• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Sports Advice and Discussion Thread

So yeah, that Sproles decision didn't pan out as well as I was hoping, I would also like to thank my fucking receivers for giving me a combined 14.2 pts., that was fucking great, and a huge help.... to my fucking opponent:rolleyes:

Made a couple tough decisions this week. Benched Ryan Fitzpatrick for Stafford and benched Garcon for Crayton. Hope they pay off
good decision on benching Fitzy. He had his worst game of the season this week, and Stafford played well before getting hurt again (no shock). And I don't think Garcon did anything either, so good choices.
So yeah, that Sproles decision didn't pan out as well as I was hoping, I would also like to thank my fucking receivers for giving me a combined 14.2 pts., that was fucking great, and a huge help.... to my fucking opponent:rolleyes:
Honestly, Sproles was the best option. Steward did virtually nothing I think (he got hurt), and I don't know what Jones is doing, but the Boys are getting their asses kicked.

I wish I saw the Calvin Johnson thing, because I would have told you not to expect much. Since Week 1, I don't think a single #1 receiver has amassed more then 15 points (non PPR) against that D, especially a 1 receiver. Burleson got 13 (24 in PPR) by going against non-Revis (I think Drew Coleman or Kyle Wilson, with a little Cromartie most of the game).

Well, if it makes you feel better your complete failure was the fact you benched Stafford and started Schaub. Thats 31+ pts compared to 11.

As for Sproles, if it makes you feel better I think he got 1 more point that Tolbert had for the day. Not sure though. Tolbert had 32 yds rec, a 2-pt conv and 1 catch.

The whole team sucked dick, I'm hoping Stafford isn't hurt to bad and can still play next week, if not I'm fucked, as I picked him up mainly for next weeks game against Buffalo

Nice to see the GB D ripping Dallas apart though:lmao:

I hate my whole money league team. Schaub can fuck off, Rice was actually solid today, I went with Sproles but he scored 2 more points than Stewart so that was a right decision, Maclin got me a whole 5 points, Nicks got me 13 before the Giants took the foot off the pedal, the whole "hey let's give Donald Lee a try since Vernon Davis is on a bye" clearly failed as an experiment. Bryant was his usual solid and the Giants D got me 11.

By the way I lost 110 to 59. God. Fucking. Damn. It.

Edit: Make that 128 to 59.

Well thanks to GBs D I still have a chance to win this week despite the vast majority of my team sucking dick, as long as Ben and Mendenhall don't score a combined 20 pts.

The whole team sucked dick, I'm hoping Stafford isn't hurt to bad and can still play next week, if not I'm fucked, as I picked him up mainly for next weeks game against Buffalo

Nice to see the GB D ripping Dallas apart though:lmao:
Stafford's getting an MRI tomorrow, so who knows. If Sam Bradford's available, get him, or get anyone, if you don't have a better option then Stafford. I did (to back up Sanchez), and will likely be going on a week by week basis.

I was without my top three running backs, my starting defense, and my starting TE in my money league and I still won by 42 points. You know it's a good week when you put up 107 points with LaGarette Blount, Donald Brown, Ben Watson, and the Lions D in your line up.

Who did you have as your team, BS?

Also, Justin, in that league the following QBs are available.

Sam Bradford, Chad Henne, David Garrard, Mark Sanchez, Vince Young, Matt Cassel, Jon Kitna, and Colt McCoy. While none are going to produce a huge game (depending on the match-up you could get lucky though) none are terrible to start over Schaub's "I hate fantasy football so I'm out to fuck them all" play ability.

I pretty much have loved taking a chance on Arian Foster this year. Picked him up in like the 8-9th round in one league. He went completely undrafted in another.

I also find it funny that in the league I spent a 2nd round pick on Jonathan Stewart, I now have Peterson & Foster - whereas in my other league, I spent a 1st round pick on Ryan Matthews and he's not even ON my team anymore. Sent his ass packing in favor of LT.

My biggest disappointment has no doubt been Wes Welker. I made it my goal to pick him (and T.O.) up in EVERY league I'm in. I got both in every league I drafted in, but missed out in the yahoo league that's actually given me better WRs out of Knox, Johnson & Gaffney.

Thus far, I've only failed with my waiver-wire plan of picking up the best available D/ST and/or Kicker twice. I picked up New England both times, and both times they failed me. I may just stick out the rest of the season with my current Giants D, in both nfl.com leagues and keep the Titans D in one of them, incase of a better match-up.

Same here Will. I have the Foster/Peterson combo in a handful of leagues so I really lucked out there. In one league I have Foster, McFadden, and Peterson. With Jamaal Charles on the bench since it seems impossible to trade him. Oh well gives me a valuable starter if the matchups are ever poor.

But my main team came up huge this week. Nicks, Peterson, Foster, Hillis, Green Bay defense all with 20+ points. Needed it with an average week from Peyton Manning.

I might just bench Schaub for Cassell. Cassell is getting a solid 15 points a game so at least I can get some consistency going.

My opponent in one of my WZ leagues has only 29.6 points, and has 4 guys left to play (Jeff Reed, Ced Benson, Bengals D, and Ocho). I only got 87.22 points this week, but will win easily (barring a miracle) because my opponent stopped playing, and has Ryan Grant (IR since week 1), Pierre Thomas (has been out for weeks), and Zack Miller (listed as doubtful, didn't play) starting.

Good thing for me I started Mark Sanchez. 22 points from my backup QB (I had Romo), and he was my highest starter (I didn't start Nate Burleson).

In my other WZ league I have a 82.7-66.6 lead, and my opponent's only player left is OchoCinco. A win will tie me for 1st place in the division.

Miles Austin can go suck a dick. Along with Maclin. And Wes fucking Welker.

I had the hardest time trying to figure out who to bench to get Maclin a spot. I put T fucking O on the bench, thinking the Steelers would be able to shut him down. 36 meaningless fucking points (and higher than the combine total of all 3 of my starters) later I'm thankful Rodgers, Foster, LT & Tamme were able to secure me a victory.

Its so very sad when I'm considering dropping Welker and Austin for the likes of Deion Branch & Nate Burleson.

Will, you don't want Branch, the guy is toilet, he's had one good game since returning to NE, his last 3 games, he's scored 7.9 vs. SD, 3.1 vs. Min, & 4.1 vs. Cle, you'd be better off keeping Welker

I decided to just throw out a trade, Miles Austin for Rashard Mendenhall (keep in mind this dude has Arian Foster AND Peyton Hillis for his starting running backs) to see if I could get this guy to bite. I need to sell on Austin quickly before he's worthless in trade value, and I may have been too late, but either way I gotta throw something out to save my team. Maclin will be just fine as my second receiver to Nicks and there are plenty of decent receivers out there on the waiver that I could pick up if needed, but my running back situation is dire. Ray Rice is the only one worth a shit and I can't go on a week to week pick up basis for running backs.

Dammit, Justin, you bastard.

I picked up Tampa Bay's Defense in practically every league I'm apart of. Yet couldn't because of you, in the league I'm facing my toughest opponent. (Brian) In some leagues, I'm carrying 3 Defenses; simply because I refuse to part ways with New York (Giants) or the Titans.. but want to play TB this weekend, ONLY.

I highly encourage everyone who has the option, to jump on Tampa Bay's Defense this weekend.

As many know, I'm a Panthers fan.. but look, the bottomline is this. Jimmy Clausen is once again starting - he's been even worse than Matt Moore (who's now on IR). Going into this game, we'll more than likely be without our top 3 RBs (Williams, Stewart & Sutton) which leaves Goodson (who is fast, but still just 4th string) and Voughn whom we signed back - and was last on the team in the pre-season, as a 5th-6th string guy.

So, with that being said - I don't honestly look for Carolina to score even so much as 3 points - much less actual TDs. Clausen won't move the ball through the air; and our running game will be that much worse when we crutch to a 4th string guy. Tampa Bay's Defense is going to slaughter us, and if I'm gonna deal with it - I'm gonna get major points out of it. :lmao:

I also signed Steve Johnson, (BUF) and benched Wes Welker. Johnson is getting more Fantasy points than the likes of Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald & Reggie Wayne (according to nfl.com) and facing the Lions on Sunday - without Parrish (who went to IR this week) to steal some of his catches.. I highly expect him to explode even more.

On a related topic to people looking for Bye-week replacements. I'd suggest pretty much anyone on Tampa Bay's team. Its still a risk, because Carolina's Defense is still decent - and dangerous. However the Offense is going to turn the ball over, and more than likely give TB short fields on more than 1 series; which will lead to good opportunities for the likes of Freeman & Blount.

Dammit, Justin, you bastard.

I picked up Tampa Bay's Defense in practically every league I'm apart of. Yet couldn't because of you, in the league I'm facing my toughest opponent. (Brian) In some leagues, I'm carrying 3 Defenses; simply because I refuse to part ways with New York (Giants) or the Titans.. but want to play TB this weekend, ONLY.

I highly encourage everyone who has the option, to jump on Tampa Bay's Defense this weekend.

As many know, I'm a Panthers fan.. but look, the bottomline is this. Jimmy Clausen is once again starting - he's been even worse than Matt Moore (who's now on IR). Going into this game, we'll more than likely be without our top 3 RBs (Williams, Stewart & Sutton) which leaves Goodson (who is fast, but still just 4th string) and Voughn whom we signed back - and was last on the team in the pre-season, as a 5th-6th string guy.

So, with that being said - I don't honestly look for Carolina to score even so much as 3 points - much less actual TDs. Clausen won't move the ball through the air; and our running game will be that much worse when we crutch to a 4th string guy. Tampa Bay's Defense is going to slaughter us, and if I'm gonna deal with it - I'm gonna get major points out of it. :lmao:

:lmao: of course I went after TB D, GBs is on a bye and of all the Defenses available TB easily has the best match up, btw you did did the same thing to me when you picked up the NYG defense last week, so yeah Karma mother fucker:lmao:

If it makes you feel better I tried getting Mike Williams(TB) but failed:(, had to settle for Manningham instead

BTW I offered a trade to you, Ward for Hillis

Made alot of changes this week, in one league I dropped Stafford, Schaub, S. Smith (Car), & Sproles, and picked up Freeman, Hill, TB D, and J. Jones. Stafford obviously got dropped due to injury, Smith & Schaub have both been fantasy busts for the most part and doing nothing on my team but wasting space, & Sproles was only intended for a one week pick up anyway (though had I known SD had McMicheal I would've picked him up instead). I'm hoping Freeman and Hill can give me better options at QB, and will prolly be switching between them from week to week based on who I think has the best match-up for that week, I already explained the TB D, really a no brainer there, & Jones just seemed like a good pick up despite being on a bye this week, Rodgers seems to like throwing the ball his way, especially since the Driver injury

As for the other league, Dropped Stafford and picked up Cassel, this is only a one week move that I'm really hoping pans out, next week I'm going back to Rodgers, Dropped Branch, picked up Manningham, Branch has had one good game since returning to NE, since then he's been absolute shit

I will be so fucking happy when the bye weeks are finally done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back