Favorite TV series.

The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson: There is not question that I am a huge Late-Night TV buff, and Craig Ferguson is by far the best host on TV at the moment. Even though he takes the 12:35 spot on CBS, after Letterman, he is incredibly funny. His show is unlike any late night show I've seen. Here is is usual formula:

Skit
Theme Song
Monologue
Tweets & E-Mails
Guests
What Did We Learn On The Show Tonight Craig?

The best part? He doesnt use cue-cards. Everything he does, from beginning to end in pure stand-up, it's all improvised. Everything that he says is very funny, and I guarantee you that if you watch his show, you WILL laugh. That's a fact.

my favorite show of all-time is Chuck. I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, because it is fairly popular, and a running series on NBC. ther is everything to love, and nothing to hate about this show. the main character is a guy you I relate to, the main female girl is hot, not gonna lie. Adam Baldwin is hilarious, with all the little things he does. it's got everything i want in a show: explosions, good plot, guns, and even romance. it's a great family friendly show with a unique cast.

Another show that i used to love was Buffy the Vampire slayer. i won't go into detail, because i barely remember it, but i remember watching episodes with my mom every week. it's an awesome show.

other shows i like are Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory, Jackass, Family Guy, the Simpsons, Tosh.0, and.. why not, Glee (i can't deny the fact that it is a good show)!

Ah Ferb you rock! NCIS is #1 for me too. It's not just liking a show that leaves you wondering if they're going to solve the case or not. No, what makes NCIS better than other cop shows is the characters involved and their interaction. They delve into the characters lives in this show much more than other shows like it. Look at this past season finale. How can you not wonder how bad Gibbs' past is gonna bite him in the ass? I didn't even start watching this show until early this year and now I can't get enough of it. I've already seen every episode.

I'd have to go with Family Guy as my #2. I can understand with a lot of people how it's hit and miss because the humor is sooo random. But that's what I love about it. They make fun of so much random shit at random times and to me that makes it so much funnier. The other shows McFarlane has done don't even compare in my mind, because they're too similar to Family Guy but not nearly as good as the original.

And #3 is The Simpsons. What can I say? I've been watching it since it started and it's still pretty damn funny. A friend and I will just randomly text some of the funniest lines from old episodes to each other just to get a good chuckle.

Oh another I have to throw in cuz of another thread I saw earlier is Who's Line Is It Anyway? That show made me laugh from start to finish. I was never ever able to catch it very often but when I did it did nothing short of amaze me. It's a shame it's so hard to find reruns of.

Hey WrestleZone i know that this topic has came up time and time again but I wan't to know your favorite T.V. show of all time. My favorite would definately have to be The Simpsons i remember the first time I watched the show and after that moment i was hooked on it. Also who is your favorite character in that T.V. series.

The Simpsons is my favorite because i just like the plot that Matt Groening shares with his audience and i adore the characters. My favorite character in the show would have to be Homer because although he can be stupid he still makes you laugh on a regular basis. Although the laughs have gone down now that I got older i still enjoy watching what Matt Groening comes up with so for me my favorite T.V. show of all time is the Simpsons.:lmao:

Frasier

My God this show was brilliant. It remains a classic to this day. It's ageless (almost, the fashion does make the first season look dated) in terms of comedy and situations. What really made it tick was that it so successfully separated itself from it's parent show. It had a different approach and style to Cheers but retained that good heartedness. It was also a tad surprising that Frasier would be a family sitcom, not a work place one. The sub-plots were also weaved tremendously. Frasier's quest for love, Niles & Daphne's relationship, Martin & Frasier learning to openly express themselves to one another, Roz learning how to deal with responsibility etc...It's all here. A great show that crosses all boarders, is funny as hell but still retains a human drama.

Scrubs- I have watched this continuely over the years, all the characters are great and funny in their own ways, and the show taught little life lessons in my opinion. Also JD and Turk were awesome and then Dr. Cox i consider him a legendary character.

Family Guy- Absolutely random and funny with its rude and crude humour, Seth MacFarlane bushes boundaries with the show and thast great i feel.

Sons Of Anarchy- I became an instant fan because the show's subject and content matter is entertaining as well as being voilent in some ways realistic in a way. Jax is such a good protaganist in taht he is stuck between present times and wanting change.

Two And A Half Men- I know people on here don't like it but i find fantastic and laugh pretty much everytime i watch the show, such great material.

True Blood- will have to be my first choice since I haven't watched a show in years that made me want to tune in every week. True Blood is about vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, were panthers, and every other entity under the sun. Some may not give True Blood credit comparing it to the God awful Twilight saga, but True blood is anything but. It's a violent adult show filled with sex, blood, and hot vampires like Jessica and the Queen. Just watch one episode and you are hooked.

Curb Your Enthusiasm- another HBO show from Seinfeld creator Larry David about getting into every situation imaginable and having everything backfire on you.

The Simpsons- This show was my favorite show growing up and I always love to catch the old episodes, but the new ones have a lot to be desired.

Family Guy- Another show that is usually hilarious and breaks every taboo in the book, but sometimes it can come off too annoying and childish.

King of the Hill- This cartoon has been my favorite for a while now. Its not anything extreme but it is still funny despite being a family comedy.

South Park- This show is probably the most ruthless comedy I have ever seen. It even puts Family Guy to shame. South Park brings up controversial issues and bashes them with every chance they get causing for hilarious television.

Other shows that were my favorites that I won't go too into are The Sopranos, Beavis and Butthead, Sifl and Olly, and Nip Tuck.

I'll second everyone who said Simpsons, Deadliest Warrior, Mythbusters, Tosh.0, The Office (USA), and Whose Line is It Anyway.

For ones that people have not mentioned:

The West Wing
I just started watching this show a year ago (It ended like 5 years ago) on weekday mornings on Bravo. I think the writing is great and the idea of a storyline that centers around the behind the scenes of the White House really intrigues me. Although I am a conservative and this show has a liberal bent (but really, what show doesn't) I thoroughly enjoy this series.

Pros Vs. Joes
Awesome idea for a show. Pit retired athletes with wannabe athletes and see if these Joes can come out on top. I also like the latest episode of having Owens/McNabb/Gates team up in a basketball game against three retired nba pros.

The Soup
Joel McHael is great on this show and was Tosh.0 before Tosh.0.

Daily Show/Colbert Report
Surprised no one has brought up these shows. Great comedies that points out some of the absurdities in government. Again, both shows have liberal tilts, but they are more fair to conservatives then many media outlets.

Chappelle Show
Great comedian and a hilarious show. Entertaining skits that could still easily be running today if Chapppelle kept on working. (To a lesser extent, I'll give props to Carlos Mencia as well, he had his moments)

Hey FitFinaly4Life, I love your pic of a young Finlay,that is definitely Bad @$$.

Now I know this is not about wrestling but WWE is the only show that I really have to see.

So yeah Monday Night Raw I absolutely must see if possible! I love my wrestling! I am a huge wrestling freak and Raw is the biggest show in the WWE. The most eventful things happen on this show. I am always ready to see what happens on Raw because i just find it very exciting. Simple as that.

Friday Night Smackdown I also love to follow. This may be the B show of WWE but to me it is almost just as good as Raw. The show usually has younger talent. I like the younger talent and I like to see them succeed. The matches on Smackdown are usually better than those on Raw and I do not know why!

Now I must go back in time since there are no other shows in this period of time that I must keep up with. So I would like to visit my past favorite tv shows

Growing up I could not stand to miss a new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh. Yu-Gi-oh was the bomb! I woke up every Saturday morning to see the new episodes on the WB. It was probably the first anime I ever got into. The card game was amazing and a new thing in the gaming world.

Pokemon was definitely a show I grew up watching every Saturday morning. I had to see every episode because it was just a very enjoyable show. When I was younger I really liked the differeent Pokemon and how they interracted with one another. Ash and Pikachu always brought their "A" game.

Last but not least, Courage The Cowardly Dog was a show I had to catch every Friday there was a new episode. It was kinda like Scooby Doo but way different. You had real enemies, real monsters, and definitely better comedy. Courage was awesome. It also had a gothic dark side to the show which I really liked because it made the enemies more creepier.

So yeah, that is my history of TV shows.

Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy - Favorite cartoon of all time. Loved the slapstick. But I feel that the movie dragged for too long.

Prison Break - I watched every new episode ever since the pilot, but for some reason I stopped watching it maybe halfway through the second-to-last season.

Venture Bros. - Something about it fascinates me. Probably the dialogue. I always catch reruns on Adult Swim.

Moral Orel - Same as above. Gotta love the irony. And darkness of the last season made me appreciate it more.

Mary Shelley's Frankenhole - Entertaining thus far. Love the stories. Not much of a plot, but it's about the episode solely, but past characters make appearances.

Pawn Stars - Great show. I like some of the items and laugh at the customers when they ask for full price. Rick's laugh is funny and slightly annoying at the same time. Hell, I actually bet with my brother a few times on the outcome.

Too many to list.

I've got two main ones, but unfortunately they've both ended. :(

Scrubs - I think this is the epitome of how a comedy that also has a serious side should be run. The great use of music, all the great actors, and the great jokes all come together to make this show imo one of the greatest on TV ever. Each character was cast perfectly, whether it be a main cast character like John Mcginley as Dr. Cox, or someone who appeared in only one episode, such as Kathryn Joosten in My Old Lady. It also teaches us some valuable lessons, and being as brilliant as it is it can make us laugh one minute and have us crying the next. Scrubs is what any comedy show should be.

Lost - When Lost was on, I made sure never to miss an episode. I was enthralled by the mystery, and by the characters. I was always theorising on what was going to happen next, and how it was all going to end. I think The End is my favourite episode out of the whole series, it tied up everything perfectly, while still leaving us with some mysteries to theorise about. And the scene with Jack in the bamboo forest closing his eye is poetic, and one of the best scenes on TV. Lost was a show that could enthrall a viewer, and knew what it wanted to accomplish, which is why I loved it so much.

I don't watch a lot of TV. That said, one show popped into my mind immediately: Cowboy Bebop.

You all know about my affinity for anime. Well, this is the best of the bunch. Released in 1998, Cowboy Bebop is a space opera that was years ahead of its time. It was a dramatic and episodic show, with continuity upheld. The animation was top quality, as was everything else about the show, even the English dub which is widely regarded as the best English dub of all time. The soundtrack was mostly made up of jazz music that worked surprisingly well. In fact, I don't believe any other type of soundtrack could have fit the show better.

While the production values were excellent, so was the show itself. There is heavy drama in every episode as the bounty hunters that make up the crew of the Bebop try and get their marks. There is an underlying story throughout the whole thing that slowly pieces together through the whole season. There are some genuinely funny comic relief moments to break up the tension. The show has everything you could want in a show of its type and it does it perfectly. I love it.

ER is definitely way up there for me it was absolutely groundbreaking when it debuted back in 94. It made a cast of mostly unknown actors into household names instantly. George Clooney became the big movie star out of the group. I think he is a great actor, but on that show Anthony Edwards was without a doubt the star. Until he left and passed the torch to Noah Whyle. Another thing that made the show so good was it was always able to adapt to change many actors left over the years. It stayed a top show until Whyle left after 11 seasons. It went on for 4 more I still liked it but it wasn't the same.

The Sopranos certainly ground breaking as well. It changed they way a lot of people looked at TV shows. It influenced many shows to become darker and edgier. Like ER it had a mostly unknown cast that became well known instantly. It also adapted to character changes guys getting killed old guys getting out of prison.

That 70's Show is by far my favorite comedy. It runs on 4 channels a day on syndication, and no matter how many times I've seen it I watch them over and over. Many of the cast had little to no acting experience before the show. Most of them have moved on to great careers after it ended a very successful run.

Friends- I'm shocked that no one has mentioned this series, it's awesome there is so many funny moments with great characters, at times also it can be serious with a fair bit of drama.

South Park- I always laugh at there potrayal of celebrities and the characters are the funniest and most diverse I've ever seen on a series, MUCH BETTER THAN FAMILY GUY

Prison Break- Great series with a very good plot and an amazing ending.

My favorite show on television that isn't wrestling would have to be South Park. I love this show very much and it really shows how both Trey Parker and Matt Stone will go down in history as pure comedic geniuses. The way they lampoon current events and out them in their shows for the main plots for each episode is usually done to perfection. Season 14 has been great and in my mind has been the best season since Season 11 which was a very great season. Seasons 12 and 13 were good as well but just didn't have as many stand out episodes like 11 had, but Season 14 has had some very memorable episodes from the spring run. It seems that usually with every season Matt and Trey just get better at what they do and their work really reflects that.

They are single handedly keeping Comedy Central relevant, because we all know without South Park Comedy Central would be nothing as almost 95% of the shows on there are shit. I am counting down the days until October 6th when South Park returns to finish the last half of Season 14 known as "The Fall Run" of the season. There can be a few directions in which there episodes could go such as parodying the oil spill in Gulf, Mel Gibson's latest humiliating, tirade, the troops returning from Iraq, and probably many more that I'm not thinking of. I would like to see them rip Justin Bieber apart in an episode as well. Whatever parody Season 14 will bring us you know it's going to be a very well written and executed lampoon. Which is why South Park is one of the very best shows on television today.

I really only have 2.

1) Friends: Such a great show. The epsiodes will always give you a laugh and generally they are just as funny as each other when all in the one scene. Joey and Chandler make the show for me, especially Chandler. I think I relate to Chandler alot in terms of his sarcasm. Everything he says his sarcasm which is the same for me. Also who wouldn't want to watch Jennifer Aniston for half n hour each night.

2) Isn't it obvious. How I Met Your Mother. Such a hilarious show. The storyline actually doesn't get old as well. It is meant to be about he finds his wife but they usually get off that topic which makes everyone happy, and if you don't want to be like Barney Stinson then you aren't human.

Pokemon- I know it's anime but I just had to include it.

How I Met Your Mother- I just love all the characters and have adopted "legendary" into my vocabulary and use it every day now. I watch it again and again and it never gets old. Barney should go down as one of the best TV characters ever. Neil Patrick Harris pulls it off flawlessly. It can also incorporate a bit of drama too, which I think is important.

Scrubs- I love Dr. Cox's legendary rants and laugh at every episode I watch, even though I found J.D annoying and wanted him off the show, every other character, especially Janitor made up for it.

King of the Hill- I don't laugh as much as Scrubs of HIMYM, but I can always watch it and laugh and smile every episode. Very entertaining.

King of Queens- Same as above.

I don't have TV/Cable at the moment and haven't for a few months but only because we moved and just never go cable for some reason. But I fucking miss it so much.

1. The Simpsons

I love this show. Great characters and always funny. The humor is original and its just a great show. However when I had cable it only came on once a day at 7:30 on the second Fox Channel that I got. It used to come on at 6, 6:30 on two channels, 7:30 on two channels, and 11:00. Each one with a different episode. But they replaced all but one with Family Guy.

2. No Reservations on the Travel Channel
Anthony Bordain is such a great host for me. He is normal, he drinks, he swears and he doesn't go to the typical tourist bull shit. He goes off the radar where a country's true culture lives. Plus he is pretty funny at times.

3. Mike and Mike in the Morning, ESPN 2
I used to wake up at 5 in the morning just to watch this show. They are very funny and give real opinions on sports. They tell you what they really think of something and they give facts and reasons to correctly back up what they say. Great sports show.

4. First Take, ESPN2
This actually comes on right after Mike and Mike. Most of the show is just interviews and such but every few minutes they have 1st and Ten. Two people debate topics about sports. Skip Bayless is always one of them. He has says some of the strangest and outlandish things but he is usually right, and knows what the fuck he;s talking about. Some times he debates celebrities like Lil' Wayne or Dane Cook too.

5. Survivor
I've been watching this since the first season and I fucking love it. The survival aspect is great to me plus there is so much deceit, lying, strategizing, and turning on this person and on that person. Always drama on that show. Most people stopped watching years ago but I don't know it's a family tradition at my house.

1.Psych-By far my favorite tv show right now. I love the tongue in cheek humor along with the mysteries that are spun into it. This is one of those series as well that u have to watch the show two, three times to catch all the funny parts. James Roday and Dule Hill have the type of chemistry in a show that u can't manufacture, and I love the sarcasm. Probably the funniest show Ive ever seen, and the plot twists are just icing on the cake. I was stoked when Roday and Hill were set to guest host Raw(the one guest hosts I was actually looking forward to), and disapointed Roday had to pull out due to an emergency appendectomy. The fake psychic premise is absurd but is what makes the show as funny as it is.

2.Burn Notice First off, I love how Jeffrey Donovan narrates a good bit of the show. He doesnt treat the audience like idiots, yet he explains the nuances of "the spy game" that most people wouldnt completely understand, myself included! There's also alot of subtle humor in the show, and they never fail to create a mini story within the overarching main plot that makes the hour fly by. Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell, and Sharon Gless are phenomenal suppoting characters with which each have a love-hate relationship with Donovan's character. Fantastic show.

3.The Office I got hooked on this show by an ex of mine who never missed the show. I bought her every season on DVD, and often wanted to stay up watching more when she wanted to go to bed! I love the rediculous premise of a "paper company's" day to day activities being followed by a camera. The vignettes where the characters comment on various situations is hilarious, but its Steve Carell's ineptitude and cluelessness as the branch manager that truly makes this show. This is probably the one show that makes me laugh out loud on a consistent basis.

4. NCIS Maybe I like the idea of dysfunction and a good mystery, but these are the type of shows I tend to gravitate to. Mark Harmons no-nonsense character is flanked beautifully by his competent yet petty team that argues amongst themselves the entire way to solving murders. They manage to keep me guessing until the last minute in most episodes, which is something else I appreciate greatly in a tv show, or movie. I like the "realness" thats injected into the characters as well, as they dont seem like supercops, rather, competant investigators with the same flaws and problems that you and I have. The cheeky humor doesnt hurt either.

Gotta say, my favorite TV show of the past 10 years or so(even though its been off the air for 5 years now) is Everybody Loves Raymond. I can't seem to pull away from an episode that's on even when I'm not looking for it on TBS or TVLAND or something like that. Their consistent and mostly hilarious display of dysfunction keeps me in hysterics just about every time I tune in to watch this program. From Romano himself, to two of the finest actors ever to grace the smallscreen in Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle(RIP Mr. Boyle). the success of this sitcom,to me was due to an excellent writing staff and some fine performances from a fabulous cast(both regular and guest starring.) My all time favorite episode is from season two when Marie shows Debra how to make her meatballs, of course not with out some trickery on Marie's part. This episode was a great example of one of the themes of this program, which,of course, was the tension between Debra and her mother in law.

The Office is my hands down favorite. I have seen every episode, and while the past couple seasons haven't lived up to the early days of the show, it's still damn funny. And with the rumor that Steve Carrell is leaving the show after this season, I hope it's the last. Because without the Pam/Jim story, there's nothing of note on the show besides Michael Scott. That's what the show is all about. Season 2 was just fucking brilliant, definitely my hands down favorite. Fantastic work by Carell, he was just hilarious. And the Jim/Pam story was just great and was written perfectly.

Kenan & Kel [WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA?]

Kel loves orange soda!!! Keenan and Kel was the shit, I'm gonna have to buy some old seasons or some shit. Here's more of my favorite TV shows.

The Boondocks- Great fucking show, I've never seen a bad episode, all the charecters are top notch, and the fight scenes are great.

South Park- Just like Boondocks, I've never seen a bad episode, and I absolutley love the outrageous storylines.

Family Guy- As you can tell, I love the adult cartoon genre, and Family Guy is the first one I ever warched, I often break out into gut busting laughter while watching this show.

Courage The Cowardly Dog- Some of the most ridiculous villians in this show, and Courage (without saying anything but "abbaba ubbu ababa) never fails to make me laugh.

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air- Will Smith at his funniest, also tackles some great family issues.

Chappelle Show- I still remember sneaking into my dads DVD stash and popping this in as a little kid, and laughing hysterically at everything he said and did. This show probably influenced my childhood more than any other show. Lol.

;)

Well Ill assume that you mean ones which are not wrestling oriented, so I will list those.

In no real order:

The Simpsons: And excellent and extremely funny show which nearly everyone has seen. I have watched this show my whole life and have enjoyed every episode I have seen with the only real exceptions coming recently due to the show becoming far more politically charged.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: An awesome show. It featured a great story, awesome main characters, and funny jokes. I have seen probably ever incarnation of these characters and have loved them all.

Johnny Bravo A hilarious and entertaining 90's cartoon on Cartoon Network. It went through two different incarnations with both being great.

Dragon Ball Z: In incredibly epic series from Japan which featured awesome fights, stories, and scenes. This show pretty much ruled my childhood with the others in very close proximity.

And Beavis And Butthead: I loved this show, its simple and crude humor was great, and its take on music videos was awesome. I also highly enjoyed the movie.

There are many more, but these are the ones I felt probably stand out the most, at least for the moment.

Two and a Half Men:I'm a sucker for a good sitcom and this is a great sitcom. It started in 2003 and is still running strong the comedy in this is great, from Berta to Charlie's Failure of a Brother. It's Just great. I can't get enough of this show I try to watch it at least once a day.

Californication- Has got to be my favorite tv show David Duchovny is killer in this show he has me laughing every time he talks the show pulls great ratings and the situations Hank gets him self into are crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back