Fantasy Sports Advice and Discussion Thread

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
There have been quite a few threads on fantasy sports this year, so why not make a general thread for it? Also, I won't be giving advice, as I told someone to bench Matt Stafford last week. I'll be seeking out plenty of it, though.

So, I'll start off the thread with the following question:

LeGarrette Blount: is he for real or is he a one-time fluke? I just picked him up, and I'm hoping that he'll give my team the boost that it needs.

I think Blount is a nice fantasy option. Off the top of my head the Bucs have some favorable matchups and Blount could be a nice spot start kind of guy. It's always nice to have someone on your bench who you can count on if need be. So yeah I'd say he is for real. Bucs seem to be shying away from Caddy and move towards him.

How do fantasy sports work? I've heard plenty of people talk about them but never really understood what they were talking about.

How do fantasy sports work? I've heard plenty of people talk about them but never really understood what they were talking about.

You draft a team, based on the performance of the player you draft you gain points most points wins (obviously), that's the short easy answer

Move him to #2. I honestly think the Britt is having a fluke year. However, I think Vince might feel more comfortable with Britt (If he is healthy) for the next couple games still. I honestly, dont see Moss doing much until like week 13-14.

Don't autodraft. Period.

Also, Britt will be fine. The defenses will focus on Moss, freeing him up. Hang on to Britt.

Blunt: Is for real, and will be the Bucs solid choice. He's had two good games, (Justin, not just one) but faces a tough match-up against Atlanta on Sunday. Start him only if you must.

Britt: I cut his ass after the first couple of games when he did jack all. Since then, he's had maybe under 4 games in which he's actually proved to be worth using on bye weeks. With Moss being in TN, it could be helpful or hurtful. Obviously Moss will want the ball, and TN will want to get him the ball when they pass; leaving Britt with even less targets. On the other hand, everyone knows when they do pass - Moss will be the double covered individual, and Britt could become the Bess of the Titans - leaving owners very happy with his 2nd-3rd WR pt value.

Still, tons of other options are better than Britt. Steve Johnson, Mike Williams (TB), Danny Amendola, hell even Heyward-Bey is making a case to be more reliable than Britt.

Well Britt being hurt scares me a bit as well. I have him stored up on my bench in the league I run and I plan on keeping him there for now since I have no real need to play him. But if Moss draws the double team Britt could definitely benefit and put up some solid numbers. However if his hammy still suffers it'll be Damian Williams and Nate Washington reeking the potential benefits that Moss brings along with him.

Alright, so here's one for everyone.

Ryan Fitzpatrick. Is he a better fantasy football option than the likes of Tom Brady, Matt Schaub, and even Drew Brees?

By now we've all seen the numbers Kyle Orton have put up, making him one of (if not THE) best Fantasy QB option this year - so far. But Fitzpatrick has also come on huge lately, and with the Bills constantly finding themselves in shootouts and running neck and neck with everyone they play.. Fitzpatrick has averaged at least 21 pts per game. Infact, only twice this season has he had under 25 pts.

Meanwhile, the likes of Brees and Brady are getting roughly 20 pts (Brees) or less. Brady hasn't had over 18 pts since Moss has left.

I get that Fitzpatrick is bound to make mistakes, more so than Brees or Brady - but its like me picking Kitna over Schaub this past weekend. In the end, 4 INTs by Kitna still got me a ton of passing yds for 16 pts.. while Schaub had only 1 INT and 1 fumble, and barely got 9 pts. Sometimes the best QB in real life, isn't the best option for Fantasy Football.

What are people's thoughts on Fitzpatrick?

I think that DeSean Jackson will be rusty at best the next few weeks so i'm trading him for Randy Moss. Problem is Randy gets the bye this week. Is this trade good or is it a flop?

Ryan Fitzpatrick. Is he a better fantasy football option than the likes of Tom Brady, Matt Schaub, and even Drew Brees?

By now we've all seen the numbers Kyle Orton have put up, making him one of (if not THE) best Fantasy QB option this year - so far. But Fitzpatrick has also come on huge lately, and with the Bills constantly finding themselves in shootouts and running neck and neck with everyone they play.. Fitzpatrick has averaged at least 21 pts per game. Infact, only twice this season has he had under 25 pts.

Meanwhile, the likes of Brees and Brady are getting roughly 20 pts (Brees) or less. Brady hasn't had over 18 pts since Moss has left.

I get that Fitzpatrick is bound to make mistakes, more so than Brees or Brady - but its like me picking Kitna over Schaub this past weekend. In the end, 4 INTs by Kitna still got me a ton of passing yds for 16 pts.. while Schaub had only 1 INT and 1 fumble, and barely got 9 pts. Sometimes the best QB in real life, isn't the best option for Fantasy Football.

I ended up having to auto-draft in a 2 QB league and got anally raped with the QB choices. I ended up picking up Fitz, and he's been my best player. The Bills suck, so they throw a lot to play catch-up, giving Fitz more yards and some garbage time touchdowns. He's for real as a fantasy QB.

I think that DeSean Jackson will be rusty at best the next few weeks so i'm trading him for Randy Moss. Problem is Randy gets the bye this week. Is this trade good or is it a flop?

It all depends on how much you trust Vince Young as a QB. Jackson always gets catches and YAC, even with Vick at QB because of shorter routes. Moss just runs go routes and some variations on it. If you trust Young's accuracy, the trade could end up paying off for you. If you don't trust Young and/or want less risk due to Moss being a boom-or-bust fantasy receiver, stick with Jackson.

Fitzpatrick is good but he's not better than Brees or Brady or pretty much any of the top 10 QB's. Bills don't score TD's...

And what does it do for Britt? Nothing, he's out at least 4 weeks...

I like Fitzpatrick. I have him stored on my bench in my one league and he is definitely worth of a start if your QB has a tough matchup. However I wouldn't start him over the big name guys. Though reports are coming out that Brees has some sort of knee injury.

I would not go anywhere near that trade. Jackson has been pretty reliable all year and has been Vick's favorite target. The Eagles have the Colts who are average on defense, Houston who has one of the worse secondaries in terms of giving up fantasy points to WR, and Chicago who is just average to begin with. Jackson has favorable matchups on a pass favorite team. No sense in trading.

To add on to the Fitz talk, he will also gain points on the ground as he averages like 7 yards a rush, if I'm not mistaken he is the second leading rusher on the Bills.

Becker your're wrong since Fitz has started he's thrown 12 TD's in 5 games. Bills are definitely scoring with him. Last week against the Chiefs was the first game he didn't throw for 2 or more TD's. If you look at Fitz and Brady's stats they're real similar this year, Brady has about 400 more yards, but he also started to more games than him, but the TD/Int. ratio is just about the same, Fitz threw one more Int. I would still take Bress and Brady over Fitz. all day but he is definitely playing like a top ten QB right now.

He has some favorable match ups coming up next three weeks Chi., Det., and Cinci. where he should be able to keep up with the stats, before we get Pitt. which will most likely be a game where he does crap.

I think this goes here.

I play Fantasy Basketball. And I am currently looking to get a couple more points out of my team a week. I am about to get Drik and Pual Wall in a trade for Andre Igudola (Or however you say it) and Vince carter. However, I realized that I will need a new SG to take the place of Andre, I hope to get Monte Ellis through a trade but I don't know. Who should I pick up that you would think will have a big year. (I really just need points right now)

I have KG, Yoa Ming, Agent 0, and Johnny Flynn to trade.

I think whoever you offered this trade to is licking their lips. Not only are you picking up a guy (Moss) who is hit or miss - when he's playing, you're giving up a guy that is coming back and likely to explode over the next few games.

Jackson & Vick are both returning, both healthy, and both looking to make an impact.

Moss will be playing harder for the Titans, but that doesn't mean he's going to out-produce Jackson in yards, or TD catches. I think you're making a huge mistake.

Fitzpatrick is good but he's not better than Brees or Brady or pretty much any of the top 10 QB's. Bills don't score TD's...

Brian, you're an idiot. I wasn't asking if Fitz is better than any of the other QBs in real life - I was asking people's opinions on him being a great FANTASY option. Which, if you compare him to Brees & Brady - he's out-scoring both of them, pt wise.

And, yes, the Bills do score TDs. How else do you think they're constantly sticking around in games to force OT and final minute drives to ultimately lose? Its their comeback nature that makes Fitz a great option, in my opinion.

I think this goes here.

I play Fantasy Basketball. And I am currently looking to get a couple more points out of my team a week. I am about to get Drik and Pual Wall in a trade for Andre Igudola (Or however you say it) and Vince carter. However, I realized that I will need a new SG to take the place of Andre, I hope to get Monte Ellis through a trade but I don't know. Who should I pick up that you would think will have a big year. (I really just need points right now)

I have KG, Yoa Ming, Agent 0, and Johnny Flynn to trade.

If John Wall is averaging more than 20 points per game into a quarter of the season, then Arenas is going to be worthless. I'd trade him ASAP.

I've come to the conclusion that Fantasy Hockey is not nearly as fun as Fantasy Football, they only things it nhas been able to do for me so far are frustrate the fuck out of me, and make me hate that overrated pile of monkey shit that is Ilya Kovalchuk, shoulda trade him when I had the chance (however I just did the match on his 15 yr./$100 mil. deal with the Devils, apparently he's making $6.66 mil. a yr.:lmao:)

I gave up on Fantasy Hockey after the first week. 90% of my roster is apparently injured, and/or simply not playing anymore. Its too much work with not knowing any of the players to attempt trying to figure it out.

Fantasy Basketball is similar in their line-up situation, but at least my Basketball unit looks amazing. That one I'm still trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back