Fed Changes - Revamping the Roster Pages

I want to see an example before I pass judgement.

15 Most Used Moves: (No finishers, 3 signature moves):
1 Bell clap
2 bionic elbow
3 chops
4 Hip toss
5 Sleeper Hold
6 High knee strike
7 the derby shot (double axe handle from the middle rope)
8 One hand bulldog
9 achilles squeeze
10 Belly to back suplex
11 abdominal stretch
12 Sto
13 Arm wringer (with heel tatics, Ie: Slaps to the head, pressure point manipulation, Or punches)
14 Jabs into a Discus clothesline
15 short arm chop

That's my moveset. Show me what you are going to change. If I had to pick a style for Bowen, I would say Brawler, I've been trying to add in submissions with it.

I want to see an example before I pass judgement.

15 Most Used Moves: (No finishers, 3 signature moves):
1 Bell clap
2 bionic elbow
3 chops
4 Hip toss
5 Sleeper Hold
6 High knee strike
7 the derby shot (double axe handle from the middle rope)
8 One hand bulldog
9 achilles squeeze
10 Belly to back suplex
11 abdominal stretch
12 Sto
13 Arm wringer (with heel tatics, Ie: Slaps to the head, pressure point manipulation, Or punches)
14 Jabs into a Discus clothesline
15 short arm chop

That's my moveset. Show me what you are going to change. If I had to pick a style for Bowen, I would say Brawler, I've been trying to add in submissions with it.

Definitely your chops are something that would be changed, not only because of the possibility of chops being added to the CMS but also the Short Arm Chop already listed.

Stretching the mark - Belly-to-back suplex and hip toss but that's really, really stretching it, pending on if/how we design this.

Definitely your chops are something that would be changed, not only because of the possibility of chops being added to the CMS but also the Short Arm Chop already listed.

Stretching the mark - Belly-to-back suplex and hip toss but that's really, really stretching it, pending on if/how we design this.

Ok, so to me this isn't a huge big deal. When I wrote matches I would put a few everyday moves to anyone. So what it looks like to me, you aren't going to give people a shuffle side kick. But people at my size 6'3 250 pounds would get like a DDT for example.

You're just taking out the simple moves, like Drop kicks, and Chops, and strikes.

The way I'm looking at it, is we all have them...

What I see
Flyers- Dropkicks
Brawler- Strikes
Sub- Chops

That's what I've grasped. That's basic, but that's what I'm seeing.

What if all we have are dropkicks, chops and strikes?

Not Falks (obviously) but he said earlier on that should you have variations of those basic moves, such as a springboard dropkick or a custom designed move to fit with your character, like the world's largest vertical leap being part of your gimmick so your dropkick is unique to you.

Hope everyone's chilled a bit overnight and I'm sure Falks will be back in the Aussie morning to answer more questions. In the meantime I'll try and answer any questions as best I can.

NEW NOTES - Strength/Weakness Replacements:​

So I figured removing the strengths/weaknesses would be for the best so we can add more relevant options because they really don't do as much as they should within the match-writing process. The strengths are more beneficial than the weaknesses (which most of them suck) but still, its not enough for balancing out wrestlers. A lot of people have strong strengths but list weaknesses that are completely useless because things like stamina are determined by the match stipulations, the rivalry's intensity, what spot they are on the card and whether or not the RP's were close. Here are a couple of options:

Injuries - Should your character have ever suffered physical harm prior or during the fed, we can list them off here so people can use this in match writing to exploit character weaknesses. I know Steven Kurtesy has an inability to perform an power/lifting moves and primarily likes staying on the ground now to lengthen his career.

Wrestling Style - Brief description of what your character likes to do and how they wrestle. If we build a solid strength core, we can figure out the weaknesses as most people won't list them down on account of making their character look weak. So if you're up against Kurtesy, he'll be able to match you for strikes, submissions and overall psychology but you're a fast-paced wrestler or someone who can inflict a lot of damage to his weak spots, you've got him.

--------------------------------------

On a side note, I'll probably be re-arranging people's moves to have the signature moves separated from the regular moveset, just to make things a bit neater.

How would this minor change sound should it be implemented?

NEW NOTES - Strength/Weakness Replacements:​

So I figured removing the strengths/weaknesses would be for the best so we can add more relevant options because they really don't do as much as they should within the match-writing process. The strengths are more beneficial than the weaknesses (which most of them suck) but still, its not enough for balancing out wrestlers. A lot of people have strong strengths but list weaknesses that are completely useless because things like stamina are determined by the match stipulations, the rivalry's intensity, what spot they are on the card and whether or not the RP's were close. Here are a couple of options:

Injuries - Should your character have ever suffered physical harm prior or during the fed, we can list them off here so people can use this in match writing to exploit character weaknesses. I know Steven Kurtesy has an inability to perform an power/lifting moves and primarily likes staying on the ground now to lengthen his career.

Wrestling Style - Brief description of what your character likes to do and how they wrestle. If we build a solid strength core, we can figure out the weaknesses as most people won't list them down on account of making their character look weak. So if you're up against Kurtesy, he'll be able to match you for strikes, submissions and overall psychology but you're a fast-paced wrestler or someone who can inflict a lot of damage to his weak spots, you've got him.

--------------------------------------

On a side note, I'll probably be re-arranging people's moves to have the signature moves separated from the regular moveset, just to make things a bit neater.

How would this minor change sound should it be implemented?

I like that a lot. Most of the good weaknesses are something to the effect of "can't run very fast because of a bullet wound from 'Nam" so the injuries section could cover most of those.

Couple quick thoughts

- What do you mean by "over-the-top rope?"
- Where is says dropkick and enzuigiri, are there alternate moves for bigger guys?

The concept of fighting style intrigues me, but I think you need to specify whether you're looking for the classic striker/power wrestler/grappler/high flier labels, or if you're going to accept things like Muay Thai/Judo/Drunken Monkey Fist.

Couple quick thoughts

- What do you mean by "over-the-top rope?"
- Where is says dropkick and enzuigiri, are there alternate moves for bigger guys?

I think it means you can clothesline someone over the top rope if they're leaning against it to knock them out of the ring.

So for psyche/injuries, is there any sort of guideline for how much/what needs to go down?

Also, would you like that section for the application guide to be changed?

The concept of fighting style intrigues me, but I think you need to specify whether you're looking for the classic striker/power wrestler/grappler/high flier labels, or if you're going to accept things like Muay Thai/Judo/Drunken Monkey Fist.
I'd like to think that the normal labels would be really boring and that to make things interesting, Drunken Monkey Fist would be more than suitable.
Do I have to change my moveset? If so, can you do it for me?
You can basically contribute as much or as little as you like.
So for psyche/injuries, is there any sort of guideline for how much/what needs to go down?

I dont think that there is any limit here. The application guide should be changed but I'll see if Falks wants that.

Also, Joe Doering (Wilhelm Wunderbar), Richie Steamboat (Alexander Stark) and Strong man (Ben Hoss) should probably be added to the banlist. Stark and Wunderbar are recurring NPCs (if nothing else), and Hoss has been mentioned in several.

Couple quick thoughts

I'm not too sure whether I understand this question but the Big Boot has been mentioned there for bigger guys. I guess I could add the clubbing blow to the back.

I don't want to restrict too much though.

Drunken Monkey Fist is as perfectly acceptable as a Classic Striker... although when groggy, both could be similar. As long as you aren't too over-the-top it should be fine.

Do I have to change my moveset? If so, can you do it for me?

I'm going to be going through everyone's profile and updating it to the specifications we've set out, I guess. Some of it will just be chopping and changing stuff around but other things I'll need help with.

If anyone needs me to add specifications or want to do some changes, post it in the Character Changes thread and I'll update them. Sometime after Unscripted is where I'm looking to finish these updates.

Not everyone is going to have injuries right off the bat but if they want to, all they need to do is specify the injury and what limitations it places on the character. Same thing for the psyche - what would the character's gimmick or personality do to provide a weakness for opponents to exploit? Are they hot-headed like Isabel who would much rather hurt the opponent than gain the victory and should she lose because she could not focus, it increases her frustrations for the following week. Maybe someone like SHIT is incapable of learning new ideas so when he steps foot in a match he has yet to compete in, he freezes and/or takes more time than humans to analyse the possible situations that could occur.

Only if you wish.

I think we need to consider adding the really popular NPCs those included.

The ones that have on-screen time and will continue to do so for a while should have a mention but I've been under the influence that NPC character rep's aren't all that important and only give people a basic understanding of what they look like. If someone posts a picture of Kurt Angle as their NPC rep for example then it means that the person is bald, slight stubble and blue eyes who dresses in suits.

That's why I didn't bother with NPC's so much (other than the obvious important ones like the interviewers, GM's, etc.).

I'm not too sure whether I understand this question but the Big Boot has been mentioned there for bigger guys. I guess I could add the clubbing blow to the back.

I don't want to restrict too much though.

It was that it looked like dropkick and enziguiri were there for everyone, but someone the size of The Great Khali, for example, won't be able to do moves like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back