• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Sports Advice and Discussion Thread

I'd take Brees and Brady over Fitz.

Yeah, but those guys aren't options. Brees is about 40 points better thus far, and went in the 1st-3rd round, so he's a better option then Fitz.

Brady on the other hand is only 0.28 points higher (in the WZ Yahoo league) then Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brady (like Brees) went in the first 4 rounds. Fitzpatrick went undrafted. I'd say an undrafted top 12 at the position plus whatever you got in the round where you would take Brees/Brady could actually be better then getting just Brees, and it's DEFINITELY better then Brady.

And Brees out-gained Fitz, bu Fitz didn't play all 7 games so far, he didn't get the starting job until Week 3, so in 4 games, Fitz has scored the same amount of Fantasy Points as Tom Brady in 7, and is on the same pace as Drew Brees.

Sooooo Felix Jones, Jonathan Stewart, or Darren Sproles (For the hell of it)

I have no other options besides Marshawn Lynch and he's no good this week as far as I'm concerned. Ray Rice is starting this week no matter what.

Sooooo Felix Jones, Jonathan Stewart, or Darren Sproles (For the hell of it)

I have no other options besides Marshawn Lynch and he's no good this week as far as I'm concerned. Ray Rice is starting this week no matter what.
Definitely NOT Felix Jones. The Packers are good against the run. Jonathan Stewart is going up against the Saints, and Sproles is going up against the Texans. I'd go with Stewart, and hope he gets enough touches and gets one in. But Sproles might be a better option in a PPR league, since he's more likely to get catches. Jones would be a good PPR option, but Jon Kitna is throwing to him, so who knows where those passes will go, but it likely won't be to a Dallas player.

Definitely NOT Felix Jones. The Packers are good against the run. Jonathan Stewart is going up against the Saints, and Sproles is going up against the Texans. I'd go with Stewart, and hope he gets enough touches and gets one in. But Sproles might be a better option in a PPR league, since he's more likely to get catches. Jones would be a good PPR option, but Jon Kitna is throwing to him, so who knows where those passes will go, but it likely won't be to a Dallas player.

Jones was definitely towards the bottom. If I want Kitna to throw the ball to anyone it's gotta be Miles Austin. I may just go Sproles for the PPR since Rivers has no one else to throw to besides Crayton and a gimpy Gates. Unless the Panthers pull off a Cleveland esque upset, they'll be behind big and have to throw a ton, not good for J Stewart.

Which reminds me, Austin or Maclin? Nicks is a lock no matter what.

Jones was definitely towards the bottom. If I want Kitna to throw the ball to anyone it's gotta be Miles Austin. I may just go Sproles for the PPR since Rivers has no one else to throw to besides Crayton and a gimpy Gates. Unless the Panthers pull off a Cleveland esque upset, they'll be behind big and have to throw a ton, not good for J Stewart.

I've been arguing with Will about Sproles being a good option for like 2 days now, and I still maintain they he's a good sleeper pick for this week, in the league I was looking at him in his last 4 games he's scored 10 or more pts., and gets better each week, also Gate hasn't been able to walk this week, he's literally been carted around the practice facility all week because it's to painful for him to fucking walk, so I highly doubt he's going to be able to play, which instantly makes Sproles that much more likely to get more passes thrown his way

Which reminds me, Austin or Maclin? Nicks is a lock no matter what.

Maclin, Kitna, like everything else on the Cowboys (with the exception of Ware), sucks, and GB's D is damn fucking good even with all the injuries, I highly doubt Austin is going to shit in that game, Maclin is facing the Colts, which unlike their offense isn't exactly great on the Defensive side of things

Justin, after reading on nfl.com that Gates is now listed as "Doubtful", your Sproles pick up might just be good afterall.

Through a RB point of view - Tolbert > Sproles. No point in arguing that. Through a WR point of view, Sproles is going to be getting a lot of looks with no one else to pass to.

Ty - my Manager, a Saints fan, firmly believes Stewart will have a big game. Williams has always managed to hurt New Orleans for at least a score, or 100 yds. Since he's out and Stewart is the sole back this week - he feels Stewart can do that very same thing.

I, on the other hand, would now say listen to Justin and go with the PPR value guy in Sproles. Assuming your league is PPR. Carolina can't match points with New Orleans, I don't believe. Unless we somehow watch tape from the Niners game, and the Saints somehow forget how to play Defense the way they did last week, and go back to how they did against Cleveland.. 14-16 was the final when CAR/NO met earlier this year.

I'm not counting out Carolina to lose completely, but Stewart was the sole back against the Rams last week and only got 30 rushing yds. 30. Thats 3 pts for most leagues. Sproles can get you a solid 3 pts in PPR, within the first 3 plays he's on the field.

Also.. Maclin. Hands down. Austin did have a great game with Kitna against Jacksonville, but it came in garbage time. GB shutdown the Jets. Sanchez > Kitna. Jets WRs > Dallas WRs. Maclin v. a favorable match-up, and with Vick liking him makes Maclin a great start this weekend.

I picked up Sproles today in the league where I have CJ, Best, & Forte, with CJ on a bye, and Best going up against the Jets D, I've decided to put my money where my mouth is so to speak, and am taking a shot on Sproles

In that same league, at WR I have C. Johnson, S. Smith(Car), Bess, & B. Tate, C. Johnson is a given, but who do I fill the other two receiver spots with?, right now I have Smith & Bess in, but I'm thinking putting Tate in in place of Bess might be the better decision

Bess is the better Wes Welker this year. Taking him out for a guy in Tate, thats hit or miss on a weekly basis would be worse than picking up Sproles with hope that he'll do something enough for you to make a difference. :p

Honestly though.. Bess needs to stay in. Steve Smith is going up against a New Orleans Defense that did a decent job against a better QB and offense a week ago. I doubt Carolina's Smith fairs well this sunday.

EDIT: Wait, I get that Calvin Johnson is pretty un-seat-able.. but going up against the Jets D is not the best thing. Tate and Johnson may get the same pts. :lmao:

EDIT: Wait, I get that Calvin Johnson is pretty un-seat-able.. but going up against the Jets D is not the best thing. Tate and Johnson may get the same pts. :lmao:

Yeah but unlike Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson doesn't give up on the play when he's double teamed, granted I don't think he's gonna get me the, and I'm not making this up, 34 pts. NFL.com has him projected for, I'm thinking closer to about half that

I'm prolly just going to leave things as they are now, and just keep Tate on the bench

I wouldn't be shocked, ironically enough, if Johnson DID put up those numbers. Stafford is young enough to not respect the Jets Defense - and last week, he targeted Johnson enough to have 3 TDs (would've been 4, had the ball not got INT'd).

I can see Johnson finding ways to get open and score. Best on the other hand, I can't see him having a good day.

Also, I found out through nfl.com that Steve Smith had his best (???) fantasy day of the season last week against the Rams. Mainly because of having like 9 catches, even though he didn't score. With that said, maybe Smith against New Orleans isn't such a bad option.

Still.. I'm a Panthers fan, and anyone besides their kicker is a very risky pick.

I'm with Will and Justin Ty. Gotta go with Sproles. Floyd is out, Gates is doubtful, Davis is out, and Naanee is coming back from an injury. That pretty gives the Chargers no option. So I'd expect Sproles to be one of the go to targets when they throw the rock against Houston.

Figure I'll throw one of my own out. I got Peyton Hillis sitting in my flex position with Welker on the bench. Question is do you think Hillis warrants the start against NE or should I go with Welker against CLE? Also should I stick with Keller against Detroit or roll with Tony Moeaki against Oakland? My team is solid sitting as the best team in the league as I have a strong core. My team is looking like this at the moment:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Arian Foster
WR: Roddy White
WR: Hakeem Nicks
TE: Dustin Keller
FLEX: Peyton Hillis
DEF: Packers
K: Robbie Gould

Bench
QB: Kyle Orton
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew (traded for him giving up Darren McFadden and Pierre Thomas)
WR: Austin Collie, Kenny Britt, Wes Welker
TE: Tony Moeaki
DEF: Ravens

Keller against the Lions has money written all over it. Oakland's Defense has actually been very good the past 2 weeks, and doesn't look to be slowing down. Meanwhile, Moeaki didn't even have a single catch until OT last week. Keller is your man.

As for Welker.. I'm in a similar issue.

I have; Miles Austin, T. Owens, and Wes Welker - with Jeremy Maclin on my bench.

Welker has a nice match-up against Cleveland, or so I'd like to think - but the past couple of weeks, Welker has put up shit for me and cost me games. Meanwhile, Maclin has Vick AND Jackson coming back, which makes him more valuable. On the other hand, Miles Austin is facing Green Bay and Owens is facing Pittsburgh - which means I'm torn between deciding who Maclin should replace.

I pulled Owens, because Kitna actually got Austin the ball a lot, and I want to believe this week will be Welker's return to form.. while Owens is likely going to drop for the first time in several weeks, this weekend. I'm just not confident.

Anywho - Hillis, for you, is bound to get points. The question is, how much do you want to believe (like me) that Welker will go off against Cleveland?

Haha I made a thread exactly like this a little while back and no one used it. Oh well, atleast there's one out there now.

I need to get another RB in exchange for Marshawn Lynch because I don't expect him to get anything this week, but I can't really decide. I'm thinking maybe Tolbert or Blount, but I'm not sold on either.

Haha I made a thread exactly like this a little while back and no one used it. Oh well, atleast there's one out there now.

I need to get another RB in exchange for Marshawn Lynch because I don't expect him to get anything this week, but I can't really decide. I'm thinking maybe Tolbert or Blount, but I'm not sold on either.

I swear I'm going to bang my head against a wall.

TOLBERT! TOLBERT! TOLBERT!

I get that he's a back-up, and a former FB, but hes produced in and out throughout the season. He's solidly put up 10 pts in almost every game he's played in. He's had at least 1 TD in all but 2 games he's played in.

Blount IS the Bucs starter now, I think. I'm not a Bucs follower so I don't 100% know - but from what I read, he is. However, they play Atlanta. And their run defense is better than Houston's. SD doesn't have any passing options, which means Tolbert could become even more dangerous.

This week.. If no one else is available, go with Tolbert.

Anywho - Hillis, for you, is bound to get points. The question is, how much do you want to believe (like me) that Welker will go off against Cleveland?

Exactly. Hillis is good for the points and Welker is bound to break out it is just a matter of when and if it will burn me. It'll probably be a game time move for me. Welker has burned me too much for me to have complete faith in him each week. We shall see.

My thinking is, if San Diego has like one receiver in Crayton, why not just put Sproles out as a fucking receiver and get it over with? He's got the speed to burn cornerbacks and the hands to go with it.

Or is that just a completely insane notion? I know Turner is too much of an idiot to even consider it, but if he did go that route, Sproles would be HUGE this week. Wishful thinking yes but I'm an optimist damn it.

alright I managed to pick up BenJarvus Green-Ellis at the last minute, now I have to decide who's the better option for my second RB, Green-Ellis vs. Cle. or Jackson vs. Dal.?

Ben Jarvus is going to have a nice day as NE will blow out Cle and then run the whole second half. The man is a TD Machine.

Ben Jarvus is going to have a nice day as NE will blow out Cle and then run the whole second half. The man is a TD Machine.

Um not really, he had one good week last week, the past two weeks before that he had only 20 something rushing yards with a TD so that only makes for around 8 points, not that great of an option.

And while I think the Pats win there is no saying the Browns won't compete. I wouldn't even say that the Pats have the game in the bag come the 2nd half. Cleveland can score and with Peyton Hillis they may just do that.

Anywho Justin I would go with Jackson. Driver is out so that may get Jackson some more looks from Rodgers in the passing game along with his usual amount of carries. I can't trust a Patriot RB considering anyone could breakout at any moment and I think it's more likely Woodhead breaks out compared to the Law Firm.

I love how people just give up on Cleveland. Uhm, they've been tough enough to stick in some games and they've also been good enough on Defense to not give up a ton of yards against backs.

That combined with the fact that NE hasn't really blown anything lately, and I honestly think this game will come down to how much Cleveland's offense goes. If they fail early, then NE will rout this game - and Ellis will have a stellar 2nd half. If the game is close, then Ellis' only hope will be another TD (which to this point in the season, is the only real reason he's done anything in fantasy pts)

So.. I've decided since Gates has now been ruled out.. Sproles is without question a great option. Crayton and now, McMichael are their only two real passing threats. Which makes Sproles even more of a 'sleeper'.

Made a couple tough decisions this week. Benched Ryan Fitzpatrick for Stafford and benched Garcon for Crayton. Hope they pay off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back