually tend to recover in terms of momentum, and never reach above mid-card status ever again, with Christian being the only example i can think of that contradicts that statement (must have been all of DDP's useful advice).

As for Kennedy, well if i had my way, Ken Kennedy would have won the title at WM24 like he claimed he would but that's neither here or there. We'll have to wait and see what the future holds for Kennedy. It's too difficult to tell how they're going to utilise a returning injured talent. I mean, i didn't honestly expect Hurricane Helms to suddenly be getting US title shots after having JUST come back after a year long absence, and we all know that Umaga has been healthy for some time, yet he's nowhere to be seen (though i'm betting that he's going to be a surprise entrant in this year's Rumble match)

I would assume that they actually intend to do something with Kennedy now, since they're plugging his movie every chance they get (but then that might just be to ensure that someone actually buys it...... I know i will), because most injured talent who are still used on TV are usually put into a proper angle upon their return, or at least a big match for their first back.

As for winning the World title, i've always thought Kennedy had the skills and the charisma to be a decent heel champion, and still think that MVP needs quite a bit of work on the mic skills, before he gets the strap. They'll also need to do a lot of damage repair to his reputation before anyone will take him as a serious contender for the title.

This question's a bit hard to answer. On one hand, you have a guy who's on a MASSIVE losing streak. And on the other, you have a guy who's just coming back from filiming. But the losing streak could be an angle to make MVP winning the title a shock. And Kennedy getting launched into the title picture almost straight away and winning the title would be a pretty big shock as well. So they could make it so either could win the title.

But I think that Kennedy will win it first. He is one of the very best on the mic. While you may not like his style, he puts on a damn entertaining match almost every time and he is very charismatic. He could debut a new finisher, to stop people whining over his new finisher. With him coming back, they could do almost anything with him. MVP still needs a bit of work on his wrestling and mic skills first, and I think he'll be ready for the title at the end of 2009. But as for the first, it will be Kennedy.

I see MVP telling Kennedy that above all his losses, there will be a HUGE win. Kenendy doesnt believe him, and BOP waddya know, MVP wins the Rumble. He hopefully defeats Hardy at Wrestlemania and we see a MVP/Kennedy feud for the WWE title.

I think who wins the title depends more on who is the current holder of the said title at the time. If a face is the holder, I go with MVP. Heel, I say Kennedy. I do like the idea of MVP streak ending at the Rumble though. I can't really see a better conclusion to the storyline than that. Anything else would be too anti-climatic. As for Kennedy, the best way for him to get to the title would be for HHH to take a heel turn to grab the title from Hardy. After that Kennedy would start his feud with HHH culminating in him winning the title in what would have to be a gimmick match...

This will be nothing more than a simple midcard feud. Neither will be champ.

Kennedy is too much of a glass cannon so he is unreliable.

MVP although well liked got into deep shit with WWE higher ups due to pissing the drug tester off. not to mention, why would they give a person a belt who has been on an almost 20+ losing streak.

C'mon now.

Maybe years (and I mean years) from now, yeah. Probably. But not for a long ass time will either of them get top tier gold again.

I think nether will become WWE champion during their careers, but if i had to choose i would say Kennedy. MVP has been booked to the ground and i don't think he will ever recover from this losing streak. Kennedy on the other hand just finished a WWE film so they might give him a mini push because of it and if he stays injury free for a good year or less maybe they'll try to give him another chance at a championship run.

If either of them ever get a title run it would be Kennedy hands down.

This is as of late, but with MVP, I don't buy this "losing streak" to be an angle. I think he is really a jobber now and he is at the bottom of the food chain. He jobbed to Kung Funaki, and he also jobbed to Charlie Haas who used his own gimmick. He does not have an intro with pyros anymore, and when we see him on the air he is already in the ring.

I am convinced this is not an angle and it is legit. MVP is a jobber and he is now in the ranks with Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Hawkins & Ryder, Tommy Dreamer, and many many others. The guy hasn't gotten a pin since SUMMERSLAM. But WHO knows. Trips pissed off Vince back in the day and went on a horrible losing streak also and look at him now. Too bad Vince doesn't have any more daughters so that MVP can marry one.

Kennedy seems to have the "Ringmaster" effect on Vince in that he is always given pushes without the fans really seeming like they see soemthign special. I hope both end up on top but I just think Creative / Vince are going to "force" us to like Kennedy by placing him in interesting feuds and developing his skills by giving him lots of TV time. This isn't a bad "force" but they can definetly make stars if they want.

I believe it will be MVP because they have taken their time with him and have given him significant time to upgrade his skills to get better in the ring and on the mic. Mr Kennedy has had the same chance but they do not trust him yet because he always gets hurt. MVP has been working his ass off for the last year and has not really been in any good feuds since Matt Hardy and Chris Benoit. Like I mentioned in the Trips thread, I think a feud with the Game would deeply benefit MVP as any feud with a proven star helps elevate stars in the best way. The only other good feud I can see is with Undertaker as any person that feuds with the Deadman become instant contenders (sans Kennedy and Heidenreich). Look at all the people Taker has elevated recently, Edge, Brock Lesnar and to some degree Batista.

If either of them ever get a title run it would be Kennedy hands down.

This is as of late, but with MVP, I don't buy this "losing streak" to be an angle. I think he is really a jobber now and he is at the bottom of the food chain. He jobbed to Kung Funaki, and he also jobbed to Charlie Haas who used his own gimmick. He does not have an intro with pyros anymore, and when we see him on the air he is already in the ring.

I am convinced this is not an angle and it is legit. MVP is a jobber and he is now in the ranks with Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Hawkins & Ryder, Tommy Dreamer, and many many others. The guy hasn't gotten a pin since SUMMERSLAM. But WHO knows. Trips pissed off Vince back in the day and went on a horrible losing streak also and look at him now. Too bad Vince doesn't have any more daughters so that MVP can marry one.

It is a gimmick though. He's not a jobber. Multiple things have happened to put MVP in the hot seat, but apparently you don't read the news.

He pissed of one of the Wellness Policy drug testers (this is the main one)

Plus Vince a long with most of the Creative Team they felt he got pushed way too early and put him over too many established people too early. So they keep jobbing him out to see if he is willing to stay in the WWE for the long haul. He will end up being a low top carder or high-mid carder. WWE Champ? Maybe. But highly doubtful.

It occurs to me that MVP's losing streak may have been initiated because he pissed off someone, but I think it's evolved into a "challenge" to test his loyalty, patience, and willingness to go along with the program given him. If he passes the test, I think he gets vaulted high in the company, maybe even to a world title.

I find MVP's ring skills to be on a much higher level than Kennedy's. Also, his "shtick" on the microphone interests me a lot more than a guy who just keeps repeating his own name.

It should be Kennedy, but with his injury problems its hard to give him a title reign.

On the other hand MVP has lost his last 3000 matches. But I think if MVP sticks around long enough he should get a title shot. Maybe he will break the streak with a really big win (Royal Rumble?)...... or maybe he will continue jobbing to Kung Fu Naki

I have a feeling they will both be future World Champions, but my vote goes to MVP to win it first

Why is MVP jobbing so badly to everyone like this? I think he has good potential, he is NOT a total wreck in the ring like Khali,Batista just to name a couple stiffs in the ring and MVP is pretty good on the mic, unlike the Hardyz, Shelton Benjamin just to name a couple. Has he done something off camera to get this treatment. I haven't seen this since Christian with DDP right before Christian was getting ready to roll to TNA.

It is a gimmick though. He's not a jobber. Multiple things have happened to put MVP in the hot seat, but apparently you don't read the news.

Yeah I do read the news, and I know what he did. That's why I am convinced he is a jobber. He may get out of it LIKE I SAID, but as of RIGHT NOW this is NOT an angle...he IS a jobber. He is not jobbing for the sake of the angle, the angle is coming about because he is jobbing.

I think Kennedy will easily become a world champion. I see alot of potential and i think he is the future of the WWE just like a lot of other superstars. I think Kennedy will become apart of the WWE Hall of Fame one day.

If either of them become world champion it will be Mr.Kennedy. No matter how many time Mr.Kennedy disappears, no matter how many road blocks are throw in his way his still is one of the msot over guys on the roster and he still gets one fo the best reactions. That is the mark of a true main event calibre wrestler. Eventually he will be pushed enough to be world champion. MVP is a guy who will maybe be in the upper midcard flirting with the main event but never truly getting there, not neccesarily because of the jobber angle but because he just isnt that good. MVP is BORING is the ring, its fuckin rest hold palooza every time hes out there. He mic work is ok, its generic heel stuff that he does reasonably well. The best thing about mvp is his ring gear. Under Armor FTW.

Mr. Kennedy. In the beginning I thought both of these wrestlers were going to be main event wrestlers. Both would be in the spotlight once Triple H, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels had moved on. I no longer see that. In fact, I hardly see MVP making it in the WWE for more than a year. That hurts me to say, because I used to see a lot of potential in him. Id hate to see it, but maybe he should be moved to ECW or Raw. I would actually think he would do well on Raw. As for Mr. Kennedy, he is no where good enough to be in the main event at this time. Give him a couple years to develop his skills, and then I could see him wining the strap, but not at a Wrestlemania, more likely at an Armageddon type event before the Rumble.

I'm a huge fan of both Mr Kennedy and MVP. Both have loads of potential to make it big and become the next John Cena and Batista respectively. I don't agree with how they are currently being booked, but that's another topic for a different day. I do think with improvement and the right booking, both will eventually become World Champions. To me though, Mr Kennedy has always shined that tad brighter both in the ring and on the mic. I'm a huge fan of the guy and I believe he should win a World Title this very year.

MVP still has a little longer before he receives his main event push. For starters, the WWE need to have him start winning matches again before anyone can take him seriously. Then apparently he's turning face (much to the dismay of the smarks) which takes time before the fans can completely get behind him. All this as well as a main event push is very time consuming. Both are very charismatic superstars with great potential to become the next big things, but Kennedy just has the better overall character and works very well as a face.

If Kennedy can remain injury free, then he has a great chance of becoming a World Champion in the near future. MVP still needs a little more development, but it should be interesting as to how and when these two will develop further. I seriously hope they are booked very good this year because their talent and potential is not something the WWE should waste. Simply put it, these two are the future of the WWE.

Im going to have to say that Kennedy will win the title first. MVP is mostly just a jobber like alot of people said, and the only big thing we remember him for is bieng set on fire by Kane. the only other thing people remember is his 20+ losing streak. MVP really only has a chance at U.S gold.

Kennedy though, is very injury prone like alot of people said. If kennedy can remain injury free long enough to prove he is a good choice i have no doubt we will se him get a title run sometime.

and Kennedy was just in a movie, so he is bringing in money for WWE, he is really popular with the fans, and that gives him an advantage i think.

They are both definitely prepared. Hardy is going to need some time with the belt, whether he keeps it through mania or not. After Hardy gets his big run, and beats HHH and Edge multiple times, I can see him dropping it to one of these guys for a big push. Obviously this makes too much sense for Smackdown to do, but it is what they should do. As far as who gets it, both guys are deserving, but I have to go with Kennedy. He has been getting good crowd reactions since he turned face, and if MVP turns face as it looks like may happen, it's probably going to take a while for him to get good reactions. Not taking anything away from MVP, he's also great in the ring and on the mic, but I believe that Kennedy has better mic skills than anyone else in the entire WWE, and should definitely be a main eventer. As long as he stays healthy and doesn't get caught on steroids, he's the man.

But bottom line is it won't happen unless he gets moved to Raw or Smackdown starts trying to push people other than Edge, HHH, Hardy, and Kozlov. Kendrick and MVP were kind of in the world title picture before, and were getting main event matches on Smackdown, but they just gave up on it.

I'm gonna go with MVP. The guy has so much going for him and is better than Kennedy. If we would compare the two MVP would stand above Kennedy without a doubt. MVP just needs to pick up the track at where he left when he was the US champ. Besides MVP is waaaaaaaay more over than the IWC favorite loudmouth, so dont judge MVP's performance now just wait a couple of months and you'll see why i picked him instead of Kennedy

I like both of these guys, but I think this will be Kennedy as long as he can stay healthy. It's a fact that Kennedy would have been a champ already if it wasn't for his injuries. I think as soon as he proves he can stay healthy he will get the belt. His mic skills are above average and his in ring skill is at least average, plus he has a good look and gimmick. I think he would make a great champ.

As for MVP I like the guys ring, and mic work, but I just really don't see him getting the title any time soon. He is on that losing streak gimmick, which sure as hell is not going to win him the title. The only hope for him to get the title is the MITB which I highly doubt they will have him win.

So I say Kennedy will get the belt before MVP, with the possibility of a pretty great feud between them over the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back