Fans at iMPACT! Zone Have to Go

I've been saying that since since.. Maybe late 2006?

I mean in 2004-2006, TNA's matches were cutting edge for TNA/PPV stuff. However, if you chant "that was awesome" at EVERYTHING, than what is really "awesome"? Then there are times when those assholes ruin what is being presented to the viewing audience. LAX was suppose to be the bad guys at first, but everyone who went against them got booed like they stole something. I remember when Roxxi shaved her head. She was crying, the other Knockouts were crying, heck even the ref had to check to see if he still had any testosterone. But what did that crowd do? "Fire Russo!"

Besides the booking, I think it just makes TNA look so damn Busch league. Okay, 30% of a 10,000 crowd chanting "that was awesome" might slide because you believe that's 3,000 people liking what they see. However, the TNA crowd ain't even 3,000 people big and they chant at everything. Big difference.

Bottom line, those people are fucking idiots. If you REALLY want to be a part of the show, then play along. If Abyss is thumping someone's head, don't positively respond to the guy. If they are doing an anti-American faction, don't boo the AMERICANS.

And it sucks because I am sure there are people who go to the show just wanting to enjoy a free pro wrestling show.. And they can't even hear or see what is going on because some assholes.

The problem is exclusive to Orlando – those chants and ******ed nonsense like dancing around like a jackass when some wrestlers music hits doesn't happen anywhere else. Hell, when Lockdown went to St. Louis, TNA had their finest crowd I've seen yet, and guess what? No morons. Or at least if there were any, they weren't heard because of the volume of the return.

There is so much wrong with the Impact Zone and it's fans.
If the crowd was shocked/awed and upset the angle would of came across so much better.

It's like monkey see, monkey do in the Shit-Pact Zone.

On the latest botchamania, it shows the "confused" fans start chanting "You Fucked Up" at Hardcore Justice for no reason lol. It's like all you need is for 1 guy to start it and if 100 follow, and it drowns the place out. Those fans just seem to want to be vulgar and obnoxious, for the sake of it.

If I were there I would of been like "Booooooooooo" or if I were close enough been like "Morgan you fking suck!" ... what does Shitpac do "TNA TNA TNA TNA!" I'm surprised they didn't start chanting "this is wrestling" during the Fortune/EV2.0 angle.

I came to the same conclusion when I was watching the whole F'N Show, but not for the same reason as you.

I don't have a problem with Match of the Year but to be honest it would be more Feud of the year or serie of the year. but still.

I had a problem with the THIS IS AWESOME chant 2 minutes in the Kurt Angle vs Styles match. We know this WOULD be awesome because they are two great competitor, but come on they were trading punch or basic technical move.

I am also starting to think that it hurts the show that there no heel or face. Beer Money (and I like them very much) should get booed. Morgan is the only one that is getting booed it seemed yesterday. They need face and heel imo.

And it's not the chant that bothers me is that when you get a this is awesome or holy shit chant it's deserved in TNA they seem to chant it just to chant it.

I think It's Damn Real pretty much explained it better than anybody. I have recently started to get into TNA on a regular basis, and I like it. It's nice having two programs worth watching, but those chants are just too much. In my opinion they don't come off like they are enjoying themselves; they come off like they are either trying to take attention from the match, or just trying to copy what they saw on old ECW events.

Yes. The fans are god awful.
I watched Impact for the first time in months yet nothing feels like it has changed. New ring, new ramp, Hogans runs the show...yet the part I see and here the most is the collection of the ugliest front row fans ever, and collection of the same chants I have been hearing from them all the time. Everything is wrestling, everything is awesome, everyone is a face.

Yeah that last part was especially annoying I wont even get into how dumb AJ looked in his Flair robe. Before the match starts AJ is heel I am made aware from my little brother, but the whole time the fans are chanting "AJ". Then Kurt. I have heard this 100 times over. Here is a simple fact fan boys. YES, the WWE experiences that from time to time, but fact is they have lost about 1 million average viewers over the years yet they are still the dominant force, the WWE can afford it.

I want to get into a match not feeling like I am just observing it. That is rather hard when for years all I do is watch a decent to excellent match, and hear everyone be cheered. I do not want to hear same emotion day in and day fucking out in the building that is enthusiasm for everyone being "awesome". I want to see everyone want to see a heel loose and show it See a face win and show it. Build some emotion in the product, I know this is wrestling, and that they are awesome plus Taz reminds me every second.

Stop telling me it is ok, because I know there are more people like me who are annoyed by this and do not watch because of it. Can you afford to keep going the same route with these fuck up, spoiled fans? You would have gone this far anywhere else, with the same product.

And you will go further when people can watch wrestling that they can invest in not wrestling they are watching because "it awesome clap clap clap"

I do not have a problem with the TNA crowds, even in the impact zone. Bottom line is that any crowd anywhere can and will cheer something that does not deserve it. There are countless examples of "dumb" (obviously subjective) cheering in WWE, in any prowrestling company ever and often in non-wrestling crowds of various types. TNA may have certain "dumb" reactions that appear, or even are, unique to their crowds but they do not have certain other "dumb" stuff crowds of other companys have so it is kind of a pick your poison scenario.

A huge part of wrestling is getting a reaction. I would rather the crowd chant the dumbest thing I have ever heard than sit there disinterested without excitement. There is nothing worse than a dead arena. Would it be nice if I could control the crowd to my personal opinions of what is best? Absolutely, but that is unrealistic and kind of defeats the purpose of interacting with the crowd to begin with. On the crew people I can understand certain annoyances with them but that is a fraction of the crowd and most of what they do is fine with a few exceptions. For both the crew and fans in general passionate fanbase is a nice problem to have IMO.

With all due respect to IDR you really want to tell me that if you were in the impact zone for the RVD-Wolfe title match you would be cheering RVD and booing Wolfe? Rooting for RVD to defeat the evil wolfe? I have my doubts but rooting for Wolfe is fine there IMO. That does not make you some smark desperate to show TNA you know better. That makes you a caring fan that is invested in the product. That is a good thing.

On the whole, I just find it really hard to believe that anyone who actually enjoys a product is going to quit watching because people cheer for it too zealously. That makes zero sense. It might give people that do not like it anyway a convenient excuse but that is about it. Those people were going to find something anyway. It is by no means an ideal crowd and teh crew people occasional create an issue but then again ideals do not exist in the world often or ever and you cannot get together a group of people anywhere without having a few issues of some sort.

I don't think people have a problem with the fans in the iMPACT zone cheering. What is annoying is how and when they cheer. It's obviously a good thing to have enthusiastic crowds who are enjoying the action and expressing it vocally. But it is annoying when the cheer absolutely everything to the point that it looks forced and contrived if not downright illogical.

You don't have to cheer T-N-A! T-N-A for 2 hours. You don't have to chant "this is wrestling" as if the other pro wrestling options are not, because that's just stupid. And you don't have to chant "this is awesome" or "holy shit" when a wrestler performs a run of the mill everyday move that is not necessarily awesome.

Mute buttons are a wonderful thing when watching iMPACT. Between the fans chanting and Tazz's commentary, they are almost essential.

With all due respect to IDR you really want to tell me that if you were in the impact zone for the RVD-Wolfe title match you would be cheering RVD and booing Wolfe? Rooting for RVD to defeat the evil wolfe? I have my doubts but rooting for Wolfe is fine there IMO. That does not make you some smark desperate to show TNA you know better. That makes you a caring fan that is invested in the product. That is a good thing.

Hard to say, actually – if Wolfe was the heel, as much as I love him as a character and hate RVD, yes, I would cheer for RVD, especially as the match climax came about.

That's not to say though, that I've always done that – at Hard Justice 2008, that pathetic X Division match between Creed and Petey Williams, Williams was the heel, but I booed the fuck out of Creed, because at the time I was furious with the push he received simply for being friends with AJ Styles. I nicknamed him Consequences Cena for it.

It's not so much the fans that need to go from the Impact Zone, it's TNA. Not just because of the fans, but, business-wise, TNA could profit a LOT more if they went to venues where they could charge the fans to attend (the Impact Zone is free for fans, btw).

Speaking of the fans, a "TNA" chant would have been FAR more appropriate than "This is Awesome", but regardless whether or not you like what the fans are chanting, there's no denying that they're really into the show and have been fairly consistent with their energy level. It's not often that fans in the Impact Zone are quiet during a segment or a match and that's more than WWE can say at the moment (last Monday being the exception). Besides, anyone who goes to shows and chants "What?", "You Screwed Bret" or "WHOO" have no right to bash TNA fans for chanting "This is Awesome" because they, too, are participating in annoying chants.

The complaint about the fans in the Impact Zone doesn't make any sense to me....I'm more annoyed by the douchebag WWE fans for the "what" chants.....or the fact that WRESTLING is rarely what gets a pop at WWE shows. So, to answer your question, I don't see anything wrong with the fans in the Impact zone. They look like they're having fun and thats all that matters, I'm guessing that is an image that TNA wantes to convey to their viewers....You'd rather they sat silently with their hands in their lap? An ACTIVE audience makes the show a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch ....its also probably a little more enjoyable for the performers as well.
In my opinion, the "this is wrestling" & "this is awesome" chants are just showing respect for the performers in the ring. For instance, it fit right in during the MCM vs. Beer Money match & Angle vs.AJ Styles matches on Impact Thursday night.

I don't have a problem with it per se, as I enjoy it when it happens in New York, Toronto and over here in the UK. It's good to hear the fans get vocal and do things how they want and not tow the company line. My only problem with it at TNA is that it's there all the time, every single week. It's nice to have that over the top crowd reaction but, if it wasn't all the time, the chants would have a bit more impact and help things to stand out more.

You see I've been following TNA for a while and I finally ordered the channel a couple of weeks ago and I am now watching it completly. With the WWE I either DVR it or just watch the videos/results.

I like TNA but those chants are just dumb and they don't add to the product. If they were placed well maybe but it seems like they are not following the actions and are just thinking about what they should chant or when they will finally have the chance to chant it.

Like someone said when Dreamer was almost crying to Raven and said the uncle scotty bit, fans started to chant it and that kills the emotion of the story.

At this point I think the only way to be a heel in TNA is by saying that you are gay or by having no inring skills. So their heel would need to stop working good matches? Or they could have a guy come in and say F TNA this place is F'N shit and I am stuck here because of my contract but I hate every f'ers in this place. Maybe that guy could be heel.

Like some said they are too smart for their own good or at least they think they are. And if you want to grow it hurt the product. If someone crash through 3 tables in fire or do a springboard shooting star press chant this is awesome but when a wrestler do a snapmare and they chant it it's more like wtf and I feel ashamed to watch it, just like when you watch a TV show and you get that very awkard romantic scene.

And by the way I am from Montreal the only place where the "You screwed Bret" chant are relevant and we are usually a very loud and pro-heel and smark crowd, but this can't happen every week. If everything is special, nothing is.

There are countless examples of "dumb" (obviously subjective) cheering in WWE

Like what? The only "dumb" chants i hear in WWE is the "What" chants that come whenever a heel cuts a promo.

A huge part of wrestling is getting a reaction.

Theres a big differance between chanting "You suck" at a heel because maybe he insulted your hometown football team and chanting "You got arrested" at Kurt Angle because of a report these smarks read on TMZ.

I would rather the crowd chant the dumbest thing I have ever heard than sit there disinterested without excitement.

I would rather proper crowd chants and maybe wave at the camera instead of personal chants and stupid fucking dancing. People who think they run the show and think they probably matter more than most of the TNA roster.

There is nothing worse than a dead arena.

But then again there is also nothing worse than a crowd full of smarks who thinks they know better than the creative team.

On the whole, I just find it really hard to believe that anyone who actually enjoys a product is going to quit watching because people cheer for it too zealously.

But then again it could sour that person from visiting the impact zone and watching TNA.

Anyways i hate the crowd in TNA. They make chants that they find hilarious and think they are making the show better. A n example of this is the "Fuck you Vince" chants at Hardcore Justice. That didn't make the PPV better that made the Impact zone look like they have no class. There are reports that say there are people who often visit the Impact zone and believe they have seats reserved for them that nobody else can sit in. They need to go.

I think calling someone a smark makes one a smark. How can you ever rag on someone for cheering a heel and then say they cheered him because they knew too much behind the scenes shit? Am I a smark for liking what the NWO did to the Monday Nitro set? Are others smarks for liking the Rock's smart ass retorts? This isn't church you can choose to be bad and choose to be probad if you want. Furthermore some heel turns dont work (Goldberg's was a notable disaster) and there are people who are fans of a certain wrestler no matter what they do, again pointing to the Rock.

If you hate the chants all you need is one fast talking heel to blast the audience and belittle them. Chris Jericho or the Rock could/would totally shut that bullshit down. Gotta be from a wrestler and a heel though.

Its really really hard to start a chant at a WWE event or atleast when I tried to last year in knoxville. The fact that the TNA arena doesn't have as many people means the chants are easier to catch on and its easy to notice.

There should be a thread titled "What are they gonna chant next" :lol:
ANNE FRANK IS PRETTY clap clap clapclapclap I caught a pikachu clap clap clapclapclap. :shrug: Scot Hall works out Audience: SURVEY SAYS, SURVEY SAYS, SURVEY SAYS

On Jarrett's wife: LETS GO CHEMO CLAP CLAP blahblahblah, On Sabu: GET WELL SOON, GET WELL SOON!

Ohhh a defeat of a top British wresler like Rob Terry.. Battle of Yorktown, THIS WAS JUST AS GOOD!, batle of Yorktown, THIS WAS JUST AS GOOD. :lmao: pRAISE happy clowns..

The complaint about the fans in the Impact Zone doesn't make any sense to me....I'm more annoyed by the douchebag WWE fans for the "what" chants.....or the fact that WRESTLING is rarely what gets a pop at WWE shows. So, to answer your question, I don't see anything wrong with the fans in the Impact zone. They look like they're having fun and thats all that matters, I'm guessing that is an image that TNA wantes to convey to their viewers....You'd rather they sat silently with their hands in their lap? An ACTIVE audience makes the show a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch ....its also probably a little more enjoyable for the performers as well.
In my opinion, the "this is wrestling" & "this is awesome" chants are just showing respect for the performers in the ring. For instance, it fit right in during the MCM vs. Beer Money match & Angle vs.AJ Styles matches on Impact Thursday night.

I agree hole heartedly with your first sentence.I hate the "what" chant. At least the crowd knows more than one word over at The Impact Zone.The "This is wrestling chants" happen when.......Drum roll please.............when theres wrestling.
Do you think the WWE would get away with the program they have here in the states if they go to places like Japan or China?

To the topic creator you cannot blame a crowd for having a good time.The whole point of wrestling is to make the crowd escape from reality and fall into the world of wrestling.It's not to put them to sleep or play with ones intelligence with unicorns and lepricons and five moves of doom.

The crowds at the iMPACT Zone are so annoying!

Don't get me wrong, I love it when a crowd gets into a show. I love to hear cheers, and even chants, but only when the chants:
  • Make sense
  • Are directed at the wrestlers
  • Aren't attempts to get themselves or the company over (e.g. "TNA" chants)
Call me a traditionalist, but I want to see crowds boo heels and cheer faces, and out the show and wrestlers over. I don't want to hear a crowd cheer EVERYONE and make up stupid chants that make no sense. When a guy does a dropkick, I don't want to hear a "TNA" or "THIS IS WRESTLING" or "THIS IS AWESOME" chant. We can see the match is awesome, thanks. Don't remind us. And a lot of times they chant when the match ISN'T awesome!!

I don't mind chants that are derogatory towards heels (For a WWE example, Angle's "You Suck" or Miz's "Miz is Awful") or ones that support the faces, but when a chant doesn't even make sense it just annoys me to no end. For a perfect example, look back a week ago during Dreamer and Raven's promo. The crowd started chanting "UNCLE SCOTTY". Why would you chant that? Dreamer wasn't saying that to insult Raven, so it makes no sense to chant it at Raven.

My least favorite chant though is "Thank you Dixie". It just screams smarkiness and indy-fed. TNA is supposed to be the number two wrestling company in the world, not a high school gym federation. No offense meant to indy promotions, because they're often rather awesome, but the chants just make the whole operation seem low budget to me.

Once again, don't get me wrong. I love to see a crowd involved and part of the show, but not like that. Don't hit me with the hyperbole "Would you rather they sit on their hands?". No, I would not rather they sit on their hands. I'd rather they shut the hell up and start doing things right: Cheering faces, booing heels, doing chants that actually make sense, and trying to put the show over and not themselves.

The crowds at the iMPACT Zone are so annoying!

Don't get me wrong, I love it when a crowd gets into a show. I love to hear cheers, and even chants, but only when the chants:
  • Make sense
  • Are directed at the wrestlers
  • Aren't attempts to get themselves or the company over (e.g. "TNA" chants)
Call me a traditionalist, but I want to see crowds boo heels and cheer faces, and out the show and wrestlers over. I don't want to hear a crowd cheer EVERYONE and make up stupid chants that make no sense. When a guy does a dropkick, I don't want to hear a "TNA" or "THIS IS WRESTLING" or "THIS IS AWESOME" chant. We can see the match is awesome, thanks. Don't remind us. And a lot of times they chant when the match ISN'T awesome!!

I don't mind chants that are derogatory towards heels (For a WWE example, Angle's "You Suck" or Miz's "Miz is Awful") or ones that support the faces, but when a chant doesn't even make sense it just annoys me to no end. For a perfect example, look back a week ago during Dreamer and Raven's promo. The crowd started chanting "UNCLE SCOTTY". Why would you chant that? Dreamer wasn't saying that to insult Raven, so it makes no sense to chant it at Raven.

My least favorite chant though is "Thank you Dixie". It just screams smarkiness and indy-fed. TNA is supposed to be the number two wrestling company in the world, not a high school gym federation. No offense meant to indy promotions, because they're often rather awesome, but the chants just make the whole operation seem low budget to me.

Once again, don't get me wrong. I love to see a crowd involved and part of the show, but not like that. Don't hit me with the hyperbole "Would you rather they sit on their hands?". No, I would not rather they sit on their hands. I'd rather they shut the hell up and start doing things right: Cheering faces, booing heels, doing chants that actually make sense, and trying to put the show over and not themselves.

Everything about this thread makes no since.Also the things I put in bold makes no sense to me.The chant "this is wrestling" isnt only after a drop kick but when the two "wrestlers" wrestle which than makes it looks like poetry in motion.Atleast there not selling a suplex for 5minutes.

Like Obama said against the republicans "they want you forget the past ever happened". Well some people like myself don't forget, so the uncle scotty chant makes sense if you watched ECW before as you say MR. Traditionalist.
Do you honestly mean to tell me the "What" chants are better than "this is wrestling".The crowds chants are during the appropriate moments atleast its done during a match and not a 15 min shoot.
You also say it makes it seem low budget to chant but you forget that if you enjoy something please show some emotion.From reading the thread it seems as if you never been to a live sports event or enjoyed one for that matter.Every one in attendance hates/likes who they want.They just show respect to a persons wrestling skill.

Whats wrong with the Thank You Dixie chant? Thank You dixie for not watering down EV2.0.Thank You dixie for not making EV2.0 a disgrace like vince did Ecw.Do you think she should have just have ran the EV2.0 PPV into the ground like vince did ECW or should she have showed trust and confidence in her wrestlers ?

Like what? The only "dumb" chants i hear in WWE is the "What" chants that come whenever a heel cuts a promo.

How about the R-Truth entrance? Should that really be one of the hottest moments of the show for the crowd? It is like WWE crowds are infatuated with the word what. When I talk about WWE crowds being dumb I am mostly referring to cheering at odd times, IMO. Would I rather the crowd cheer this is awesome for something that was only pretty good or give the biggest pop of the night for Cena to do the five knuckle? I would choose the former and see no reason why using words makes cheering at the "wrong" time any worse. Then again the whole thing is subjective and I have no problem with people who want to cheer Cena in that instance. I am sure there are plenty of other examples but I do not watch the product regularly enough anymore to give current specific examples. I guess some people booing the biggest babyface on the roster for the past 5 years would count for something, if a minority can ruin it for the majority.

I find it ironic that a common criticism here is that these smarky bastards think they know better and are putting their desires above the show. Well, isn't suggesting that you have the answer for the one and only correct way an entire group of people has to act the pot calling the kettle black? There is no "correct" way to cheer a show. There is personal preference but as soon as you suggest others are doing it wrong you are just as bad as they are. There are certain smarky chants that are over the line and a detriment. However, they tend to balance out with the creative ones that actually pique interest in the long run. Imagine if the fans were programmed not to do the asshole chant. It would have killed the epicness of that promo. Like I have been saying interacting is the name of the game, even if it creates headaches sometimes.

I find it ironic that a common criticism here is that these smarky bastards think they know better and are putting their desires above the show. Well, isn't suggesting that you have the answer for the one and only correct way an entire group of people has to act the pot calling the kettle black? There is no "correct" way to cheer a show. There is personal preference but as soon as you suggest others are doing it wrong you are just as bad as they are. There are certain smarky chants that are over the line and a detriment. However, they tend to balance out with the creative ones that actually pique interest in the long run. Imagine if the fans were programmed not to do the asshole chant. It would have killed the epicness of that promo. Like I have been saying interacting is the name of the game, even if it creates headaches sometimes.

Consider a play.

The villain goes on stage, twists his mustache, and places the girl on some railroad tracks. The train is obviously on its way, you can hear the train whistle from stage left.

The hero rushes onstage and gets into a fight with the villain. The train is barreling down. You can hear it coming closer and closer. The villain throws the hero to the ground and the stage goes dark. You hear the girl scream.

The lights come back on, and the girl is gone. A blood splatter is left on stage where her body once was.

And a group of people in the crowd cheers.

How is that correct in any possible way? Sure, there is no one telling them they have to cheer for the hero (face). But who would purposefully cheer for the villain (heel) despite them completely doing something that shouldn't be cheered? It's like cheering Randy Orton for punting RVD. It makes no sense at all.

And that's where Doc is coming from. Nonsensical chants are fucking ******ed, and detract from the overall value of the show.

Everything about this thread makes no since.Also the things I put in bold makes no sense to me.The chant "this is wrestling" isnt only after a drop kick but when the two "wrestlers" wrestle which than makes it looks like poetry in motion.Atleast there not selling a suplex for 5minutes.

Considering it's TNA, and people chant "THIS IS WRESTLING" 5 minutes into the match before a real suplex is even delivered, I would beg to differ. Or when they chant "HOLY SHIT" over some AJ Styles finisher that they've seen 500 times. Sure, it's impressive. But does it warrant a "HOLY SHIT" chant every time? It'd be like WWE crowds chanting "THIS IS WRESTLING" every time Bourne nails the Air Bourne. Sure, it looks cool. But every time?

Like Obama said against the republicans "they want you forget the past ever happened". Well some people like myself don't forget, so the uncle scotty chant makes sense if you watched ECW before as you say MR. Traditionalist.
Do you honestly mean to tell me the "What" chants are better than "this is wrestling".The crowds chants are during the appropriate moments atleast its done during a match and not a 15 min shoot.

Doc didn't say the "What" chants were any better, first of all.

Secondly, both are bullshit. Is Austin anywhere giving a promo at that moment? No? Then why the "What" chant? Was Dreamer using "Uncle Scotty" in any direct or obtuse way to insult Raven in that very promo? Or hell, that year?

No? Then that chant did nothing but detract from the promo. It confused those who heard it, and did nothing but massage the ego of whoever heard it and understood what was going on. No one gives a shit if you remember the old ECW angles. I promise.

You also say it makes it seem low budget to chant but you forget that if you enjoy something please show some emotion.From reading the thread it seems as if you never been to a live sports event or enjoyed one for that matter.Every one in attendance hates/likes who they want.They just show respect to a persons wrestling skill.

Oh. So "HOLY SHIT" after the 500th Styles Clash and those "WHAT" chants were because Raven was such a wonderful wrestler. Okay. :lmao:

I am sorry but go rewatch the Whole F'N show special and tell me that the "This is awesome" chant was making sense when Styles and Angle were doing basic run of the mill moves. That's what we are talking about. And when they chant that when the match is average than it gives a bad image of TNA from people who don't watch a lot.

How is that correct in any possible way? Sure, there is no one telling them they have to cheer for the hero (face). But who would purposefully cheer for the villain (heel) despite them completely doing something that shouldn't be cheered? It's like cheering Randy Orton for punting RVD. It makes no sense at all.

And that's where Doc is coming from. Nonsensical chants are fucking ******ed, and detract from the overall value of the show.

How is this a TNA only problem has been my whole point. WWE crowds have been known to boo uber-babyface Cena. ROH crowds do the same to Tyler Black. People cheered the Rated R superstar. The thing is people cheer for who entertains them or want to be contrarian. Their money is as good as anyones. Any promoter knows that heels having fans nowadays is a reality of the situation. They often book with this in mind so it is not pure evil vs pure good. That grey area allows the crowd some interpretation. It is rare a totally evil act gets cheered. However, when a heel cuts a promo that resonates with a niche group of complainers AKA IWC types they know what they are doing.

What makes "sense" is a subjective opinion. In an ideal world the crowd only does the "right" reaction but that is entirely unrealistic. If we knew exactly how people react to things then life would be boring and basically all tv shows would just do the magic 'get out your wallet' sequence on repeat. Where is the motivation for the bookers to actually work at stories if the audience has to react the "correct" way. Look how stale the WWE product got when the audiences started having this blind faith.

Doc has some great points because even though it is better to have a crowd be passionate then sitting on their hands, its annoying to see fans chant anything. The heels are cheered and the faces are cheered or booed. The chanting of "this is awesome!" or "this is wrestling!" every time someone does a dropkick is annoying too. The impact zone cheered the EV 2.0 guys last night and then when they got beat down they cheered Fortune. Why? They even chanted this is awesome which in retrospect it was, but why cheer for the heels?

I understand that there are fans everywhere that cheer and boo whoever they want, but the Impact zone cheers for no reason. They make random chants like "Uncle Scotty" and even "water break!" They are desperately trying to be the ECW crowd which will never happen. The ECW crowd knew when to cheer and boo. They didn't chant randomly or over do it. Bobby Lashley was cheered in the Impact zone relentlessly, and then they took him to California for Bound for Glory and he got booed out of the arena.

I know TNA can't afford to move out the Impact zone, but they should definitely make arrangements for it. They have been selling out house shows across the country recently in New York, Virginia, and North Carolina. It seems the only time the Impact Zone will boo anyone is when Val Venis is in the ring or when the six sided ring is changed. They are spoiled. It is great to have good reaction from the crowd, but these idiots just want chant random shit to put themselves over.

Viewers at home will watch Impact and think that TNA is circus because of the rabid fans. A reaction is better then no reaction, but when it comes to the Impact zone it is better for them to keep their mouths shut if they don't have anything interesting to say or chant.

People seem to have a really romanticized view of the ECW crowds at this point, like they do about most things ECW. Would anyone supporting this idea that ECW fans did it right but TNA is so wrong for the this is awesome chants after "only" good moves on occasion (seriously this every dropkick line is the most tired exageration since the reject one). How is the you fucked up chant not ten times worse for disrupting the show and putting the audience over? It is just hilarious that people are implying ECW crowds always cheered the faces (how long did it take dreamer to get over again), or didn't root for both sides (watch a RVD-Lynn match among many others) or behaved "correctly" or maybe most hilariously only chanted things that would not turn off mainstream casual fans. To his credit I really doubt Heyman wanted them to. Getting people to interact with your product is key in getting them invested in it. There is no wrong way to get people excited about your product.

I think it would help TNA if they rid of the Impact Zone and started touring for there Impact tapings, at falls under the grounds of them not wanting to spend money to market there product. If they went and start taping Impact at venues across the country it would give them the chance to build up there fan basis by showing different areas there product. Yeah they do houses here and there but people rather attend the ones that area going to be on TV where they have the big names, the pyro, and the storylines with the chance to be on TV. Not saying its a total solution for TNA but filming the same thing at the same place for a long period of time makes it seem likes a a studio recorded TV show.

When I hear people complaining about cheering for the heel, my mind goes to one person right now: C.M. Punk.

I'm sorry to impose a bit of my life story on here, but I have to, for what I'm saying to make any sense. I'm a recovering alcoholic. I was a pretty heavy drinker for about 8 years. But, on August 7, 2007, I put down a Rum and Coke, and I picked up the Straight Edge. Not because I wanted "to be better than you," or anyone else, for that matter. I did it because, in my own mind, I knew that I needed something to give me a tangible reason to not pick up the bottle the next day. "I don't drink anymore," to me, was a decision that I could change. "I'm Straight Edge," to me, seemed a bit more concrete a determination. I won't lie. Those first few months were hell. But, I got through them, on my own, and I'm much happier for it.

But, that didn't come quickly, since, for the first year, many of my friends were teling me that "you know what? You need a beer." And, some were even talking about spiking my drinks with whatever pills they had on them, at the time. To this day, members of my own family are still trying to get me to start smoking pot. Hell, they've even gone as far as to try to put the joint in my mouth while I was cooking dinner. So, I'll just say that, while I don't care about what other people do to thier own bodies, I have no respect for ANYONE who tries to tell other people that doing drugs is a good thing.

I won't say that I "joined the Straight Edge Society," because I did this before Punk started doing this in WWE. But, I did see him as a guy who showed me that it was okay not have to worry about what other people think about me not drinking around them. So, in that way, he did inspire me. So, while I disagree with the self-serving nature of "Straight Edge makes me better than you," I sincerely approve of his core message of "drugs suck, don't do them."

But, when he first made that heel turn against Jeff Hardy, (I can't be the only person who remembers this.) then ECW General Manager Tiffany was telling Punk that he shouldn't knock booze until he tried it. Christian came up, saying that "they don't call people Straight Edge. They call those people nerds." The Undertaker threatened to make Punk "crave the very drugs" that he had denounced.

So, in the way WWE treated Punk's character, I see a lot of my own jouney to sobriety, and I respect Punk for dealing with that far more than I would ever care about the "faces" of the angle, who, at the beginning, were acting like drug pushers, openly telling the world that drugs are good, and clean living is evil. And, that is especially true about Christian, who had openly insulted every Straight Edge person on the planet, including me. (Even more-so myself, since I live right outside Philadelphia.)

So, bluntly, to anyone who bitches, moans, whines, or compains about people cheering the heel, kiss my taint. You don't have the right to tell ANYONE what to do with their own voice, and you certainly don't have any clue why other people do the things they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back