Favorite TV series.

Ferbian

Has Returned.
You, I, that guy over in the corner, we all have some television show, or television series that we simply must tune in to watch, we probably have quite a few of them.

Some of them for the drama of it, a series like One Tree Hill, or for those kind of people, The Horton Saga.

Just as well we have some that provide the entertainment like Scrubs, Two and a half men etc.

But the question this thread is gonna pose, what is your favorite television series? and why?

**This is not limited to one, or two choices, post as many as you feel like, but remember to leave a reason**

1. NCIS: I've always been a sucker for TV series that leaves you wondering who the murderer was, or how they're gonna solve a case, how was he murdered etc.

I liked Cold Case, but it grew boring with time, NCIS has remained an interesting series for me, both with some dramatic endings, some funny moments and the on occasions, a thrilling moment.

2. The Simpsons: While as of late the most we get to see when there's no new season running, is old episodes, but nonetheless they have never failed to keep me entertained, the show speaks for itself when it comes to it's greatness, so many year's it have run, and it still hasn't grown old for me, I still laugh over episodes I've watched 5,10, 20 times.

3. Top Gear: I'm not much of a guy with car knowledge, but I like this show because of all the tests they sometimes air, the competition they have with each other where they purchase a car each. The competition they have when they put a car vs a plane etc.

4. According to Jim: This is a close one between number 4 and the 5's really, but According to Jim has just succeeded in entertaining me the most throughout the years it has been produced, the mixture of angry and sarcastic comments that Jim Belushi throws out with every episode will most likely have me laughing every time.

5. Two and a half men / Scrubs draw: First off Two and a half men has always entertained me, the idiocy of Jake (the kid for those who don't know) and Charlie / Alan (the brothers) and the constant idiocy across the whole damn family to be honest.

Secondly Scrubs has as well also entertained me, again the idiocy posted alongside the serious angry humor that Dr. Cox poses every now and then, mixed with the gay like relationship between Turk and J.D which has never failed to entertain me.

Honorable mentions would be: Friends, great series, but the fact that there's no chance of a new episode coming along like, ever, just kills the whole thing for me because I've watched it over and over and over.

Sons of Anarchy is my show of choice. I have never missed an episode and expect that trend to continue when the new season begins in either August or September. I find the shows mixes its acting and action very well. There are so many different characters but the shows is very good at giving them all time to expand their characters and explain their problems. The soundtrack is another thing that keeps me hooked. You can almost expect weekly that an awesome song will be used at some point.

As for sitcoms, I watch the Office a lot. I try to catch it whenever it is new and usually do but not always. I do watch older episodes all the time because they are always on television when I am relaxing.

The same goes for Spin City. If it is on and I am free I will not miss it. I just find it hilarious and always puts me in a better mood. Unfortunately I am working all day now and can no longer watch Spin City so I will have to take a break from it for awhile.

I honestly have far too many favourites to list but I am just going to talk about a couple of them to save myself time and you the effort of reading me marking out all over my post.

So, the first TV show that I absolutely adore is Family Guy. I don't think it takes a genius to work out that it has been my favourite TV show for many years and it doesn't look like giving up that position for an awful long time. I have always been a fan of the humour in the show and have found people to be overly-critical of the show in recent times. Personally, I have found the reasons that people attack it to be unfounded and silly. That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and mines is that Family Guy is still one of the best TV shows on the box. I've been a fan since the very first episode and I will be a fan even after the very last one. There is not a character on TV that I care more about than Peter Griffin and that's not likely to change either.

However, over the last few weeks, I have been trying to find a new serial drama to watch as House and Lost finished up for their respective reasons. I stumbled upon Dexter and haven't looked back since. I don't know how big the show is in other countries but in the UK, it doesn't really seem to have a massive following. It is probably because it is on a shitty channel in the UK that no one cares about. However, I know that it is doing well for Showtime over in the USA and it is likely to continue on for a while, if Michael C. Hall's health remains good. It really is a great show and something that really can be tense and gripping as well as being interesting and funny at times. It's a great show and I would urge everyone to give it a try.

1) Moonlighting - Bruce Willis's smartass and Cybil Shepard being the original MILF. I had every episode taped for me when I was away at college.

2) Due South - The combination of the Mounties antics and Rey's reactions had me in kinks & the themesong was frickin awesome.

3) QI - British comedy quizshow that basically goes out of it's way to demonstrate that everything you think you know is BS. Hosted by Stephen Fry, a genius you can like, House's old comedy partner.

4) Top Gear - British car program, but not really- it's more a three man bromance show. Fantastically funny- these nutters drove thru the State of Alabama with the slogans 'Man Love Rulz', 'Hilary for President' and 'Country Music Sucks' and nearly got killed (youtube it, it really does have to be seen to be believed)

5) Never Mind The Buzzcocks - British comedy music quiz. Basically an excuse for the host to insult famous guests every week. The intros round were two members of a team 'sing' the instrumental intro to a song to the third member for them to guess can be sublime. The identity parade (spot the musician in a group of 5) is great for anyone who likes micky taking.

Hon mentions to (in no particular order) Game On, Friends, Spin City, Married With Children, Frasier, Cheers and 2 and a Half Men... great sitcoms that pass the ultimate test - you really can watch them again and again and again and still laugh:lmao:

I don't really go for drama shows. They can't hold my attention. So when it comes to TV shows, one stands out for me: The Office. I'm talking about the classic British one, not the very average American version. It is made up of two series and two specials. Everything about it is perfect. It seems like it is not just written but crafted. While every episode is distinct from the others, there is an underlying story to it. The characters bounce off of eachother perfectly (the relationship between Tim and Gareth, for example) and they all serve their purpose. In so many comedies, the characters are one-dimensional but in The Office they are layered throughout the series. I also love the little things about it. Like when the main character David Brent looks at the camera every so often when talking. It doesn't sound like much, but things like that make it more perfect.

I've yet to meet someone who doesn't like The Simpsons. Sure it's more recent episodes aren't brilliant, but they're still pretty good. I've watched it for as long as I can remember. It can mix social commentary with childish humour. It's why it has such a huge fanbase made up of people of all ages. On a similar animated note I also love Family Guy and American Dad. Family Guy is probably better, but it's been around longer. Also, Stewie is a fantastic character. An American baby with a British accent who wants world domination. Genius!

I also love Friends. I've seen all the episodes so many times that I know the punchline before they say it. But it doesn't get old. It's a shame that they won't do a film, it would be ridiculously popular.

My favorite series was The Simpsons, and I still love that show to death, but I haven't watched it that much recently, and since I've seen most of the episodes, I don't miss it much. In terms of needing to tune in, I need to tune in to Futurama. Matt Groening is behind both shows, so it makes sense that I love them both. Futurama is similar to The Simpsons in some ways, such as its social commentary, but it's different in other ways, such as its focus on story arcs instead of the usual 22-minute story arc that is never mentioned again. It's really cool to watch the first episode and see little details that aren't mentioned until seasons later. It just shows how much thought goes into the show.

Not to mention how hilarious it is. It mixes lowbrow humor with math and science jokes that I don't even understand. I'm in the group that thinks that shows like Family Guy are funny, but most of their jokes are the same type of humor, and I get tired of that. That never seems to happen in Futurama.

Plus, after the success of the DVD movies, the show is coming back for new episodes on June 24. Give it a shot. It's funny. Honest.

1. Supernatural:...is much more kickass then it's occult predecessors like Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Twin Peaks in my opinion. An epic story involving two brothers that must face demons, angels, and every-other-shady creature from folklore because they are, of all things, hunters. Git-R-Done.

Throw in some Classic Rock music now and then and you have yourself some good home viewing.

2.Sons Of Anarchy: always makes me think if the Sopranos rode motorcycles this is what you would see. LOVE this show in all of its entirety; has that classic Hamlet thing going with Jack's mom and uncle/father, got plenty of gang warfare, and lest we forget Ron Perlman. SAMCRO 4 Life.

3.Friday Night Smackdown: Surprised no one mentioned a wrestling show on this thread. In my mind Smackdown has always been the better show ever since the roster got cut in two and Stephanie McMahon took charge. Back when it was on Thursday Nights I got my fix watching the likes of Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar doing their thing while up-and-comers like John Cena were making some waves. The show had it all, but above all else it had the wrestling we loved to see. People will bitch about Triple H's domination of Raw in 2002-03, but never have I seen a single post on Lesnar destroying the competition. WHY? 'Cuz they did it right.

My favourite TV show which is still ongoing is The Office, the US version. I much prefer american produced TV shows compared to british ones, which you'll see further into this post. Anyway, the fourth season is currently being shown here in the UK and i'm loving it. I make sure to tune in every Wednesday night to see the new episodes and i'm hoping seasons five and six aren't too far away. The main reason I love this show is Steve Carell's portrayal of Michael Scott. He is just so perfectly cringe worthy that sometimes I do get embarrassed for him, despite him being a fictional character. It's not just Michael though. The show has a great bunch of characters from the likes of Jim and Dwight to the lesser seen but still hilarious characters like Creed and Kevin. Non stop laughs from beginning to end.

Another favourite of mine is The Simpsons, but not so much the newer episodes. I tune in every once in a while to see the new episodes and I find them mostly disappointing. However, The Simpsons episodes from season one to about season thirteen are just absolutely fantastic. I mentioned the characters in The Office, but the great array of characters in The Simpsons is just out of this world. Not only are there a shitload of characters but almost all of them are funny or at least interesting in some way. I probably should give the new episodes more of a chance, but I don't think they could ever compare to The Simpsons of the nineties.

Scrubs is another fantastic series. I was kind of sad to hear it got cancelled recently, but then again, I was against the ninth season going ahead after the terrific finale to season eight. That just felt like the right way to go out. Anyway, the great thing about Scrubs is the ability to mix ridiculously stupid humour with serious drama and life lessons. In one scene you could be watching one of JD's fantasies and then, in the very next scene, you could be watching the complication of a medical issue unfold. It's strange at how often JD's summations actually make me think about what he said. The show's got an unparalleled soundtrack too.

Finally, and my favourite TV series of all time, Monk. It's very clever and very funny at the same time. Tony Shalhuob does an outstanding job as Adrian Monk. He can make you laugh at his condition, although in real life it would be no laughing matter, and he can make you feel so sorry for him as well. Like I said, the show is very clever, in the way they keep coming up with different ways for Monk to solve the homicides. The show can be very touching as well, when Monk is particularly struggling with his OCD or in episodes when Trudy is featured. Absolutely brilliant series and my favourite of all time.

I've got just 4 that I always try to watch.

1.)Mythbusters-I just love this show. It makes science rock. Also, Kari is hot. But besides that, it takes everyday things and blows them up. That rocks.

2.)Bones-Bones is the only crime drama I watch. I like it just because it is different from all of the rest.

3.)Deadliest Warrior-One of the best shows on cable. Taking two different fighters and putting them against each other is a great idea.

4.)Good Eats-My personal favorite. Alton Brown makes cooking nerdy. He explains how the cooking actually happens and why he uses the ingredients he does.

The Sopranos- Best show in the history of television. This was like a new feature film each week. Sure, it had storylines that ran throughout the series, but it felt like an event each and every week it was on. Great characters who had a lot of depth, like Tony, Junior, Carmela, AJ, Christopher, Livia, ...I could go on, but I won't. The dream sequences were the most realistic I have ever seen, with how random they were. Everything about this show was great, and the final scene was the most fitting ending in the history of television.

NYPD Blue- Andy Sipowicz has to be, next to Tony Soprano, the most lovable, yet hateful character in television history. He was funny, smart, responsible (post drunkenness)...but he was also a racist, a drunk, and an overall jackass most of the time. But you couldn't help but love the guy. He had great partners all along the way, most of all John Kelly. It's too bad Caruso had to act like a baby and leave the show, it could have been even better had he stayed.

24- Not much to say about this one, besides the fact that the first two seasons were groundbreaking, and real edge-of-your-seat stuff. The show had no rules, and the rules it did have, it eventually broke those as well. As the show dragged on, it took away from it's legacy. But Jack Bauer has hit Chuck Norris-status, so it's all good.

Californication- I would have never thought David Duchovny could be this hilarious. During the X-Files, Mulder showed some comedic skills, but I didn't think he could play that funny-type character on such a consistent basis. Great supporting characters (almost on the level of the Sopranos); Charlie Runkle, Marcie, his daughter, his wife, the rockstar (who's name I cannot remember, and I don't feel like looking it up). Hell, even Rick Springfield was good. Funniest show I have seen in years, and I'm glad it's still going.

Roseanne I loved this show ever since I was little. It had a decent run lasting 9 seasons, and is in heavy syndication on multiple channels. I was pissed when Nick @ Nite took it off last year, I used to fall asleep almost every night watching it. I have probably seen every episode at least 3 times. What I loved most about it was how it the Connor's represented blue collar families. The show also had very believable common storylines that families go through.

Entourage I didn't become a fan untill the third season. I watched very little episodes before then. With the advice from a couple friends I started to watch it religiously since the 3rd season and haven't missed one since! What makes this show so great is the characters, the main character Vince isn't even the most liked, I think Ari and Drama steal the show. The show is losely based off of Mark Wahlberg's life and career. It features a life most of us dream of, living with your close friends in Hollywood, partying your ass off, and banging hot ass girls.Plus the celebrity apperances cameos and roles are always great.

Deadliest Warrior This is another show that I didn't pay much attention to up untill a few months ago right, when Spike was starting to air the reruns from the 1st season to build up the start of the 2nd one. I find it awesome how they take two types of fighters or a groups of fighters from the past or present then test all their weapons and fighting techniques, then at the end of the show,they will put their numbers from the tests and put it into a computer and run it 1000 times to see who would win they also will show a simualtion of the two sides squaring off to show who the winner would be. I love when they bring in people from each side of the warriors they are testing and have them bicker at each other on why they are better.

Pawn Stars I like this show a lot. It's based on a pawn shop in Los Vegas where people will bring in their stuff to pawn or sell. What i love is how dumb people can be, they get their quote on what their item is worth they are trying to sell to the store, and want the full value of what they are told it's worth. Just amazes me that people are that dumb to think they will get the full amount, when how is the shop supposed to sell it if they buy it for whats its worth. Then they will get pissed when they get laughed at in their face for telling them they want to sell it for what it's worth. What is also cool about the show is the differnt amount of things people bring into sell or pawn, also is funny to see the look on people's face when they are told that the thing they are trying to sell is a fake. The only thing I don't like is the owner Rick's laugh, shit is annoying as hell.

Friday Night Lights

The absolute best show on television the past 4 years. Not only that, but it's also the greatest sports drama in television history, AND the greatest teen drama as well.

The show tackles every subject that comes with high school, plus also tackling subjects that have to do with running a football team and a family. And they do it very, very well.

Take the previous episode to air on NBC a week or so ago, "The Son." This episode was about a young man losing his father in Iraq, and I GUARANTEE you, you would never see a better episode on any television show about a subject of someone losing a family member in War. From the flawless acting of Zach Gilford, to how everything was written... it was truly tremendous.

But yeah... it seems like every subject Friday Night Lights tackles, they do it better than everyone else, while also not being condescending about it and shoving their views down our throats. And not to mention, the football in the show.... seriously guys, there has been some GREAT football in this show; better than most movies you've seen about the sport.

I cannot recommend Friday Night Lights enough. If you have Netflix, you can check it out there. If you want to buy the DVDs, they're cheap on Amazon. Or hell, if you want to watch them on the computer, every episode is on their official website for free. There's no reason not to check this awesome, awesome show out. No reason.

Band of Brothers

Without doubt, one of the best, if not THE best miniseries of all time. I'm not going to argue that this is better than The Sopranos or The Wire because quite frankly they cannot be compared. No, I'm just going to talk about why I think this is the best miniseries of all time.

Firstly, the theme tune. One of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, yet somehow tragic in the way it is used.
[YOUTUBE]a23ibUHxlNY[/YOUTUBE]

The acting is second to none. The pacing of the epiosodes is just right. Moreover, the way the battle scenes are shot is hugely enthralling; and some of the scenes in it are very harrowing, specifically the whole 'Bastogne' episode, and the episode in which they find the concentration camp.

Having read the book after I saw the series, I was also hugely impressed with the attention to detail that Hanks and Spielberg paid to the source material, and from watching it I could tell that they were extremely passionate about making Band of Brothers as close to reality as possible. I honestly cannot say enough good things about it. Just superb. In every sense of the word.

Titus: Greatest show ever on national television. When it came on FOX back in the day, I used to catch it every week. Then, it mysteriously got canceled. Why would they cancel a show that pushed the limits of television and made the network uncomfortable with its content that included suicide, murder, abuse, and etc.? Who knows

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: 15 minutes of absolute comedy that will be completely ignored next week. Between Carl & Shake... what else do you need in a tv show?

The Boondocks: Taken from the comic strip that constantly got in trouble, the TV show's the same. One of the best satire show on TV today. Funny, true most of the time [I know alot of people who don't watch anymore, simply because of the recent Obama Episode. Mainly because it was directed at them. Sad.], and most importantly, it's in Anime form. Always reminds me of Samurai Champloo [Another favorite show of mine.] with the animation.

Martin: An oldie but a goodie. Martin's multiple roles as Martin Payne, Mama Payne, Otis the Security Guard, Shenehneh, Dragonfly Jones, Leroy Preston, and Jerome always had me buggin' out when I was younger. Even now, the show holds up to most of the crap on today.

Dexter: A serial killer working for the police department. Every episode, Dexter goes after a new victim but each season has one major plotline they follow regardless of who he's going after. Rarely do you see something that complex on TV.

Weeds: Just an all around funny show about selling weed in the suburbs. I've only seen the first 3 seasons but I plan to watch the rest online soon. I was a little annoyed when Romany Malco left the series but, it's still a good show regardless.

++Honorable Mentions++
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
American Dad/Family Guy
South Park
King of Queens
Kenan & Kel [WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA?]

Boston Legal- This was the first show I ever watched that truly mixed drama with comedy in an hour format and made it work. The cases were often terrifyingly real or hilariously bizarre. The characters were excellent, in particular the three lead characters of Alan Shore (James Spader), Shirley Schmidt (Candice Bergen), and the irrepressible Denny Crane (William Shatner). I own all the box sets, and my only regret about the show is that it is over.

Star Trek- I know this is a copout, but I've enjoyed most of the series presented in this group, in particular Voyager. I grew up watching Voyager on TV, and it got me hooked on Star Trek. The acting was great on the show, and I like about 98% of the episodes on it. The older I get, though, the more I appreciate Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as it delved into some serious and controversial issues in its later seasons.

Family Guy- This is a show where I can leave my brain at the door and just enjoy the silliness of what goes on in the cartoon world of Quahog. All the characters have their own quirks, and the cutaways can be at times both distracting and downright hilarious.

Frasier- This is the comedy for the other half of my brain that wants intellect with the comedy. What I always appreciated about the show is that it shows the plight of Frasier Crane and brings him down to Earth, often times when he needed it the most. I never want a wife (or ex-wife) like Lilith, by the way.

Battlestar Galactica (2004)- This show was a strict DVD experience for me. I never watched any of the show before the show ended last year. I heard several people talking about how great the show was, and I bought myself a season when I had enough money to put towards it. The show was so dark and and extremely well acted that you could forgive the terrible picture quality on the DVD. Each of the characters has a dark side which is unveiled at multiple times in the series as each deals with their own type of personal hell. I am currently in the middle of watching the show for a second time taking it one episode at a time.

My favourites are

The Shield A brutal cop show featuring Michael Chiklis playing Vic Mackay, a cop who goes beyond the law and while being determined to clean up the streets, is always on the take, accepting bribes and commiting murders himself. The 1st episode sees Vic kill a member of his strike force team who he has found out is a rat, and the 7 series of this show always link back to this initial murder, as Vic tries to cover his tracks while becoming more and more corrupt.

Love the realism of this show, it is just simply brilliant TV, violent and raw , just brilliant

Prison Break I never watched this while it was running but have lent the box set from my brother and am currently in the 4th and final series at the moment. I love it, over time you see the characters relationships change, their personalitys change and you begin to care for them as they desperately try to escape from 2 seperate prisons and try to bring down "The Company", a powerful corrupt organisation determined on murdering the 2 brothers.

My other favourites are

Family Guy
The Simpsons
Top Gear
Only Fools & Horses
2 and a 1/2 Men
Friends
Dream Team (LOVE THIS!) never been a dvd released, even though it ran prime time on Sundays on Sky1 for 10 years!

1. LEVERAGE- I absolutely fucking love this show. I got into it in the middle of the second season and had to watch it finish off. Then got even more addicted on re-runs. When I got caught up, I was HOOKED. Perfect set up for 5 people with shady pasts, to right the people doing wrong. My mom raised me on Timothy Hutton, and I love the dude Christian Kane- he plays the muscle in the group. Good comedy mixed with action.

2. CSI:NY- I admit, I am a crime person. Mac Taylor seems better with his delivery on cases than others. But I still love the un-predictability that NY has. You have his past with his deceased wife from 9/11, and the relationship he has with his crew, the Danny-Lindsay marriage. The Shane Casey cliffhanger that left me so angry this last season!!

3. CSI:Miami- I am a junkie for these shows. Caine does annoy me a bit, but his crew makes up for it. I love the newer cast members they brought in. Having newer people direct, like Rob Zombie around Halloween time was superb. Great way to get in mood.

4. Mythbusters- I love watching the group test myths. Its hilarious to see what gets proven, or dis-proven. The intricacies these people use when creating the exact environments is amazing. I love it.

5. Tosh.0- this guy is hilarious when you watch him commentate on various viral videos from the web. Then he has certain people from those videos do 'Web Redemptions.' His comments are things that you just wanna say out loud instead of typing up to comment online.

6. Roseanne- I LOVE this show. Been a fan since I was young. She reminds me of my mom. Doesn't mince words, yet still keeps her cool. Love the nick at nite reruns.

7. Angel- my husband got me hooked on this series. I didn't 'bite' into it at first. But it did get me first introduced to Boreanaz, and the guy playing Lindsey...played by Christian Kane. Great spin off for Buffy producers to go with. Good action, and ability to carry the storylines smoothly, sad that they ended it too soon in my opinion.

My absolute favorite T.V. shows of all time are:

Dexter: I just fell in love with the show right after the first episode. I am a really huge sucker for suspense filled drama shows.

Death Note: In my opinion, the best drama/action filled anime to date.

and

Avatar The Last Airbender: This is the best cartoon made in america in decades. This cartoon actually follows a plot, not just random episodes that have no meaning to the story at all.

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Seriously with writing this sharp and witty, and the willingness to go anywhere it should be infinitely more popular then it. Plus, c'mon now...Danny DeVito <3.

Venture Brothers. Seriously this is what good writing and Character development gets you, a show that is so vastly entertaining and hilarious, yet has a story so deep I actually Wikipedia it to keep up sometimes. Plus superb voice acting, it really is flawless.

The Simpsons Been watching this show ever since i was 7 never like to miss an episode even enjoy watching re-runs.

Family Guy Still makes me laugh with certain episodes. The cast fills the roles very well and new episodes are very good.

South Park Matt and Trey get better and more funny with every episode Cartmen is still best character in cartoons well in my opinion.

RAW And Smackdown Have been following both for the longest time so i like both rather that 1 or the other

Right now I'm big on Curb Your Enthusiasm. I've watched like 5 seasons of it in a week and should be done the entire series by the weekend. This show just gets funnier and funnier, and I think it's really revolutionized comedy in a time where it had gotten stale.

Larry David is a genius.

Wow, name as many as I like?! I could go for ages, I’m a TV junkie but I’ll just name a few of my favourites.

The Simpsons
Yes, most people will probably put down the Simpsons and it’s for a good reason. They’ve done it all and succeeded. No show has done what the Simpsons has for our generation. We’ll always remember them and what they represent. I can’t get enough and like you Ferbs I can watch an episode I’ve seen at least 20+ times and still laugh my arse off.

Flight of the Conchords
I love this show, it’s great. Perfect chemistry between the main 3; Brett, Jermaine and Murray. It almost feels as though you’re watching a real documentary in way because of the very dry sarcastic humour portrayed in the show. When I heard they weren’t making it anymore I almost cried...

The Mighty Boosh
Great, great GREAT show! I won’t go too into it because from what I hear and what some of my mates think you either HATE it or LOVE it. If you love it like me then you know why it’s so great.

Prison Break
Couldn’t get enough of this show when I bought the seasons on DVD. It was great until the final season (which I still enjoyed cause it was Scofield yo.) which lacked compared to the previous seasons and the first was an epic movie style series with twists and turns and mystery. Loved watching this.

LOST
This is probably my all time favourite drama/mystery style show. I haven’t watched season 5 or 6 yet but I plan to very soon. Lost is the only season I will not watch or read spoilers until I’ve seen it in its entirety. I always but the box set DVD’s and seriously watch every episode in a row. That’s why I haven’t watched seasons 5 and 6 yet because I haven’t had a full weekend to watch season 5 in a vegetative couch state. Great show that, keeps me completely immersed.

How I Met Your Mother & The Big Bang Theory & Scrubs
All 3 of these shows give me the same thing: Smart easy laughs. I can always throw these shows on and be assured of a laugh. The characters in each show are hilarious, wether it’s Barney’s womanizing ways, Sheldon’s over the top way of living or JD and Turk’s guy love... I just can’t stop watching any of these shows.

Friends
My favourite sitcom of all time, what can I say. I love Friends for all the obvious reasons. I wish they’d make a movie before they’re all too old...

Even when I had time to properly watch tons of television shows, it was rare if I ever did. I could name off sitcoms like "Friends", or "The Simpsons". But the truth is, I never tuned in to watch them.. so much as just turned the channel to watch them, when I was bored and nothing else was on. So, the following are literally the only shows I actually tried to set-aside time to watch because I loved them enough to..

(1. Angel) - Starring; David Boreanaz, Charisma Carpenter, Glenn Quinn, (half of Season 1) Alexis Denisof, J. August Richards, Amy Acker, Andy Hallett & Christian Kane.

The show was a spin-off from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and in my opinion was in all likelihood one of the best spin-off shows you'll ever find. It did so well, it lasted a full Season past Buffy. Throughout both shows, they had running storylines which allowed characters to come and go for guest spots, and tie-in stories.

The main idea behind it was a Vampire with a Soul. He's good, yet bad. He's evil, yet looking for redemption and forgiveness. He's fighting against his own kind, and so many other evil creatures - including a Law Firm, which was oddly enough the main enemy throughout all Five seasons. (more or less)

I loved the show because I loved the drama of the Angel character. I was a big fan of the love they built up between him, and Cordelia. (Charisma Carpenter) And I was even a huge fan of the return of Darla, Drusilla, Spike & even; especially Holtz. They added in him having a Son, only to turn his Son against him - all in all, Angel was the best television show I've ever watched and I was hooked on every moment.

(2. Brisco County Jr.) - Starring; Bruce Campbell, Julius Carry, Christian Clemenson, Kelly Rutherford & Billy Drago.

While Brisco County Jr. only had One season, it was one I will never forget or discount. While I will admit I'm unsure how far it ever could have gone, the one full season it was - was one filled with the best Western Style mixed with campy and funny Modern Day devices.

The story surrounded the Son of a Marshal, who is a Harvard-educated lawyer, turned Bounty Hunter who seeks vengeance on the Bly Gang. (Those held responsible for killing his Father.) Through the story, he meets a fellow lawyer, (Socrates Poole played by Christian Clemenson) and a fellow bounty hunter, (Lord Bowler played by Julius Carry) who become allies along the way. You toss in the main female/love interest in Brisco's story, Dixie Cousins (played by Kelly Rutherford) and you have a very entertaining story.

Like most shows that become interesting, this one had a twist. A mystical orb (science fiction aspect of the show) was shown throughout the entire Season - yet never fully came to term. (I believe it was to be used in a 2nd Season that never fully happened.) Brisco was actually shot and killed in one of the first episodes, only to have someone take one of the rods from the mysterious orb and bring Brisco back from the dead.

(3. Hercules: The Legendary Journeys) - Starring; Kevin Sorbo, Michael Hurst, Kevin Smith & Alexandra Tydings.

While the show had a host of extra cast members; the above named four are the main ones who played characters throughout. In order, Hercules, Iolaus, Ares & Aphrodite. It was a show based on the Greek Gods, and the half-mortal son of Zeus. It typically followed the usual "Hercules saves *insert helpless victim here* from *insert evil monster/warlord/god here*

I loved this show because I was a big fan of Greek Mythology. I loved the Greek God characters, and I felt this show played them each off greatly in individual form. They didn't portray Poseidon, and based on the new-current hit Percy Jackson; he (Poseidon) is actually something of a huge character.

Herra, the wicked step-mother of Hercules is actually the main enemy, with Ares as the step-brother who hates Hercules. Meanwhile, even though Zeus is the Father - he is played by multiple actors and barely seen in most of the episodes, more just talked about.

(4. Tru-Calling) - Starring; Eliza Dushku, Zach Galifianakis, & Jason Priestley.

This was more of a television show Erin was addicted to and hated to miss, but I was also hooked instantly the moment I watched the First Season on DVD.

The story is about a girl with an unusual ability to repeat the day, but only because she's asked for help.. by dead people. Oh yeah, the Hangover famed Zach Galifianakis played the morgue keeper who hires Tru, (Dushku) but for a deeper reason. As the plot thickens, Jason (90210 graduate) Priestley is brought into the picture - and low and behold, he too, relives selective days. The twist, he only relives the days Tru does. And for an alternative reason.

All in all, I can't post this without spoiler tags, because the following is giving away the entire purpose of the television show.

Jack (Priestley) is evil, and is being lead by who is revealed to be Tru's Father. His goal is to have the miskilled individual asking Tru for help, to die in the end. Now, while Tru has no clue of Jack's connection to her - or his power being similar in knowing when he relives a day, she does find out toward the end of Season one and a battle ensues.

This leads us to a dramatic Season one Finale in which Tru's brother is killed. Also, the identity of Jack's leader (Tru's Father) is never revealed.

They began making Season 2, but Fox decided to scrap the show half way through, and only some-odd 6 episodes were created. They were building up the Father connection more, but unfortunately they never got the full opportunity to reveal where they were going. Its like a cruel prank in which they (Fox) suck you in, only to kill off everything and never give you a proper explanation or ending - because in their mind, at any time when they decide otherwise, the show could have been brought back.

And that.. is the list of shows I enjoyed more than anything.

Some extras that I would give proper time in explaining are; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Xena, & Star Trek: The Next Generation. All of which are shows I did watch when I was younger, on a nightly and weekly basis.

My favorite is going to be smallville.

What can I say, I have always loved superman growing up and he has been one of my favorite characters.

This next season I have a really strong feeling that it is going to be the last one. One of the last episodes of season 9 , they gave a big hint of him getting his outfit in a package from his mom but they never actually shown what was in the box except for reflection in his eye of the big S. I hope they bring back Lex luger this season because superman is not superman with out him in it. Lex knows who he is and I don't think he is actually dead. This next season may be the one where he actually fly's on his own and not have some weird story line tied to it.

Eastbound and Down- Kenny Fuckin Powers is the absolute man. That is without a doubt the best TV series ever, even though it's only one season through. I damn near cry with laughter after every episode. New season coming out very soon xD

Community- Chevy Chase total owns in this series. And the guy from the Soup is hilarious in it too. NBC has stepped their game up on programming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back