• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE looking at TNA's talent pool

Cvaldezjr04

Occasional Pre-Show
ok let's just get his outta the way before this turns into a frenzy, everyone steals from everyone ok? everyone steals talent, storylines, match types, blah blah blah, yes even the great VKM steals....ok so now that that's said and done, a few days ago there was a headline on WZ about Steve Austin saying that WWE should try and sign Samoa Joe as soon as his contract is up, as I thought about that, I thought that would be a great idea and great addition to WWE.

So now to my question, Should WWE start paying more attention to Tna's talent pool and dishing out the cash to sign guys like samoa joe, aj styles (if the money's good, even HE will sign), etc...once their contracts are up? Not that WWE doesn't have enough great talent now, but from what I've been reading a lot of tna ppl are complaining about being overshadowed by hogan, bischoff, flair, sting , especially when it comes to time on the mic cutting promos. and I agree.

If the talent would be used properly and pushed right, I say WWE should raid TNA's top talent. AJ, Samoa Joe, Roode, Storm, Shelley, Sabin, etc. These guys are some of the best in wrestling today. If anything like that would happen, I fear that they will be buried and not given a chance.

I don't think so. If anything, Vince will do a sign and bury just to prove a point. Could you imagine the fat jokes that would be running rampant with Samoa Joe?

And AJ Styles would be another Evan Bourne.

If anything, raid their knockouts and bring in someone like ODB.

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

ok i see where you're going, yes it would be great if the wwe signs Samoa Joe, he is being wasted all the way jobbing to guys like Devon, he is the TNA jobber right now, i can't even remember when was the last time he won a match, sure maybe he has won some Bar brawls, but a match clean?, i don't remember...

As great as i think signing joe would be, i don't really think he would be used that much better in the wwe, Vince hates the samoan look, so i don't think he can be a champion in the wwe, sure things can vary in time, but it would take him a long time to turn the stereotypes from him...

all in all there's a lot of talent being wasted in both companies, so i think the wwe should be watching what tna stars are being wasted and maybe offer them a contract that will benefit both ends...

If I was WWE and i was able to take one TNA superstar and only one I would chose Robert Roode. Roode has it all. The look. The mic skills. The passion. And the in ring ability. I believe he should have been a top guy all ready and not stuck in this tag team position. Don't get me wrong Beer Money is one of the best tag teams in wrestling today but i would love to see Roode as a singles star. Also i DO think WWE would use Bobby right because he has the look that WWE likes. When i watch him he is like a hybrid of Triple H and Randy Orton. But that's just me.

TNA has a lot of great talent and it's a shame that that they are being pushed aside for vets and guys who do not make TNA better. If i had the opportunity to take other guys i would agree with Austin and grab Samoa Joe. I would also take the Motor City Machine Guns, James Storm, Austin Aries, Matt Morgan, and Brutus Magnus. Not only do all these guys have talent but out of the entire TNA roster I think these are the only guys that WWE would actually use and actually use right.

WWE need another giant. Matt Morgan is a lot more agile then most 7 footers and he has the in ring ability and mic skills to become a top guy in WWE. If WWE is rebuilding that tag team division MCMG are probably the best tag team in the world so that's a great start. If WWE are getting the Kings of Wrestling thats going to be great because WWE will have one of the best tag divisions in the world. Austin Aries can also have some great matches with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, and Kofi Kingston so he can fit in and have some matches the are deserving of Match of the Night. These are just a few examples.

I don't think the WWE needs to raid TNA at all, but if given the chance and the opportunity arises, I don't see why WWE shouldn't sign some of TNA's talent. Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, and AJ Styles are the main names I think WWE should sign if the opportunity came..

But aside from that I don't really see much interest for the WWE in TNA's roster. They're either old veterans the WWE doesn't need or want anymore, young talent that WWE got rid of because they didn't see potential in or want, or they're small guys like in the X Division which WWE has no use for anyway (not unless they're bringing back the Cruiserweight division). So no, no need to raid the TNA roster and I doubt the WWE really has any interest in TNA's roster beyond a select few.

I know WWE once had a chance to snatch him up, but I say go for Robert Roode again!

Guy has "IT"! Great wrestle, good mic skills and has the look of a champion!

Also, let's not forget James Storm. Guy is far above many in TNA! All around TALENTED!

WWE need another giant. Matt Morgan is a lot more agile then most 7 footers and he has the in ring ability and mic skills to become a top guy in WWE. If WWE is rebuilding that tag team division MCMG are probably the best tag team in the world so that's a great start. If WWE are getting the Kings of Wrestling thats going to be great because WWE will have one of the best tag divisions in the world. Austin Aries can also have some great matches with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, and Kofi Kingston so he can fit in and have some matches the are deserving of Match of the Night. These are just a few examples.

If I am correct, Matt Morgan already had one run with the E in which he failed miserably. Or perhaps was injured and then released? I don't recall. It's been a while.
And as far as Austin Aries goes, he'd be a great fit in with the company. We've been seeing smaller guys getting pushes over recent years. This guy can outdo most of the locker room of the E, save Punk, Danielson and possibly even Ziggler.

I don't think so. If anything, Vince will do a sign and bury just to prove a point. Could you imagine the fat jokes that would be running rampant with Samoa Joe?

And AJ Styles would be another Evan Bourne.

If anything, raid their knockouts and bring in someone like ODB.

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

First off, let me point out how ignorant of a post this is. If what you say is true, why did they give a guy like Christian the ECW and World Heavyweight championships? How about CM Punk's current situation? Please think before making posts like this.

ok let's just get his outta the way before this turns into a frenzy, everyone steals from everyone ok? everyone steals talent, storylines, match types, blah blah blah, yes even the great VKM steals....ok so now that that's said and done, a few days ago there was a headline on WZ about Steve Austin saying that WWE should try and sign Samoa Joe as soon as his contract is up, as I thought about that, I thought that would be a great idea and great addition to WWE.

So now to my question, Should WWE start paying more attention to Tna's talent pool and dishing out the cash to sign guys like samoa joe, aj styles (if the money's good, even HE will sign), etc...once their contracts are up? Not that WWE doesn't have enough great talent now, but from what I've been reading a lot of tna ppl are complaining about being overshadowed by hogan, bischoff, flair, sting , especially when it comes to time on the mic cutting promos. and I agree.

I don't think WWE ever said they didn't pay attention to TNA's talent pool. It would be foolish of them to not look into wrestlers on the roster of the (arguably) #2 promotion in the world. Although TNA's booking has been questionable at times, that's no reason to overlook the amount of talent they have on their roster. I'm sure that the WWE would chomp at the bit to grab onto stars like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan (now that he's improved his game tremendously since his former stint in WWE), Robert Roode, James Storm, etc.

Now, for all of you who think WWE would just "bury" everyone, do you know what you're talking about? A promotion like the WWE doesn't need to take talent from other promotions and instantly make them into world champions and clones of John Cena and Randy Orton. No matter who you are, what promotions you've been to, and what other organizational championships you've won, EVERYONE gets knocked off the podium, eventually. Not to mention the fact that it's not every day when a superstar debuts in the WWE and gets an instant world title push. But even when they do, how many are left at the top? They ALL go down, eventually.

The reason for this is the mere fact that the WWE's talent pool is so deep that it is basically impossible to keep every single wrestler as the top focal point of the show all of the time. Everyone needs to step aside every once in a while and is given a chance to prove themselves worthy of staying at the top and hanging with guys like Randy Orton, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, CM Punk, Triple H... I mean, just listen to that list of names. Do you all honestly think there is enough television time to make every one of your favorite wrestlers stay on par with names like those? It's fucking impossible, no matter what way you slice it. Eventually, all wrestlers need to step aside and leave room for other to get through... some more than others. The sooner the thick heads of the IWC absorb this fact the sooner we can all stop bitching and moaning about guys that "DONT GETZ DA PUSHEZ".

Bottom line is that guys like John Laurinaitis, Jim Ross, and the rest of the WWE will continue to keep their eyes open to grab talent from all ends of the Earth. Whether it be from ROH, TNA, Japan All-Pro, or someone's backyard; as long as they have enough talent to hang with the best in the world, the WWE will find them and try to sign them to their promotion.

I think Bobby Roode is definitely the guy they should pick up. He's great in the ring and on the mic and he's got a good look. I think he could be a main eventer as either a face or heel as he is great as both.

I think WWE should stay focused on WWE, i just don't see the guys at TNA as having much tallent when compared to the WWE roster

agreed! TNA needs to worry about TNA and WWE needs to worry about WWE! Imagine if they did sign Joe..... The same people wanting it to happen would bitch if WWE actually pushed him over the talent thats been with WWE for a while (Morrison, Ziggler ETC) So really this wouldn't make anyone happy and i think it would be a bad idea if WWE were to bring in any of these guys because WWE does not and will not need any of these guys

I wouldn't see any harm in WWE taking a good hard look at TNA's talent pool if the opportunity were to suddenly present itself. It's not like it would take long. Look at the entire roster. Throw out all of the aging superstars who are holding on longer than they should. Throw out the former WWE guys who either would not want to come back, or would likely not be welcomed back. Throw out any of the skankier knockouts who wouldn't fit the profile of a typical WWE Diva. And throw out the guys who aren't worth a lot.

As I see it, it quickly condenses down to a short list. Robert Roode, James Storm, AJ Styles, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Velvet Sky, and even Sting and Samoa Joe, and that's about it.

I'm pretty sure the WWE has made offers to several of TNA's top guys in the past. They really would be foolish to not be looking at TNA for future acquisitions; outside of the WWE, where else are they going to find performers who have actually worked for a wrestling company on a weekly tv show (ie: with relevant work experience)?

I believe that the issues involved in signing a performer from TNA lie with the performers themselves, and where they are in their lives. If A.J Styles, Bobby Roode, or Samoa Joe were to go to the WWE, they would be:

1. Taking on a much more hectic schedule and committing to spending less time at home with their families
2. Leaving behind friends and coworkers that they are familiar with, and (I'd assume) a fairly stable career to go to a new company where they can neither be sure of how they will fit in or of their own job security. Kaz went to the WWE for a time, but it didn't work out and he ended up having to work his way back up the card in TNA. Chris Harris attempted to go the WWE and never made it back to TNA fulltime.
3. Probably having to take several steps back in their careers/spots in order to just get a shot. Most talent coming from TNA would probably end up in FCW, and might even need to go through NXT. Low-Ki ended up having to work through NXT alongside a bunch of rookies, and even when he won that victory did little to further his career. The fact that Low-Ki is insanely talented had little impact on his ultimate fate in the company.

Its not all bad, of course; obviously things worked out for Christian and R-Truth. But still, going to the WWE is a big risk that involves a great many sacrifices. For a guy like A.J Styles who has a family to provide for, a best friend who works in TNA, and a guaranteed spot in the company for as long as he wants it, I think whether or not the WWE would use him better than TNA is a secondary concern. The main question he would have to ask himself is whether or not the WWE can guarantee him enough money for a long enough period of time to secure his future?

As someone who really enjoys TNA but can't get interested in watching WWE, I'd like for WWE to sign Samoa Joe. Just so I don't have to keep hearing about how Samoa Joe should be TNA World Champion because you can bet your bottom dollar that if he was people would be saying "Why is this fat, boring, Samoan guy the World Champion?"

As for guys that could do well in WWE, IMO, if they ever managed to sign them. Guys like Matt Morgan, Gunner, Crimson and Rob Terry would be my picks as the most likely to succeed. Someone like AJ Styles would fail in WWE. He's a technical, high flying, wrestler with a Southern accent. He'd most likely be stuck with some trailor park trash jobber gimmick.

By the way, I'm not quite sure how anyone in TNA is being overshadowed by Ric Flair. Hell Amazing Red is not even being overshadowed by Ric Flair. Because Ric Flair is not even on the show. And to be honest, if a wrestler is overshadowed by a legend, who's fault is that? The wrestler who's being overshadowed by the legend because he's not as interesting/entertaining as said legend. I would be more than happy (as would the masses) with a lot more Ric Flair and a lot less Samoa Joe because Ric Flair is more interesting/entertaining than Samoa Joe. How come the WWEs ratings went up when the Rock returned but haven't during this CM Punk thing? Because people are more entertained and interested in legends than they are in internet darlings.

The idea that guys like AJ, Joe, Storm, Roode and Shelley should go to WWE because they're supposedly being misused by TNA doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

If WWE wanted TNA's original talents (assuming they were available), they could get them regardless of how well they get booked in TNA. Because as long as TNA's doing 1.0s and 10-30k PPV buys, there's no money in being a headliner in TNA. That's why they've poured so much money into guys like Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Angle, ect. To try and raise the tide and lift all the boats along.

I think that Consequences Creed/Xavier Woods is a good indicator of how a lot of guys from TNA would end up... Roode would walk right in to the IC/mid card but they would not be able to resist changing his name to Rude and using the Ravishing gimmick.... Vince would just do it for shits and giggles... Jay Lethal (strictly still TNA) would be a great addition to WWE, I think they are letting the Randy Savage stuff pass before signing him, though personally I really believe the "Black Machismo" would go over big in WWE and would be a good way for Vince to appease Randy's fans...cos it was never a "cheap" rip off... it was a dead on homage...

I really think that the best siging from TNA they could make right now is.... RVD... the guy is stagnating and would still have some "pop" over in WWE, especially against Punk and Jericho... He's done his time so to speak, and he'd never get the belt again but he'd fill the gap that Edge left pretty well....

If I am correct, Matt Morgan already had one run with the E in which he failed miserably. Or perhaps was injured and then released? I don't recall. It's been a while. QUOTE]

Actually Matt Morgan had two runs with WWE, one in late 03 early 04 and one around mid 05 if my memory serves me correctly. He was still very green during both his runs, and the first he was still somewhat fresh off Tough Enough 2. His first run he was basically just a big bruiser character and he was actually apart of the monster team at Survivor Series 03 with Lesnar, Big Show, A Train and Nathan Jones. He wasn't used for much more rather than this a few tag matches here and there and that was it. His second run in 05 he was Carlito's stuttering bodybuard. In fact his only match during this run was a squash of a young Zack Ryder for you trivia guys. I think he would fit in on a WWE roster way better now than he did then, but I think he should stay in TNA. As far as guys from TNA WWE should pick up, I agree with the masses as far as Samoa Joe, Robert Roode and James Storm are concerned. I would also like to see Hernandez in WWE for some reason and maybe even Crimson once he gets a little more experience. Personally, I would love to see somebody take the book at TNA who actually has a passion to book great wrestling and give the WWE at least some competition. There is good talent over on the TNA brand, and they offer great tag team and cruiserweight style matches which WWE lacks. Destination X is by far the best PPV I have seen all year, and TNA's "big names" were barely involved.

First off Joe was in the WWF Along time ago as a jobber second AJ Styles and The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels would be awesome no pun intended to see in the WWE it would be cool to see them Rey and Matt '' Even Borune '' Sydel go at it in a Tornado match.

Crimson is the kind of guy who Vince won't take cos he didn't build him... Hernandez had a shot a couple of years back but he blew it by bigging himself up too much...

The issue for guys in TNA now is that the WWE guys like Kofi, Ziggler and Miz have 4 years of "Titan Training" under their belts, as opposed to 2 years of "Hogan Histrionics"... anyone who makes the move seriously is also going to serve a tough initiation cos of the Jarrett connection... Jeff is still persona non grata with Vince...

the 1 guy that no one mentioned that would be a good fit in the wwe is hernandez, he's big,tough and i could see him come in as adr's bodyguard

WWE will NOT look at anyone from TNA for a few reasons. Their in their prime (mid 30s) and most of them are under contract for a long time.

Bobby Roode: Nearly went to WWE in 06/07, John Laurinaitis didn't like him. Roode became uninterested in WWE and re-signed a 6 year deal with TNA.

Matt Morgan: Dislikes WWE because he feels they wasted his time with his gimmick. Signed until 2014.

AJ Styles: Isn't really Interested. Under contract until 2014.

Samoa Joe: Who knows? But he's more into family than wrestling and he is under contract until 2013.

Crimson: Will be locked into a long term contract soon.

James Storm: Signed a new deal.

Pope: Is more into Criminal Justice than Wrestling. Which is why he is hardly used now.

Anderson: Signed until 2015.

TNA isn't like WCW. They actually keep their talent signed long term.

Besides, why would you condone WWE signing TNA talent if you dislike TNA signing WWE talent?

I don't think the WWe needs to look at either TNA or RoH for some time. As evidenced by this year's WrestleMania they really need to create viable stars. Now, if the current Christian and CM Punk storylines succeed (fingers crossed), this will be a start. Sheamus, RTruth, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan and, to a lesser extent, ADR, A-Ry and Dolph Ziggler also appear to being given some TLC.

The thing is, you can only push so many guys at one time and pushing new guys who may not be familiar to many of the Universe over established guys might not be the way to go. Concentrate on the talent they undoubtedly have before you break in new guys. WWe fans know their wrestlers, creative just needs to continue the current push theory - after all, it worked well during the Attitude era.

WWE will NOT look at anyone from TNA for a few reasons. Their in their prime (mid 30s) and most of them are under contract for a long time.

Bobby Roode: Nearly went to WWE in 06/07, John Laurinaitis didn't like him. Roode became uninterested in WWE and re-signed a 6 year deal with TNA.

Matt Morgan: Dislikes WWE because he feels they wasted his time with his gimmick. Signed until 2014.

AJ Styles: Isn't really Interested. Under contract until 2014.

Samoa Joe: Who knows? But he's more into family than wrestling and he is under contract until 2013.

Crimson: Will be locked into a long term contract soon.

James Storm: Signed a new deal.

Pope: Is more into Criminal Justice than Wrestling. Which is why he is hardly used now.

Anderson: Signed until 2015.

TNA isn't like WCW. They actually keep their talent signed long term.

Besides, why would you condone WWE signing TNA talent if you dislike TNA signing WWE talent?

I don't know where you got that I disliked TNA signing WWE talent, but whatever thats your prerogative. Like i said in the beginning of the thread, EVERYONE steals from EVERYONE, that's business! I don't hate it, I'm all for doing smart business. I agree with the few that have said that WWE should right now focus on building the talent that they have now. But I think there are a few that WWE could benefit from TNA as well as there are some from WWE that I don't feel are being used and could benefit more in TNA. I agree that WWE shouldn't sign anyone just to bury them and make them look ridiculous. I don't watch TNA religiously, but I have seen some talent, I like AJ Styles a lot, I think he could have awesome feuds in WWE, but that just me!

shelley wouldn't get over with the WWE audience. He wrestles like a goddamned video game, absolutely no selling ability, moves too quick and the audience can't digetst it. Same with Sabin but to a lesser extent.

Styles MIGHT get over on name alone. He is smarter about how he works his matches, his promo skills are about as good or better than Morrisons, he has a ton of in ring charisma, I can see it. I just don't think Vince would pay him as much as TNA is paying him.

Joe would be AWESOME. Can do promos, can work any style of match with anyone, has a boatload of in ring charisma. Bring him in with the Usos as a mystery monster partner and let him loose.

Course, if AJ isn't booked as a world champ you guys will bitch. Same with Joe or anyone else they bring over.

I don't think Vince would bury them "to prove a point" I think if they don't get over he will. If they do, money talks louder than everyone else's opinion, even Vince's.

I wouldn't put too much stock into contracts. They can be worked around, bought out, etc. If Vince wants someone, he'll get them.

AJ Styles could work great as an upper midcarder and part time maineventer, getting 1-3 WWE or WHC but winning mostly US/IC titles. I love the guy but even in TNA he has a Jericho role so I wouldn't really expect him to be at the very top of the ladder but he is one of the few guys that can remain over and look good even when losing so it wouldn't even hurt the guy at all.

Not to mention I'd love him to wrestle Danielson since those two are more or less sharing the place as my favourite ring performers today and I wouldn't even be surprised if they pulled a ***** match if they ever wrestled each other.

Robert Roode is more of a typical WWE maineventer unlike Styles. Look? Check. Charisma? Check. Mic Skills? Check. Ring Skills? Check. People compare him to Triple H quite often, I personally disagree with that since apart from their similar look and the spinebuster, they are not really all too similar. I think he could get over well within the WWE audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back