• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favre

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
So I realize I am a little late on this, but it just hit me a few days ago, and I haven't remembered to post it on here.

Having said that, I'm thinking that Brett Favre is the NFL's version of Herpes? He goes away for a little while, only to come back and annoy the shit out of you.

He is like the X-Box ring of death IMO:

2949927844_f414632d1a.jpg

Back on topic before this gets derailled... not much of a fan of sports stars that take consistent breaks just to come back & cause a fuss.

Back on topic before this gets derailled... not much of a fan of sports stars that take consistent breaks just to come back & cause a fuss.

I was hoping it would cause some laughter. Not really ragging on Favre, he just gets old after a while. And he is like Herpes, so I thought it was funny.

When he went to the Jets:

When he went to the Vikings:

And yes, even if he is on my team I still make fun of him.

It's his life, if he still wants to play and someone is willing to pay him to do so, you can't really blame the guy.

Like he said in his press conference, the perception of us doesn't really matter to him, what he thinks of himself is what ultimately matters in the end. He's a lock for the hall of fame, and with the Vikings has a real shot at another Superbowl ring.

I'll be laughing at all of you haters if he gets that ring.

[QUOTE="THE" U.P.;1349938]It's his life, if he still wants to play and someone is willing to pay him to do so, you can't really blame the guy.

Like he said in his press conference, the perception of us doesn't really matter to him, what he thinks of himself is what ultimately matters in the end. He's a lock for the hall of fame, and with the Vikings has a real shot at another Superbowl ring.

I'll be laughing at all of you haters if he gets that ring.[/QUOTE]

I don't care that he comes back. If he wants to play then so be it. But when hepulls the "I'm going to retire." and comes back a month later to play, that gets old. If he just made it known that he was going to play then okay. If you are going to retired than stay fucking retired. So I made this thread calling him the NFL version of Herpes. It is a good comparison. He goes away for a bit, and then comes back and is annoying. Sounds like Herpes to me.

He wouldn't have come back for any other team except the Vikings, my guess is he wasn't aware that they were willing to sign him when he decided to retire. Thats where he wanted to go when the Packers sent him to the Jets, now he gets the chance to play for the team he originally wanted to play for and also gets to go against his former team and show them that they were wrong to treat him as they did.

I get your comparison, I just hate when people try to tell a grown man how he's supposed to live his life, or try and say that him playing is going to tarnish his career acheivements in any way.

[QUOTE="THE" U.P.;1349963]He wouldn't have come back for any other team except the Vikings, my guess is he wasn't aware that they were willing to sign him when he decided to retire. Thats where he wanted to go when the Packers sent him to the Jets, now he gets the chance to play for the team he originally wanted to play for and also gets to go against his former team and show them that they were wrong to treat him as they did.

I get your comparison, I just hate when people try to tell a grown man how he's supposed to live his life, or try and say that him playing is going to tarnish his career acheivements in any way.[/QUOTE]

I never said such a thing though. I only say if you are going to say you are retired, stay retired. If not, just say that you are searching for a team to play for, and you are open to anything if you really want to play that badly. Is that so hard to do?

I like the herpes comparison.

Brett Favre is choke in every definition of the word. Great QB 15 years ago, now? Not so much.

Everything he gets is warranted. Wanna play? Play. Don't cry about it. Is he on the same fertility drugs as Manny?

Choke? He had the Jets in playoff contention last year, until his injury.

Choke? I think not. He's far better than what the Vikes have on there roster for QB's right now.

[QUOTE="THE" U.P.;1349978]Choke? He had the Jets in playoff contention last year, until his injury.

Choke? I think not. He's far better than what the Vikes have on there roster for QB's right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I just hate Brett Favre.

But I loved him in the 2003 NFC Divisional Playoff game on the air-mail to Dawkins :D

Yeah, it may seem like i'm a Favre mark, but I hate him too.

But I find that a lot of people hate him, when I go out and talk sports with people they always rag on the guy, so I find myself sticking up for him as the points people make are usually idiotic.

[QUOTE="THE" U.P.;1349978]Choke? He had the Jets in playoff contention last year, until his injury.

Choke? I think not. He's far better than what the Vikes have on there roster for QB's right now.[/QUOTE]

Sure, he is better than what they have. But that is now. They are hindering their future with Jackson. Jackson needs to play, but adding Brett shows the inability to show confidence and let him grow as a quarterback. He may not be the best option, but damn it if he were to just go out and have the coach's confidence to perform.

I'm not saying Brett isn't a step up. He is over them. But bringing Brett in likely for this year only, which still doesn't guarantee a playoff spot from the NFC North, is going to hinder the growth of Jackson especially. The future is brighter for Jackson than it is for Favre. It is most likely he is just brought in for this year, unless he resigns after the season. But who knows? Maybe it is best because Favre may be gone after the season, and the Vikings need to draft a quarterback. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back