Favorite TV series.

Without a doubt. My favorite show is LOST.

Where else can you get such intricate stories, character devolopment, comedy, drama, thrills, action and be left wondering what the fuck happened? This show had all you could ever want from a TV show. Something you could sit down, watch, and just get wrapped up into and forget your troubles.

Currently my favorite shows are

Drama
Sons of Anarchy - this show is GREAT at making you care about the characters and the violence and language push the boundries for Cable TV

Criminal Minds - I'm a sucker for a good crime drama and I think this show has the best storylines of any out there

The Glades - This is a new show, but I think they mix drama and comedy quite well.

Comedy

The Office - Two words ~ Dwight Schrute ~ One of the best characters EVER. Michael Scott, Jim Halpert and Andy Bernard also make the show a MUST SEE for me

The Big Bang Theory - What's not funny about a couple of Dorks constantly trying to pick up women?

How I met your Mother - It actually kind of reminds me of Seinfeld with all of the inside jokes, and this cast of young people have a bright future. Doogie Howser (Neil Patrick Harris) absolutely rules!

My favorite Drama/Comedy of all time are as follows:

NYPD Blue - Andy Sippowicz (sp?) is the most realistic and loveable character EVER.

The Wonder Years - This show hit home so much when I was a pre-teenage boy. Plus, I had the biggest crush on Winnie Cooper. Tell me she wasn't hot!

How I Met Your Mother-At first I refused to watch this show. I thought it was just a rip off of Friends. And I didn't like how it was compared to friends. But then I watched the show and I was completely hooked. It's Legendary.

Friends-Just overall funny show. David Schwimmer(sp) Awesome. Matt Leblanc- Hilarious. Mathew Perry Sarcasm- Could it get any better. Courtney Cox Arquette-Hot. Whoever plays Pheobe is awesome. Jennifer Aniston is REALLY HOT.

LOST-Completely addicting show. Just Awesome although really confusing.

The Office-Steve Carell-Couldn't get any better.

There are plenty more. Don't be surprised if I make another post on here.

As for right now it has to be WEEDS
why? It gets you really hooked, all the drama, comedy, suspence all in one show, and the episodes always you leave you in a cliffhanger, and wait for next week...

In general all time favorite show, would probably be Saved by the Bell, or Fresh Prince I remember every morning before I would go to school, 7:00 am on TBS...When you wake up in the morning.... ahhh good times. :)

Any USA original series - USA has had soooo many good shows that i just cant get enough of like, Psych, Burn Notice, White Collar, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains and now a new one that came out a few months ago, Covert Affairs. They are all so unique and action pact as well as funny. Not to mention most of them have had or will have wwe superstars in it. Like Big Show was in Royal Pains, John Cena was in Psych, Big show has also been in a commercial for white collar with the main charecter...Not to mention USA has Monday Night Raw which is amazing.

Prison Break - Got into this show a couple of months ago and finished all 4 seasons within those couple of months and it is amazing. The charecters are unique the idea of the show is cool and different as well.

24 - I like the fact that each episode is one hour in the day. It makes the show more enjoyable for some reason. Not to mention at the end of each episode something big happens which is great because it helps keep my attention.

NCIS/NCIS: LA - I have been watching these for the past year and they are both awesome. The casting is great in both of them, and they were some new names which are now sort of well known if you watch the show anyway.

Psych - I love to watch comedy shows and I love detective stuff. This show gives me both.

Entourage - This show has me addicted.Each character is brilliant in his own right. My favorites would be Ari and Johny.

Big bang theory - Whay can I say? This has to be the single most hilarious show of all time. Sheldon rules.

Other shows I enjoy are : Monk,Two and a Half men,How I met your mother,Castle ,white collar and modern family.

Friends, Two & A Half Men, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air - These TV series have been repeated on TV many many times for the past few years and I watch em every day and even though I've seen the same episodes every year and I know what's happening next after the hundreth time, it still makes me laugh.

Prison Break, Lost - It's a shame both these shows ended but to me, they are the greatest shows of the noughties. I tend not to like anything that came in 2002 - Present cause that's when life went shit for me but these shows are frickin awesome. Full of great twists & great builds up. Unlike most predictable shows, I never expected and could never figure out their twists till they revealed it.

Raw - Yes not WWE as a whole, not Smackdown or NXT, not TNA Impact cause it's nothing compared to Raw, just Raw only. It's the flagship show, everybody grew up with it well even though I never saw Raw back in the day, only PPV's in which they would show clips of Raw but still, I abolsutely love the show whether an episode is shit or not & whether I've missed an episode or not.

I forgot a few in my previous post

Kenan & Kel - I don't know how I could forget it. This has to be my favorite show of all time. Both of them did their jobs very well and were superb actors. Even the supporting cast was awesome.

Fresh prince of bel air, Drake and Josh and full house were also some of my favorite shows.

The Office: Dwight Schrute is such a great character. I love the relationships between the characters aswell, Dwight having a 'man crush' on Michael and his relationship with Jan and then the drama with Jim, Pam and Karen. Ultimately, Dwight makes the show hilarious.

How I Met Your Mother: I know people have said it heaps but I love this show. Great characters. Barney Stinson is a great character. The show has a bit of everything, story, drama, lots of comedy, celebrity cameos (Wayne Brady, Enrique, Britney). Never been an episode I haven't loved.

Some other favorite shows whether its past/present include (besides what I've listed in my previous post):

Man VS Food- Holy crap, the places this guy goes to and what he shoves in his mouth is incredible. I get SO hungry watching him. But then some of his challenges all just to get a paper and your name on a wall?? :wtf: And you would increase your cholesterol by 2000%? He must be getting paid well and enjoy what he does, because he likes it. But I enjoy watching that gluttony.

Ghost Adventures- this is a show on Travel Channel, and its got this guy named Zak, pretty hot looking guy. They do mix the investigating with some humor too. There was this one place they went to on a Civil War house, and he looked like he was mounting this figure of a girl who died in a root cellar, and the ghost of her mentally insane father grabbed his ass to protect the figure of her body. They have these incredible pieces of equipment that can kind of decode what the ghosts are trying to 'say' and its is some the most unusual things to watch. Whether you are a believer or not, I am addicted to this show.

101 breeds of cats and dogs on Animal Planet- Basically each week, they break down different breeds of cats and dogs. It tells you the history of where they got their origination, the pros and cons of that animal breed , and gives and interview with the people who own that type of animal.

Viva La Bam- I SO LOVE this show and miss it. He was so crazy and did anything and everything to his friends and family. I loved how they spent the night in the Mall of America, and his fat Uncle Vito, had to have subtitles when you heard him talk. I loved the Prank War episode between Bam and johnny Knoxville, another classic was where his mom couldn't complain for 24 hours and Bam and his friends put her through hell like dying her clothes red, stealing her car, and having an all night rave in the house while they were sleeping.

Law and Order:SVU- I am SO addicted to this show. I think that is the best group on the series of all Law and Orders. I miss the Criminal Intent when they had Vincent Donofrio and Chris Noth, so I only watch SVU now. Benson, Stabler, Munch, and Tutuola, those 4 are probably the coolest detectives I'd want solving any case around. You know they love their jobs, and any twist, its awesome to see them get thru the hurdles and get those scum who hurt people.

Rob & Big/Fantasy Factory- What can I say? This guy is hilarious. From the first series with him and BB, to his Fantasy Factory now, anything he does, you want to see what he does next to try to make you go "What the heck did he just do?" Like dressing up as Bobby Lite, or wanting to have John Mayer record an apology song for his mom, or swimming with sharks, building the world's largest skateboard, making his parent's home handicap-able when his mom break's her leg (my personal fave).

Bully Beatdown- I'm so glad a new season is starting in November. I think that is the greatest show. Mayhem Miller is so electric in hosting it. What a great way to dish it out. Its funny to see these 'bullies' try to think they can outdo someone who is like a 5th degree blackbelt. My fave episode was a girl who's ex boyfriend swatted at air with his arm, and he said his shoulder popped out. But yet he was trying to take down the pro, and he could do a rematch in a few months...sure. Whatever kid. I can't wait for the new season because it looks like there's a female bully, and Mayhem actually steps into the cage to do battle with one of the bullies. I'm excited.

I have to say my favorite show right now would be Supernatural. Supernatural is a show that has it all. You have humor, drama, horror piled into one incredible TV series. Not to mention that Jensen and Jared are great actors who give out incredible performance in each episode. The range of emotion they can portray is incredible. The show also has a great set of supporting actors as well. Jim Beaver, Misha Collins, and Mark Pelligrino have done a fantastic job with their roles played them perfectly. Pelligrino gave a great and chilling performance as Lucifer, it was great to see his portrayal of Lucifer and how he almost made me feel sympathetic of him. I also really enjoy all the mythology that surrounds the show and the plot. I think the best plotline of the show came in seaons 4 and 5 where they dwelled into biblical mythology. The Heaven vs. Hell plotline was delivered so flawlessly and it all came together in such an epic way. I love this show and I will always be a die hard and loyal fan to the series. I make sure to never miss an episode and own almost all the DVD sets.

South Park is another show I really love. Matt and Trey are hilarious and some of the things they come up with are outrageously funny. South Park can probably continue to broadcast forever and I certainly would not mind that. Social commentary at its best.

Just to throw in a classic show for me, I would like to give Saved By the Bell a mention. Was it cheesy and corny? Absolutely! But it's a childhood favorite of mine and I still remember the days of coming back from school and watching the gang go on with their shenanigans. Zach and Kelly have to be one of the best on screen couples on television, I was always rooting for them. Great show to look back on.

Some honorable mentions go to Boy Meets World, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and Sister Sister. Mostly because they were part of my childhood and hold a special spot in my heart. Classic shows.

There are probably more, but I don't want to babble on about them. I'll just end it right here.

the shield: it was a awesome show that had a corrupt team of cops know as the strike team, they broke all the rules to keep the crime rate down great show.

Justified: it was another good show on FX, about a U.S. Marshall that is sent back to his home town,has a good plot and has Walton Goggins who played Shane Vandrell as the main villain. Just awesome. cant wait for the second season.

i have more but dont want to talk to much but those are my two favorites

THE MIGHTY BOOSH!

Ok, I'm guessing most of you guys have never heard of or seen it, ever.
Basically, it's a surreal, futuristic BRITISH comedy, which ran for 3 series, with another planned. Each series has a different setting, with the 1st being a Zoo, the 2nd being a flat & the 3rd being a shop.

Focuses on 4 characters - Vince, Howard, Naboo & Bollo. Each of the characters are a bit strange & wacky, I would recommend you do some research on them.

All in all, it's a great show. VERY funny & VERY weird. Go watch it :)

My favorite tv series (disregarding anything wrestling related) is probably The Office. I've been studying business in college so over the years I have been able to relate to a lot of the things that happen on the show because of things I have learned in class are being made fun of and it's so random, which is always a plus in my book. I never miss it.

My top three TV series would be

3 Top gear-Already mentioned by other peeps

2 Mock the Week- British stand up show, hosted by Dara O'brien, and regular guests Andy Parsons and Hugh Dennis. Basically this show talks about the week just gone and takes the mick out of it. Hilariously funny and my favourite part is at the end called "scenes we'd like to see", this is where all six panelists get given one subject and they perform a series of jokes to do with the subject. If you need a laugh and havent seen this defo go watch some clips on youtube.
:lol:
1 My wife and kids- is an American sitcom which ran from 2001-2005. Made by the wayans bros. you see a family, with three children getting into all-sorts of mischeif and madness. Really funny, puts me in stitches whenever i watch it. If you havent seen go and watch some episodes on youtube, it will bound to get you chuckling
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I see someone else already mentioned Boston Legal so I'll echo that. I had watched the practice for 6 years before that so I wasn't sure if I would like the show without the characters I had grown so used to watching but I was glad that I grew to like the show even more. For me, the thing that put it over the top was its absolute willingness to shatter the fourth wall entirely. The only thing that disappointed me about the show was when John Larroquette joined. I loved his work as Carl Sack but it meant that we would never see his character from the practice, Joey Heric, appear on the show. I thought Heric would've made a great lawyer/defendant in the show.

I now watch Shat My Dad Says and given the way I spell the title, you can guess why I like it so much. I also like the fellow that plays Henry and Will Sasso has definitely grown on me. I find the lady that plays Bonnie to be the least funny on the show.

I abo****ely love The Mentalist and it's because Simon Baker plays the likable rogue so well. Much like Alan Shore, he falunts convention and has no time for social niceties but because he's so charming and witty and gets the job done, you overlook his faults.

As you can see from my signature, I'm a fan of Doctor Who. I had never watched it before but when Matt Smith took voer this year, I figured that would be a good place to jump on. I was hooked from the first episode and I suppose it's not too surprising, really. I've watched British TV for the better part of 3 decades now and I've always loved time-travel stories so having them both in one show is a definite winner.

Lost is probably the first show I really took interest in and followed on my own. Going out of way to see episodes, buying the seasons, meeting up with friends and dissecting it, all that junk. Good times. I love Everybody Loves Raymond and I know a lot of people find it to be boring and annoying but absolutely love it.

Right now I'm watching Eureka, Fringe, Nip/Tuck and The Sopranos (I've never seen an episode) which I downloaded because my friends told me to and I decided I'd give it a try when LOST ended.

Ok i'll just have you guys know that i love my cartoons so here is my top 5
1. Batman: The Animated Series-ok i am a huge batman fan and i will always remember this show growing up. The artwork was masterful and other than the tim burton movies this is what got me into Batman and actually comics in general.
2. Whitest Kids You Know-funniest show on tv as of late my favorite skit is aberaham licoln's assasination. (now you fucked up)(suck my presedential cock bitch):lmao: it is just so immaturely funny!
3. Family Guy-Need I say more. Its better than south park in my opinion the show that is so vulgur it was cancelled for two years. It also has two entertaining spin offs
4. X-Men (TV Series)-i love the mutant comics and i love the animated series almost as mutch as i love the movies
5. House-No explanation i just like it. that guy is fucked up in the head.

1st post pretty exciting

1st. Stargate Sg-1- This is my favorite because I always enjoyed the syfy stuff like starwars star trek and other stuff like that. This show had great back stories and was actually really informative. This show had drama action and also a couple of tear jerker's too.

2nd. Lost- I think its quite strait forward either you hate the show or you love it, now I loved it so much put into the story you could not even follow. I remember I had to watch this 1 episode 3 times because I could not understand it. Great acting and a great storyline.

And 3rd. Monk- Monk was a great show about a PD (private detective) who solved nearly every crime the police had to throw at him. I loved the show because Tony Shalhoub does an amazing job playing Monk great actor and great storyline (like lost). My favorite part of Monk was his obsession with neatness.

My 4th that I wont explain but still love is Psych

3rd- My Wife and Kids- everytime it comes on i watch it and i always get a chuckle out of these shows. Jr. is funny as hell and the oldest sister/daughter is very beautiful.
2nd- Family Guy- How can you not like this show?? Its this decade's South Park and mybe even better than that. I mean i absolutly love the Griffin family and all the tactics that their always up to.
And Finallyyyy!!!..........
1st- Tosh.0- Daniel Tosh is the funniest dude on comedy central right now. Everything he says is very hillarious and its entertainment when he makes fun of people on the web videos.My favorite sketch of the show was when he did the " 1st level of Mario" if you have not watched this, go to Tosh.0s website and watch the uncut version.

Sons of Anarchy is hands-down my favorite show and has quite a following in the Sons of Anarchy thread down the hall. Someone said before it's the Sopranos on Harleys. Just enough action, drama, sex, violence and comedic relief to keep you interested every week. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest checking out season 1 first.

At the moment I am working my way through the Soprano's and am about to start the final series....this show has to be a contender for my favourite TV series

Fantastic actings, great characters, great theme music and very little to criticise about this show. It is definately something I will come back to and re-watch again in the future

I can't say this is my favorite show, but one that I am really enjoying right now is 30 Rock. A coworker of mine got me turned on to this show during the second season, I could not believe I was missing such a hilarious show. The characters on the show are all funny and play their parts well, from the lead actors all the way down to the actors with small parts. I really love Tracy Morgans character Tracy Jordan, he always has me cracking up. The character of Kenneth played by Jack McBrayer is probably one of the funniest characters on the show. This is a show I actually find myself looking forward to each week, and don't mind watching the reruns.

I like 4 tv shows.

Glee :- Its a music related show and i like watching this.
Desperate Housewives :- Its a Comedy-drama tv series. I love enjoy watching lives of a group of women.
Dexter:- I like dexter because of thriller and mystery.

two and a half men..
this one is comedy packed and i know most of people like it.
Other are cartoon shows which is listed in my best tv shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back