ECW Denver: Round 1, Match 2: #29 Sean Waltman vs. #36 Don Muraco

Syxx-Pac vs. The Rock

• The Magnificent One

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region under extreme rules, from Denver, CO.

#29. Sean Waltman
seanwaltman.jpg

vs.

#36. "The Magnificent" Don Muraco
muracologo.jpg

The man of 1000 necks and the former ECW Champion Don Muraco move on here. Sure the ECW title he won wasn't the regular ECW Title, but it's more than X-Pac has ever accomplished on his own. He was a waste of air and somehow scored Ryan Shamrock. That alone is reasoning to get rid of him.

Sean Waltman, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated professional wrestlers of all time. I thought the man was fucking great. I loved his run as the 123 Kid as much as any mid-card babyface run in WWE history. It's a shame he never got an IC Title during that run, thinking about it. Anyway, he had great match after great match as the 123 Kid, and then as the Syxx and X-Pac characters, he got as much heel heat as ANYONE in both the nWo and DX. So much so, they created the term "X-Pac heat". Some people put that statement over as it's not real heat, just a way for fans to dismiss a wrestler because he or she truly sucks, but that's complete bullshit, because Waltman did not suck. The man was truly a fantastic wrestler.

And Don Muraco... well, he just sucked. He was a roided up piece of trash, nothing more.

Waltman should most definitely advance here.

Let's compare Muraco good wrestler jacked waltman great wrestler friends with DX has the speed advantage. I think Waltman would win because he has speed and DX to back him and in a Extreme rules DX can interfere as much as they want so I think X-pac wins with the help of DX sledgehammers, chairs and other weapons. All in All a great match.

While Muraco's ECW title reigns were when it was othing more than an NWA regional title, he still holds a few things over Waltman. He was the Intercontinental Champion, and he also had time limit draws for the WWWF title against Bob Backlund, and X-Pac never really aleviated himself to that level.

Waltman was one of my favourite wrestlers when I was about 10, and I'm still impressed by his work as the 1-2-3 Kid now, but I don't think at his highest he could ever be seen as a threat to the world title. While he has speed and agility in abundance, Muraco is bigger and stronger than him, and would go over here after a tough contest with the tombstone before it was called a tombstone.

As much as I can't stand Waltman, or any incarnation of him, he'll put up a pretty good fight here. He's got the attitude and the look to be successful in and ECW ring, and was the right kind of wrestler to take advantage of the environment. But, chances are, he'll run off at the mouth, piss off Muraco, and end up eating his his own ass.

I'm voting for Muraco, but I won't be totally upset if Waltman wins, because then we get to see his pansy ass get beat to a pulp by Vader.

The hardcore environment helps to make this a little more even, even though Muraco was a former "ECW" Champion, but I digress, but in the end the Magnificent one is way to much for Waltman to handle. The 1,2,3 Kid is over because of one win his entire career, a fluke over Razor Ramon, other then that, nothing. His career is one of the biggest jokes in the history of the business, so I easily pick the Original Rock.

A good match with the edition of the weapons. Xpac puts up a fight and gives Muraco a run for his money, but the power of Muraco will be too much to overcome and the Magnificent one will get the victory.

I love me some Muraco and he's just too big and strong for Waltman to take, so I'm voting for him here. Although, I would just like to say that I have much respect for Waltman. Before his heel turn as The 1-2-3 Kid in the WWF, he was one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. Also, he put on a match with Bret Hart during one episode of Monday Night RAW which is one of the greatest matches I have ever had the fortune to watch (if I can find out what date it aired, I'll post it). But, in my opinion, Waltman doesn't work as a heel, and this is what he's played as for the majority of his career. I think he could have had an awesome career as a perennial underdog, but I guess sleaziness just got the best of him.

Pick: Muraco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back