E and C or The Rockers? - Who's better?

Who was better?

• The Rockers - Shawn Michaels and Marty Jennetty

• E and C - Edge and Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.

Miss Flawless

Why am I arguing with a computer?
In ring wise, who was better? Two of my favourite tag teams.

The Rockers - Accomplishments

-American Wrestling Association
AWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times)

-Central States Wrestling
NWA Central States Tag Team Championship (1 time)

-Continental Wrestling Association
AWA Southern Tag Team Championship (2 times)

-Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked them #33 of the 100 best tag teams during the "PWI Years" in 2003

-Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Tag Team of the Year (1989)

Aside from that, The Rockers were great in the ring. I loved almost all their matches.

Edge and Christian - Accomplishments

-Insane Championship Wrestling
ICW Streetfight Tag Team Championship (1 time)[46]

-New Tokyo Pro Wrestling
NTPW Pro Tag Team Championship (1 time)[47]

-Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Match of the Year (2000) vs. The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz in a Triangle Ladder match at WrestleMania 2000[48]

-PWI Match of the Year (2001) vs. The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-Seven[48]

-Southern States Wrestling
SSW Tag Team Championship (1 time)

-World Wrestling Federation
WWF Tag Team Championship (7 times)
King of the Ring (2001) – Edge[1]
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Tag Team of the Year (2000)

Okay, so Edge and Christian have more accomplishments, but that's just because they've been in more companies. Aside from all that, Edge and Christian were also good in the ring, had some awesome TLC matches.

My pick: The Rockers.
Just because Edge and Christian were more "extreme", doesn't change anything for me. IMO, The Rockers were better in the ring. Edge and Christian were more flashy because of TLC, IMO.

Both tag teams are great, who's better?

Well I like both but I E&C are two of my top three of all time so I have to go with them. Their TLC/Ladder matches were awesome but they werent just extreme wrestlers they could have good regular matches aswell such as at the 2001 Royal Rumble vs The Dudleyz. But the main reasoon I go for them is because of those Ladder and TLC matches the matches from No Mercy, WM 16 and 17 and SSlam 2000 are all amazing and legendary matches and are all probably Top 100 of all time if not higher.

I've always been a big fan of Edge and Christian, they were both hilarious as well as great in-ring performers. They definitely helped revive a slowly dying tag team division, and they got the accomplishments that would pretty much make for them to seem like one of the greatest tag teams at least in WWE history.

However The Rockers probably revolutionized tag team wrestling as a whole, they innovated new tag combinations and 2 man moves, which made tag team wrestling something special in the way that we were seeing awesome innovative styles as well as a charismatic over tag team in The Rockers. Always thought it was a shame that they didn't really win the WWE tag team championships.

However from personal preference, I'm gonna say Edge and Christian, not because I think they're better, but because I just have an overall bigger joy in watching them wrestle, especially in their ladder and TLC matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back