EB's Wrestling Journal

oldschoolfan1985

Dark Match Jobber
Disclaimer- Please do not read this if you are a wrestling mark because you will not agree with ANYTHING I have to say. I define a mark as a little kid or woman who likes Cena or Orton because they are "cool" or "look hot" and not because of anything relevant like their actual ability to wrestle. If you do read my posts you will notice that I tend to favor the guys that can actually wrestle and I am a very pro heel guy, so just a warning before you move on with the reading...

Hello everyone,

MY name is Erik Bryant and I am starting my own little wrestling journal on this forum. I have been watching wrestling for 25 years and am a die hard wrestling fan. I even went to the power plant and was there in late 1999 through early 2000 trying to be a part of the profession I love so much and actually got to work the indy circuits for awhile. That is something that not many of my friends or family actually knew about me, but anyways just wanted to give a brief background.... I would still like to get in the business some how, but at 31 years old I would probably have to settle for being a ref or announcer, but anyway I can get in would be fine with me!

Well after waiting for 25 years, Wrestlemania finally came to where I live, Georgia, so naturally I had to be there! Now I was going to axxess on Thursday to see everything there, get a few autographs and that was it, but of course I ended up going to axxess every day Thursday thru Sunday! I was also at the HOF, Wrestlemania, and the RAW after Mania... Thursday night was great as me and my wife looked at all the attractions as well as getting autographs from Gerald Brisco, Pat Patterson, Jimmy Hart, Sunny, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jack Swagger, Micheal Cole and Sheamus.... They were all great especially Sheamus who personalized the autograph and talked to me for a few minutes, but my highlight that night was meeting Sunny! I mean it's my default picture on facebook for God sake's! For those who have never met Sunny in person she is the sweetest person not to mention the fact that she is still smoking HOT!

On Friday I met Wendi Richter, Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Arn Anderson, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and Dolph Ziggler and on the way out we walked by the booth that Teddy Long and Drew Mcintyre were at and Drew actually signed my book over the rail and Teddy shook my hand because the staff wouldn't let him sign anymore and he told me "Give me a holla holla holla" and I certainly did lol! The highlight that night was meeting the Hot Rod and touching the Intercontinental Title * that thing is heavy*

Saturday I went with my buddy and was only able to get the autographs of Harley Race and Daniel Bryan.... Crazy story from that day was that when I got in the line Ron Simmons was there and I've always been a fan of his, but the shift changed before I could get to him, so we waited for the next person to come in and out stepped.... KEVIN NASH! Everyone in the line cheered and he sat down and signed two autographs and then the staff told him they made a mistake and he was at the wrong station, so he gets up and everyone boos in which Nash yells out "It's not my fault they told me to move" and Harley Race stepped out and people booed him which I thought was extremely disrespectful, but Harley looked drunk as hell! lol The highlight of the night was obviously watching Sunny and my favorite of all time, The "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Micheals taking their rightful place into the Hall of Fame!

Sunday I met "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, Primo, The Usos, Alicia Fox, Trent Barretta and Curt Hawkins. I was in the line for Dusty Rhodes and Golddust, but the shift changed and I couldn't get up there in time to get their autograph, but the highlight of that day was obviously being at WRESTLEMANIA!

So here are my thoughts on Wrestlemania....

I didn't like the fact that they cut Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus for the U.S Title off of the PPV card and made it the pre-Wrestlemania match, but then after all the lumberjacks got involved around the ring, Teddy Long came out and made it a Battle Royal, which cancelled out the match altogether because Khali won the Battle Royal....

Then as the PPV started we all found out they cut that match, so that the Rock could kick off Mania with a 15 minute promo as if it were RAW and not the biggest PPV of the year! They put the World Title match on first which I thought was a great match between the veteran Edge and the young Alberto Del Rio... Suprised Christian didn't make a heel turn, but I heard he didn't because of Edge's medical conditions, so Edge kept the belt and then destroyed Del Rio's car afterwards....

Second match was one of the best of the night in my opinion between Rey Mysterio and Cody. I thought giving Cody the Wrestlemania victory over Mysterio was a very good move because any victory over Mysterio can help elevate a young star's career, but especially a win at Mania

The eight man tag was too short and got no time because of Rock's opening segment and the three backstage scenes they had, but I was pleased to see Kofi get into a Wrestlemania match, filling in for an injured Koslov.

The Orton/ Punk match was typical of what I thought it would be which was Punk dominating 90% of the match and then Orton pulling an RKO out of his ass to win the match, but hey Orton usually gets carried in his matches by his opponents, so nothing new there. I thought the best part of that match was the chant that was started behind us "Die Randall Die!"

Micheal Cole and the King went wayyyyy too long with Cole getting wayyyy too much offense in. The ending was bogus with the RAW GM giving Cole the win and even though I knew it was coming I hated seeing Booker T and Josh Mattews take a stunner, but hey you know someone is gonna take one anytime Austin is around!

The match of the night was of course Triple H and the Undertaker... It was the best match I have ever witnessed live! You know that Mania is Taker's event, but a few times in that match you actually believed that maybe Triple H was about to end the streak, but the Dead Man came back and was able to overcome it all to go 19-0! The biggest illustration of how brutal that match was though was when Taker won, but was unable to walk out on his own!

The six person tag was short which was fine with me, but Morrison and Ziggler never got to get in and wrestle which was awful to me, but Snooki actually impressed me with her little cartwheel move, but I'm sure Michelle Mccool didn't really care at the time because of the condition her husband was in backstage...

The main event was decent... As decent as you can get for Cena and Miz... I can't really stand either man even though I'm actually starting to like the Miz a little more especially when they feud him with Cena, but I loved the Rock coming out and costing Cena the belt as Miz kept the gold in the Mania Main Event and sent all the little kids and horny women home in tears! lol The highlight from that match was probably my wife picking on the little kids in front of us that were Cena fans and kept turning around and talking trash!

All in all it was great to be there live, it was a great week to escape work and reality as a whole.... My wife and I met several people at Axxess that said this was there 4th and 5th Wrestlemania and she and I couldn't understand how you could travel from state to state and follow Wrestlemania.... until we experienced it ourselves for the first time and now we have both said that next year we have to be in Miami for Wrestlemania 28!

Disclaimer- Please do not read this if you are a wrestling mark because you will not agree with ANYTHING I have to say. I define a mark as a little kid or woman who likes Cena or Orton because they are "cool" or "look hot" and not because of anything relevant like their actual ability to wrestle. If you do read my posts you will notice that I tend to favor the guys that can actually wrestle and I am a very pro heel guy, so just a warning before you move on with the reading...

Since I haven't really been around to do my week by week recap I am combining my thoughts from the last three RAWs.... This first RAW was the one after Wrestlemania which I was at and was pretty much annoyed all night by the people sitting behind us.... We had a "smart" wrestling fan behind us, who kept talking and trying to show off what wrestling knowledge he thought he had, but in reality all he proved is that he can get on the internet and look up shit on wikipedia and wrestlezone! Saying outrageous things, but the biggest one of all is "That's Sin Cara he's just like Rey Mysterio, but better!" Uhh yeah on what planet? Sin Cara's botched so many spots I thought I was watching a Jackie Gayda match! Then we had two females with Cena shirts on right behind us saying Mysterio can't wrestle and all this crap it was just very frustrating to be around clueless marks all night...

The beginning of the night was a shock seeing Triple H come out and basically tell Taker he is waiting on him when he comes back... Then you got Lawler facing Swagger to further the whole Cole humiliating Lawler/JR thing which happened by Swagger putting the King in the ankle lock and Cole pouring BBQ sauce in JR's eyes and face as Cole took his spot in the Cole mine to call the rest of the broadcast with Josh Matthews and Booker T....

Then there was a good tag match between Punk & Rhodes against Orton & Mysterio which took a good amount of time and went back and forth before the faces eventually won the match...

Stone Cold brought out the tough enough guys and gals to a chant of "stun them all" and Miz came out and interrupted which ultimately led to Alex Riley taking a stunner to end the segment...

Del Rio beat Bourne in a squash match just to get Del Rio a Win on RAW I guess.... Then Vicki teamed with Dolph to face Trish & Morrison and I was happy to see them give Ziggler and Morrison ring time since they didn't get any the night before at Mania.... Speaking of giving people time they didn't get at Mania they had the Sheamus and Daniel Bryan U.S Title match which was pretty good as Sheamus retained and jumped Bryan after the match which set up the debut of Sin Cara running out and attacking Sheamus for his debut...

The ending was a long segment between Cena and Rock just to set up the main event for Wrestlemania 28 to sell early tickets and then the Corre tried to interfere, but Rock and Cena took care of them before ending the show... I don't like Cena or Rock, but I want to be there when they do go one on one!

The 4/11 edition was highlighted by the shocking announcement that due to a severe neck injury that Edge has been forced to retire! My wife said "I'm glad they did this this week and not last week while we were there because I don't like crying in front of people I don't know" I thought the Edge speech should have come at the end of the show because after it was over I didn't care about the 5 man gauntlet main event.... I was happy this wasn't the RAW we got live in Atlanta not just because of the Edge thing, but because Brie Bella wrestled and actually won the Divas Title!

Sin Cara made his wrestling debut against Primo and botched a few moves, but his finisher was very impressive! The Corre came out arguing, but was able to pull it together to beat Santino, Henry, Bryan and Bourne, a team that Santino called APPLE lol!

The King then took on Swagger with the stipulation that if Swagger wins then Cole can retire undefeated and never has to wrestle Lawler again, but if the King won then he got one more match with Cole and can name his own stipulation and with JR in his corner, the King won and after Cole slapped Swagger and blamed him for losing, Lawler made a tag match pitting him and JR against Swagger and Cole at Extreme Rules!

A bit of a shock in the 5 man gauntlet as Dolph beat Orton as the Nexxus returned and distracted Orton and then attacked him in the ring... Then R Truth beat Dolph and Morrison to face Cena to determine who would face the Miz for the WWE Title at the PPV, but Miz and Riley jumped both men before the match could end as the RAW GM made the PPV match a triple threat between R Truth, Cena and Miz.... It shocked me that R Truth was put into the PPV and I didn't really understand why until the next RAW....

The 4/18 edition of RAW was highlighted by an R Truth heel turn as he put his shot at the Title on the line and lost to John Morrison to begin RAW and then Truth destroyed JoMO by attacking him in the post match and even lighting up a cigarette and blowing it in his face... I personally like the R Truth heel turn I mean they weren't really doing anything with the guy as a face, so why not make him a heel?

Dolph comes out with a nice new look and once again Evan Bourne gets squashed on RAW... What A Shock!

The whole Micheal Cole being knighted thing was ridiculous and just another pointless segment in this whole feud with the King that thank God will be over soon! And the whole making JR kiss his nasty foot thing was equally awful!

They found a way to protect Sin Cara sort of by putting him in a tag match with Cena to face Miz and A Ri, even though he did still botch a few spots, however he and Cena got the win....

Eve beat Nikki Bella and Sheamus beat Santino in the category of who cares! The main event was a Wrestlemania rematch between Punk and Orton and it was a rematch from Mania in that Punk carried the match, but Orton won the match and then Nexxus came out to attack, but of course in the end Orton catches Punk with another RKO to humiliate him and end the show!

If you like my journal and wanna follow me on facebook send your friend request to Erik Bryant or follow me on twitter and I will return the follow...

Alright everyone I've been hearing a few rumors throughout the course of a few days saying things like Vince Mcmahon might send Miz and the WWE belt to SD and move Del Rio to Raw, have him beat Christian at the PPV and have the World Title on RAW.... I'm also hearing that either Cena or Orton have to be moved over to Smackdown to give the brand a major babyface, but I doubt they would move Cena because they will be hyping up the Cena vs. Rock Mania match all year! I've also heard that they might switch over some mid carders to give them a different scenery and a better shot at doing something. I really don't know what will take place and reading reports as of 7 pm Vince doesn't exactly know what he is gonna do either, so this is my draft, this is how I would fix the rosters if I were in charge...

To Smackdown from RAW:

Bella Twins- Because all the divas who can't really wrestle should be there
DH Smith- Maybe they will do something with him there like give him a gimmick! I mean look how many they gave his father
Evan Bourne- He can job just as easily on SD can't he?
The Usos- Put a tag division together on SD to use them!
Mark Henry- Send him over to face Big Zeke a few times
Melina- She's lost some of her steam, so let her earn her stripes back by competing with the bad wrestling divas on SD
Primo- I would love to see the Cruiserweights go to SD and reform the Division, but that won't happen because people might actually want to see that, so move him there just because
R-Truth- let him take his new heel gimmick to SD and get over a little if he can
Sin Cara- His matches can be edited here
Ted Dibiase- It's time that Teddy starts winning again and you can establish him as a heel on SD
Tyson Kidd- Another Cruiserweight
Yoshii Tatsu- See Tyson Kidd

And the two big stars to move to SD...

Daniel Bryan- I think he is the best pure wrestler in the WWE and he could become a major player on SD and then come back to RAW after he is more established; Maybe have him beat Sheamus tonight for the U.S. Title then get drafted right after
Randy Orton- Because RAW isn't big enough for two egos.. I mean uhh stars like Orton and Cena and you know Cena ain't going nowhere, so yeah...

Going to RAW from SD:

Jack Swagger- Use Cole as a heel manager to help continue to get Jack over and he can be a major heel
Drew Mcintyre- He might do better on another show as a heel or perhaps a face
Cody Rhodes- Yeah I think he is ready to be back on the A show and perform as a top heel
Beth Phoenix- Because that's where the real women wrestlers need to be
Michelle Mccool- See Beth Phoenix
Undertaker- He won't be on tv that much anyway this year, but when he does appear he should be on the best show
Wade Barrett- Time for Wade to come back to RAW and bring the IC Title with him

This would give RAW Cena as the top face with Morrison and then maybe a face turn for Mcintyre or Barrett and the heels of Miz, Punk, Sheamus and then guys like Cody and Dolph in the mid card range

Then SD would have the super face in Orton and then Christian, Mysterio and Daniel Bryan and the heels would be Del Rio and then they could develop Dibiase, Big Zeke and R-Truth into star heels as well

I'm sure this won't be the way it goes, but that's just how I would do it!

If you like my journals anmd want to friend me on facebook send your requests to Erik Bryant or follow me on Twitter @eab2940

Yesterday I wrote a preview to the 2011 WWE draft listing the people I would move to RAW and Smackdown and now that the draft is over I will re-list them and see how I did and then list the entire list of draftees... So this is what I had yesterday going into the draft.

To Smackdown from RAW:

Bella Twins- Because all the divas who can't really wrestle should be there
DH Smith- Maybe they will do something with him there like give him a gimmick! I mean look how many they gave his father
Evan Bourne- He can job just as easily on SD can't he?
The Usos- Put a tag division together on SD to use them!
Mark Henry- Send him over to face Big Zeke a few times
Melina- She's lost some of her steam, so let her earn her stripes back by competing with the bad wrestling divas on SD
Primo- I would love to see the Cruiserweights go to SD and reform the Division, but that won't happen because people might actually want to see that, so move him there just because
R-Truth- let him take his new heel gimmick to SD and get over a little if he can
Sin Cara- His matches can be edited here
Ted Dibiase- It's time that Teddy starts winning again and you can establish him as a heel on SD
Tyson Kidd- Another Cruiserweight
Yoshii Tatsu- See Tyson Kidd

And the two big stars to move to SD...

Daniel Bryan- I think he is the best pure wrestler in the WWE and he could become a major player on SD and then come back to RAW after he is more established; Maybe have him beat Sheamus tonight for the U.S. Title then get drafted right after
Randy Orton- Because RAW isn't big enough for two egos.. I mean uhh stars like Orton and Cena and you know Cena ain't going nowhere, so yeah...

I got 9 of these right with Orton, Henry and Sin Cara moving over last night and then the Usos, Kidd, Yoshi, Bryan, and Dibiase moving today in the supplemental draft. I think with Kidd, Yoshi and Sin Cara joining SD and Chavo already being there it could be the start of the rebirth of the Cruiserweight Division, but as I said yesterday I don't see that happening, but if it were to happen then investing in Jay Lethal would not be a bad move... Dibiase needs the new scenerary and maybe now he can get back onto his winning ways... The whole Henry turning heel thing could be interesting and might be a last run thing for Henry before he retires probably at the end of the year.... Orton moving over was obvious to give team blue a big babyface

Going to RAW from SD:

Jack Swagger- Use Cole as a heel manager to help continue to get Jack over and he can be a major heel
Drew Mcintyre- He might do better on another show as a heel or perhaps a face
Cody Rhodes- Yeah I think he is ready to be back on the A show and perform as a top heel
Beth Phoenix- Because that's where the real women wrestlers need to be
Michelle Mccool- See Beth Phoenix
Undertaker- He won't be on tv that much anyway this year, but when he does appear he should be on the best show
Wade Barrett- Time for Wade to come back to RAW and bring the IC Title with him

I only listed 6 of these and got 3 right with Mcintyre, Swagger and Phoenix going over... I hear they were gonna put Taker over to RAW, but at the last minute decided not to... After seeing the real draft I see why they kept Cody on SD because they don't have that many people left... I figured Barrett would move over because I thought maybe Sheamus would be moved and it would switch the IC and U.S Title to different shows, but apparently they don't mind having both the mid card titles on SD...

Here is the entire draft listing:

The eight picks on RAW last night were

John Cena- drafted to RAW then back to SD at the end of the night
Rey Mysterio- RAW
Randy Orton- Smackdown
Mark Henry- Smackdown
Sin Cara- Smackdown
Big Show- RAW
Alberto Del Rio- RAW

And the supplemental draft picks are:

Daniel Bryan to Smackdown.
Jack Swageer to RAW.
Great Khali to Smackdown.
Jimmy Uso to Smackdown.
Kelly Kelly to RAW.
JTG to RAW.
Alicia Fox to Smackdown.
William Regal to Smackdown.
Yoshi Tatsu to Smackdown.
Drew McIntyre to RAW.
Natalya to Smackdown
Curt Hawkins to RAW.
Chris Masters going to RAW.
Jey Uso to Smackdown.
Kofi Kingston to RAW.
Ted DiBiase to Smackdown.
Tyson Kidd to Smackdown.
Tamina going to Smackdown.
Tyler Reks to RAW.
Alex Riley going to Smackdown.
Beth Phoenix to RAW.
Sheamus to Smackdown.

It seems like RAW has stacked the roster with the additions of Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger and Drew Mcintyre to go with John Cena, Miz, Morrison, Ziggler and CM Punk... They should have enough talent now on the roster that they don't have to waste time putting announcers in the ring! Now for the top faces you have Cena, Mysterio, Morrison, Show and Kofi and the heels are Miz, Del Rio, Punk, Swagger, Ziggler and Mcintyre unless they make Drew a face and then they might try and build Hawkins or Reks up as a future star... I can't wait to see Beth Phoenix feud with Kharma, but I'm still not sure why they drafted Kelly Kelly to RAW....

The SD roster isn't really that bad when you look at it I mean they did lose a lot, but adding Orton, Bryan and Sheamus can really help them out, so now you got Orton, Bryan and Christian who can be big time faces while Sheamus, Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett can be the main heels with guys like Dibiase, Henry and Big Zeke developing into big heels and they can further develop guys like Barretta, Riley, Slater, Gabriel and Clay. You also have guys like Sin Cara, Kane and Khali who can help to make good feuds like feeding Khali to big Zeke or having Sin Cara fight guys like Tyson Kidd or Justin Gabriel, plus Michelle Mccool has Natalya back on SD to fight some more, so all in all they should be fine.

Any comments? Feel free to respond and let me know what you think. If you like my journals and want to friend me on facebook send your requests to Erik Bryant or follow me on Twitter @eab2940

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back