DX- Stale as Can Be

Exist2Inspire51

Dark Match Winner
I think that DX has been getting a little stale lately because of the PG era. Since they are not allowed to do what DX used to be able to I think that they should change some stuff with them a little bit just to make them a little less stale. I think that they should use the RUN DMC entrance that they used to have a ways back. Now my question for all of you is do you think that they should do this and do you think it is a better theme for theme? If you havent heard it before here is the link to check it out. Discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goANduVzE-k

the run dmc theme is good but i think they stick with this one bc hunter n hbk are teh original dx and that was there theme, plus who knows how much longer they be together after what was announced on raw with dx being in a 3 way dance

Keep it original. If you remix the song/theme they now use then you know there appealing to the PG Era which is now recognised.
The mix x-pac,Road dogg used a few years ago was cool,but that was their attitude and their music.
I dont think a rapping style DX song would truly make HBK look cool..

DX was lame since it's FIRST return back in '06. Now, it's just sad and a case of the WWE shilling more merchandise. Which sells. I can't blame HHH and HBK for doing that. It's giving them TV time, and gives them matches on PPV and TV without being in the main event scene..until now.

With Cena's title shot against DX at SS, this gives the fans what they want. NO more DX. Even if the faction manages to survive (no pun intended) after the PPV, it's on it last legs and will culminate with a match at Wrestlemania. I've said that already, but DX is nearing the end. It's the WWE giving the faction one last run before HBK ends up retiring.

Considering I don't watch regularly, DX is still a draw for me. It usually means that HHH is far away from the title, and that HBK is getting regular action on TV.

I finally decided to tune in yesterday, hoping for a good show, and they delivered, although the guest hosts were fucking horrible. Kyle got Kofi's name wrong, and then they only had one more segment that I watched (I switched channels following the main event).

DX seems to be working to get rid of Hornswoggle, which right there is reason enough to back them. I saw they also get the title shot at Survivor Series, and surprisingly, I'm OK with it. It's not stale, because we haven't seen HBK in a title match in a while, and it hasn't been in the forefront for HHH in a few months. It should be a good match to watch, and hopefully works towards DX going their own ways again.

I see my post in the HBK thread coming true. HBK blames HHH if they lose, blames him for taking all this punishment, and turns on HHH. I'd love to see HBK turn heel, or at least turn into a badass again. He doesn't have any edge to his character anymore, and he just looks older and more confused as the weeks go on. I'm pretty excited for this, I wanna see how they pull it off, how the build goes. I don't have a problem with DX, they bring some humor to shows that are bland and stale at points. Let 'em keep going.

DX has become awful, back in the day they were actually entertaining but now it´s just pathetic, a few weeks ago Triple H was breaking into Orton´s house to beat him into a bloody mess and now he´s playing the clown.

Their promos are just not what they´re supposed to be, funny ! Their skits aren´t worth mentioning and what´s their gimmick anyway ? Directors of merchandise ? Oh please, HBK could be doing something useful and HHH should actually start putting some people over.

But no, now they´re in the ME of the Survivor Series wow, hopefully we´ll see a classical HBK turn.

I will agree PG DX isnt has funny but they do make fun of the PG rating from time to time, which i know Vince loves and hates both at the same time. DX can and will once again be the DX that we all know and that we all love over the next year because like I have said before, this PG rating thing will NOT last in 2010.

God i hope at SS HHH wins the title and DX end with i dont know jealousy from Shawn that HHH won and they begin to feud and end DX cos post attitude era dx dont hold up like it did in 98

I actually like this DX Run more than the 2006 run which was pretty boring for me. Mostly because all DX did in 2006 was squash The Spirit Squad, Feud with the McMahons and made fun of them. Sure they had a Rated RKO feud but, due to Triple H's injury, it didnt have the proper blow off.

At least this DX reunion helped elevate Legacy, which was needed because Debiase and Rhodes werent looking credible until DX reunited. It also lead to some good programmes with Jericho. Now if only the guest hosts for RAW would stop sucking up to DX.

Maybe we can have Bill O'Reily host Monday night RAW and DX will beat the crap out of him. That would be priceless!!!

For me, there's very little more embarassing than watching two middle aged men trying to act like a couple of 19 year old frat boys. However, an example of that "very little" is whatever the blue frig DX is right now. If DX still qualified as a couple of middle age frat boy wannabes it'd be one thing, but they seem to have degenerated into something even worse and I really don't know how to classify them.

However, I have a feeling that DX isn't gonna be around for much longer given because of the triple threat match with Cena come Survivor Series. On one hand, I think that could be a good thing because I'm just tired of DX altogether. On the other, at least DX has kept Triple H away from the world title picture and I'm more than a little worried that he's headed right back into the WWE Championship picture whenever DX breaks up.

I'm a bit confused; is this thread asking if DX should change it's antics or it's theme music?

I'm surprised you're just now realizing that DX isn't what it used to be. Sure, they're funny on occasion, but have been pretty stale since 2006. Because of the PG era and HBK's faith, DX can't be as edgy as it once was, but they can still be pretty funny when they aren't trying too hard to be.

As far as their music, I love the Run DMC theme and would mark if they used it again. Though it'd be weird to see Shawn Michaels coming out to Run DMC.

The thing about DX is that it was originally HBK's group, not HHH's group. Since 2006, HHH has been the lead over HBK for obvious reasons such as Michael Hicklebottom is a goody two shoes bible man and HHH basically runs the show because he is married to the bosses daughter. If HBK came back as a bad ass, it would work, instead of coming off as comic relief.

It would be cool to see HBK come of as a CM Punk type heel. Basically a Christian heel bashing other people's morals and beliefs like Punk does with people who do drugs and alcohol. I really think DX is on their last legs. They have been thrown together more times then the NWO. It is getting really stale. Triple H and HBK are bad enough when they overact and break kayfabe on every show. Triple H does this constantly talking about his promo and seg 1 on live television.

It's relative to us because we know the terms but do the children in the audience know what a promo or segment is when Triple H is exposing it out in the open on Raw? I don't think I would of wanted Hulk Hogan to go on live television in the 80's when I was 8 years old, breaking kayfabe exposing the show as segments and promos.

When HHH and HBK overact they break character and so does John Cena when he tries to overact resulting in no reaction whatsoever. Maybe some people find it funny, I find it as amusing as getting a tooth pulled. Hopefully DX ends after Survivor Series because it is really outdated. Just like ECW name on Sci Fi is now.

I miss the old DX. The new one isn't funny and they're good when they do crude jokes. When I was 7, I laughed at the Attitude Era DX and compared 2 today, they frankly suck.

I just don't understand how the concept could even work in theory. It's PG, and it's not controversial and it's not spontaneous and absurd like the old DX. The reason DX was so successful in 97-98 was because it was edgy and it was so different from the norm.

they bring some humor to shows that are bland and stale at points.

I have not laughed at a single thing they have done in a long time. Since their initial return...you know, their "last-ever comeback," they haven't been funny AT ALL.

Somebody else already said it, but I'll repeat it - the idea of having DX in a PG era like this is unbelievably absurd.

I have not laughed at a single thing they have done in a long time. Since their initial return...you know, their "last-ever comeback," they haven't been funny AT ALL.

Somebody else already said it, but I'll repeat it - the idea of having DX in a PG era like this is unbelievably absurd.

The only thing I think I got a few chuckles over .... I wouldn't even call them laughs ... is the episode where the segments were taped in Titan Towers Cafeteria where Triple H was looking for Shawn Michaels (supposedly this was filmed in Texas) .... where Michaels superkicked both the manager as well as the little girl.

Of course we had a ton of people declare "Hey, that's NOT PG television", as if Vince pulled the wool over the eyes of the USA Network and got away with something he shouldn't have. Obviously, it was PG television, even with the girl, as the kick wasn't even shown on camera. But whatever floats some people's boats in getting excited because they think they are seeing TV-14 programming and the envelope is being supposedly pushed.

But, yeah this watered-down DX doesn't do a damn thing for me. Vince basically makes money off DX merchandise, as we all know, which is really the only reason he really pushes them together as a group, while living off their past reputations. I'd love to see the profit margin on those Glow Sticks.

I would love for hbk to turn on hhh this will be an awesome fued, because there is so much back story between them, and it would be a great way for hbk to retire, going up against his best friend

I've already seen HBK vs HHH...several times. '04 was their last big rivalry, I know, but it was overbearing even then. Here you have Benoit winning the world title, and it has to take a backseat to them. HHH vs HBK headlined in a non-title capacity while Benoit defended his title in the midcard. Pretty ridiculous stuf, and I thinkit has helped to shape my opinion a bit on how I feel about another rivalry between the two.

I am not a big fan of John Cena (the character), but as world champion he shouldn't play second fiddle to another HHH/HBK program.

You all complain about DX not being funny and how DX should just leave. But what do you want Triple and HBK doing? Everyone hates when Triple H is going for the title, everyone hates when he's in DX, everyone hates when HBK is in DX, everyone hates the new HBK that doesn't do anything cool; so what do you want them to do?

Everyone claims Triple H doesn't put over young talent, but he just made Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase at least look a little better. Everyone doesn't want him near the title, well guess what, he was no where near it for about 2 months until now where HBK and him will be in a title match which everyone wants.

If you sit and watch Raw with the intention you will not like it and will not find DX funny, then you won't. You all need to realize DX will not be what it was back in the attitude era, and i really don't know why that idea that they would even came into any of your minds.

How about this, DX has brought to us everything we have been complaining about:

-Triple H not putting over young talent
-Shawn Michaels
-Shawn Michaels in a title match
-Triple H away from the title (for awhile obviously)

So if you would rather have Triple H vs Orton or Cena for the title every ppv and a tag match between Triple H and Cena vs Orton and Legacy every week, then be my guest. But if you can admit that Triple Vs HBK vs Cena actually sounds like a pretty good match, then guess what, wwe put a match for the title on a ppv that you might actually enjoy.

DX may be stale to you and me good sir, but fact is there are thousands of people in arenas around the country who aren't on Internet message boards. As long as those glowsticks keep going up and the crowd reacts, DX will ALWAYS be over. Unfortunately, there are more wrestling fans than us.

DX should give it up. After HBK got hurt, the great group known as DX was gone. I have to admit Hunter did do a good job with X pac but that was it. I go back to Raw is War and I go damn, DX at their peak. A new theme might help a little

I think that DX has been getting a little stale lately because of the PG era. Since they are not allowed to do what DX used to be able to I think that they should change some stuff with them a little bit just to make them a little less stale. I think that they should use the RUN DMC entrance that they used to have a ways back. Now my question for all of you is do you think that they should do this and do you think it is a better theme for theme? If you havent heard it before here is the link to check it out. Discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goANduVzE-k
If you watched Raw this past Monday ,youd see that DX Werent stale they were fresh!
Myself and my mates have never laughed so hard at both mens comments during commentary and the opening segment.
Hell even Cena came off as funny during their "beat off" promo.

I was expecting a confrontation between the two after Cena was left in the ring,but they got pummeled too. One of the Best Raws this year ..and who to thank? DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back