• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early WM28 Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's #1 In My Heart

Getting Noticed By Management
According to Wrestlezone.com (that is where we are...)

After speaking with sources I have learned the early plans as of now for next years WrestleMania 28 card.

Obviously The Rock vs John Cena and the plan is to have the WWE title be on the line in that match.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho would also be on the card. A rematch between Triple H and The Undertaker is rumored to take place at this years SummerSlam.

Triple H would go to WrestleMania next year going up against The Miz.

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio.

And the celebrity involvement that the WWE is hoping for is Big Show in a match against retired NBA star Shaq.

These plans are all subject to change between now the start of 2012 based on injuries and other factors. As of now, this is the card that the WWE is looking to have for WrestleMania 28 in Miami.

What do you think of this as a potential start of WM28 planning?

I like almost all those matches, they all seem like dream matches at this moment. Chris Jericho as Undertaker's 20th opponent? Do you really think he provides a threat? Would people really think Jericho has a chance? I mean I like Jericho.. probably my favorite wrestler... but I highly doubt WWE would let him beat the Undertaker.

I'd rather see Taker take on a young wrestler who has the potential to beat him and get a push in the eyes of the wwe universe. Drew McIntrye would be great if he could channel the aggression from this years Elimination Chamber.. after all he is Mr. McMahon's "Chosen One"... so you would never truly know if the Undertaker would retain his streak against him.

I'd also like to see something creative at this years Wrestlemania rather than a bunch of 1v1 matches that probably will be rushed like this years WM. How about giving us a Fatal 4-Way or 6 Pack Challenge for the Intercontinental Championship...

As far as Triple H and The Miz... I don't want HHH to come back for 1 match and just start a feud up over night... I'd like to see HHH actually work for a few months rather than just jumping into a WM card every year without doing much prior work... kinda unfair if he gets to jump in at every WM while the rest of the roster works full year and doesn't even get a spot because he takes up 30 minutes... (Daniel Bryan).

Anyways thats what I'd change.. but don't get me wrong.. I like that card a lot better than this last years card.

The Rock vs John Cena
A waste of a main event, and a waste of a title match at WM28. This match doesn't need to take place what so ever. The WWE title also does not need to be in this match, is Cena going to be Champ from now until after WM28?

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho.
Jericho has already beat Taker on several occasions, so the point behind this match is.....? I know your'e all going to chime in with Takers streak, Takers streak blah blah blah, putting Jericho in this match doesn't help Jericho, and it does nothing for Taker. This match should be reserved for a younger talent so they can get the rub from Taker at WM.

(Triple H and The Undertaker SummerSlam the rubber match where Triple H gets the win he should of got at WM27? or will Taker be able to give us more than 4 matches in a calender year?)

Triple H vs The Miz
This could be good Triple does a good job of making others shine in the ring, and since hes in the twilight of his career putting the Miz over would be a great push for the Miz. Imagine the Promos, the build up, the violence these two could bring to a feud.

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.
How is the set up for this match going to happen with Del Rio on Raw and Orton on Smackdown?Is Del Rio going to win the Rumble again? MITB? Elimination Chamber? Will the WHC be involved in this match?

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
Is this going to be a Raw vs Smackdown match at WM?

Big Show vs Shaq
This has yuck-fest written all over it.

So far I only see two matches that are interesting to me-
Triple H vs Miz
Sin Cara vs Mysterio

I don't care about the Rock, Takers streak, Orton in any capacity at this point, Big Show, or Shaq so overall I think this a terrible card and I hope a lot changes in the next 9 months to fix it.

What about the IC/US Titles?
Where are the Tag Titles?
Where's the Diva's Match?
Where's Cole vs Lawler @WM 2?

Where are the spots for...
CM Punk?
Alex Riley?
R-Truth?
Christian?
Kingston?
Cody Rhodes?
Mason Ryan?
Sheamus?
Jack Swagger?
Dolph Ziggler?
John Morrison? (although I find him terrible)

Wasting time with things like Rock vs Cena, Taker vs Jericho, and Big Show vs Shaq take away valuable time for the development of other stars that the WWE needs to churn out. Once its crop of heavy hitters finally steps away (Taker, Jericho, Triple H, Kane, Big Show, Mysterio, Christian, Henry) their going to be lacking star power. Unless they start pushing the younger guys theres going to be a drastic decline in WWE Programing while they shuffle to develop new stars.

The Rock vs John Cena - This is happening, we already know that. And yes, I'm sure it's going to be for the WWE title. Cena will not lose, that's not even up for debate.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho
If it happens, I won't be upset. Would be a great match, and a great program. However....

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton
I would rather see Jericho vs. Orton, and Taker vs. Del Rio. Orton and Jericho would probably steal the show, and the feud leading up would be nothing short of amazing (especially since they would be headlining Smackdown the whole way through, with one of them more than likely winning the Rumble).

Triple H vs. The Miz
Could definitely be a killer feud. And no, HHH doesn't need to lose. If he were to win, I wouldn't complain. I'm sure 99.85% of the IWC would, but, it's wrestling -- it's not real.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
No shocker here. A passing of the torch, I would guess. Sin Cara has done absolutely nothing for me, so far, so I'm not sure I would care. Decent spot fest, no question, but the "I respect you" thing couldn't last that long.

Big Show vs. Shaq
I'm a mark for Big Shaq, no question, so I wouldn't mind seeing this. Shaq is as athletic as they come (even at his age) for his size, and is a trained fighter. IF Shaq can commit to making this a month or so long feud, it could be really good.

I personally would love to see Ziggler v Morrison for the wwe title on the card. It would be a wrestlemania classic

Looking at the early plans it seems Vince will hit the 1m PPV buys with ease.

The only concern I have about them matches is Undertaker vs Chris Jericho. Yes it is a new fued but for some reason I have no interest in these two facing off - yet I am sure plenty do. Jericho for me, isnt a believable opponent for The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. He has become a glorified jobber putting over talent. I would love them to bring in Sting or Goldberg or even Hogan but I suppose we have to be realistic about it, extremely slim chances of that happening.

I would much rather see Chris Jericho vs The Miz and Undertaker face off against Triple H again.

Just one mans opinion.

Why do most people think that Jericho vs Taker is a bad idea? I love the thought of it!
Triple H and The Miz will be a good match, and shoot Miz to stardom.
Cara vs Mysterio sounds good on paper. But it will be full of spots.
Del Rio vs Orton sounds like a show stealer, on a lesser PPV. But at the big time, The Miz will steal it IMO.
The Rock vs Cena should be a good match, but I don't wanna see it. Just for ratings, it'll turn into no DQ, and you'll have people like Austin and McMahon involved.

Big show and Shaq? Just no.

Why do most people think that Jericho vs Taker is a bad idea? I love the thought of it!
Triple H and The Miz will be a good match, and shoot Miz to stardom.
Cara vs Mysterio sounds good on paper. But it will be full of spots.
Del Rio vs Orton sounds like a show stealer, on a lesser PPV. But at the big time, The Miz will steal it IMO.
The Rock vs Cena should be a good match, but I don't wanna see it. Just for ratings, it'll turn into no DQ, and you'll have people like Austin and McMahon involved.

Big show and Shaq? Just no.

I dont think Jericho vs Taker is a bad idea, its very original if anything and I applaud WWE, I just don't have alot of interest in that particular match, which si strange because both are great!

Maybe they could even build Mason Ryan over the next 9/10 months and have him as a monster heel. That would be more interesting for me.

There is only one match on that card that we know for sure its going to happen and that is The Rock vs John Cena.
The only reason I wanna see that match is just so i can see The Rock own cena in the ring.As far as the other rumor matches in the card the ones that sound interesting are the miz vs hhh and sin cara vs rey mysterio.These two matches have potential to be great fueds if booked right.The undertaker vs chris jericho doesn't have that dream match feel to me nor does it convince me that jericho could possibly end taker's streak.Randy Orton vs Alberto del rio could be a great fued but it would have to be booked right.And big show vs shaq... it will be like big show vs mayweather which was boring and pathetic.But quite frankly were still months away from wm 28 which means anything can happen.Someone might get injure or something and so we can't really say exactly what matches are planned for wm 28

I'm gonna have to agree with FrenchKiss up there, where's Punk? Christian?
Obviously these are tentative plans and obviously things will change but a large chunk of the roster that people would like to see at Mania is just ignored?

I for one wouldn't be thrilled at it, there are some decent looking matches and almost every on the tentative card has the POTENTIAL to be a good match. WE'll just see what happens

This entire rumored card (with the exception of Rock vs. Cena) probably won't happen. I remember in just February, there were Mania 27 match rumors, and many of them did not happen. For discussion's sake, let's say this is it.

Rock vs. Cena - completely excited for it, and has actually convinced me to shell out the money to make my way down to Miami to see it live. Does it need to be for the WWE title? Not really, but whatever. It's the match itself that is most important.

Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho - while they have faced each other in the past, they have never had a real one-on-one, prolonged program together. Seeing it happen at Wrestlemania would be fantastic. Jericho at Wrestlemania always delivers, as does Taker (even in his old age). It would be a good reason for the Jericho character to return as well. "I've done everything, blah blah, but I haven't ended the streak." Perfect. Do it.

Triple H vs. Miz - if Triple H decides to put Miz over, this would truly be a passing of the torch. I'd love to see the promos they do on each other, and I think it would be a very entertaining feud.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton - eh, whatever.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio - Rey is near the end of his WWE career, and not since Chavo has he really had the opportunity to work with someone who can keep up with his style. Yes, injuries have slowed him down over time, but I think this match would be terrific. This is another case where it would be a passing of the torch. Rey is likely to leave next year. What better way to go out than to face "the next Rey Mysterio?"

Shaq vs. Big Show - this is something wrestling and sports fans alike have wanted to see for quite some time. After Shaq was the special guest host of RAW a couple years ago, that thought really heated up, but then died back down. Now that Shaq is retired, this match is a possibility, and will get Vince a ton of money and coverage leading into his biggest show of the year.

If this card were to actually happen, I'd be crazy excited for the entire thing. The only thing that could make it absolutely perfect is if WWE convinces Austin to hit the ring one last time to face CM Punk.

Whoever yawned about Taker vs Jericho needs serious help. Do you guys even realize Gonzales, Henry, Boss Man, Bundy, and A-Train are on The Streak?! This is Chris f***ing Jericho we're talking about!! This is legend vs legend, dude!!!

How could u think it should be a youngster facing Undertaker in his 20th Wrestlemania win, which is supposed to be the biggest Wrestlemania victory in Taker's career?! What, does McIntyre or Sheamus or Barrett or The Miz has more credibility than Jericho for The Streak's 20th win?! Jericho is the biggest name in the current roster Taker hasn't faced yet. The 20th victory can't be bigger than against him!!

I won't be surprised if Taker vs Jericho steals the show from Rock vs Cena. Honest.

ok whos the ****** who said ziggler v. morrison for the wwe title?????? first of all look at the match they had at WM 27 they were overshadowed by snooki! SNOOKIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes no doubt one or maybe both of them are gonna be a world champ (dont kno if u would really consider ziggler a champ) but its gonna take them longer to get there. especially for morrison after the whole trish stratus thing.

Cena vs rock IMO is gonna be more entertaining then we are all putting on, come closer to wm, rock will be on raw every week and this will be a draw that wwe hasn't seen in a long time

Miz vs HHH would be great to put Miz over even if he doesn't win the match

Orton vs Del Rio- make it a submissions only math or something, something to eliminate the quick RKO win and make it believable that he will lose... But you already knew that

Big show vs Shaq...not a bad idea seeing as the only celebrity match on the card this year was their own creation, the Rock..big draw on ESPN and lots of buys

Jericho vs Undertaker...I wanna see a five minute walls of Jericho where Undertaker doesn't tap, then win #20

And finally Sin Cara vs Mysterio...I know it already happened on Smackdown! But myself, like 90% of the IWC doesn't watch Smackdown!, so it's new to me

I would like to see thrown in is Christian CM Punk for the sheer wrestling aspect of it, and just because Austin vs Punk makes no sense with their two insanely opposite characters, yeah the IWC knows, but the average fan would simply just be left scratching their heads as to why the hell is this happening

Hell

Looks like a good card. I predicted Del Rio vs. Orton. Orton in his prime was just as cocky, brash & arrogant as Del Rio is, so it should be a good match.

While I still like the thought of Taker vs. Jericho, Jericho just doesn't seem threatening & has been basically a jobber at times. With Taker being weakened down at the past two WM's, I was hoping for a serious threat to go up against Taker like Austin or Batista or even Kane again, so it would look like Taker has a easy chance to lose but now it doesn't and if this is Taker's last match, Jericho just isn't the ideal opponent for him to go out to. Plus they already had a match back on Smackdown and it was nothing special, so I expect nothing special here too. Only the promos they cut on each other before WM is what's gonna be so good about this.

As far as HHH goes, well I don't mind him facing The Miz but I think Jericho would be a better opponent for Miz as they are so alike. HHH vs. Punk would be good unless if Austin were to face Punk, that's if Punk is in WWE at the time. Or maybe Drew McIntyre or Christian could get a huge rub off of facing HHH.

Cena vs. Rock & Cara vs. Mysterio I like, two dream matches but I don't think Cena vs. Rock should happen for the belt cause the match is already bigger than the title itself and it might be obvious that Cena will win cause Rock won't stick around but Cena will.

Oh and Shaq vs. Show looks good on card too.

I've seen too many people say "Jericho isn't threatening". So? Undertaker went up against "threatening" guys like Giant Gonzales and King Kong Bundy. How good were those matches? It's also a fake sport and it's been well known Taker won't lose.

I want a good match and Jericho and Taker could deliver that.

Rock/Cena for the title would make it get even more buzz since some people would say "Will Rock win the wwe title?"

Besides there are no two guys on Raw that could fill the shoes for Cena for a title match. Especially from what I'm seeing now.

And finally Sin Cara vs Mysterio...I know it already happened on Smackdown! But myself, like 90% of the IWC doesn't watch Smackdown!, so it's new to me
It hasn't happened on Smackdown. And people should watch it, it's an actual wrestling show with good feuds.

Card sounds great to me.

Rock vs. Cena is obviously the big one we all know we happen. If the psychology is right it will be great. Questions like who the crowd will cheer for etc all just ad to the occasion.

Jericho vs. Taker great in my opinion. Jericho can carry Taker even in his current shape to a great match and he's a perfect name to have on the streak. Takers last Mania match I would assume.

HHH vs Miz perfect opponent for Miz and HHH.

Del Rio vs Orton has the potential to be a match stealer.

Sin Cara vs Mysterio again potential to be a match stealer.

Shaq vs Big Show it won't be pretty but it doesn't have to be.

Don't see the point of getting excited about it yet, things will change right up to the last minute.

The Rock vs John Cena
A waste of a main event, and a waste of a title match at WM28. This match doesn't need to take place what so ever. The WWE title also does not need to be in this match, is Cena going to be Champ from now until after WM28?

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho.
Jericho has already beat Taker on several occasions, so the point behind this match is.....? I know your'e all going to chime in with Takers streak, Takers streak blah blah blah, putting Jericho in this match doesn't help Jericho, and it does nothing for Taker. This match should be reserved for a younger talent so they can get the rub from Taker at WM.
just a few points here, you have no idea how the business works do you? You should try to look at this with an objective, realistic way. You don`t care about the Rock and the streak? Most people care and that what matters.
You say you don`t care about the steak but yet it will be the second selling point of the PPV. Why not vs. a new talent? No match vs. a new talent would make fans look forward to the PPV...this is a fact, pure and simple. Remember when they had Taker vs. Barret planned? They actually started the feud but eventually dropped it. You know why? Nobody cared...people want to see Taker vs. the likes of HHH and Jericho. The streak will prevail, high profile matches is the only thing that keeps it interesting. There has never been a true feud worked between these 2, never and this is something that will please many many fans and will sell the PPV. It has a lot of potential and Jericho will know how to build himself as a credible opponent. There really ain`t many other matches that will get people to be interested in the streak next year.

Rock vs. Cena. I agree it is a waste of a title match, because it basically means Cena will win...it any case he will probably win but putting the title on the line makes it a 100% certain..which sucks. AS for it being a main event, of course it will be the main event, this match is as big as a match can get...a typical wrestlemania attraction...the Rock whether you like him or not, is an icon who is known beyond the ring and the fact that he takes on the biggest name in wwe current=main event. The buzz around this main event will be unique. Look at the buyrates of the last wrestlemania, it would be down right naive to think the Rock had nothing to do with it..he had a lot to do with the rise. Remove the Rock`s return and the trend of decrease in buy rates of previous Wrestlemanias would have continued..no doubt about it. Cena vs. Miz didn`t sell as a main event, Rock involvement and the rivalry with Cena sold the main event. You don`t like the Rock?Well sorry to break it you, most people want to see him a wrestlemania, again you are in the minority. You talk about the the 'heavy hitters" stepping away for the new talents, that`s great but not many of them can sell a wrestlemania, that is the sad truth of the WWE today...they need the heavy hitters. Out of your list, only CM Punk has that potential. That`s why it`s the Rock and Taker who will be the main selling point of wrestlemania next year, they have no choice. Not other matches on the card (unless Vince pulls something shocking) will attract people as these 2, with Rock vs.Cena being the obvious main event.

I like it.

John Cena vs. The Rock for the WWE Championship? Well, I really don't see the reason to have the WWE Title involved, because it takes away another potential Championship match. But, anyway, it's a drea match and Cena will win, obviously. Anyone to arue that is a downright fool.

Undertaker vs. Jericho has all the possibilities to be a great match. First of all, Undertaker has never faced Jericho at this caliber match, an Jericho (besides Cena) is really the only man left who have any possiblity to end the streak. Not a knock on the current younf superstar's, but I think Undertaker last Wrestlemania match (if this is his last one) will feature a former World Champion and one of the greatest of all time in Chris Jericho.

Triple H vs. The Miz? Hell yes! I would love to have this match happen becuase it would be a great way to put over the Miz, and the rivalry should be all the more fantastic.

Del Rio vs. Randy Orton. I think this match will be good, but I wonder if Randy will be World Champion or not, or Dle Rio win's the Rumble again? Anyway, Championship or not, it's a great high caliber match for Del Rio to be in.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio is what it is, a pass the torch match.

Shag vs. Big Show is what is probably the most likely thing, with an exception for the Cena/Rock match, that will happen at Wrestlemania, it's almost like it's for sure. Shaq will bring great exposure to Wrestlemania, and Big Show is sure as hell not against putting over the celebrity guest.

It's just the sense that where are guy's like Christian, CM Punk, R-Truth, Morrison, Sheamus, Barret, Bryan, Rhodes, Swagger, Kingston, McIntrye, Riley? That's why I seriously, seriously think WWE should bring back Money In The Bank for Wrestlemania. Gives fan's those "holy shit" moment's, and give's young superstar's a chance to shine. I just don't see the point in having a PPV that has less than 200,000 buy's to having the match at Wrestlemania. What happened at this past Wrestlemania with The Rock blabbing for 15 minutes that caused a potential show stealer in Daniel Bryan v. Sheamus to be bumped was sad, that could've been a great way to kick of Wrestlemania.

But, nothing's for sure and if we know WWE (or the dirtsheet's) these could not be the plan's at all, and thing's do change at the last minute.

Note to WWE: Bring back Money In The Bank for Wrestlemania.

I think this card looks really good, I dont know why Everyone is bitching about Taker/Jericho just a few months ago before WM27 everyone was saying that Jericho should of took on Taker not HHH, and after WM27 everyone was saying that Jericho should face Taker at WM28 but now that its been rumored everyone is bitching about it, my god people make your minds up!!!!!

but for the rest of the card I think it looks pretty dam good but I think Rock/Cena should'nt be for the WWE title because nither men need it just them being in the ring together screams WM moment.

but WWE need to find away to get Punk,MOrrison,Ziggler,Christan,Barrett and so on onto the card in decent feuds not just throw away matches

Cena v The Rock : Dont need to happen Really Really ? The Rock was the main reason a OK WM got 1 million + Buys which make WWE $$$$ and The Rock v Cena is the biggest match to happen since Hogan v Rock

Undertaker V Jericho : Makes perfect sense really . Give us something new @ WM and also someone who can partyly carry the match with Taker. People one here saying a younger guy can go aginst taker No they cant taker cant do a full blown match with a younger talent and carry the match anymore its 2011 not 2007. Only people i can see taker go aginst and be good matchs are : HHH,Jericho,Punk, Daniel Bryan i rekon could do it also.

everyone is assuming Jericho will come back. If he doesn't I would kind of like to see R Truth take on the Undertaker. If he is still the crazy R truth he can claim it's the only way he can get some respect and it would make the little jimmies cry.

I have a feeling for as long as Taker wrestles at mania from now on it will be "legends" who come out and say they want to break the streak. If that's the case they still have a chance to throw some money at Sting for a dream match or use Foley for one last Taker vs Mankind match (even make it hell in a cell)

As far as Rock/Cena I could see them shocking the world and having Rock win the title only to drop in soon after to someone else they want him to give a rub to.

IF Punk is still with WWE come mania which I doubt and they could pull off a Punk/Austin match they would get insane buys for Mania

Why would WWE have early Wrestlemania plans for CM Punk whern he is out fo contract in around 2/3 months time? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Punk has become a jobber recently and looks like he is on the way out. I hope not but no point making plans for him is there. Anyway should he stick around Punk vs Morrison would be interesting.

Nobody has mentioned R-Truth yet? WWE's 'hottest heel' right now! I'd like to see him Tag with Zeke Jackson.

everyone is assuming Jericho will come back. If he doesn't I would kind of like to see R Truth take on the Undertaker. If he is still the crazy R truth he can claim it's the only way he can get some respect and it would make the little jimmies cry.

I have a feeling for as long as Taker wrestles at mania from now on it will be "legends" who come out and say they want to break the streak. If that's the case they still have a chance to throw some money at Sting for a dream match or use Foley for one last Taker vs Mankind match (even make it hell in a cell)

As far as Rock/Cena I could see them shocking the world and having Rock win the title only to drop in soon after to someone else they want him to give a rub to.

IF Punk is still with WWE come mania which I doubt and they could pull off a Punk/Austin match they would get insane buys for Mania

Foley vs Taker in HIAC. I REALLY like that idea!!! It's a given that Foley will return to WWE in some form. Foley is the most brutal Superstar in WWE History. I would pay to see them go at it again.

Ok, for all the people asking where everyone else is...this is SIX potential matches on a FOUR HOUR SHOW! You really think these matches are going to last 40 minutes each? There's going to be at least 9 or 10 matches on the show, so more people are going to be there.

As for the supposed plans, it looks like a decent card if Shaq agrees to do it. Shaq and Rock are the two biggest draws the WWE could ask for, so getting both would be huge for them.

I don't think Rock-Cena should be for the WWE title, and I don't think it will be. They might plan on it right now, although I doubt it, but if they are I think they'll change their mind. I'd have the title be on the line in the Triple H vs. Miz match, personally. And I definitely think Jericho is a suitable challenger for Undertaker, but I'd put ADR in that spot and have Jericho against Orton.

EDIT: Since others mentioned it, of course Punk vs. Austin would be awesome (for the guy who said the average fan wouldn't get it, are you crazy? Punk is straight edge and Austin loves beer...neither of those are a secret. And the average fan didn't get Rock and Cena hating each other either, but it didn't take them long to explain that.), but who knows if Punk will still be in the company or if Austin will be willing to wrestle again. But if both of those happen, that would be an insanely awesome fued and match, and would really be the icing on the cake for the WWE...Rock, Austin, AND Shaq on one show? That's too good to be true.

This looks like a great money-making Wrestlemania (after all, that is why the WWE exists) as well as a very entertaining Wrestlemania. Here are my thoughts:

The Rock vs John Cena: The fact that anyone on this board would fret at the idea of this match taking place shows the idiocy of the IWC. Fact is, this match is going to put butts in seats and create PPV buys. It brings in money from the younger fans who love John Cena and it brings in money from the older fans who love the Rock. It also creates publicity. This is not simply John Cena vs The Rock. It's John Cena vs Dwayne Johnson. In other words, it's the first match back for a hollywood star, not a wrestler (in the non-wrestling fan's eyes of course). Will it be a wrestling clinic? Of course not. But the atmosphere will be incredible. Does the title need to be on the line? Probably not. But it does give the match more meaning and it does give the match more reason to be the final match of the show.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho: Some people have suggested a younger wrestler take on the Undertaker so that he might be seen as a threat to the streak. If that were the case, I would have to say the obvious choice would be Wade Barrett. He not only has the talent to put on a good match, he's more than capable of putting on great promos both by his mic work and by the character in and of itself. But that's simply not going to happen. Which brings me to Jericho. Why should anyone be frustrated because he doesn't seem to be a credible challenge to the streak? So what? Everyone on here already knows the streak isn't going to end. And every common fan doesn't really care. They just want to see something that's entertaining both in the ring and leading up to the match. And since HHH and Shawn Michaels have both fought him the past three wrestlemania's, Y2J is the obvious choice. Putting him and Taker in the ring together is a guarantee for an instant classic. You can't make that promise with someone young.

Triple H vs. The Miz: I know that Triple H will certainly deliver a lot of intensity and the Miz will do a good enough job to make people hate him. However, this match seems too bland to really care about at this point. They'd need a really heated storyline. Honestly, without the belt Miz seems like less of a superstar at this point.

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton: This isn't really going to draw any buys but that's really not it's purpose. It should suffice as an entertaining match that will probably be forgotten until the following airing of smackdown.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio: This is a match I've been certain WWE has been hoping to have since I realized how hard they were pushing Sin Cara. Fact is, despite probably being an undercard match, it will generate buys. I'm hispanic and I can tell you now, being around a hispanic culture, hispanics will eat this match up. they'll HATE whoever is the heel. And trust me...there WILL be a heel. And they'll LOVE whoever is the face. This will be a can't miss match. Not only will it generate buys, it has a strong chance at being match of the night, if not match of the year.

Big Show vs. Shaq: Obviously it won't be a wrestling clinic. But again, it will generate buys. And that's what matters. It will gain unrelenting publicity from entertainment tonight, news stations, talk shows, and of course ESPN. Shaq is one of the most well known athletes in the world. And when people see it, they'll eat it up.

This looks like a very promising Wrestlemania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back