Do you think that Kharma/Awesome Kong will face men?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Violence between the sexes does not send a positive message. Doesn't matter if the woman is the "winner" or the "loser". If she "wins" that means it's ok for women to beat on men, which it clearly is not. And the reverse is just as true.

No.

Violence between the sexes does not send a positive message. Doesn't matter if the woman is the "winner" or the "loser". If she "wins" that means it's ok for women to beat on men, which it clearly is not. And the reverse is just as true.

Of course, the flip side to this is that promoting women as nothing but sex objects and silly "divas" wearing skimpy clothing also doesn't exactly send out a positive message either. If Kong competes against men and happens to win matches and win a belt, I see that as only a positive thing.

Of course, the flip side to this is that promoting women as nothing but sex objects and silly "divas" wearing skimpy clothing also doesn't exactly send out a positive message either.

No, it really isn't the flip side at all.
Women competing with other women, for sex or for glory or what have you has nothing whatever to do with violence between men and women.

No, it really isn't the flip side at all.
Women competing with other women, for sex or for glory or what have you has nothing whatever to do with violence between men and women.

Look at it logically though. You have someone like Kong, who is built like a brick shithouse and if you saw her in the street, you'd know that she could credibly beat the crap out of most men (including myself!). It was the same with Chyna, which is why she competed against both men and women (and convincingly). If Kong has been brought into WWE just to compete against the limited pool of talent that WWE have in the women's division, her talents will be completely wasted, IMO.

Look at it logically though. You have someone like Kong, who is built like a brick shithouse and if you saw her in the street, you'd know that she could credibly beat the crap out of most men (including myself!). It was the same with Chyna, which is why she competed against both men and women (and convincingly). If Kong has been brought into WWE just to compete against the limited pool of talent that WWE have in the women's division, her talents will be completely wasted, IMO.

I've already agreed to disagree. Logic would dictate that selling violence between men and women is unethical. Your opinion is noted.

I can't see WWE having her face men, unless they are aware of the consequences. With all these advocate groups getting pissed off at everything they do, Kong would only make it worse.
I just hope Kong/Kharma doesn't give any children nightmares to the point some group gets mad at WWE and Kong gets in trouble.

I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they had her face male jobbers. It's not like she'd be the first. Beth Phoenix and Chyna have both faced men. It will get repetitive and dull after a while if Kharma (Awesome Kong) does nothing but squash divas left and right. Granted it will be great at first due to the division needing something different.... but when it gets to the point where people want to see something different again, they might have her face male jobbers to put over how much stronger than the other divas she is.

The main difference between the paths of Chyna and Kharma is that Chyna started out wrestling men and only joined the women's division late in her WWE career, while Kharma's initial mission is to steamroll the women's ranks.

You can figure the pattern it will follow: In the first months, Kharma will destroy all the divas with scarcely any opposition. During this period, I wouldn't be surprised if Creative keeps her away from Beth Phoenix because Beth is the only diva who won't look like a child next to Kharma. (For that reason, I think Kharma will debut on Smackdown, since Beth is now on RAW).

As time goes on, the other divas will start getting in some offense on Kharma and even pulling out some victories by count out and disqualification. In fact, a good way for WWE to keep her from total domination is by disqualifying her like crazy.......since crazy is how they're making her appear in her promos.

But eventually, they're going to have to let the other divas sometimes get the best of Kharma.....and that's where the problem lies with having her take on men. Who's going to buy the notion of her beating the guys after she's lost a few times to the women?

I think she's there to be a permanent fixture in the women's division.

Maybe eventually but from the promo's my guess would be no.

It looks like they have every intention to put her with the Diva's and be the monster heel of the division. Personally whenever she does show up I think she'll be having a lengthy title reign almost immediately. For the first long while she is gonna be destroying diva's left and right which is fine by me.

Eventually I could see her going into the mens division but she isn't nearly as menacing standing next to Kane or the Big Show.

idk if people noticed but micheal cole has always interupted divas matches with his speeches i think he is going do that during one of karmas matches i she is just gonna mess him up. and it is about time divas wrestling gets interesting

I wouldn't have seen it before, but the little vignettes have made it even more entirely abundant what Kong will be doing on WWE - demolishing divas. The problem with monster heels is always what to do with them once they are beaten. For men, this is often to turn them face and to make them a bit of a comedy figure -see Khali and Kozlov as prime examples of this currently competing. With women it's a little different, they can turn face, but they normally get forgotten unless they can have a storyline like Beth Phoenix had with Santino. The other option is to fight men, but I think the WWE learned their lesson with Chyna that most wrestlers are unwilling to put them over, and the crowd don't want to see it. That being said, within a year, Kharma will have been beaten, and there mightn't be anything for her to do, so their might be a last throw of the dice and she'll be thrown in with the men. I don't see how that would benefit anyone though, if I'm honest.

Sorry for starting another Kharma thread....

I am glad that she's been signed by WWE. I was a big fan of her work in TNA and I liked the fact that she punched that douchebag Bubba The Lovesponge.

However, just seeing her on Raw last night absolutely demolish Maryse cements my belief that she will simply be wasted in women's competition in WWE. IMO, only Beth Phoenix and Natalya will even come close to being able to fight this lady credibly and even they will look minute compared to her.

So it leads me to believe that Kharma will *have* to face men in WWE at some point, unless her signing is meant to be relatively short-term. She is simply too much of a monster to face most of the female wrestlers. She is even bigger than many of the male wrestlers!

I hear the arguments that Kharma fighting against men would be some sort of glorification of violence against women, but we're not talking about an ordinary woman here....we're talking about a 270lb monster who could credibly crush many opposite sex opponents without breaking a sweat. Chyna did this credibly a few years ago and I don't recall hearing the same arguments. If anything, what's worse is the whole "diva" thing, where women in WWE have become nothing more than sex objects and puny valley girls, which is far more derogatory for the female gender than having a woman out there kicking ass, even if it's "male" ass.

What are your thoughts?

I definetly agree with you that Kharma will have to face men at some point. There hasnt been a woman outside The Glamazon that could potentially face men in singles competition in since Chyna and I think it is something that will be warmly welcomed back. It worked out well for her(I loved her feud with Y2J) and I do believe it would work for Kharma.
As a matter of fact I have a scenario that ive been thinking about since the draft brought Kelly and D Mac to Raw together. I say that Kharma goes after all the divas and saves Kelly for later, but when she goes after her have Drew come in and save her. Then Drew turns face, Kelly falls for him along with the crowd and we have a great feud. I would even like to see Kharma either get a diva or superstar to team up with her, it could make for some interesting mixed tag matches.

I really hope she doesn't fight against the men with any sort of regularity. I guess I wound not mind a very occasional matchup against some jobber or some lower card guy, but if she starts fighting against the men to any significant degree, it will be the end of her. I believe that when Chyna began fighting the men more so than the women, that pretty much finished her (although she was well down the path of self destruction anyway by that point).

Having Kharma fight the men is a no win situation. If she begins fighting guys, any future matches against any of the divas will be meaningless, as she will be expected to beat all of them every time which will totally finish her as a divas competitor.

If she fights men and loses, how does this advance her career? She won't really be able to go back to the women, and will be losing to the men. Plus it will be politically incorrect to have her fighting the men and losing to them.

If she fights men and wins, what does this do to the man's career? If she fights some lower guy like Primo or Zack Ryder and beats them, they're finished. Any chance of ever amounting to anything, however remote, is over. And it would be ridiculous to have her fight anyone of a mid card level or higher.

However dominant a female she is, she's still a woman, and should pretty much exclusively fight women. I wouldn't mind seeing her squash Cole for interrupting divas matches, but other than that, keep her in her own gender.

I really hope she doesn't fight against the men with any sort of regularity. I guess I wound not mind a very occasional matchup against some jobber or some lower card guy, but if she starts fighting against the men to any significant degree, it will be the end of her. I believe that when Chyna began fighting the men more so than the women, that pretty much finished her (although she was well down the path of self destruction anyway by that point).

Having Kharma fight the men is a no win situation. If she begins fighting guys, any future matches against any of the divas will be meaningless, as she will be expected to beat all of them every time which will totally finish her as a divas competitor.

If she fights men and loses, how does this advance her career? She won't really be able to go back to the women, and will be losing to the men. Plus it will be politically incorrect to have her fighting the men and losing to them.

If she fights men and wins, what does this do to the man's career? If she fights some lower guy like Primo or Zack Ryder and beats them, they're finished. Any chance of ever amounting to anything, however remote, is over. And it would be ridiculous to have her fight anyone of a mid card level or higher.

However dominant a female she is, she's still a woman, and should pretty much exclusively fight women. I wouldn't mind seeing her squash Cole for interrupting divas matches, but other than that, keep her in her own gender.

Problem is: Kharma/Kong will tear through the current women's division on either Raw or Smackdown in a matter of days. There are only 2 female wrestlers in WWE who could even come close to credibly hanging in the ring with her for more than a few minutes (Beth Phoenix & Natalya) and even they would most likely get squashed.

I don't get that most of you would not want to see Kharma compete against men. She is a strong, powerful woman. To have her compete against men and even go for gold would be something new and exciting. It would also serve as a diversion from the fact that for the most part, WWE push their female wrestlers as nothing but sex objects, competing against one another in "like oh my god" type matches, afraid to break their nails or something.

I think that unless WWE are planning to drag out a long Kharma/Beth Phoenix feud, Kharma's signing will prove to be only short term. She is simply too physically big and strong to remain in the women's division for longer than 6 months. She needs to either compete against men (eventually), or face a short WWE career, which would end at the next WM with a match against Beth Phoenix. Then again, if Chyna were to ever return, now would be the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back