Awesome Kong vs. Women/Men?

Kermit

the Frog
As we patiently await the debut of Awesome Kong, I started thinking about the recent blogs that Jim Ross has posted about her. Jim Ross often stresses that he hopes that Kong will never have to face males. When i think of a female wrestling a male, i instantly think of Chyna.

The question is, would a female agianst a man stand today in the WWE? Back then we had the attitude era, with an audience targeted at adults, with provocative promos and gimmicks. It was all about the controversy. But now we have a targeted children audience, with their parent's hovering behind them. Would a man throwing punches at or doing a DDT to a woman be acceptable in this current era of wrestling?

Would something like this stand today? Skip to 3:17 to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b0snMZf-LY

That was miniscule compared to what Chyna did versus male wrestlers, but i don't even think that single promo right there would garner any thought. It would be immediately shot down in this PG era.

My question to all of you is this: Do you think the WWE will ever take someone like Awesome Kong and put her in matches agianst males? Or do you just have her dominate the women division with only some non-clean finish knocking her off the top? Do you think it would garner some big controversy if they put her agianst a male?

Thoughts and comments are welcomed.

While most people would be against women fighting men, you really have to consider the fact when it comes to Kong. She is EASILY double the size of every diva in the WWE. She will bulldoze her way through the women's division in a matter of weeks if she is given a good push, which I hear Vince is more than willing to do. After she demolishes the women's division, who else is there to wrestle? A woman of Kong's stature can easily take on a male one on one in a fight and kick his ass. I am a big guy myself and Kong could crush me like an insect. Not because of her size, but because of her fighting skill. The only way I can see Kong lose a match if she is counted out, DQed, or it's a dirty win. Logically, she cannot be beaten by females of WWE content without cheating or the normal pinning fashion. Kong will eventually move up the ranks and face the Male division. Even there, I can see Kong decimate guys like DeBiase and Rhodes. Hell, I can even see Kong winning a World Title if she fought against the right guy, but we know that isn't going to happen. If used correctly, Kong will make a splash in the WWE. I personally can't wait for the Raw after Wrestlemania to see the debut of Sin Cara and Kong.

In this era at first thought I'd have said there's no chance of this happening. At first I figured that they'd just have her squash the entire diva's division and only ever lose the title through cheating. But if you think that most people don't care about the Diva's division and they do care about Kong, it would make logical sense to put her in with the division people actually want to see. I'm not sure if they have any policies that forbid male on female violence and can understand why this would be, with the product seemingly becoming slightly less PG, well maybe they would have this happen after all. I'd like to see it and I'm sure many of you also would.

Or they could drop the ball like they've done so many times before.

Women wrestling men simply does not work in my opinion. All it does, more often than not, is make the male wrestlers look weak. I've never been a fan of women wrestling men or women holding men's championships. Chyna winning the IC title was a disgrace just as it was for Madusa holding the Cruiserweight Championship in WCW.

Kong's size compared to other women in WWE is irrelevant. It didn't matter in TNA so why should it matter in WWE? In spite of what some might think, most women on the TNA roster have the same model/lap dancer look as most women in WWE. Again, that didn't seem to be a factor in how Kong was used in TNA so I see no reason why it should in WWE.

I'll give TNA crredit that they were at least smart enough not to use Kong against men so if WWE is actually dumb enough to do so, then they deserve any bit of criticism that they'd get.

While it might be funny to see Kong crush Chavo or Ryder it's just not a good idea. See everything Jack Hammer said.
Kong should come in a decimate the womens division leaving broken, bleeding, useless divas in her wake....ROOOOAAAAARRRR!!!

"Would a female agianst a man stand today in the WWE?"

Keep in mind, just least year, Beth Phoenix was in the Royal Rumble and took a GTS from CM Punk... They were under the PG rating at that time.

While Beth isn't the smallest woman in WWE, standing side by side, Kong makes her look small by comparison. So, the qucick answer would be, yes, Kong would be able to wrestle men and have it fit in the PG guideline.

The key is, pairing her up with the right men to face and having a good reason to do those matches. You don't just throw Kong into a match with a guy, just to do it... Have a reasoning and a story behind it.

What I'd like to see happen is for her to come in with Michael Cole as her manager-type figure. It's obvious Cole's going to be around longer as a heel and he's been bashing the Diva matches lately... Complaining that they need to "hurry up," or that th matches are a "waste of time." What better way for Cole to put an end to those matches than to have bring Kong in and wipe them out? From there, she could be Cole's bodyguard... Have her stand in front of the Cole Mine Door and replace the nameless people they have there now. Then, anyone that Cole upsets (through physicality or his comments on commentary) would have to go through Kong first.

Just an idea, but I think it would put Kong in a firm spot on the RAW roster, on top of getting Cole even MORE heat, for having to hide behind a woman.

-Bill

With Kong involved, WWE has the opportunity to start legitimising womens wrestling this year. To make her a monster heel they are lacking in the mens department also, and will take AT LEAST until next Mania to have anyone look like they can get the edge on her. And whoever will be pushed as her eventual Hogan to her Andre, if they do it right, will become a star in her own right. Hopefully someone with the charisma that she can get involved in male matches then - using Kong as a Chyna-esque body guard with this face diva as a face Miss Elizabeth type or whatever.

Basically if they do it right, there is no need to comprehend Kong outside the womans division for a long time. And then after she has conquered that on screen for WWE, then maybe we can see the walls bought down a bit. (In a couple years time, Cena fans will have grown up a bit too, maybe making it a bit easier to judge a female enforcer role in the male division.)

Oh man scratch what I said, Kong as Cole's bodyguard would be the best.

Awesome Kong or whatever name she will go by in the WWE absolutely has to wrestle women and women only. As pointed out before, Chyna winning the IC title was stupid and is one of the more fucked up things from the Attitude Era, come on, a female taking a males title? That's not right and that should be more of a disgrace to the IC title than anything they've done recently.

If she was to fight men, then she would instantly be compared to Chyna and I would assume she doesn't want that. You don't want to be compared to someone else your whole career. She should fight women and women only.

Not only would it be a waste of time for Awesome Kong to fight men, it would be a waste of time for men to fight Awesome Kong. She should be used to spice up the Divas division, not drag down then mens.

I'm sure she'll squash some jobber guys but I don't think she will wrestle any main eventers. Possibly a mid-card guy but thats all I see. I'm sure she will go up against some divas and i'm hoping to see Amazing Kong vs Beth. A part of me is thinking she won't last long in WWE but we'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back