• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favre

[QUOTE="THE" U.P.;1349986]Yeah, it may seem like i'm a Favre mark, but I hate him too.

But I find that a lot of people hate him, when I go out and talk sports with people they always rag on the guy, so I find myself sticking up for him as the points people make are usually idiotic.[/QUOTE]

I've already been in many debates over the current state of Favre so I don't want to get into another one, lol.

I find there are plenty of things, just based on his play are easily condemnable. I know there are a lot of other things he gets ragged on for, but I don't think people are as serious with those.

I'm still laughing at the beginning though :lmao:

I would say that they should draft a QB, and that is their thought process as they have Brett for a minimum of a year and probably a maximum of two years.

I don't see Jackson as being a starter in the league, that team is built to win, they have a very stout and reliable defense as well as a hell of a running game with not just AP but also Chester Taylor. The receiving core.. meh.. not that great. Perhaps another reason to get Favre, as he can create plays himself.. something Jackson can't do, besides getting yards with his feet by running the ball.

I do think Jackson will be a good qb elsewhere. I believe he needs to play in an offense that can showcase his talent. Brad Childress' offense isn't an offense for Tarvaris...

Still can't understand their flat-out disinterest in Jay Cutler, when Childress' job would be much safer with Cutler, whereas if they suck this year Brad and Brett will both probably be gone.

See New York Jets, 2008.

Still can't understand their flat-out disinterest in Jay Cutler, when Childress' job would be much safer with Cutler, whereas if they suck this year Brad and Brett will both probably be gone.

See New York Jets, 2008.

There was a lot of talk about going after Cutler and I believe we were going to, until we heard how much Denver wanted. Chicago gave up a lot of their future to get Cutler, I can understand going out and getting a QB, but to give up the draft picks they did, considering we already gave up one the year prior for Allen, well it would be difficult to go 3 years without a first round pick. Chi Town gave up a lot to get Cutler, that may hurt them later down the line considering their defense is getting older, but at least they have a QB.

There was a lot of talk about going after Cutler and I believe we were going to, until we heard how much Denver wanted. Chicago gave up a lot of their future to get Cutler, I can understand going out and getting a QB, but to give up the draft picks they did, considering we already gave up one the year prior for Allen, well it would be difficult to go 3 years without a first round pick. Chi Town gave up a lot to get Cutler, that may hurt them later down the line considering their defense is getting older, but at least they have a QB.

Nah, that is a common misconception for most people. The Bears aren't good when it comes to drafting high, at least most of the time. There are exceptions, but the Bears are better when they can steal players in the 4th and 5th rounds. Plus the McCaskey family is fairly cheap and don't like spending too much money for high picks. Jerry Angelo is better at finding diamonds in the rough. Devin Hester is one, and I will say watch for Al Afalava this year. He was picked in the 6th round. So I wasn't too hurt when they gave up the first round picks. Because Jerry is better when trading down and getting under the radar players.

But the defense is getting older lol.

The Rooney's are good when it comes to signing undrafted free agents and making them respectable...

Always bringing in Pittsburgh Brian lol. Different Conference man. But last post for me. Favre = NFL version of Herpes. That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back