• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First The Rock and now Steve Austin @ WM27..

Pabartl787

Dark Match Jobber
So as I am sure everyone now knows good ol' Stone Cold Steve Austin will now be the special guest referee for Lawler/Cole.

With The Rock already being the special guest host (and maybe more), it got me thinking, does Vince not have enough faith in the current line up that he would bring in Rock and SCSA to inject some energy and increase buy rates for WM27?

I personally think the current card is not that great save HHH/Taker and Miz/Cena, it seems that Vince had to do something to try and boost interest.

I think he does believe in the current card to be better for the company in the future but needs some kind of special attractions to bring in instant buzz and more buys. There was a statement made on this section of the forums indicating that he wanted one million buys for this event. Perhaps some of the old fans of Attitude will take notice and want to see Stone Cold Steve Austin stun people and the audiences (pun intended). Besides, just the mention of those names gets blood-thirsty fans wanting to see these two megastars step in the ring for a match so if anything else fails, he gets the talks started at the least.

I think Vince knows where the money is, plain and simple. Rock and Austin are both proven draws, so why not?

Cena is a draw as well, but not on the level of what Austin and Rock were, or are together right now. What I mean by that is Cena usually has a big time opponent when main eventing Mania (HHH, HBK, Batista, Edge). There's no way they are as confident in The Miz as they were the guys facing Cena before him.

If Vince wants a million buys, he's on the right track. Not saying he'll get 1 million, but this is the best way to go.

Vince knows he has to get the young talent ready...but also to use the established veteran stars in this role is smart. You can't hedge your bet on these young kids for a major show...you get them known...but have that fallback of the well known veteran stars you can call upon to get people to tune in and see your young talent that will be the future of your company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back