EB's Wrestling Journal: Results and thoughts on last week's RAW

oldschoolfan1985

Dark Match Jobber
Last week was the draft lottery show where the WWE "shakes things up again" I personally thought the draft was kind of week, but the show over all was decent. The drafting of Cena to SD to start the show and then being re-drafted to RAW at the end was very predictable to me. I was asleep off and on, so my wife taped the show for me to watch, but I woke up at the end and half awake I told her after RAW's team won the six man tag that Cena was going back to RAW and I of course was right! Starting the show off with a battle royal was pretty cool, but usually the battle royal winners get two draft picks and not just one. I thought they could have had more on air draft picks by making the matches worth two picks a piece instead of just one. I loved the Cody Rhodes promo for his match with Rey at Extreme Rules. I really think they are building Cody the right way and bringing him along nicely. R- Truth cut a heel promo and then was attacked by John Morrison to further their feud and the same with the Layla/Mccool segment as well. Wasting ten minutes on JR vs. Cole was once again pointless and proved to be bad because JR broke his damn hand after the bone got broke by striking Cole's teeth! It is hard not to have a injury from a non wrestler when they are competing against another non wrestler because who is going to protect who? At least with Lawler vs. Cole, Jerry can kind of take care of Cole and make sure he doesn't suffer a major injury or cause one either, but this whole Cole competing in the ring thing is well past being entertaining because personally it never was to begin with for me! All in all the show served it's purpose to build up some of the main storylines going into Extreme Rules, but they kind of gave away the outcome of a few matches to me especially by putting Alberto Del Rio on RAW because you knew that Christian would win the World Title and keep it on SD! I'm sure tonight we will start building up for the next PPV which I hear is three weeks away which is another thing I think should be changed because it is hard to develop decent feuds and storylines when you have a ppv every other week, but that's another topic for another day and journal entry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back