Does WWE even acknowledge TNA's existence?

rvdfan3

Dark Match Winner
i mean i even remeber once reading online that when wwe wanted sting for the hall of fame 2009 more than half of them didnt even know he was in tna?

Vince once said that he thought TNA's programming was "rephrensible".

That was the same week in which Chris Jericho beat a 60 year old man by the name of Ric Flair until he was bloody.

And Triple H broke into Randy Orton's house with a sledgehammer, threatened his wife, and threw him out of a window and beat him 'til the cops showed up.

It was funny, because Dixie Carter read Vince's interview and thanked him for watching TNA.

TNA hasn't been mentioned on Raw, Smackdown, or ECW, but Vince McMahon knows they exist.

WWE barely refers to/cares about TNA, and why should they? TNA are a new upstart, just like ROH and countless others, with nowhere near the marketability or staying power of WWE.

Vince has no reason to worry about TNA, no reason to know about them, and certainly no reason to care of their existence. In short, TNA is a pollen-filled flower, and WWE is the nasty swarm of bees who go and take whatever they want when they need it, and leave the stuff they don't need anymore there.

You can also go to wwe.com and look under the industry news section because they usually post the results of Impact weekly. So yes WWE does know about TNA and they do acknowledge them to an extent.

Vince knows of TNA's existence. TNA is acquiring some of his greater (to a given extent) disgruntled talent, who more or less have been bent over with no lube and went to cry to Ms. Dixie and Jarrett about it.

But the thing is, Vince really wouldn't give a crap about TNA. He is the megapower in wrestling entertainment, and if he so deems TNA does, in fact, become a threat to him, his company, or his ratings, he'll probably buy them out like WCW and ECW. He can't destroy TNA because TNA has grown a bit strong right now, and his creative team sucks right now (go back to PG-13 ratings and save "Superstars" for the kiddies).

Actually WWE's mentioning TNA in their industry section is like WWE saying to TNA that they arenot even a threat, TNA never been mentioned directly on WWE's programming but they love to take jabs on TNA like when Goldust was confused because of rats or when Chrisitian returned Striker said,"This moment has become INSTANTLY CLASSIC in ECW" and Grisham said,"Christian is going to make a huge IMPACT" but as long as TNA's ratings are below SD's, then WWE will never see them as a threat and will only take jabs at them.

I think its kind off silly though that WWE dont make more reference to TNA in the form of talent.

A perfect example, Christian coming back to the WWE, Why didnt they say this man is a former 3 time TNA World Champion instead of just saying we havent seen Christian since 2002 or whatever yeer it was. Its in a way insulting to us fans, that Vince expects us to just think Christian vanished off the face if the earth for 4 or 5 years and didnt do anythiing else in wrestling.

They don't have to say Christian wasa former TNA champion, but pretending liek the ECW title was the first thing h'd won in 3/4 years is ******ed. He won the NWA title which is way more prestigious than the ECW peice of crap and they should respect that.

I'm reminded of when Eric Bischoff was in charge of WCW and announced that he was challenging Vince McMahon to fight him on a WCW pay-per-view. People were actually asking McMahon if he would do it and Vinnie Mac said that it wouldn't be logical for him to do something that improved the buy rate of the competition's PPV. Makes sense.

The same thing applies here. If WWE starts talking about TNA, it might give viewers a reason to tune into their programming. Better to not mention them at all.

Well, you see Vince doesn't want people to know about TNA. You see, when the wrestlers refer to the WWE as "The other company", or just plain old "WWE" it draws attention to them. But if Vince talks about "the other company" then, it may just get some people to check out TNA. It's actually very smart. TNA doesn't realize that though.

Of course Vince does. Like a previous poster said, he said their programming was "reprehensable." And again, like they said, it was the same week Jericho beat the bejesus out of Flair at the top of Raw. But define reprehensable. Does that mean just some form of bad? Or does it mean that it's bottom of the barrel disgusting? Samoa Joe and his "nation of violence" is just plain bad. But in my eyes, the beating the hell out of Flair until he's bloody on Vince's new "TV-PG" kick, THAT is reprehensable.

But again, TNA is mentioned in the industry news section of the WWE website so Vince does acknowlege them. And to an extent, I believe he should in the "industry" perspective. But as far as on Raw or any of his programming, Vince doesn't really need to. TNA is not a threat to the WWE whatsoever at this point. They don't even have programming that goes head-to-head. So Vince doesn't have anything to worry about. That would be the jock of the high school mentioning the nerd or the fat kid that isn't as popular running away with the low quality ladies. They are hardly going to start banging the cheerleaders being nerds or fat kids. But over time, it could happen. It did with WCW so there's no reason why it can't happen with TNA. Plus, why would he want to on his programming or website or any other medium? That would be like Pepsi putting up a giant billboard with a little Coke symbol in the bottom corner saying "hey, Coke exists." It's just not good for business to mention competition.

Simply put, no.

TNA has been around for nearly five years now, and the only guy we've seen make the full time WWE roster from TNA is R-Truth, and he's become a jobber with a shitty entrance and reduced to performing cartwheels in the ring :fu2:. Sure, Chris Harris had a cup of coffee on ECW, but someone obviously pissed in it because he lasted a whole three or four months in the "E". Now there's news they signed Lance Cade, but it's highly probable we'll never see him.

Before anyone brings up Christian or Gail Kim, they were WWE vets long before jumping ship to TNA. It's obvious they left the "E" on good terms because Vince brought them back. But Gail Kim is rarely used on tv and tons of people believe Christian was banished to ECW (even though I believe it's great for him and the WWE).

If TNA folded right now, I don't know that any of the originals would be welcomed in WWE. Several should be (AJ Styles being the most prevalent), but it's truly hard to tell if Vince even believes in their abilities because he surely doesn't seem worried about them creating competition for the wrestling world. In the past couple of months, several pretty talented guys have been let go by TNA (Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt come to mind), but they haven't exactly garnered a spot on the "E". Several guys would be welcomed back due to their reputation with the WWE (Nash, Booker, Foley & Angle), but whether or not they ever became main event players again is anyone's guess.

TNA is simply an organization that gets lumped into the wrestling world and forces Vince to talk about them every now and again. But he's not losing sleep and more importantly, he's not losing money because of them. Until that happens, he could care less.

^

It was Chris Harris on ECW, not James Storm (who is one half of Beer Money Inc.) Althogh to be fair Harris only had 3 matches under the insanely creative gimmick of Braden Walker... so yeah, not even worth reminiscing about!

Please tell me that this is not an actual question. I mean I can't help but think that the crew from Punked is going to run out at any minute now and tell me that this was all a hoax. I mean cuz how could WWE NOT acknowledge TNA's existence? It's all over the place. They run ppv's, they have many former WWE stars, and they have been able to steal a few of the WWE's best performers in Christian, Booker T, and Kurt Angle. They even now have Lashley on their roster, a man who Vince McMahon himself was looking forward to raking in millions of revenue from. And with people now comparing TNA's ability to hold on to it's ratings, no matter who they go against while WWE programming has been seeing major ratings slides, they can't hide the fact that TNA exists anymore.

Hell, wasn't it Vince McMahon who took the time to fire shots at TNA programming by calling it "reprehensible"? Ha! if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. But it was actually a masterfully placed shot by McMahon where he is drawing attention to TNA in order to get another ratings war started, which would in turn bring back viewers as a whole and may boost WWE ratings. Why else would WWE now have fourth original program, conveniently placed on Thursday nights, just to test the waters of a head to head war between the two.

So to even sit and ask this question was a waste of time as WWE has already acknowledged TNA's existence and tossed a program into a head to head with it on a network that has more outlets than Spike? Will it work? Not really. because while many viewers watch RAW, Smackdown, ECW, and Impact, few will watch Superstars. No matter what.

They've given TNA a couple of little bitch slaps, when Kid Kash had just left TNA and showed up at at the first ECW One Night Stand, Joey Styles said something like "It's Mr. TNA Kid Kash, Total Nonstop Athlete".

Also on the Hardy's DVD, Jeff took a shot at them, they asked him what he would do if he got his third strike and was fired and he said something sarcastic like "My career would be over, WWE is the place to be, what would I do, go back to TNA? *laughs*"

I think it's smart not to acknowledge TNA on TV, what purpose would it serve? One of the reasons I hate TNA is their constant name dropping of WWE, they should just concentrate on their own show.

Vince doesnt need to mention them. if you watch tna you see them alot take shots at wwe. They mentioned the whole jr.'s colon angle on tna lol. rhyno burned the ecw tv title saying he wouldnt give it to wwe or whatever like kmon they take show at wwe and wwe does not care cuz at the end of the day they are making more money and thats all vince cares about. i hope to see Vince buy tna in a few years and do another invasion angle.

Why should they? There is no need to acknowledge TNA. WWE is like the pros whereas TNA is like that league in your neighborhood that lets the special kids play sports.
Case in point: Whenever Christian is talked about it is only said that he had a hiatus. Nothing about being TNA Champ. They don't wanna insult him.

They don't acknowledge them on TV which is understandable, the only possible way I could ever see this working is if a heel rookie on ECW says something like "I've only been here a month and I've already got more people watching my show than that washed up, over the hill piece of shit Sting, where is he these days?" Whilst this isn't my opinion it would certainly be tongue-in-cheek. ECW is seen as WWE's 3rd brand yet is still around the same level and sometimes above TNA in terms of its viewing figures.

Although the website's industry news section has already been mention, and TNA also have had adverts during WWE programming.

I could be wrong, but besides the Stryker and Styles comment the other only time I heard a 'veiled' reference to TNA was I think HHH.

I remember either H or someone demeaning another wrestler saying he can go play in "the minor leagues in Nashville." (old TNA home).

But besides that there's no reason to mention TNA, VKM doesn't see them as competition. He acknowledges them in 'Industry News' not to give props or throw recognition to them, but to compete with the IWC, who he feels is a bigger threat to his company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back