EB's Wrestling Journal: Extreme Rules PPV Results & Thoughts!

oldschoolfan1985

Dark Match Jobber
Disclaimer- Please do not read this if you are a wrestling mark because you will not agree with ANYTHING I have to say. I define a mark as a little kid or woman who likes Cena or Orton because they are "cool" or "look hot" and not because of anything relevant like their actual ability to wrestle. If you do read my posts you will notice that I tend to favor the guys that can actually wrestle and I am a very pro heel guy, so just a warning before you move on with the reading...

First I want to start off by saying that I did not order this ppv nor do I order any ppv's from WWE or TNA anymore because I don't think that it is worth the price they charge, plus if I bought every ppv I would be broke because WWE has one like every two weeks these days, but I did watch the matches and clips on youtube, so I did see most of the things that happened last night. I saw enough to make fair and accurate judgements on the matches, so here we go...

Last Man Standing Match: Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Wasn't a bad way to start off the PPV, but it was a typical match between these two guys: Punk pretty much dominates the whole match and then Orton pulls out a RKO from nowhere and wins.... Obviously Punk continues to get buried by Vince Mcmahon because Punk has made it known that when his contract expires at the end of the year he will more than likely move on and will not resign. I personally hope that he does resign because Punk is one of my top five favorites in wrestling today because he has great wrestling skill as well as the ability to work the mic and draw heat from the marks.. I mean the fans who don't appreciate true wrestling talent!

Tables Match: Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston (U.S. Title)

I figured they would add this match after Sheamus attacked Kofi on Friday Night Smackdown sending Kofi off the show on a stretcher. That and the fact that SD had both the U.S. and the IC Title on their show, so I knew they would do something to put one of those belts back on RAW, so they give it back to Kofi... Hopefully Kofi can build off of this United States Title run and perhaps become a contender for the major Title one day. I found it funny and a little bit ironic too that the first time Sheamus won the WWE Title he beat John Cena on PPV in a tables match, but Sheamus couldn't win a tables match against Kofi Kingston! I thought these guys should have been given more time and cut some time off of the next match on the card....

Country Whipping Match: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole & Jack Swagger

Well Jr was definitely right about this one; it was extremely bowling shoe ugly! I was hoping this would end the whole Cole/Lawler/Jr feud, but since the heels won you know it's not over yet. In fact I have heard that they are planning to have Cole face Lawler again at the next WWE PPV in three weeks... Boy I can't wait for that! * Extreme sarcasm*

Falls Count Anywhere Match: Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

I thought this match was shorten a little bit and was predictable that Rey would win seeing as he was moving to RAW and this was their final battle, but despite all of that it was still a very good match! I like the way they are developing Cody into a major heel and I think the paper bag thing is hilarious! I am actually anxious to see who they pair Cody up with next on SD now that Rey is on RAW.

Loser Leave's Town Match: Michelle McCool vs. Layla

The match might have been a little bit better if I hadn't already known that Michelle was taking time away from the company after this match, so it was obvious that she was going to lose to Layla.... Michelle of course dominated the match and Layla pulled a counter move out of her butt for the win, but I kind of feel sorry for Layla now because without Mccool to carry her we will see just how insignificant Layla really is! I wanted to see Kharma come out and crush someone just not Michelle Mccool.... Is it wrong that I really want to see Kharma snap those damn Bella Twins in half?

Ladder Match: Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio (World Title)

Pretty good match with Alberto taking some extreme ladder bumps, but in the end it was pretty predictable with Del Rio being on RAW and fight for the World Title that is on Smackdown... I know this part of the post will be unpopular with some, but as I said before I don't always say the popular thing and I don't make opinions to gain people's approval, so here ya go... I think it's a shame that the only way Christian could win the belt is to have Edge come out in a jeep and distract Del Rio right before he was about to grab the belt and win the match, but honestly I think the only reason Christian is even getting a Title run is because Edge had to retire sort of how Rey Mysterio was given the World Title after Eddie died mainly as a tribute to him. We will see how long Christian's reign lasts, but my guess is a couple of months tops if that...

Lumberjack Match: Big Show & Kane vs. Wade Barrett & Ezekiel Jackson (WWE Tag-Titles)

Merely a filler match to give the fans an extra Title match on the card and help the further implosion of the Corre.

Triple-Threat Cage Match: The Miz vs. John Cena vs. John Morrison (WWE Title)

Typical Title match with Morrison involved; Morrison steals the show, does a few sick offensive moves, comes close to winning the belt then some how gets screwed out of it every single time and this time it was R-Truth, but that was to be expected, so that they can further their feud... I had a feeling Cena would win which I didn't want to see because the belt being back on him is something I was hoping wouldn't happen again for a very long time, but I have to admit that even though I strongly dislike Cena I can't deny that that AA off the top rope was very impressive!

All in all I'd give it 2 and a half out of 5 stars....

Probably won't see too many matches on RAW tonight with the Rock's birthday celebration scheduled, plus I read the WWE is planning some kind of tribute to the USA due to the announcement last night that Bin Laden had been captured and killed by the men and women in our armed forces.... those two things including probably the furthering of the Truth/Morrison feud, ten minutes wasted on Michael Cole doing something to further his unneccassary feud with the King and JR and a WWE Title rematch between Miz and Cena, there probably won't be a whole lot of time for too much else, but we shall see!

Questions? Comments? Reply to my posts! If you like my journals and want to friend me on facebook send your requests to Erik Bryant or follow me on Twitter @eab2940

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back